The new world

Hello everyone. As you can see, I am new here. It is also important to note, that I am not English, and my grammar and all that stuff may be not perfect, so please forgive me for my mistakes.

Now I want to explain some things about my competitive Pokemon battling legacy. I've started battling few years ago, when 4th Generation came out. My cousin was really excited about all that EV training, breeding etc. so he persuaded me to start learning all that stuff. So I did. Even though I was a little kid (9 years old) back then, I understood what is it all about. Then I decided to download the well-known and loved "Shoddy Battle" simulator. I tested out a lot of different Pokemon species, many different movesets etc.
I was pretty good at the game actually.
Then the Generation V came out, and it was a little bit of a shock for me. I didn't like it at all. Especially the first two games (Black and White versions) disappointed me a lot. So I decided to stay with gen IV, and continue battling on Pokemon Lab (another 4th gen simulator). With the release of Black 2 and White 2 versions though, my mind completely changed. I simply enjoyed the games, so then I registered in, on Pokemon Showdown and I learned the hole 5th gen Metagame. It was fun.

Now with the release of Pokemon X&Y, I continue on battling. I have some pretty succesful team on Showdown, so I thought to myself "why don't I post it on RMT section on smogon forums?". And here I am!

Since X&Y games are still fresh, and a little bit different from the previous Pokemon games, I decided to name that team "The new world". Sorry for all that sh**-talkin' up there, but I just wanted to introduce myself :) Thanks for forgiving.

PRESENTING MY X&Y OU TEAM - THE NEW WORLD!

Talonflame Leftovers
Ability : Gale Wings
EVs : 252 HP/ 220 Sp. Def/ 36 Atk
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I decided to build my first X&Y team around some cool 6th gen Pokemon. So I picked my favourite one - Talonflame. Its ability is really nice, because it allows it to use priority Brave Bird, and after few Bulk Ups -> it really hurts, ok? I know that EVs spread may be a little bit strange, but believe me - it pays off really well. Just as I mentioned before, I played some games with this team already, and this Talonflame set works really well for me.

Excadrill Air Balloon
Ability : Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

It was obvious for me, that if I want to use Talonflame as one of my Pokemons, then I have to run some good Spinner. I think Excadrill is the best option. With Mold Breaker it can easilly EQ those stupid Rotoms and Gengars with Levitate, also Air Balloon gives it a really nice immunity to Ground-type moves. It is really good, because it not only covers one of its weaknesses, but also sometimes forces opponent to waste a turn to pop the Balloon. I really like it.

Dragonite WeaKness Policy
Ability : Multiscale
EVs : 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Dragonite is one of my favourite Pokemon of all time. I am really glad to see, that every generation gives it something to improve. This time, Gamefreak gave it perfect item in combination with it's Hidden Ability. Weakness Policy + DD combo is just awesome, because it lets Dragonite set-up to sweep in just one turn! I picked Jolly nature instead of Adamant, because it's Attack gains a +3 boost in that combo, when Speed is boosted only by 1.

Vaporeon Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb
EVs : 252 HP/ 244 Def/ 12 Speed
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

It's incredible, how easy Vappy fits every next generation with its Wish stall set. Even though some people think it's not that useful anymore, I still find it to be very nice addition to every team. That's just my opinion though. I am running Surf instead of Scald on this Vaporeon, beacause I don't really see the point of using Scald, when there is Toxic with 90 accuary now :)

Magnezone @Choice Scarf
Ability : Magnet Pull
EVs : 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire

Even though HP Fire got 10 power nerf, it's still such a nice thing to trap those Scizors. My team need a fast special attacker, and something that resists both Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam. So I picked Magnezone. Also it's important to note, that Steel type is not such a bad offensive type any more, because of that new Fairy type guys.

Exploud Focus sash
Ability : Scrappy
EVs : 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Yes, yes, yes. I know, you will hate me for this, but Exploud is my lead. It is just so awesome with that Boomburst, omg! It has enough speed, to outspeed some slower leads, and easily Taunt it. Also with those three offensive moves, it can hit A LOT of things for a super-effective damage. Rembember it has crappy, so Aegislash cannot really fight this guy.

--------------

This is my team. I am waiting for your ratings, hate, love, and sausages. Thanks! ^^

Good team overall, I don't see any glaring weaknesses jumping out at me, although Rotom-W does present a problem for you.

I would definitely go Swords Dance on Talonflame over Bulk Up, though, as Talonflame has no Special attacks.

Be aware of Weakness Policy Dragonites vulnerability to entry hazards and residual damage such as Sandstorm, it renders Multiscale useless (although I carry a slightly different WP Dragonite on my team, and it is truly a beast). If this is Pokebank OU (rather than pre-Pokebank), make sure you get Extremespeed on Dragonite. I would also recommend switching Outrage to Dragon Claw, as with the advent of Fairies, getting locked like Outrage just isn't very appealing anymore.

It's obviously pre-pokebank. I forgot to mention it, sorry :|
You are actually right, Rotom-W is a little bit of a problem, but it goes down after hit from boosted Outrage. If D-nite is down, then I have some problems though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)