XY OU The Machine

credits to Withoutatrace for the banner

Wattup Smogon. I’m MetalGross, and I’m a PO OU player mostly. If you know me at all, it’s probably from Grand Slam. I mostly signed up because it’s an official Smogon tournament, there’s no reason at all not to join. But things went better than expected.

I was first for like a day or 2. meeps’s teams were quite putting in work, and I wasn’t that terrible in either LC or RU so I was like hell yeah! But then, I fell into a bad habit: caring too much, feeling to pressured and eventually I just stopped thinking straight in my games. I ended up losing that round in UU Open, and gathered only 1 point from RU and NU open combined. By then, I thought it was over. But I started doing well in LC and Ubers open. In the end, I choked on an enormous dick vs SteelJackal<3 which will cost me playoffs. I can honestly not express how harsh it is to lose out on such a big tournament as an unknown player. But I’m glad I took part, getting to fight so many good people etc. This RMT is kinda to give back a little something, as I originally didn’t intend to post it here (Smogon for if ur slow) as well. There’s also been an outcry for ‘good’ RMTs, and I feel this one isn’t terrible so there’s that as well. Literally everything else is c/pd from the PO thread, so if there’s anything about tiering (UU, LU, ...) just ignore it as I’m too lazy to fix it. Enjoy~

This has been an incredible year for me on Pokemon level atm: I got XY OU Gym leader, Tier Leader, starter in POCL again and I beat the PO League and one E4 member already! Anyway, now I felt it was time to give something back. This is the greatest XY team I've ever made, and it's really cool as well, while using some very underrated mons. I've used this team on ladder to make Genesect reqs on GERM17NY alt, and I peaked 3rd on ladder, which is impressive because this team just about auto-loses against baton pass (banned rip). After I banned Baton Pass (yea thatswhatido!!!) I did peak 1st wooo! I've used this team a lot in Gym Season as well: undefeated in Mega Absol variant, lost twice in its final forme, but my biggest accomplishment by far was getting into POT semi-finals with this. Honestly you could say that this is quite the POT team, because a lot of my friends (or family lol) used this team in POT as well and I think this team went 8-3 in total by 5 or 6 users.

This team is a result of anti-meta. I wanted a BALANCE team that could beat the 3 types of team that were used: HO, Stall and Sand. Balance differs from Bulky Offense, like cbb's team. Just looking at replays of my team and cbb's team will tell you enough: cbb is saccing mons /a lot/ while I rarely do. Balance tries to have an answer to every attacker in the meta while Bulky Offense is Offense with mons that can take a hit. I hope this RMT will help you understand that.

Also I didn’t know how to name my RMT and make it look cool so I decided to give it the theme of my favorite show atm. Person Of Interest is not only a great show, but it has the coolest trailer. You definitely have to watch it.

This RMT is long so here are some songs you can listen to while you’re reading!

MegaLuke meta version

This is the team I build with my friend Navz :]. Back in the day we used to build all kind of shit together, but this team stood out because it was really good. This team is really old, Tornadus-T was AV to counter Special Mega Luke lmao. We also wanted to try out Mega Alakazam because it seemed really underrated and 175 spatk + 150 speed was nothing to laugh at. This team fared pretty well (I used it intensively in XY OU Forum tour, 6-0ing Tox in the first round of finals) I loved this team because it used some underrated mons + spikestacking on the opp and abusing defog with Bisharp.

Post-MegaLuke meta version

After tier changes (Lucarionite getting banned, Deoxys-S dropping etc) I needed to throw the team around. Megakazam became literally worthless because Deoxys-S did what it did but better and Tornadus-T lost most of its utility due to Lucarionite getting banned. Mega Pinsir was really threatening so I started using Thundurus which is strong as shit. When looking at the Mega list on Serebii for another late game cleaner, Absol caught my eye. It was amazing at the time because DeoSharp (thx Sinclair) and no one realised that Deoxys-S wasn’t just a hazard lead or that Deoxys-D should carry Superpower for Bisharp! I didn’t really like 2 Dark types so I started using DoubleDance Lando-T over Bisharp. Yea I really don’t know why but it’s a cool set so who care! This version of the team was worse than the initial version, weak to BirdSpam and stuff, Mega-Absol sometimes didn’t come into play until the last turn just to get killed etc... Stall had become a bitch as well and this team just didn’t work anymore :(.

