NU The NeverUsed League 2020 - Cycle 1 - Round 5 [Losers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

new art soon™
Welcome to the first cycle of the NeverUsed League! We have decided to make the NeverUsed League count towards the 2020 NU Tournament Circuit. This means that points earned in the NeverUsed League, together with all other NU Tournaments that count towards this Tournament Circuit, will determine who will fight in the eventual NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs. All you really need to know is that if you do well here, you have a shot at getting a cool and highly unique ribbon. This tournament is the last chance to score points towards the NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs, so don't hesitate to join

Here is this years format and general rules:
  • There will be 2 cycles - all of which will be standard Double Elimination SwSh NU Tournaments
  • All sets played will be Best of Three series
  • All points gained in the NeverUsed League will count towards the NU Tournament Circuit, and is by far the best shot you have to score lots of points to guarantee a Playoffs spot
  • I will keep a close look on toxicity and bad sportsmanship in this thread. Shit-talking in battle / this thread is okay to some extent, but know that there will be consequences if you cross the line
  • Replays aren't mandatory, but we do encourage you to save and post them here
Round 5 (Losers)

devinn  vs  Parpar
Feliburn  vs  poh
Thiago Nunes  vs  [ Winner of NEWAL vs Internal ]
ACR1  vs  Maple
The LpZ  vs  Ho3nConfirm3d
Alvaro271  vs  UBERLandon21
pattek  vs  banks
Xiri  vs  kythr
EviGaro  vs  Youngster_Bill
Sjneider  vs  Davon
RaJ.Shoot  vs  the pharoah
Oathkeepre  vs  IRazvannN
Lil Infant Tylenol  vs  vivalospride
Kev  vs  [ Winner of gorex vs Forsendi ]
PinkDragonTamer  vs  Ta9967
Socrates1O1  vs  [ Winner of zugubu royale vs robjr ]

DEADLINE IS NEXT SUNDAY; AUGUST 23RD AT MIDNIGHT GMT -4 | Extension Deadline is August 19TH @ Midnight GMT -4

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
i'll predict these bc why not lol

devinn  vs  Parpar - 2-0 or 2-1 devinn, he was in wcop recently i think? and despite the 2020 join date is an excellent player. Parpar's a nu ladder guy i think, should know tier well but isn't on same level as a player. could def take a game tho
Feliburn  vs  poh - 2-1 feli, poh is more familiar with the tier but i dont think his teams are strong enough to give him much of an advantage there, feli's in a bunch of teamtours so will prob be able to get good teams (or build them himself, not sure if he's playing much nu lately idk.) in game feli's a better player - though poh is good, feli should be able to make the few doubles / predicts needed to get the edge.
Thiago Nunes  vs  [ Winner of NEWAL vs Internal ] - 2-1 tnunes, these guys def dont play the tier a ton but tnunes is a better player i think. internal's a draft guy new to smogon stuff but pretty solid, should be pretty close
ACR1  vs  Maple - closest one of these probably, ACR1 was gw's tutee and is generally pretty solid plus ik he's been grinding NU a lot. the user formerly known as DugZa is def a more established player, albeit in different tiers (monotype, i think?). if maple brings good teams should be even or slightly favored, if he has to make something up last minute def favor acr1. this is r5 tho so maple should have some decent teams he's been using at this point
The LpZ  vs  Ho3nConfirm3d - 2-0 Ho3n, one of the best in the tier rn. I dont know The LpZ but i've seen him have some decently impressive results in misc. tours (uu classic, i think? maybe slam?) so this might be discrediting him. I'd favor Ho3n by a wide margin vs almost all of this pool tho so not a personal thing.
Alvaro271  vs  UBERLandon21 - idk man i dont know these people :psywoke: seen them both around the nu forum some, havent seen either play, gl to both
pattek  vs  banks - banks should prob win, not rly predicting this tho bc pattek gave win vs gw last round and might do that here too ._.
Xiri(act)  vs  kythr - sniped
EviGaro  vs  Youngster_Bill - evi is very good
Sjneider  vs  Davon - sniped
RaJ.Shoot  vs  the pharoah - 2-1 raj in the battle of wcop heroes. just saw raj go 3-0 commandingly in uuwc so i think he's going to do very well piloting anything in an unfamiliar tier, which nu may be for him. pharoah plays more nu and is also a good player, going like 5-1 in the actual wcop (3-1 without counting qualifiers); however I think his unconventional picks can sometimes shoot himself in the foot. hope he proves me wrong and idk 6-0s with a Scraggy or something
Oathkeepre  vs  IRazvannN - going to take oath 2-1 bc idrk the other guy and ik oath plays this tier a lot
Lil Infant Tylenol  vs  vivalospride - 2-1 viv, he's a little better and should have good teams from friends, idk how invested he is going to be invested in this tour tho so lit (who isnt bad) might be able to pull off the win if he works hard to build/test this wk
Kev  vs  gorex - 2-1 gorex, kev's pretty good and beat me in ru ssnl. gorex is slightly better as a player tho and has most likely played more nu (even though he's more into RU rn)
PinkDragonTamer(act)  vs  Ta9967 - sniped
Socrates1O1  vs  [ Winner of zugubu royale vs robjr ] absolutely stacked match, damn, zugubu v robjr is a 50-50 (and the hl match). winner should def take it vs socrates; he's a newcomer with fairly impressive play across a few lower tiers, but def not near the level of zugubu / robjr yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)