The No Post movement

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First up, I'd like to extend my congratulations to all my comrades who made it a whole month without posting. To those who didn't, try again next year. And to those in the USA, Valhalla awaits. Anyway, No Post November started off as a bit tongue-in-cheek way of mocking No Nut November, which is itself a gateway into No Fap. Basically you do not post on Smogon for the whole month of November. So before I get into it you'll know that this doesn't preclude posting on other platforms, or doing other things that might be considered "posting": pooing (if you're a dog), ejaculating (if you have a working prostate), anything (if you subscribe to Hussein Kesvani's worldview that everything is posting). OK so that out of the way, I'd like to talk about my experiences of NPN.

One of the most refreshing aspects of NPN is that it doesn't suffer the fate of NNN where you are constantly posting about how you are not doing said activity. So off the bat your mind is cleaner. Now obviously the first few days were more of a struggle, as I still lurked Smogoff and had to restrain myself from responding (or in the strictest interpretation of NPN that I followed, reacting) to good posts that I read, or just wanting to expose the world to whatever stupid fucking thought my internet-addled brain came across, like some internet hobo in a trenchcoat flashing himself. But after a couple weeks, the desire slowly subsided and gave way to several benefits:
1. My keyboard was cleaner
2. Less RSI
3. Posts on other platforms were less deranged
4. Erections fuller and more volume
5. Was more interested in what my fellow posters had to say

This, I thought (but not posted), was enlightenment. The irony of abstaining from posting was that I became more engaged with my community. I actually long to read posts now, rather than see them as something to quickly give a like or haha react before launching into a post of my own. Clearly there is merit to a regular abstention of posting, a Ramado-not-post of sorts, to help keep ourselves in check.

Sorry if the quality of this post is low/is a bit rambling. I'm out of practice.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Yeah honestly I have been ejaculating harder now that I think about it. Funny how that works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)