NU The NeverUsed League 2020 - Cycle 1 - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

new art soon™
Welcome to the first cycle of the NeverUsed League! We have decided to make the NeverUsed League count towards the 2020 NU Tournament Circuit. This means that points earned in the NeverUsed League, together with all other NU Tournaments that count towards this Tournament Circuit, will determine who will fight in the eventual NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs. All you really need to know is that if you do well here, you have a shot at getting a cool and highly unique ribbon. This tournament is the last chance to score points towards the NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs, so don't hesitate to join

Here is this years format and general rules:
  • There will be 2 cycles - all of which will be standard Double Elimination SwSh NU Tournaments
  • All sets played will be Best of Three series
  • All points gained in the NeverUsed League will count towards the NU Tournament Circuit, and is by far the best shot you have to score lots of points to guarantee a Playoffs spot
  • I will keep a close look on toxicity and bad sportsmanship in this thread. Shit-talking in battle / this thread is okay to some extent, but know that there will be consequences if you cross the line
  • Replays aren't mandatory, but we do encourage you to save and post them here
Round 4 (Winners)

Parpar  vs  Elias PSY
Expulso  vs  poh
Enzo Gorlami  vs  the pharoah
pattek  vs  GW
kythr  vs  Chokepic
The LpZ  vs  Jrdn
Ta9967  vs  Roxiee
Mr.Bossaru  vs  UBERLandon21
Feliburn  vs  Confide
Stareal  vs  Kev
Sensei Axew  vs  Socrates1O1
Ren-chon  vs  vivalospride
Youngster_Bill  vs  Espeonage.
banks  vs  Abejas
Thiago Nunes  vs  Bouff
false  vs  devinn

Round 4 (Losers)

zugubu royale  vs  [Winner of robjr  vs  Andyboy]
TopLel TopKek  vs  Davon
SANJAY  vs  Maple
IRazvannN  vs  Attack on Samurott
Xiri  vs  zben
NEWAL  vs  Internal - extended
[Winner of zS  vs  Osh]  vs  Ho3nConfirm3d
Sjneider  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
EviGaro  vs  Boat
ACR1  vs  Akashi
Waylaid  vs  Oathkeepre
Alvaro271  vs  Hammy
Forsendi  vs  gorex - extended
RaJ.Shoot  vs  Kiyo
Xizaaa  vs  Lil Infant Tylenol
PinkDragonTamer  vs  [Winner of Finchinator  vs  SpacialRendevous]

DEADLINE IS NEXT SUNDAY; AUGUST 16TH AT MIDNIGHT GMT -4 | Extension Deadline is August 12th @ Midnight GMT -4

Last edited:
Parpar  vs  Elias PSY - better player; has proven themself competent in this tier for past few years
Expulso  vs  poh - hmmmmm a hl match from this bracket. poh is probably more aware of current trends and how to capitalise on them; expulso, on the other hand, has displayed more general playing prowess recently, and i'd put faith in him to take this win if his builds don't let him down.
Enzo Gorlami  vs  the Pharoah - i think pharoah maybe won a wcop game, but gunner is definitely more secure in his play and should take this
pattek  vs  GW - gw is pretty good and a passionate mainer, and i don't have any recollection of pattek in nu
kythr  vs  Chokepic - kythr is a tours room person i think? they're usually decent, but chokepic should be confident in nu
The LpZ  vs  Jrdn - don't recognise the other player and jrdn is proven
Ta9967  vs  Roxiee - not seen either play, but i recognise roxiee's name
Mr.Bossaru  vs  UBERLandon21 - i may be wrong here but i have a vague recollection of UBERLandon from nfe? never seen the other person's name but could go either way
Feliburn  vs  Confide - confide is decent enough, but feliburn is good and i'd be comfortable bolding him against a good chunk of people here
Stareal  vs  Kev - kev is good but clicks sometimes; should win
Sensei Axew  vs  Socrates1O1 - same can be said for sensei regarding clicking, he's able enough though
Ren-chon  vs  vivalospride - ren-chon is consistently solid and doesn't let a game down easily
Youngster_Bill  vs  Espeonage. - underrated mainer
Thiago Nunes  vs  Bouff - either could win, but when it comes down to making game-winning plays i'd trust bouff a tad more
false  vs  devinn - false has experience and devinn has a 2020 join date. not to be dismissive or anything -- hope you surprise me!

zugubu royale  vs  [Winner of robjr  vs  Andyboy] - zugubu is better than most people give him credit for. he's smart and can plan a win pretty successfully, but robjr can also do that and can probably do it a bit better. this is a close match though
TopLel TopKek  vs  Davon - one of the better mainers
SANJAY  vs  Maple - maple knows how to play a game -- that much is obvious from their circuit win -- but sanjay usually builds for nu (bear in mind idk how true that is for gen 8) and should take this.
IRazvannN  vs  Attack on Samurott - genuinely don't know sorry
Xiri  vs  zben - another hl match. xiri is definitely good, but i feel he just has off-days sometimes and plays sloppily. notwithstanding that, he's still consistent and competent. zben is also in the same boat. xiri has a higher ceiling but zben is arguably more consistent. both could win though and both are certainly good!
NEWAL  vs  Internal - don't know much about either but newal's name rings a bell
Osh vs  Ho3nConfirm3d - ho3n is absolutely competent in this tier, and builds like a horse 24/7, so he does have that to his advantage. but osh is one of the best lower tier all-rounders and i'd be hard-pressed to not bold his name. definitely a hl match
Sjneider  vs  ToastedBunzzz02 - better player
EviGaro  vs  Boat - i'm sure boat isn't terrible and i think he won a wcop game? regardless, evi could win against most people in this bracket if she really tried
ACR1  vs  Akashi - don't recognise acr1 and akashi is decent enough
Waylaid  vs  Oathkeepre - the famed 1v1er has definitely made a name for himself, whether from memorable wcop games or contentious views or in-team drama. i'm unsure on his playing ability though. oath is a mainer who has the potential to be decent, he just needs to practice and play more games and find his jive, cause rn i'm not too convinced. with that said, this is his home tier and he should pilot himself to a win.
Alvaro271  vs  Hammy - don't know sorry
Forsendi  vs  gorex - both these players are p good and i'd be confident in both to win vs most people here, but gorex does have a bit more experience in ss nu. could go either way
RaJ.Shoot  vs  Kiyo - kiyo is fine enough in gen 8. he should win.
Xizaaa  vs  Lil Infant Tylenol - just a hunch, can't remember seeing either play
PinkDragonTamer  vs  [Winner of Finchinator  vs  SpacialRendevous] - interesting matchups. spacial is a mainer i think but finch can build some nice teams and should win. pdt is someone who's making a name for themself through lower tiers, but yet again finch's experience and cool should make this bracket his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)