Project The Next Best Thing

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Rowan said:
Staryu @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 5
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Blizzard

Gravity Staryu. Use on teams with spikes support to make the most out of gravity. Accurate powerful LO boosted moves. Excellent wallbreaker.
Excellent set just
KingMidas said:
Run analytic
Absolutely hammers switch-ins even without Gravity now

EDIT: no analytic w hydro wait fuck that

Last edited:
NOOB ALERT

Anyway I decided I was going to try something that (for me) is crazy, and I like using different things, so here goes nothing...

Staryu@Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP/ 236 DEF/ 36 SpA/ 160 SPE
Bold Nature
-Cosmic Power
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Scald

I honestly don't know if defense boosting is viable at all in LC, but this is my Cosmic Power Staryu set. Cosmic Power is used to boost it's defenses and make them quite respectable. Rest/talk is chosen over recover because even though I have Natural Cure, I don't want to switch out if I have Cosmic Power Boosts. Scald is for attacking and burning things as well, which is very important to kill the opponent.This makes a decent check to Pawniard because it can come in, out speed and Cosmic Power making it hard to kill Staryu. Knock Off after the first one won't be as strong, and Staryu can play around Sucker Punch and resists Iron Head. Staryu will probably be able to get around 2 cosmic powers if it gets a free switch into Pawniard(one of the most common pokemon) and then it is basically unkillable.

Staryu @ Light Clay
EVs: 116 Def / 156 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Scald
- Recover
  • sets up screens
  • burns everything with scald
  • heals w/ recover so you can set multiple times
  • has a kinda bulky ev spread
  • screens are bad
  • all the good stuff was taken

EDIT: was checking the sets legality and got this replay in the process http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-180688272

is funny cause im wild
An upgrade for the old set:
Wild Yakusa (Pancham) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Iron Fist
EVs: 140 HP / 100 Atk / 20 Def / 132 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Enough speed for Pump-XL and defensive Gothita. Adamant is needed to 2HKO Pump-XL without the need of two max rolls. Gunk Shot is for fairies. The lose in bulk isnt that big, he can survive one Acro from Flech at full health, and Sash Abra only have 6.3% chance to OHKO, Drain Punch can keep you at full health more easly.
Mold Breaker is to make Trubish unviable, you are not going to OHKO sturdy mons any time soon, and have like no use outside of that in this set. Iron Fist is a nice boost if you dont care about trubish/shellos.
This week is pure merchandize.

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Iron Fist
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Parting Shot

Basically, this hits the same spread as Timburr, but has one more point in Attack (18 as opposed to Timburr's 17), and one more point in Speed (11 as opposed to 10). It also has the added bonus of hitting fairies for insane damage with Gunk Shot, or by maintaining your team's momentum by utilizing Parting Shot. Mold Breaker is the suggested ability because it can prevent Shellos from being a pain, and it makes removing Trubbish less troublesome; however, Iron Fist can be used to ensure the OHKO on Porygon and Lickitung at +1 (Ferroseed is OHKO'd at +1 regardless of your ability). This will easily be one Pancham's less popular sets, but it definitely looks like it could be fun, and I will definitely be trying it out. You can even run 92 Spe by removing 80 EVs from Def and changing the nature to Impish to out speed Pumpkaboo-XL. Also, 140 HP / 20 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe with an Adamant nature can be used over the suggested spread to increase Pancham's bulk, and a Jolly nature can be ran to out speed Pumpkaboo-XL as well. (It still has more Atk and Spe than Timburr using 25/14/14 defenses).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)