Cymbals (Ambipom) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Low Kick
- U-turn
My "lead". Cymbals just Fake Outs all the Pokmanz with her loud ass cymbals. But in reality, she isn't actually my true "lead", but people don't know that. However, I do switch into her on occasion to slap someone with a STAB Silk Scarf Technician Fake Out and Double Hit.

Drum Major (Zoroark) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Illusion
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace
My real lead. I just bring her in the front and put Ambipom in the back in team preview, and most people tend to think she's actually an Ambipom. Then I'll either just keep them thinking it's an Ambipom by U-Turn, or hit something hard with an Adamant STAB Banded Night Slash. What even fucks with peoples' minds even harder is that my Zoroark is indeed physical, not special, so that U-Turn will hit pretty hard, and they'll never know my Zoroark is physical and think even more so that this is indeed an Ambipom. Sucker Punch is a neat priority move and Aerial Ace is kind of a filler. Low Sweep might work in its place.
She's just one big mindfuck.

Clarinet (Sceptile) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
Basically the staple of my team, Clarinet is just ready to fuck shit up. I either switch into him with Dual Screens up or when I know I'll be hit by a weak or resisted move, then destroy something with a Modest STAB Spec'd Leaf Storm, which gets even further boosted once I fall in Overgrow range (usually from residual damage). If he dies, mid game gets a lot harder.

Sousaphone (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

That stature and belly looks like it'd belong to a sousa player, doesn't it? Originally a support set with Scald, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, and Roar, I switched to an Agility set to basically further increase my offensive momentum. His Steel makes him a neat pivot, especially if I predict a Toxic, and I just set up an Agility and fire off Hydro Pumps.

Quads (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break
- Fusion Bolt

Doesn't look like the best quad player, but that's alright. This spot was originally filled by an Adamant Flare Blitzing Entei, but the recoil was a bit annoying to deal with and it was even work when I had to switch out and in and Stealth Rocks and the like would just get annoying. So instead I just got something that's a bit similar to my Sceptile, only physical; a Banded V-creating Victini, doing loads of damage to anyone who wants to stay in. Then he has three other typed moves for neat coverage (four different types in total).

Auxillary (Claydol) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Earth Power
- Light Screen

As you can probably tell by the name, Auxillary is mostly just support, and is kind of not as important as the rest of the team, but still nonetheless makes a difference. I balanced out its defenses to be able to take all kinds of moves, and made it a Dual Screen set so my squishier Pokes (namely Clarinet the Sceptile) have an easier time switching in. Rapid Spin really eases the pressure in a lot of situations where the enemy sets up hazards on me, and Earth Power's there so I'm not completely screwed over by Taunt.

Strategy
This team mostly focuses around keeping offensive momentum. Because of this, it is crucial to first establish strong momentum and then keep it going.

Early Game
A big part of my early game is to get the momentum starting, and this is already being done in Team Preview. I carefully examine their team, and determine which Pokemon to start off with. Most of the time, I will have my Zoroark disguised as my Ambipom, but on some occasions I'll have my Zoroark disguised as others. For example, if I see they have a Chandelure, I'll have my Zoroark disguised as Victini so it'll look like I'm going for the V-create off the bat. However, what I'm really doing is going for the Night Slash so I can seriously destroy that Chandelure when it comes in.
Switching into my Claydol at this point won't impair my momentum too much, as there won't be terribly much to begin with, so I can just use it to make sure hazards aren't going to slow my momentum down. Mostly in this stage of the game, I'm carefully examining their team and using my Zoroark accordingly, then bringing in either Victini or Sceptile to get an early V-create or Leaf Storm off right the bat to hit something hard.

Mid Game
At this point of the game, switching into my less bulky Pokemon is a bit risky, because tanks are usually out at this point firing off their pretty strong attacks, and sometimes getting that extra damage isn't worth it. However, if I know I can take a resisted hit, I'll switch into my Sceptile and just fire off another Leaf Storm, then leave. Because of this, it's usually this point where my Empoleon shines, and to a lesser extent, my Victini. So I'll most likely switch into my Empoleon, set up an Agility, and start shooting out Hydro Pumps like they're nothing.
If I already have a lot of offensive momentum, switching into my Claydol is generally a bad idea unless I find it absolutely necessary to get rid of a bunch of entry hazards or set up screens so my other Pokes can safely switch in. It works as a nice pivot, but staying in on it for a while can usually slow me down and allow them to set up on me. However, in the case where I absolutely need to fodder out something, Claydol is the man for that.

End Game
Basically the clean-up section if I'm blazing through their team, or a struggling moment if we're kind of tied. Assuming my squishier Pokemons didn't take many hits early on, they can occasionally jump in and hit them hard with U-Turns, Night Slashes, or Fake Out. I'll usually keep my Zoroark for last because in the case where I'm up against another offensive/choiced Pokemon, I can just Sucker Punch them and hope a Banded Sucker Punch can take them out. My Victini and Sceptile has most likely been worn out at this point, so I'm trying to get in as many Leaf Storms and V-creates as possible to leave a lot of dents in their team.
It's a bad idea to try and use my Claydol at this point other than fodder or a pivot, as there's a big chance they can set up on me and potentially sweep.

I'll add in a teambuilding section and stuff later. CnC for now.

I suggest you change zoroark to a life orbed mixed set with + spd nature (I've never used one but I'm pretty sure smogon has a set). You have an enormous weakness to heracross and for that I recommend you switch out your victini with a sub chandelure (could be scarfed as well). With only one wall on your team you may want to consider more of a bulky empoleon (though it seems you've tried that), your team would benefit from stealth rocks from this poke to. I also see zapdos being a huge problem... it seems like your team has a lot of common UU pokes that could completely wreck it, I've tried to give some suggestions to patch up some weaknesses but it seems like I'd have to revamp a lot of the team. How has it been working for you so far?

It actually works pretty nicely.

Heracross gets raped Fake Outs and I'll switch to either Empoleon or Claydol depending on what he'll lock himself , or if I know he's going for the close combat I can always switch into victini to threaten a v create. Zapdos can be taken care of with victini or sceptile.
A big part of getting rid of threats is by surprise with my zoroark. Those night slashes really hurt.

I agree with Exppoint, you should change Zoroark to a mixed Life Orb set. If you still want to deceive people with your illusion, maybe you can also change Ambipom's item into Life Orb. Furthermore, I don't see Rocks on your team. It's not necessary, but since your team is so offensive, chances are you'll be forcing many switches. The Stealth Rock damage can help a lot when it starts to accumulate (especially when UU is filled with things weak to Stealth Rock, such as Victini, Darmanitan, Zapdos, Honchkrow, Weavile, Yanmega, etc..), and it makes it easier for your Pokes to sweep without having to switch out. Put SR on Claydol or Empoleon, replacing Earth Power or Rapid Spin for Claydol, while replacing Agility for Empoleon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)