The Never Ending Scrum

Hello Smogon! This is my first ever RMT here, and it's of a team that has so far served me well, but a HUGE tournament is coming up soon so id like my team to be the best it could.

"G.Yakatory"
@ Focus Sash - Jolly

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Snow Cloak
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
My lead, and it's a Mamoswine. The point of this guy is to try to either beat the oponent's lead, or lay up rocks and try to dent it, depending on the match up. Earthquake is my main offence on this guy, coming off Base 130 + STAB it's gonna hurt unless you resist it/are immune. Protect is there to allow me to beat Lead Infernape, as i Protect on the Fake out, then proceed to Earthquake and Ice shard to finish it. Ice Shard is there to pick off weakened leads, and Stealth Rock because my team needs it to turn some 3KO's into 2KO's, and 2KO's into OHKO's.

"Death Star"
@ Choice Scarf - Jolly

252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-U-Turn
-Trick / Thunder Punch / Ice Punch
Choice Scarf Jirachi is such an amazing Pokemon in this metagame, allowing me to check many, MANY threats. First off: Im running 252 Spe so I can Speed Tie with +Nature +1 Mence and hopefully Iron head it to death, or be another reason to use Ice Punch > Trick. Iron Head is on this set because hey, phys Rachi with no Iron Head? U MAD? Fire Punch allows me to check Scizor, other non-scarf varients of Jirachi and Breloom. U-Turn is key on this Pokemon as it allows me to keep my offencive momentum going by gaining switch advantage if they switch out.
The last spot is Tricky (no pun intended), as all 3 moves could fit here. Trick would help me aginst threats that would hate a scarf on them. Thunder Punch would help me take on Gyrados and Suicune, And the case for Ice Punch has already been stated (Help check Mence, Lati and Loom)

"BleedItOut"
@ Choice Scarf - Jolly

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Sand Stream
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
Scarf Tyranitar (Formerly Choice Band Machamp) is my answer to Rotom-A, Gengar, most types of Latias. If they Trick as i switch in (and their Choice Scarf) I win flat out, as they have to switch as i Pursuit them. Crunch is here to dent things that I think are not going to switch, Superpower > Earthquake on this because I think too many good OU set-up sweepers would like to take advantage of their ground immunities (Latias, Rotom-A and Mence ne1?) And Stone Edge is here as STAB and to help me check Gyrados.

Thanks to Plus for reccomending this.

"SexW/Bacon"
@ Life Orb - Naive
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Intimidate
-Draco Meteor
-Roost
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break
Having Sex with Bacon would be oh so sweet, and this Salamence is just that. New Mixmence allows me to punch holes into Stall based teams, allowing me to sweep with my last guy ("Blade Man"). Draco Meteor is my primary One-Shot offence, punching holes into everything unless your called Blissey / A Steel type. Brick Break + flamethrower allows me to hit said Steels, and Roost is here for more general longevity.
"Hydrolics"
@ Leftovers - Bold
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Water Absorb
-Surf
-Hidden Power [Electric]
-Wish
-Protect
Wish Vap wooop. This thing keeps my offencive force going, by constantly healing my team with constant Wishes. His Water type allow me to use his amazing set of resistances, and by Protecting he can gain essentially 1/2 of his HP from Wish, and 1/8 from 2 turns of Leftovers. Surf is my main STAB attack, and Hidden Power Electric is there for Gyrados.

"Blade Man"
@ Life Orb - Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Extreeme Speed / Bullet Punch
-Crunch
-Close Combat
Blade Man was the hardest robot master in MM10, so he deserves to be in my team. Swords Dance Lucario can easily 2HKO everything in the metagame after a Swords Dance, and Close Combat is here as my general STAB. Crunch is to hit slower Ghosts + it gives nice coverage. The only problem i have with him is weather or not to run Bullet Punch or Extreeme Speed, as i think i am quite Scarf Tar weak. Help me out here guys.

That was my RMT, thanks for reading and hopefully thanks for rating!

