Other The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition (Discussing Gardevoir sets) Check Post #920

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a very similar set on a Trick Room team currently, and find it works very well. The speed tier it's pitched at means you still outspeed things like Clefable and Sylveon, which isn't really bad, yet you're still slower than most of the speed invested meta (really, any base 70 with investment).

In terms of Psyshock, I don't think it's the best move to run. Hyper Voice already gets you through threats like AV Tornadus-T (a 2HKO), and Psyshock won't get you through significant Poison type threats - such as defensive Mega Venusaur - and you're never going to be getting through the likes of Chansey anyway. If you run Psychic on the other hand, Venusaur becomes a OHKO after rocks.

Other options for the Psyshock slot are Memento, which gives a potent Trick Room set up sweeper a chance to wreck face, or WoW - again for similar reasons. If you're looking to sweep however, Psychic is definitely the superior option. I like to pair this Gardevoir with another Memento user, such as Whimsicott, who can then let you set TR on a reduced super effective hit and sometimes sweep. What you do need to look out for on this set is pokemon with highly variable speed tiers, such as Magnezone, where you underspeed scarfed variants but are undersped by specs variants.

Also, I'd recommend Trace over Synchronize as the base ability - so you can Intimidate intimidators if nothing else.
Noted. I changed the set.

Noted. I changed the set.
Cheers. Initially I thought having the set as I run it at 252 def 4 HP would be better, but with your set I also noticed this:

248 SpA Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 240-284 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It can still survive Hex Gengar with that bulk without rocks, set up Trick Room and OHKO with either Psychic or Psyshock on the following turn so long as it doesn't sub. That can still be a decent win con if they didn't manage to set up SR and lack priority users, much more than the Charizard-Y concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)