ORAS OU the magic pork chop men (Peak #4 - 1859 and goin up)

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Greetings fellow human. I am pork chop man and I am fighting the anti meat from humanity and save the whole entire world. But the real world is too strong for me so I have resorted to pokemon. It has been successful so far. This is my first RMT and this was made with Mega Magic Bounce, so huge shouts to him as we goin up eh. And idk how to make my RMT look nice so I hope I just make you hungry.

OVERVIEW

So basically the team is based around mega scizor and manaphy, two hella good mons that can clean house.

IN-DEPTH

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off / Bug Bite / Superpower

Now, we can't lie that Mega Scizor is just a beast. It's almost like an offensive skarmory. I decided to use scizor here because it is a good cleaner and one swords dance could mean a crippled team for the opponent. I decided to run 56 speed so I could outspeed standard azus. Most people would run bug bite or superpower over knock off and roost but I prefer the health back and knock off helps better off than the others. However, one could run superpower or bug bite as they are viable as well instead of knock off.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Ahh mayne, Manaphy. This thing is a threat to all threats, it just loves to kill. I decided manaphy for the second slot because it gets almost perfect coverage alongside mega scizor. It counters heatran, which otherwise seriously threatens scizor. Also, rain dance + tail glow makes it a perfect stallbreaker. Basically, you just don't underestimate this adorable pokemon, as it will just eat you like pork chops for dinner.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Right now, this team looks pretty weak to raikou and mega manectric. We needed a pokemon that can outrun and defeat both, so we decided on choice scarf lando-t. It forces out the previously mentioned mons and can u-turn on the switch, making it function as a great pivot, and also helps us beat threatening flying types harmful to the team.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

This revenge killer is destruction and if you play your cards wrong you can get hit really badly. This thing packs a ton of punch, and can two hit a lot of pokemon after rocks. This also can weaken those pesky grass types / poison types that can mess with the team. Substitute is there for bisharps in case they want to sucker punch, and it's also there just for the extra kills if I can reach for them. Focus Blast is definitely good for heatran, ferrothorn, and tyranitar as they usually switch in on it off-guard mid game. Overall, this thing is a serial killer out for revenge.

Serperior @ Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Taunt / Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With serperior's hidden ability contrary finally released, it is finally the monster that it always wanted to be. Contrary turns leaf storm into a free nasty plot, which is really threatening even with a seemingly weak base 75 spatk stat. Serperior has a very limited movepool, and HP fire and dragon pulse are 2 of the few options it gets. They respectively handle steel types barring heatran and the lati twins can also be ohko'd if the standard 252spe/252spatk set at +2. Expert belt was chosen over life orb for longevity. Serp is going to come in on rotom-w a lot throughout the battle and will likely get burned. Serp doesn't appreciate burn and LO damage stacking up. Substitute is what I use, but, you may use taunt or glare.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

I can't explain this monster. This is usually what we lead with, just a strong rocker. This is also a nice magnezone check mid game as it can predict a switch and dragon tail and do it's business. A banded talonflame will probably do more than it will to the garchomp if it does stay in until garchomp dies, which is unlikely. Dragon tail is for switching my opponents out and also for baton pass, fire blast is for ferrothorns which does a solid 63% or 50% at the most. Earthquake is obvious and vice versa. This thing is just a beast when you come through this. It can live a holy hell ton of things, and it's just the perfect pokemon we need for the last pokemon.

SUM REPLAYS

64-ish man tournament vs a12qsd: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-217628210
vs xtraDOLLARshine: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-218406851
vs Reverb: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-218568214
vs Max Rolls: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-217634966
n mega magic bounce couldnt find a replay soo heres a quick one he just did
mega magic bounce vs flarebot: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-218599990

IN CONCLUSION

Definitely one of the better teams I have created, I can see stall sometimes becoming a problem and bulky grass types becoming a problem. Tornadus-T is always hard to switch in to, but this is why this is here. Thank you for taking your time to read this, I do not know if I got my point straight across like I said this is my first RMT and I pretty much worked about three hours on this haha. Thanks for viewing once again, and if you have any suggestions, please leave comments, I will consider all of em. Thank you!

