NOC The Mafia Invitational [Setup phase] (Co-hosted by Texas Cloverleaf and Shade)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i just thought it was interesting that a user who has won 0 NOC games on the smogon.com forums was guaranteed an invite over people who actually play on this forum

no h8 tho
Really cause it sounds like quite a bit of hate to me. If you have a problem with who the mods and I came up with feel free not to participate

Shockingly wins aren't the only thing that matters

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i said jalmont in. shade knows best

i didnt think u were confirmed in texas btw so i never said: i never agreed to take up full hosting duties i was just cohosting because you needed one & it is not a good idea. ive neverp layed or hosted a noc in my life

dont need to get so upset my guy. youre the one getting defensive and tagging me on discord trying to argue with me or something about a single comment i made lol

it's your game and you are perfectly within your right to do whatever you want with it. i am also free to sit here and critique your participant list.

if wins aren't the only thing that matters then some of the omissions on your list are even more delusional. oh well.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i said jalmont in. shade knows best

i didnt think u were confirmed in texas btw so i never said: i never agreed to take up full hosting duties i was just cohosting because you needed one & it is not a good idea. ive neverp layed or hosted a noc in my life
I'm confirmed in as far as willing to play which is what the markers currently represent, rather than confirmed in into whatever setup is finalized. That would be yet to be determined by the playerbase.

I also haven't asked you to take up full hosting duties. I've posted about it in the thread, but we can clarify precisely what I envision on discord if you like.

dont need to get so upset my guy. youre the one getting defensive and tagging me on discord trying to argue with me or something about a single comment i made lol

it's your game and you are perfectly within your right to do whatever you want with it. i am also free to sit here and critique your participant list.

if wins aren't the only thing that matters then some of the omissions on your list are even more delusional. oh well.
I don't know what you're seeing happen here but this is some serious misrepresentation. You posted on discord saying you were snubbed, despite being on the list of players, something that appeared as if you didn't see your name on the list, and something that I reached out to you to clarify. Then you came into the thread and whined some more.

You might have the right to critique a game but you do not have the right to be rude about it without getting called out. But please, tell me more about how delusional I am.

And I would think that it's pretty obvious that wins don't only matter when otherwise a really strong town player who gets night killed n1 and n2 consistently is worse then a bad townie who consistently gets carried to end game and then randomly votes the right way in LYLO by completely misreading the game

Last edited:
I don't know what you're seeing happen here but this is some serious misrepresentation. You posted on discord saying you were snubbed, despite being on the list of players, something that appeared as if you didn't see your name on the list, and something that I reached out to you to clarify. Then you came into the thread and whined some more.
It seems to be pretty obvious to a lot of other people (although that's not even all that I think there's an issue with, although certainly that is the most confusing omission).

You might have the right to critique a game but you do not have the right to be rude about it without getting called out. But please, tell me more about how delusional I am.
I don't think I'm being rude. Although I guess I am being pretty passive aggressive. Sorry.

And I would think that it's pretty obvious that wins don't only matter when otherwise a really strong town player who gets night killed n1 and n2 consistently is worse then a bad townie who consistently gets carried to end game and then randomly votes the right way in LYLO by completely misreading the game
hopefully that stops happening to me then !

Texas Cloverleaf

It seems to be pretty obvious to a lot of other people (although that's not even all that I think there's an issue with, although certainly that is the most confusing omission).

I don't think I'm being rude. Although I guess I am being pretty passive aggressive. Sorry.

hopefully that stops happening to me then !
Look mate if you have some issues you're not happy with come out and say them clearly to me, I can't address them or walk through them if I don't know exactly what you're having a problem with.

Especially if I don't even know why you think there's such an issue, there were zero problems moving through game proposals so I know at least one group of people who didn't have any issues at all.

This feels like it's all rooted in misunderstanding, at least in part about what the core group vs the secondary group are meant to represent so please tell me exactly what you have a problem with and give me the chance to clarify and explain.

Texas Cloverleaf

Hashed it out on discord, clarified list representation, all good now

In other news my current consideration is getting a mod I've played under on mafiascum to design a closed setup for this game, she always has cool stuff to play in

Texas Cloverleaf

Alright so as things stand I have 13 confirms, 3 tbd, and 3 no response so I'll be looking to move forward with a 13 player set up unless all the tbds/non responders confirm IN

Texas Cloverleaf

As for other aspects of the setup I'm thinking of going with one week for day phases and two days for the night phases.

Yes this is very long. No it shouldn't be a problem.

I figure the players involved will be good enough to make use of the time if needed. If not needed, the hammer mechanic will be in place to end the day early, and there shouldn't be any idlers to cause issues of such

Texas Cloverleaf

We can do shorter if y'all want

In my experience with two week long day cycles they usually end by hammer after 4-6 on average

Nights get scaled shorter too if we shorten days but o don't know that I'd want to go much shorter than 36h

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)