Changes in BOLD

looks like a pretty decent team, there are one or 2 things you should change though
i see you went with the guts version of machamp, if you wanted to experiment you could fo with noguard ability, and swap out close combat+ stone edge for dizzy punch and ice punch, and give him leftovers or lum berry. again there is nothing wrong with your version i just prefer the confuse spam version **if you are using him as a revenger, then go with scarftar**.

on vaporeon i would go with HP electric since you already have some ice moves, HP electric also gives you a sheer fire way to wall and kill gyrados, and also HP electric gives more coverage then ice beam

on salamence i would go with roost or brickbreak (or both) instead of claw, i actually use a vaporeon and mence like yours, and from experience using wish to heal a mence, just doesnt cut it. he is to fragile, i think EQ and flamethrower, are good enough coverage already, they hit most things well. BB i like, simply to wreck blissey switch ins.

looks like a pretty decent team, there are one or 2 things you should change though
i see you went with the guts version of machamp, if you wanted to experiment you could fo with noguard ability, and swap out close combat+ stone edge for dizzy punch? [I assume you mean Dynamic Punch] and ice punch, and give him leftovers or lum berry. again there is nothing wrong with your version i just prefer the confuse spam version **if you are using him as a revenger, then go with scarftar**.
I already have Jirachi as my Revenge Killer / General Scarfer / Scout
on vaporeon i would go with HP electric since you already have some ice moves, HP electric also gives you a sheer fire way to wall and kill gyrados, and also HP electric gives more coverage then ice beam
Ill try that, thanks.

on salamence i would go with roost or brickbreak instead of claw, i actually use a vaporeon and mence like yours, and from experience using wish to heal a mence, just doesnt cut it. he is to fragile, i think EQ and flamethrower, are good enough coverage already, they hit most things well. BB i like, simply to wreck blissey switch ins.
Tbh i like a solid stab move that won't get weaker every turn, but ill try it out.

Machamp checks ScarfTar well with CC and BP, so I dont think Lucario needs BP. It would probably be best to run Machamp with Stone Edge as well, since a CB sleep talker doesnt seem like it is going to work.

Stone Edge also helps you against Gyarados and Salamance somewhat, although it is putting a fair bit of weight onto Machamp. javascript:QNSFocus();void(0);

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

While this is a well built team, I'm concerned about how well you're going to be dealing with pokemon like Gengar or Rotom-a, both of which can poke holes in your team in and out. Rotom-a can come in on pokemon like Mamoswine or Vaporeon and dent your team pretty hard with Thunderbolt, Scarf Rotom in particular would be a bitch to deal with because your Lucario and Salamence fail to outspeed it, and generally hit and runs from these kind of pokemon will be pretty annoying for your team to handle. Gengar can wreck a Lucario sweep and start playing around with your team. essentially weakening scarf jirachi more and more once gengar gets oppurtunities to fire off shadow balls or hp fires, under a sub it would be especially more threatening as lots of mystic gars are paired with Magnezone.

In order to keep some of the sheer power your team has while still addressing threats to your team, consider running CB tyranitar or CS Tyranitar over CB Machamp on this team. CB Tyranitar can rip through defensive rotoms using crunch which still manages 2hkos, and easily traps pokemon like Scarf Rotom. Additionally, it's bulkier than Scarf Tyranitar which allows it to do better against pokemon that generally hit hard against Tyranitar on the switch, such as Zapdos which might also give you a tad bit of trouble, especially offensive variants. Scarf Tyranitar ensures more revenge kills, but generally is much weaker than CB tar, and cannot pound through teams as easily. However, concerning Gengar, Scarf Tyranitar is definitely something to consider, if you're not comfortable relying solely on Jirachi Iron Heads and Mamoswine Ice Shards. On this team, both options are viable and it's a matter of preference here, if you want to deal with these threats more while still having a bit of power in scarf, or if you want sheer power and to focus simply more on playing well to deal with threats with CB, which you can do with your team. Considering you pack a lucario in this team, Tyranitar makes an excellent partner as it excels in taking out Latias and Zapdos, two big threats to luke you should be worrying about.