The Machine, aka the offensive spectrum of the team. Landorus-T and Mega-Manectric have great synergy: they form a blazing fast VoltTurn core, a double Intimidate core and Landorus-T is immune to Manectric’s only weakness! Combined with Hazard damage, they can really put in work, but bulky Grounds are really gay to face :[.

“You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. It was designed to detect acts of terror but it sees everything.”

The Machine (
) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power [Flying]
- Knock Off / Hidden Power [Flying]

Ah, Scarf Lando-T. One of the best moveset changes I made, although Double Dance is a godly set as well. Scarf Lando-T is the option because this team doesn't have a single priority user (gasp) and landorus can revenge +1 megatar adamant zard x gyarados dragonite and it allows it to be a strong fast attacker overall. Landorus has, just like everything else on this team, also a defensive task: it is a great check against Thundurus, Mega Pinsir, Excadrill, Terrakion and SD Aegislash . It's part of the double Intimidate core which works like a charm. And here’s my INVENTION: Hidden Power Bird Landorus-T. If you take a quick look at my team it is terribly clear: Mega-Heracross has a field day. The only thing that can switch into it without dying the turn after is Landorus-T. But normally it can’t do anything back: hence Hidden Power Flying. Kinda sad that this is the only Flying-type move that Landorus-T gets(OK IT GETS FLY BUT THAT'S WORTHLESS UR A BUTT MEEPS), but it’s whatever. It does 75% min against Max HP M-Hera and 85% min against 0 HP. It also hits SubPunch Breloom who can be quite a pain as well. Decide yourself wether it’s worth it. Knock Off is a cool move to remove items from annoying mons and it's a great move to spam against weakened mons bcuz it cripples switch ins! O U-Turn is prolly the most important move: in combination with volt switch it can weaken teams to the point where both Landorus and Manectric can use other attacks to finish the job. Stone Edge hits pokemon immune to Earthquake and Earthquake is Earthquake: strong stab attack. Scarf Landorus-T is most of the time my lead: starting out with one of the glue or core pokemon is almost always a worse idea, and a quick u-turn to a better matchup gets you the momentum early game. Also Scarf Lando-T isn’t always expected so it might get an early advantageous surprise kill. (I wrote this up in August, Scarf Lando-T is literally the most standard thing rn)

Mega Manectric

The Machine (
) (F) @ Manectite
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bzzzzz. ELECTRIC DOG coming through. While Mega Manectric was one of the latest additions, I can't imagine this team's success without it. After getting rid of M-Absol I tried a lot of mons. Mega Manectric was one of the best, but I changed it to Taunt Thundurus after losing to stall a lot. After fixing the stall weakness I didn't have a Mega so I quickly changed back. Mega Manectric was meant to be the late game sweeper but it fulfills other roles as well. Although it doesn't have priority, it's still better than Absol cuz most opposing priority mons resisted my priority (Azu, M-Maw, Bish) and it hardly put a dent in bulky scarfers like Lando-T and Garchomp. When MegaLuke got banned Tornadus-T got pretty worthless (stall was nowhere at the time) so I used Thundurus to have a Mega Pinsir check and Talonflame check, but taking >50% of +2 quick attack/ return and cb brave bird wasnt ideal. Also it was piss weak w/o LO so I needed something else. Eventually I ended up with a Mega Manectric team that could break Stall (quite easy actually) and even without priority it outclasses Mega Absol. It has better coverage, is faster and it has the ever so handy Voly Switch. Switching out with a moderately strong attack is great. Intimidate is cool when you get a free switch in into Mawile or Azu. Hp Ice is good against Dragons and Ground types, Thunderbolt is there if you dont wanna switch out or late-game and Overheat because Flamethrower is weak and this does good damage against Mega Venu too. Max speed Timid speed ties Mega Pinsir in non-Mega but the main reason remains to M-Evolve without fear against Garchomp and Landorus. Due to Mega Absol experience I know that evolving with a slow poke is a pain. 135 base speed is also a godsend against HO to check Greninja, Thundurus and annoying fast mons like Tornadus-T. Overall Manectric is an amazing Mega, better than some that are OU, and it outclasses Raikou completely (except if you’re using CM) and yea it is OU now actually.