IMPORTABLE:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Serperior @ Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

96 speed garchomp for jolly sharp n loom
miracle seed on serperior, the only use ebelts doing is just making knock off bp stronger against u
icebeam>eball on manaphy to beat bulky grass like amoongus so u can pave path for serperior, (ya dont need 2 eball anyways if you have serp)

kewl team

96 speed garchomp for jolly sharp n loom
miracle seed on serperior, the only use ebelts doing is just making knock off bp stronger against u
icebeam>eball on manaphy to beat bulky grass like amoongus so u can pave path for serperior, (ya dont need 2 eball anyways if you have serp)

kewl team
I've been considering psychic over eball because mega venu and amoonguss give this team problems. I also thought about adding speed onto chomp but it's bulky enough to take a hit from bisharp and serperior can come in and take the spore from breloom. For ebelt on serp, i'll refer to these calcs:

+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 238-280 (79.5 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Expert Belt Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 286-336 (95.6 - 112.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 276-328 (78.4 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Expert Belt Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 331-394 (94 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

But yeah eball on manaphy is kinda redundant coverage, so i'm probably gonna change it to psychic, which most grass types such as venu, breloom, and amoong don't want to take a hit from. Ice beam hits lati on the switch, but we already have scizor to check (unless hp fire but then they lose to gengar because speed tier). Thanks for the input :)

Aye men v nice team. So powerful. So hunger.

Nah but really sweet team, man. Its very balanced and deals with a lot of current threats in the meta. I can only complain about the speed you chose for Mega Scizor. Not exactly sure why you would ever be worried about out speeding azumarill when your move of choice against it will always be bullet punch. (I know you know that's a priority move.) that being said, I actually think you would benefit more from outspeeding Smogon-standard specially defensive Heatran with 88 Speed EVs. (Bringing you to a speed of 208.) Nothing is more annoying than sweeping with Scizor and then not being able to continue your sweep because Heatran is faster than you.

That's really about it. Again, congrats on the team and the ladder rank.

Aye men v nice team. So powerful. So hunger.

Nah but really sweet team, man. Its very balanced and deals with a lot of current threats in the meta. I can only complain about the speed you chose for Mega Scizor. Not exactly sure why you would ever be worried about out speeding azumarill when your move of choice against it will always be bullet punch. (I know you know that's a priority move.) that being said, I actually think you would benefit more from outspeeding Smogon-standard specially defensive Heatran with 88 Speed EVs. (Bringing you to a speed of 208.) Nothing is more annoying than sweeping with Scizor and then not being able to continue your sweep because Heatran is faster than you.

That's really about it. Again, congrats on the team and the ladder rank.
A use for outspeeding azumarill is that scizor's bullet punch will go before azumarill's +6 aqua jet, which is extremely useful.

Reactions: zbr
Point taken. With the extra EVs I suggested he will be outspeeding both Azumarill and Heatran anyway.
No point in outrunning heatran unless scizor's using superpower. Even then, some heatrans run max speed and i wouldn't want to risk it unless i knew more about its spread. I'm most likely to just switch out.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's my 2 Cents on the team

Scizor: Set is fine

Manaphy: slash eball with ice beam for hitting lati@s and such

Landorus-T: Run 232 (or 224) speed 252 atk and 32 HP for slightly more bulk and having enough speed to do what you need to do. Slash Knock Off for Superpower and Explosion because they are also really viable options.

Gengar: Mention Eball & Dazzling gleam as other options over focus blast, but don't put them in the actual set. Slash sub with taunt for if the team has trouble with stall.

