The Makar Express

The Makar Express

This team belongs to TheMaykarLocomotive I Just made everything look pretty :). Battles with this team

Hermes

Crobat @Black sludge
Jolly|80 HP|252 Atk|176 Spe
-Taunt
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Brave bird

He is this team's MVP. He counters a plethora of threats that otherwise go unchecked (Celebi, Shaymin, Breloom, Infernape, etc.) and he has contributed to the team more than any other member. He keeps hazards away with taunt, scouts with u-turn, and hits a lot of things with a lot of damage using brave bird.

Makar

Gliscor @Leftovers
Impish|252 HP|40 Atk|216 Def
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Knock Off

One of the best physical walls in the game. He has the crucial role of getting rocks up, and he walls physical attackers as long as he darn well pleases. He almost never fails his job, barring extreme haxes.

Cushion

Snorlax @Leftovers
Careful|252 HP|172 Atk|84 SpDef
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Whirlwind
-Body Slam

He does exactly as his name suggests: absorb hits that no one else wants to. He has so much attack investment so that he can properly counter the likes of Zapdos, Togekiss, and other bulky special sweepers. With the SpDef shown, he is somewhere in the 6hko range of Zapdos' thunderbolt, and isn't always 2hkoed by Life Orb Gengar's focus blast.

Julius

Infernape @Life orb
Naive|88 Atk|228 SpAtk|192 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass knot
-HP Electric

He functions mainly as a special attacker, but his close combats can hurt pretty badly. HP electric is for Gyarados or any other flying-types that resist his STABs. Breaks stall and kills scizor when he's needed to do so.

AttaGirl

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold|Own Tempo|252 HP|144 Def|80 SpAtk|32 SpDef
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Slack off
-Toxic

She's on this team for her near-flawless synergy with Gliscor and Snorlax, and the three of them form quite a formidable core of walls. Toxic allows her to counter Vaporeon, a trait that makes her unique for this team. Own tempo can be a godsend for switching into Machamp's dynamicpunches. The main gyarados coutner on this team.

Vladmir

Nidoking @Choice scarf
Modest|24 HP|252 SpAtk|232 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Earth power
-Ice Beam

I bet you didn't see this coming! Boasting the best special movepool in the game of any viable option (Fire, Ice, Electric, Ground), Nidoking can cover more than half of the metagame with super-effective damage. Unfortunately, his mediocre firepower prevents him from OHKOing bulky threats such as Zapdos, Togekiss, and Shaymin, but he doesn't fear any of those with his typing and the team behind him. He has been the 2nd most valuable player behind Crobat, punctuated by a stunning comeback to emerge victorious from a 4-1 rut.

Hidden Power Electric > Flamethrower
Surf > Psychic
Hidden Power Ice > Hidden Power electric
Scarftar > Scarf Nidoking

Changes Being Tested

Changes Being Made

Threat List

-Mix Nite
-Mix Ape
-Rotom In General
-DD Gyara
-Scarftar
-DD SHucaTar With Ice Punch (not to be specific or anything)

I feel i must also mention this team only lost 1 once on wifi TO HAX and once on PO to BKC again TO HAX

The main threat to this team is Dragon Dance Tyranitar - specifically the Shuca Berry set that carries Ice Punch. It'll set up vs. Crobat or a sleeping Snorlax and then it pretty much just outright beats you. MixNite is also dangerous - free switch vs. Gliscor, Infernape or Crobat and from there it can beat you down with its coverage and power, Roosting to heal LO damage whenever necessary.

I think the best move to fix these two weaknesses is to swap Gliscor for a specially defensive Hippowdon. It checks DD Tar more reliably than Glis, and it takes around 55% from MixNite's D-Meteor, meaning you essentially wall it from there on out.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers | Careful | EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Slack Off | Stone Edge

The last thing I'd like to nitpick is to run a standard CurseLax set over your phazer - it's really only good on hazard teams and seeing as this squad is only using SR, you're not using it to the fullest. The standard curser provides you with a solid end-game sweeper, albeit fairly helpless while asleep; but if you play correctly this shouldn't be a problem. Good team, good luck.

ps: i beat this team because its weak to dd tar and i had a dd tar, not because i haxed it :toast:

The main threat to this team is Dragon Dance Tyranitar - specifically the Shuca Berry set that carries Ice Punch. It'll set up vs. Crobat or a sleeping Snorlax and then it pretty much just outright beats you. MixNite is also dangerous - free switch vs. Gliscor, Infernape or Crobat and from there it can beat you down with its coverage and power, Roosting to heal LO damage whenever necessary.

I think the best move to fix these two weaknesses is to swap Gliscor for a specially defensive Hippowdon. It checks DD Tar more reliably than Glis, and it takes around 55% from MixNite's D-Meteor, meaning you essentially wall it from there on out.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers | Careful | EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Slack Off | Stone Edge

The last thing I'd like to nitpick is to run a standard CurseLax set over your phazer - it's really only good on hazard teams and seeing as this squad is only using SR, you're not using it to the fullest. The standard curser provides you with a solid end-game sweeper, albeit fairly helpless while asleep; but if you play correctly this shouldn't be a problem. Good team, good luck.

ps: i beat this team because its weak to dd tar and i had a dd tar, not because i haxed it :toast:
HAXORS!!! I COULDA WHIRLWINDED YOU!!!!!!!!!:pimp:

One last thing I forgot to mention - definitely use Surf over Psychic on Slowbro. Psychic is just begging Tyranitar to come in and leaves you walled by Heatran, who Bro is your main counter against. Toxic will still wear Machamp down so it's not a problem. gl

Hey DC, got your message, interesting team. I'm not actually sure how pressing some of your "threats" are. Scarftar only mode of inflicting serious pain is pursuiting slowbro for a good chunk of health- Gliscor walls him ceaselessly. I'm also pretty sure that Slowbro can handle most Infernape, as GK only does 58.9% - 69.5% to standard Slowbro. The other three are pressing threats, however, but ones easily fixed with some simple changes.

The first thing I might do would be to add a CM Suicune onto this team over Nidoking. I don't really understand why you would use a Nidoking when he's rather weak and generally non-threatening and not very fast for a scarfer. He can't really switch into any of the threats you need him to revenge (Infernape, Dragonite, Gyarados) directly due to bad typing. Meanwhile, Suicune handles all of these threats very well and helps take some pressure of Slowbro. This works conversely- because Slowbro is taking a lot of the threats that Suicune would normally have to stop, it could very well be at full health by the lategame, making it an incredibly dangerous late game sweeper.

I'd also switch Snorlax's set. Snorlax is a Pokemon more than capable of countering and/or trapping Rotom-a, but with your current set this obvious cannot happen. I'd try the standard CB set- this will allow you to switch into a Rotom and Pursuit it at little risk. Even if they use trick, congrats, they now have a CB Rotom. They'll either use trick again (dead) or try to switch out (dead). By removing Rotom very effectively you're also supporting the aforementioned Suicune. CB also helps a lot with Gengar, who previously set up on Gliscor and basically killed your entire team.

Otherwise a good team- I hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)