See this shit right here? Take notes kids. This core is really fucking solid: it's like the famous Celetran core, but sooo much better: simply because Chesnaught is physically defensive and Heatran specially defensive. Only 2 types out of 18 hit them both neutral at worst: Fighting (except if your name is Terrakion Chesnaught doesnt give a fuck) and Ghost (aegi +sludge wave less gengar get walled anyway) so only strong wallbreakers can break through.

”I know because I built it. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would.”

Mr. Finch (
) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Like balance wouldnt use Heatran lol. As Stathakis mentioned in the threatlist of Cased's RMT: "or switch in heatran it deals with pretty much everything lmao" And how true it is. Not only does Heatran wall a fair portion of the metagame, it is very tough to switch into as well. Nothing offensively likes taking a burn and defensive sitting ducks get roared. Heatran is irreplaceable. It's strong and fast for a defensive pokemon, has a great movepool, is my Stealth Rok setter, has an incredible typing and a great ability. It's typing give it an immunity to 2 of the 3 frequent statuses as well (though suicune is absorber). Lava Plume + WoW = burns everywhere. this makes it actually quite hard to switch in. There is no reason at all not to use Lava Plume btw, burn + burn doesnt interfere at all and Flamethrower has only 5 base attack more lol. Heatran is part of the hazard + roar combo, which can be quite devastating.

“Fusco is like a fungus. Can’t get rid of ‘em”

Fusco (
) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Hammer Arm

Oh boy where do I start. Back in the MegaKazam forme (MegaLuke meta), after just playing a couple of games, I thought in myself: "Damn, finally a good starter that'll be OU." Turns out I was right, but not the right starter! Tbh I feel that just proves that everyone is using Stall/HO rather than balanced. Not that I care. Chesnaught deals with Sand teams nicely, walls Kabutops completely and pretty much everything Physical that doesn't have a STAB SE move (M-Maw, Azu, Birds, Zard X) or is stupidly powerful (Tbh this is just CB Terrak). But ofc Chesnaught is in the team for Spikes: my fav all time move. Spikes can be used on any archetype, but this is def my fav kind of team this gen. Why? Simple. Whenever I play Deo HO I never seem to keep my hazards all game. Stall is too passive and can't cover everything + spikes is unnecessary on it this gen. In this team neither, but I can just set them up again :). Synthesis is a nice reovery method and it frees up another move slot as well. Hammer Arm is the STAB move of choice, hitting what it walls hard enough and generally doing good damage to non- resisting switch ins. Roar is here to deal with dangerous set-up sweepers that could use Chesnaught as set up bait and generally screwing switch ins when hazards are up. It slightly remedies one of Chesnaught's biggest flaws: a lot of troublesome mons dont have any trouble switching in, for example Mega Gardevoir, Landorus-I, Thundurus, Tornadus, Latios. It's cool to predict Defog mons as well and let them take extra hazard damage. Works well against Stall especially. Feel free to use Leech Seed as it does weaken those switches as well, but without Spiky Shield it's meh (>xU) at best and I really don't have place for Spiky Shield + it's a lost turn if the opp switches on Spiky Shield and Chesnaught is already pressed for turns. Shoutout to ZoroDark for the moveset + EVs (I have no clue what they do) even though he says it's garbage.

... Unfortunately there are a lot of wallbreakers! Chesnaught + Heatran sadly gets beat a lot more than I’m willing to admit lol. But with the right glues (Bulky Water pokemon + Hazard control + Fighting resist) you’re gonna have a lot of success with it.

Reese: “Nice dog...Belgian Malinois”
Byron: What? Something funny?
Reese: The funny thing is, those dogs, they only follow Dutch commands, and I'm guessing you don't speak Dutch.

