ORAS OU The OG sun god

So the premise of this team is to use Volcarona, a Pokemon that really dropped in usage since its debut in BW and to build a functioning balance team highlighting the sun moths strengths.

volcarona.png

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

So I decided to run a Bulky Volcarona to maximize my chances of setting up and adding to its longevity as well as serving as a check to things like metagross, scizor, lopunny and potentially spreading a burn with flame body. The EV's are to maximize the physical bulk while also outspeeding torn-T and below after 1 quiver dance. I also chose to run fiery dance over fireblast just because it dosent miss and if im facing a slower team the Special attack boosts can potentially lead to a sweep.

all_hail_seismitoad_by_demonvenus-d4kxd9m - Copy 2.gif

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Next pokemon is Standard defensive Seismitoad. It serves as my main switchin to Volcanion aswell as being able to set up steath rocks and spread status with scald and toxic. I chose to run a physically defensive toad to help with setting up rocks in lando's face while being able to sponge up hits from it aswell.
ferrothorn.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

The final pokemon in my FWG defensive core is standard Ferrothorn. It serves as a backup check to things like TTar, Drill, latis that dont have HP fire, and is just and all around good answer to a lot in the OU tier. Im not running a defogger so I thought spikes would be a good decision to help rack up passive damage as well as healing with leech seed to give my team and ferro some recovery.

Tyranatar.jpg

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Scarftar serves as my bird check and main lati check. I put him on the team since you raely cant stop defog like you can a spiner so the next best thing is to trap and revenge kill them so the next time i lay up my hazards I know they are staying. He also provides excadrill sand to abuse his sand rush ability for a late game sweep, and i threw on superpower to severely hurt chansey ferothorn and bisharp if it comes down to it.

Excadril.jpg

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

I needed a spinner and I really needed a powerful physical attacker to help break through stall so I paired up driller with ttar. I chose to run the SD variant since my team dose not really pack a lot initial power and I made him max speed to speed tie with other jolly drillers, not ideal but not much else I can do about it.
Mega mane.png

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Looking back at my team i really lacked switch initiative and a solid way to deal with naturally fast threats so i added standard mega manectric to the team as my mega slot. With intimidate and the initiative gained from volt switch, late game cleaning capability's it seamed like a natural fit for the team.

Threats: Keldeo-unless i get my mega off keldeo can usually come in and really hurt my team
Talonflame- once again best checked by mane but can still do a number to my team

Pretty much everything else i can out play but those two really put the hurt on my team

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
You do have Seismitoad - a pretty good answer to both Keldeo and Talonflame. Other thoughts might come later.

Question for you: whats your check to opposing SR excadrill or ground types in general? 4/6 are super weak to earthquake, and that is one of the most common attacks in OU as far as i know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)