Tyranitar @ Scarf
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Stone Edge / Crunch / Pursuit / Superpower

or
T

Tyranitar @ Band
Adamant 144 HP / 252 atk / 112 Spe
Stone Edge / Aqua Tail / Crunch / Pursuit

Choice Band Tyranitar allows you to outspeed 36 speed skarmory and 2hko with Stone Edge, which is something that Skarmory these days aren't too prepared for considering that most people are running Scarf nowadays. Aqua Tail is to pound on Gliscor and Hippowdon while still beating stuff like Heatran without having to resort to Stone Edge. As for Scarf Tyranitar, you should pretty much know the drill with it by now, it outspeed base 115s and below and makes it easy to revenge kill things like Starmie, even Latias if you are good enough to predict not getting hit by a Specs Draco Meteor.

Although you have Vaporeon, Salamence is generally going to be weakened fairly fast without Roost in the picture, Wish doesn't compensate for everything, especially if it means stopping your sweep short because you've been weakened too quickly. If you were to run Brick Break over Earthquake and Roost over Dragon Claw, you'd be able to still handle stall easily while maintaining the longevity you need to stay in the game longer, as rocks are really annoying and you have no way to get rid of them.

For Vaporeon, 12 speed evs is generally enough to be outspeeding Cb Scizor, which is really all you will need to be outspeeding here. Skarmory now runs 36 evs in speed, and some Skarmory are also Spdef variant, so 68 speed evs is a little outdated on the smogon analysis despite it being the standard sets, so you can allocate more evs into HP to give some more bulk to vappy.

Anyways, good luck with this tournament dude, hope I helped.

Machamp checks ScarfTar well with CC and BP, so I dont think Lucario needs BP.Thanks, i was unsure about which one to use as ScarfTar like switching into SD luke iirc. It would probably be best to run Machamp with Stone Edge as well, since a CB sleep talker doesnt seem like it is going to work.I was going to run Sleep Talk so i woudn't be completly shut down by Sleep, but i guess Stone Edge is the better choice

Stone Edge also helps you against Gyarados and Salamance somewhat, although it is putting a fair bit of weight onto Machamp.Vappy if i put Hp elec on it checks Gyra pretty well, and my scarf Rachi ties with +1 Posative Salamence, so i don't think i would put any more pressure on it, thanks for rating though

Hello.

While this is a well built team, I'm concerned about how well you're going to be dealing with pokemon like Gengar or Rotom-a, both of which can poke holes in your team in and out. Rotom-a can come in on pokemon like Mamoswine or Vaporeon and dent your team pretty hard with Thunderbolt, Scarf Rotom in particular would be a bitch to deal with because your Lucario and Salamence fail to outspeed it, and generally hit and runs from these kind of pokemon will be pretty annoying for your team to handle. Gengar can wreck a Lucario sweep and start playing around with your team. essentially weakening scarf jirachi more and more once gengar gets oppurtunities to fire off shadow balls or hp fires, under a sub it would be especially more threatening as lots of mystic gars are paired with Magnezone.I usually predict around Mystic Gar, as when they protect / sub i usually switch into Mamo if he's nearly dead so i can scout the Zone switch in.

In order to keep some of the sheer power your team has while still addressing threats to your team, consider running CB tyranitar or CS Tyranitar over CB Machamp on this team. CB Tyranitar can rip through defensive rotoms using crunch which still manages 2hkos, and easily traps pokemon like Scarf Rotom. Additionally, it's bulkier than Scarf Tyranitar which allows it to do better against pokemon that generally hit hard against Tyranitar on the switch, such as Zapdos which might also give you a tad bit of trouble, especially offensive variants. Scarf Tyranitar ensures more revenge kills, but generally is much weaker than CB tar, and cannot pound through teams as easily. However, concerning Gengar, Scarf Tyranitar is definitely something to consider, if you're not comfortable relying solely on Jirachi Iron Heads and Mamoswine Ice Shards. On this team, both options are viable and it's a matter of preference here, if you want to deal with these threats more while still having a bit of power in scarf, or if you want sheer power and to focus simply more on playing well to deal with threats with CB, which you can do with your team. Considering you pack a lucario in this team, Tyranitar makes an excellent partner as it excels in taking out Latias and Zapdos, two big threats to luke you should be worrying about.
Thanks for this, im changing it to Scarf Tyranitar.
Tyranitar @ Scarf
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Stone Edge / Crunch / Pursuit / Superpower