Bear (
) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune is like Jesus, but better, because: It. Doesn't. Fucking. Die. Even if you need to preserve Suicune for CM Magic Guard Clef in the back, you can still switch this into Specs Keldeo, Landorus-T and Azumarill without any fear at all. This was the latest addition of the team, shoutout to Finchinator for the idea. He was talking about how SoulWind was still great in XY OU and always used CM Clef/Suicune. When I read Suicune, I knew everything would fit together pefectly. Suicune can basically solo stall teams thanks to the combination of Pressure, Scald burns and decent power, so I didn't need to worry about that. It's my status absorber as well and also a reliable Azumarill switch in and judging from the damage I can also figure out its set. It completes the FWG core. There isn't much else to say about Suicune because it does pretty much everything you need it to do. It spreads burns, checks crazy powerful like M-Mawile and Lando-I as long as you don't switch it in, it outstalls CM Clef,.. It’s also your win condition 90% of the time lol. Once I swept a team that had a Thundurus, a Latios and a Zard Y left. The only thing that can beat a CM Suicune are crits. They're gay and gamechanging :(. Overall Suicune stops a lot of dangerous pokemon dead in their tracks and it completely kills stall, what's there not to love? Also shoutout for completely wrecking Rain on its own.

”But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*.”

Mr. Reese (
) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew n_n. I really love this mon, it’s so creative and that’s exactly what gr8astard or whoever from Team East showed when he created this set. Anyway, onto the set. If you took a look at the team, it really had problems with special attackers. Greninja, Deoxys-S (banned rip) Thundurus and Latios w/ Surf or EQ really gave this team a tough time. Those were pretty bad to deal with, but when the 3 Megas got popular after Aegislash ban on Smogon (you know which ones im talking about) I just needed a check. Mew can take on Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir (kinda). Also Mew is just a fucking monster to switch into. The only things that really wanna switch in are Charizard formes and Gliscor. Everything else risks getting crippled /severely/. I really like Wisp too, doesn’t allow Landorus-T to go all U-Turn on this team or Mega-Mawile to SD etc. Ok so here I get to the part you’re probably wondering (read: upset) about: using a Defogger on a SpikeStack team. What the hell is wrong with me, right? Well, a Defogger is far from terrible cuz this is a bulky team and SR really hampers longlivety. It’s actually really good if you dont play dumb. If there’s SR + 3 layers on my opp’s side and only SR on my side I’m probably not gonna Defog! But if I’m facing Deo-D offense (rip got banned) then I’ll really need the Defog. It just depends on the condition of the game. I really dislike not having Taunt, but Defog just is necessary. Playing without it is impossible: your walls die and your VoltTurn gets worn down. I’ve tried playing without Knock Off and Willo respectively, and let’s just say it didnt end very well lmao. If you suspect your opponent bringing stall and you’re really worried about it, just use Latios. But the point of this team is bringing a team that doesn’t care about matchup, so you’ll probably be fine without it too! Honestly playing a Mew without Taunt just means you’re gonna have to be more careful around status introducing mons, and you can even bluff having Taunt for a while! Mew is just really cool and overall the superior option after some metagame shifts.

Mr. Reese (
) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios is very much like the person he's named after: always in a suit, fast, strong: dangerous. It’s a pretty great pokemon. It’s a vital pokemon checking Belly Drum Azumarill, Thundurus, Knock Off-less Landorus, etc. The cool thing is though that it can do these things while being really dangerous at the same time. Latios might not be that bad to face because you have your Heatran or Aegislash, but there’s the fun part: they dont have reliable recovery. Coupled with Spikes and a solid 25-30% when they switch in, they obviously won’t last long. Defog bcuz it’s necessary (read Mew’s description). Roost is cool for staying alive, and it might not always be expected on Latios so there’s that. Latios is also really fucking dangerous for Stall: Chansey and Heatran get worn down easily, SpDef Gliscor and Skarmory take a shitton of damage... There are other good checks, but when your walls aren’t in good health, Latios will tear you apart. You could also use Latias to take on Thundurus better, but I’ve always preferred the extra power.

Goodbye~ In all honesty I’m glad that I finally posted this RMT because I’ve been johning it for a while lol. I always thought this team was cool because it only used 2 OU pokemons at the time, and even a NU mon! But tier changes are gay. It’s also funny how people have finally noticed how good Suicune, Scarf Lando-T and just Balance overall is just when I feel it has significantly worsened by all the new common threats. I guess I’m just an innovator n_n. Thanks for reading!