Serperior: Slash Giga Drain for healing off LO damage

Garchomp: Put toxic in the first slash as it is a tank/wall and toxic helps it wear down its checks and counters

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey

This team is pretty cool. RD Manaphy makes for a great partner to Serperior. I get that you have Substitute on Gengar probably to dodge Sucker Punch from Bisharp, but your team is very very weak to it. It sets up on Scizor without Superpower/Bug Bite, and does a ton of damage to the rest of your team. Even Chomp is outsped and loses its Rocky Helmet, which is the crux of the set, so you definitely don't want that. Opposing Gengar also look problematic. First thing I would do is run more bulk on Scizor. Running 180 SDef and 248 HP EVs make it so you will never be 2HKOed by LO Shadow Ball while at full health, while always KOing with Knock Off and doing around 70% with Bullet Punch. Next, I would 100% change Garchomp to 96 Speed. Your team absolutely needs to outspeed Bisharp with Garchomp, since it's your best check to it. I would definitely change Serperior to LO with Giga Drain in the fourth slot. You talk about how you have Expert Belt because you often get burned and don't want to take extra damage, but then you go and use Substitute with no recovery item. That just seems counter-intuitive to me. Giga Drain will solve the issue of no recovery while also allowing you to run Life Orb for the power that Serperior so desperately needs (for example you can't break through Unaware Clef without Life Orb).

But yeah, pretty small changes in general, which speaks to how solid this team is. Good luck, hope I was able to help.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You've literally got zero that can switch into Manectric. If it happens to catch your Landorus with a Hp Ice on a switch, not an unfathomable situation, you get your clock cleaned. It's common enough that I'd change one of your less valuable members to be able to deal with it a bit better.

Scotti

we back.
Hey amazing team. I tried it out and I really loved it. However, like all teams there is something that destroys you. Mega man, zard y, Banded Azumarill, bisharp and even opposing serperiors. I have been trying some changes out, that imo worked out great. However, it makes the team less offensive, but it worked out well imo. On mega scizor Defog > Swords Dance and Superpower > Knock Off. I would also change your spread to 252 hp | 200 def | 56 spe | Impish Nature. So let me explain what these changes do. The defog > sd change is a change I will elaborate later, because it makes no since at the moment. Superpower allows mega scizor to become an amazing bisharp counter. Bisharp is a huge threat to this team, as it damages your team heavily. Of course you have defensive chomp and manaphy, and sub serp, but it is very annoying. However if you are confident that you handle bisharp well, I also tried running sd over superpower, but I am very picky about how well certain do against teams, so I personally prefer superpower. The ev spread allows you to handle physical attacker like banded azu, excadrill, bisharp, and other physical attackers. On manaphy Ice Beam > Energy Ball. Serperior loves coming in on water types, because it can just put in work. So taking them out, keeps serperior from getting free switches. Ice Beam is also better, because this team has a lot of troubles with grass types, so Ice Beam helps a hell of a lot. The biggest change that I have made with this team, was running spdef stall breaking tflame over gengar. You can probably guess why I wanted you to run defog on mega scizor. Spdef tflame helps a hell of a lot. This team is very weak to lando-i, zard y, gengar, special mega alt, and opposing serperior. Spdef tflame makes a great check to all of those threats. Spdef stallbreaking tflame is also a great stallbreaker(obviously). Your team has an extremely hard time breaking goth stall, because gothitelle takes out manaphy, the top stall breaker on this team. By running tflame you have a back up stall breaker, that pretty much wins once gothitelle loses scarf or is taking out. I will post the set below.

sets

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

I hope I helped and remember these are only suggestions, that helped me when using this team :3

No point in outrunning heatran unless scizor's using superpower. Even then, some heatrans run max speed and i wouldn't want to risk it unless i knew more about its spread. I'm most likely to just switch out.
Not sure what you mean. M-Scizor is known for getting multiple SD boosts due to it's bulk and typing. Meaning if you're in a boosted attack range to kill Standard Specially Defensive Heatran with knock off, (You can usually determine the set during the match) there is a point in outspeeding it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)