or
T

Tyranitar @ Band
Adamant 144 HP / 252 atk / 112 Spe
Stone Edge / Aqua Tail / Crunch / Pursuit

Choice Band Tyranitar allows you to outspeed 36 speed skarmory and 2hko with Stone Edge, which is something that Skarmory these days aren't too prepared for considering that most people are running Scarf nowadays. Aqua Tail is to pound on Gliscor and Hippowdon while still beating stuff like Heatran without having to resort to Stone Edge. As for Scarf Tyranitar, you should pretty much know the drill with it by now, it outspeed base 115s and below and makes it easy to revenge kill things like Starmie, even Latias if you are good enough to predict not getting hit by a Specs Draco Meteor.

Although you have Vaporeon, Salamence is generally going to be weakened fairly fast without Roost in the picture, Wish doesn't compensate for everything, especially if it means stopping your sweep short because you've been weakened too quickly. If you were to run Brick Break over Earthquake and Roost over Dragon Claw, you'd be able to still handle stall easily while maintaining the longevity you need to stay in the game longer, as rocks are really annoying and you have no way to get rid of them.
ill try this also, thanks.

For Vaporeon, 12 speed evs is generally enough to be outspeeding Cb Scizor, which is really all you will need to be outspeeding here. Skarmory now runs 36 evs in speed, and some Skarmory are also Spdef variant, so 68 speed evs is a little outdated on the smogon analysis despite it being the standard sets, so you can allocate more evs into HP to give some more bulk to vappy.
Ill change that as soon as i can.

Anyways, good luck with this tournament dude, hope I helped.
No, i need to thank you for the detailed rate x]

ok, I just tell you my suggestions about some things, it's your thing if you change them.

@Mamoswine: I don't think Protect is needed at all, like at least in this situation. Most lead apes run MachPunch lately or at least I always meet them so it would be like: 'they FireBlast, you EQ - they MachPunch you're down'.
I'd replace it with StoneEdge as it helps you dealing with Gyarados. And if you think, opponents LeadApe runs FakeOut, you can switch in TTar/Rachi with ease to take it and attacking back with hard attacks. (Esp. TTar with Sand + EQ = KO)

@Jirachi: first - EV order is HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe, keep that in mind =P
Uhm.. what to say.. greetings from Heatran? It walls anything you have like all day long with no problem. Without Vaporeon you lack on a well working counter for it at all so make sure not to fodder it before you know definately your opponent doesn't run it. well, back to rachi: I'd use Trick on the last slot as TPunch is my move on Rachi >=L nah, jk
IPunch isn't needed imo as you already have Mamo w/ Shards and Mence w/ DMeteor for mentioned checks. Plus no one would switch in any of those into Rachi unless they have absolutely nothing else.

@TTar: hmm.. 2 Scarfs, that's kinda brave but I guess it could work out. Pretty much standard set so no need for further ado.
Superpower > Earthquake on this because I think too many good OU set-up sweepers would like to take advantage of their ground immunities (Latias, Rotom-A and Mence ne1?)
» I lol'd hard ._.

@Mence: Roost on offensive set wtf? BrickBreak to cover other steels Flamethrower can't hit more wtf? EQ helps WAAAAAAY more (esp. for Heatran but mentioned that before). If you don't like Outrage they are other options for the last slot: Crunch helps vs. Gengar/Rotom-Apps, Protect is awesome to scout Choice locks, avoid Explosions, predicting WoW from Rotoms and so on~ (imo most underestimated move on offensive pkmn atm). Else keep Roost if you really like it.