The Machine (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 236 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Fusco (Chesnaught) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Hammer Arm

Mr. Finch (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Mr. Reese (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

The Machine (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bear (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-20099

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-18893 (vs Hantsuki)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-19998

ShowMeTheMankey: being my doge friend and this team is full of doge woof :]

Case: ur forum name is autistic

bugzinator: seperate u scottish cunt IMPORTANT EDIT: lol

Draciel: cool MODERATOR :] i should join whatsapp group yn

Finchinator: being a good fren :] but srsly stop calling this stall it’s balance u dipshit

Proof: MRW LU -> UU: Machamp

Insane Soul /Pedro: for beating this team without using leech seed celebi and taunt infernape! .saltE

Zamrock: good player and thx for testing teams :]

meeps: xD, good UU player and dog!!1

@Withoutatrace: We rly should meet up ever :0

Raducan: always nice talking to you bud

Navz: teambuilder fren :) also respect that you quit mons, it’s p hard and you used to always play it, even when u had exams...

@xtrashine: loool i should h8 u but ur just so weird and funnE,,,

@-SnowCristal: =)

Meh: xD

Yagura: old tutee and fren who is good in LC!

Anti: gr8 player, i should listen to you more!

@ASH_CHAMPION /Meh: >xU also ST friend :)

Z+V: ST friend :D. Let’s kick ass tonight

Lord Emvee: dash space lord

Duncajuwon: thx for being active in #Bisharps! also you make a really good Shuckle

DracoNinja: ^ and girl 0_0
TGMD: aussie aussie oi oi
Rest of Bisharps: lgi boys we can this

Team Europe and EU: next year we gonna rek! Also Tomahawk pls dont let Zoro start anymore n_n

People that used this team in POT: ZoroDark, puregenius, sulcata, Yagura

Rage Channel.: always cool hanging out here

Grand Slam shoutouts: Yagura ZoroDark meeps Versace Python Cased Molk Hot N Cold Raducan for giving me teams, wouldnt have gotten so far (to choke) without you!

praj.pran for predicting for me, i always appreciate that kinda shit :]

Last edited:
The first rate is always the hardest...
So I see your using a version of a pretty cool UU core I use (Sdef Arcanine + Chesnaught) Heatran does have rocks though and the steel typing...and no rocks weakness. Seems like double or even triple doge teams are the way forward with only bisharp threatening them but LO recoil + your chesnaught handles bish well. Oh sidenote, The music was a nice addition. Though I've never really made it too high on the ladder because I lack the conviction anyway here are some thoughts about your team.

One threat that is noticeable mainly because I've just started using it since 5th gen is Rock polish Earth Power, Psychic, Focus blast/Sludge Wave/Hp Ice Lando I. Even just its standard 4 attacks set without the speed boost does damage to your team if manectric is worn down and lando t scarf comes off. 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Suicune doesn't like earth powers either and If scald fails to burn then your left with a broken team that relies on your fast dogs to potentially clean up. And any scarfed pokemon will counter your lando as his base speed is quite low. However It's not the be all and end all, just hard to switch into and make sure you don't lose your scarf, though seeing as your peaked #1 you probably figured this out already.

It's fair to say that double doge handle OU quite well right now offering a nice balanced VoltTurn core and hitting on both sides. Mega Venusaur too poses a defensive threat to your team, and a good player (like the ones you probably face) will do well to not allow mew to get a burn on it. It gets many free synthesises and or hits off on your team.

To be honest only defensive pokes hinder your teams ability to beat another team well. But for the sake of giving a good rate: Char Y > Wrecks team if Manectric/Lando are not already switched in. And Bulky Will O Wisp X neuters chesnaught, + with EQ (non will o sets) it can beat suicune 1 v 1 with DD roost. Early game scouting for EQs or Dclaws and roost is key to playing around Char X.

So...your team handles individual mons well, but I'd love to see replays against hyper offense as I can see screen support neutralising ScarfLando's potency especially with a CM Latios who only Heatran can deal with...forcing easy switches for HO to capitalise upon.

Overall not much to say that isn't already covered by your teams al round synergy except I hope someone finds a 2 mon core that shuts down double doge for good as I'm sick of seeing it everywhere in the hands of people that don't use it well.

Congrats on peak.

