NOC The Mafia Invitational (Game Thread) [D2 Deadline: Friday, March 2nd, 6 PM EST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Vig isn't really +town EV, it's more +swing. They can hurt town almost as much as they can help. Also, gunsmith gets a false guilty on the vig which outs itself. Ascetic isn't +town EV in any way, its neg utility (of course this changes when it becomes an IC because you know the setup), and of course Tracker is Tracker but only works on 1/3 scum until you lynch them and so on. FV is close to 0 ev either way, yea. I don't really consider it townsided, but I don't love the setup. Fun fact: scum won this setup last time. I was scum.
this setup isn’t appropriate for an “invitational of smogon best”

it’s townsided AF. We don’t have a roleblocker mind you.

If town plays their power roles optimally, scum have no counterplay at all 100%.

And I don’t want to play scum again, this drained all my scum power energy

I was lock town by everyone yesterday
you were firmly null for me :^)

anyway as I said on discord I probably would've out'd this game if it hadn't started without warning since NOC eats up a lot of time for me and it's hard to find motivation so it's unlikely I join any followup game

it was fun while it lasted

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
sup i didn't read anything

formerhope dying is lol, did he soft a PR or something?

You guys didn't listen to me and lynched Knights and I was hella mad

Turbo lynch walrein today, never seen him gone for essentially 48 hours in a game before.
you should uh

probably read the last 2 pages or so

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
sup i didn't read anything

formerhope dying is lol, did he soft a PR or something?

You guys didn't listen to me and lynched Knights and I was hella mad

Turbo lynch walrein today, never seen him gone for essentially 48 hours in a game before.
the game ended cos Texas reused an old setup that josh was in, so josh knew all the prs alignments

Welcome to the party

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
just btw, texas pmed me a few hours ago wanting advice and i didn't really know what to say, i felt as if subbing josh would have been the right move had it happened earlier but it was too late for that now, and i dont really like the setup stuff from josh because its supposed to be a closed setup, nonetheless it does seem silly to use a setup that josh had played before with texas

ah i see

yeah i'm down for round 2, was fun playing with you guys. Sorry if I'm kind of spammy.

#PostGameWarrior I was telling texas that walrein/yeti/Metal Sonic were all weird af, but I probably wouldn't have pushed on Metal Sonic without a check this phase

ah i see

yeah i'm down for round 2, was fun playing with you guys. Sorry if I'm kind of spammy.

#PostGameWarrior I was telling texas that walrein/yeti/Metal Sonic were all weird af, but I probably wouldn't have pushed on Metal Sonic without a check this phase
disappointed that your earlier posts weren't you just feigning dumb for lulz

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
just btw, texas pmed me a few hours ago wanting advice and i didn't really know what to say, i felt as if subbing josh would have been the right move had it happened earlier but it was too late for that now, and i dont really like the setup stuff from josh because its supposed to be a closed setup, nonetheless it does seem silly to use a setup that josh had played before with texas
Okay, so from my POV what was I supposed to do? I made him aware I knew the setup before I did anything about it.

pleasure playing with you

same goes for Josh, both solid players imo
I enjoyed playing with you a lot too. I'll /in with you on mu sometime. You're solid.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes i definitely screwed up with the setup choice. Went looking for something I thought would fit well and got fuzzy feelings when I found it, didn't make the connection to a game Josh had been in. Didn't make the connection that I had been in that game too either. Just saw one that I thought would be a great combination of interesting role interplay and room for skillful scumhunting.

With respect to a force sub that was a situation I wanted to avoid and had hoped I could maneuver it to push Josh away from using the meta dive as ig knowledge. Naive of me I suppose. Was a bit tenuous too with the quickly dwindling sub list minus blazade and hawkie.

At the time Josh informed me he "lol I think I found your setup" vis a vis the logs I posted it was into D1 as the gunsmith roll/ascetic claim pushed that direction. At that time I choose to go with the cncnd route instead of immediately going for a forced substitution, again reference to the logs conversation.

As far as his actions the only thing I think Josh specifically did wrong was going and looking for comparable setups for a closed game, completely contradicts the purpose. Nothing beyond that is specifically at fault.

Josh I'm pissed at you for going out of your way to break the game I put a lot of time and effort into and that's why there's a consideration to blacklist. Setting that aside nothing has changed between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)