Vapo looks good the way it is now.

@Luke: Jolly??? Make it Adamant ffs! This way after 1 SwordsDance you have a slight chance to OHKO even Suicune with CloseCombat factoring in StealthRock. This way it's an amazing late game sweeper. Jolly is outdated imo..

And your thinking of being ScarfTar weak isn't right that way. Reasons:
- After you know what he's locked into it's no threat anymore as you have resists for any of its attacks.
- You can speed tie with your own ScarfTar and KO back with Superpower which is a big suprise as long as you don't show it earlier.
- ScarfRachi is faster and kills it easily with IronHead. Showing Mence before prevents Scarf-Locked EQs.
- Mence's Intimidate + Vappy = Stall out all day long.

You defintaly have more problems with most Heatrans as they can hit anything you have really hard. TTar can easily take it out with Superpower but it also takes a shitload of EarthPower. Be careful with that.

i agree with taking off protect on mamo for stone edge, as a gyara lead shuts you down completely, and if its dd's your in deep s***. The important thing to remember with lead mamo is that its stats may lend toward it being bulky, but in reality it is not due to its huge number of common weaknesses. Don't try to take on anything you can't handle with this guy as you will simply lose your lead, and more importantly, your stealth rocks.

Your salamence is where i see the main hindrance in your team. Roost is too slow of a move as you will rarely find time for it before your opponent sends in a counter. fire blast>flamethrower as the added power grants sure KO's against skarmory which your team of mainly physical attackers sorely needs. Its accuracy also allows it to hit almost 9/10 times so its really not that scary of a move and the extra power is needed without STAB boost. Brick break is just plain silly as its main purpose would of course be for blissey, whom your team does not fear at all. I suggest replacing roost for earthquake, flamethrower for fire blast and brick breack for Outrage which allows it to wield much, much greater power.

Everything else seems pretty good but just remember that your salamence will get eaten alive by sandstorm + LO damage after t-tar comes in, so always have that gameplan in the back pf your mind.

Hope i helped :)

i agree with taking off protect on mamo for stone edge, as a gyara lead shuts you down completely, and if its dd's your in deep s***.Gyra lead? Are you serious? who the heck leads with a freaking Gyrados? The important thing to remember with lead mamo is that its stats may lend toward it being bulky, but in reality it is not due to its huge number of common weaknesses. Don't try to take on anything you can't handle with this guy as you will simply lose your lead, and more importantly, your stealth rocks.I can switch + Stone Edge isn't that good on this guy (I tried it ALOT) and protect let's me beat Fake Out'ers.

Your salamence is where i see the main hindrance in your team. Roost is too slow of a move as you will rarely find time for it before your opponent sends in a counter. fire blast>flamethrower as the added power grants sure KO's against skarmory which your team of mainly physical attackers sorely needs. Its accuracy also allows it to hit almost 9/10 times so its really not that scary of a move and the extra power is needed without STAB boost. Brick break is just plain silly as its main purpose would of course be for blissey, whom your team does not fear at allI can kill the soon to be mentioned Tyranitar. I suggest replacing roost for earthquake, flamethrower for fire blast and brick breack for Outrage which allows it to wield much, much greater power.

Everything else seems pretty good but just remember that your salamence will get eaten alive by sandstorm + LO damage after t-tar comes in, so always have that gameplan in the back pf your mindAnd this is the exact reason i pack Roost.

Hope i helped :) Most of the things youve sugested ive already tried, thanks for the rate though.

just so you know, gyarados is among the top three leads on shoddy, and its mostly a dragon dance variant carrying either taunt, roar or t-wave.

You do not need protection against fake outers as you can simply switch mamo for t-tar, jirachi or even salamence and start your attack. You can then bring mam in later as another sweeper and get sr up then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)