~AM

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations on your success, Metalgro$$. Very cool team; the only change I would consider is to try Taunt over Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. Lava Plume already spreads burn and Taunt allows you to beat cm clefable pretty much unquestionably, which has the potential to be a pretty big threat, especially unaware versions as you stated.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a really good team, no doubt :] You've done a superb job MetalGro$$, props on that. Although it isn't very common, Jolly DD Mega Charizard X has the potential to 6-0 your team as it sets up on Mew and Suicune, and once Heatran is worn down, it OHKO's every single member of your team. This problem can be easily patched up by running Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. This also lets you handle Bulk Up Talonflame much better, which is quite the threat to your team as it is atm. I know this leaves you more open it Azumarill, but Suicune already does a good job at nuetering that, so I don't think it's that much of a problem. I would also run enough Speed to outrun most Mega Venusaur, but that's just my personal prefernce. Other than that, Life Orb Gengar with Focus Blast and Knock Off Landorus come to mind as threats, as they basically get a kill once they come in. I don't really know how to patch this up, becuase barring stuff like Shadow Ball Blissey (lol ik) there's not really anything that handles them. I guess resorting to revengekilling is okay though, seeing as how they have a hard time coming in due to fraility. That's really all I have to come with, this is a really unique and cool team :] Congratz on your success.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey MetalGro$$ cool team! Not really much to rate just wanted to say I second the suggestion of TheEnder Heatran change. You don't really need wisp for opposing Bisharp as you have Chesnaught and Azumarill is handled by Mew/Suicune's scald. Toxic Heatran definitely helps with the Mega Charizard-X weakness. Cool team man :]

The first rate is always the hardest...
So I see your using a version of a pretty cool UU core I use (Sdef Arcanine + Chesnaught) Heatran does have rocks though and the steel typing...and no rocks weakness. Seems like double or even triple doge teams are the way forward with only bisharp threatening them but LO recoil + your chesnaught handles bish well. Oh sidenote, The music was a nice addition. Though I've never really made it too high on the ladder because I lack the conviction anyway here are some thoughts about your team.

One threat that is noticeable mainly because I've just started using it since 5th gen is Rock polish Earth Power, Psychic, Focus blast/Sludge Wave/Hp Ice Lando I. Even just its standard 4 attacks set without the speed boost does damage to your team if manectric is worn down and lando t scarf comes off. 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Suicune doesn't like earth powers either and If scald fails to burn then your left with a broken team that relies on your fast dogs to potentially clean up. And any scarfed pokemon will counter your lando as his base speed is quite low. However It's not the be all and end all, just hard to switch into and make sure you don't lose your scarf, though seeing as your peaked #1 you probably figured this out already.

It's fair to say that double doge handle OU quite well right now offering a nice balanced VoltTurn core and hitting on both sides. Mega Venusaur too poses a defensive threat to your team, and a good player (like the ones you probably face) will do well to not allow mew to get a burn on it. It gets many free synthesises and or hits off on your team.

To be honest only defensive pokes hinder your teams ability to beat another team well. But for the sake of giving a good rate: Char Y > Wrecks team if Manectric/Lando are not already switched in. And Bulky Will O Wisp X neuters chesnaught, + with EQ (non will o sets) it can beat suicune 1 v 1 with DD roost. Early game scouting for EQs or Dclaws and roost is key to playing around Char X.

So...your team handles individual mons well, but I'd love to see replays against hyper offense as I can see screen support neutralising ScarfLando's potency especially with a CM Latios who only Heatran can deal with...forcing easy switches for HO to capitalise upon.

Overall not much to say that isn't already covered by your teams al round synergy except I hope someone finds a 2 mon core that shuts down double doge for good as I'm sick of seeing it everywhere in the hands of people that don't use it well.

Congrats on peak.

~AM
Thanks for the rate! Honestly I don't like it when people put music in their RMTs, but I thought others might so thanks for proving that point haha. Krewella is a good band :]. About M-Venu: Normally they always carry Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb, and most of the time HP Fire or EQ along with it. I'll go to Chesnaught first most of the time, because M-Venu is usually offensive with HP Fire, and then scout the HP Fire with Heatran! If they switch out I'll scout for EQ with Heatran next time. So either Chesnaught or Heatran walls it, and Mew does as well so not too much of a thread imo. But thanks a lot, I just remembered the 20 SDef EVs on Chesnaught are there to avoid the 2HKO by Offensive M-Venu HP Fire n_n. Scouting is key for Zard X. Jolly DD 3 attacks is probably the most dangerous, but that dies rather quickly so I'm fine most of the time. Bulky DD Roost is… trouble. Mostly I gotta scout for EQ or Flare Blitz/Fire Punch as last move, and if it's a Fire move Heatran needs to stay in good health. Using Toxic on Heatran will smoothen that down a little hopefully. Honestly I've never seen a CM Latios so I can't comment on that haha, but I guess Heatran, Mew and Lando-T would do fine.
Not sure about a 2 mon core, but something like Rocky Helmet Lando-T + Gastrodon should do fine, or just Quagsire alone.

Congratulations on your success, Metalgro$$. Very cool team; the only change I would consider is to try Taunt over Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. Lava Plume already spreads burn and Taunt allows you to beat cm clefable pretty much unquestionably, which has the potential to be a pretty big threat, especially unaware versions as you stated.
Hey MetalGro$$ cool team! Not really much to rate just wanted to say I second the suggestion of TheEnder Heatran change. You don't really need wisp for opposing Bisharp as you have Chesnaught and Azumarill is handled by Mew/Suicune's scald. Toxic Heatran definitely helps with the Mega Charizard-X weakness. Cool team man :]
First of all about Wisp: I used that mostly because of Mawile, but that got banned a long time ago, and it did residual damage just like Toxic, so I let it stay. Now after the huge metagame shift, I realize I need to use another move. Taunt could help on unaware CM Clef, who I really can't beat in a clear way otherwise, but seeing how Zard X + stuff like Mew is a lot more common than CM Unaware Clef, I'm probably gonna go with Toxic. Thanks for the rate both of you!

This is a really good team, no doubt :] You've done a superb job MetalGro$$, props on that. Although it isn't very common, Jolly DD Mega Charizard X has the potential to 6-0 your team as it sets up on Mew and Suicune, and once Heatran is worn down, it OHKO's every single member of your team. This problem can be easily patched up by running Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. This also lets you handle Bulk Up Talonflame much better, which is quite the threat to your team as it is atm. I know this leaves you more open it Azumarill, but Suicune already does a good job at nuetering that, so I don't think it's that much of a problem. I would also run enough Speed to outrun most Mega Venusaur, but that's just my personal prefernce. Other than that, Life Orb Gengar with Focus Blast and Knock Off Landorus come to mind as threats, as they basically get a kill once they come in. I don't really know how to patch this up, becuase barring stuff like Shadow Ball Blissey (lol ik) there's not really anything that handles them. I guess resorting to revengekilling is okay though, seeing as how they have a hard time coming in due to fraility. That's really all I have to come with, this is a really unique and cool team :] Congratz on your success.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
Yeah Toxic is a great suggestion, def gonna use it :]. I don't feel the need to outspeed Venusaur, but maybe I can shift some EVs into Defense to neuter the threat of Talonflame and Zard X a little. Also, with Mew > Latios, Zard Y is a big threat as well. Not like that change mattered a lot in the end, because almost every Zard Y team is Pursuit trapper + Zard Y. My best way to deal with that thing is to predict Fire Blast on Heatran and then go to Lando-T on Focus Blast, or stall out Fire Blast with Mew. LO Gengar is fine as long as they don't have Sludge Wave, thanks to Chesnaught's wonderful ability. Seriously why make/use a move with only 5% higher BP and less chance for bullshit? Knock Off Landorus is always gonna be trouble, I guess Suicune and Mew don't do so bad against it.
It's also one of the reasons I like Knock Off on Lando-T (actually Gengar is one as well n_n) so you can Knock Off its Life Orb, and it's not even half as threatening then. Thanks for the rate!

Also thanks to everyone for the likes and the kind words! I really appreciate it.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, but i don't see how Unaware CM Clefable is a problem when Roar Heatran takes care of it. It either has Moonlight, which is very easy to pp stall, or Wish, which is interrupted by Roar. I guess that if you need Heatran for something else too then Clefable might end up being troubling, but that's not too big of a weakness and can be said for many other Pokemon.

A cool option I could think of is running Hidden Power Ice on you Landorous T. This allows you to beat Landos most common counters, Gliscor and other Landos. Other than that, amazing team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)