SM OU The Omari P retirement - Blacklisted | Peak at 1879

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Well, it finally happened lol. I got too famous and now I'm blacklisted from ou for having opinions; haters. It's only a month but after some thought honestly, I don't wanna come back after this - fuck yall. So, for my send off (After I beat AnnaKartanna in ouprl) I give you my most heat team yet. A TEAM OF ALL OU MONS. Happy now? This by far one of the most fun teams I've ever used and shit gets hilarious how well you do vs a lot of matchups. It's so funny, but for now lets give a little background.

Theme: Finale
Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Omari P (Hoopa) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Avalugg @ Icium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Charizard Y or X or Y or X or Z (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
It was fun AF but I kept losing to mega zam and stall, so to improve it I had to make little changes and change my strat up. icium z now was honestly way liter than it should've been and I also used it as sack or to catch those surprise tran kos
But we can do better if we just give up heatness and go the classic phys scarf koko. This time with uturn This allows you so much support and utility as koko is a piece of shit mon that should not be allowed and ou is a joke. Woops, got sidetracked there but ya koko being there fills a lot of holes. Keep that shit in the back, ur not tryna lead with it as I saw many of you do last time.
Regardless of the common set - you may have noticed that there is no dragon stab on zard x. This actually bc not many ppl are going to let you kill it with a dragon move and there are a million and one fairies around here. So forgoing the dragon stab lets u shit on stall and allows you some nice kos against bulky waters. So lets go do the breakdown of each mon

Im apparently infamous for not running a water resist bc fuck a water resist when u have only a bullshit mon like greninja to worry about - which i mind you can be protean and render water resists useless bc its a broken mon that def should not be allowed. Anyway primarina was a really good choice and honestly you can change it out for another one if you dont like it, I ended up doing so for one mon I forgot about and that most ppl will say that its not great, but try it out trust me. AV VEST Togekiss. V v similar stats, dies to the same shit but I can kill so much more mons.SOOO much more.

Ok so like, many of you know that I think scaf kart is ass, so I ran a team thats essentially mono weak to scarf kart and guess what, its still Ass af. So i added hp fire on scarf Koko, and it okos ROTFL. Ass mon. I didn't even need to do that. I just wanted to.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Fire/Ice]
- U-turn

We've seen this koko before, its ridiculous and you can play around with it.

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpA / 8 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Heat Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

GOAT WALL. GOAT. ya its weak to rocks but fuck it. GOAT. GOAT. it can come in on many attacks and weaken or take on some mons. ho pivot

Omari P (Hoopa) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

You know what this is.

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

You know what this is.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Pretty sure this is the main reason I was blacklisted but anyway - shits a goat wall. GOAT WALL CORE with unresisted coverage #FreeAvalugg He's truly the king of this rmt.

Charizard Y or X or Y or X or Z (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Next, we have senor hard body. Shits nice man. You have to get used to being bulky and strong but once you do, you're lit. Trust me on that. Also fun fact with this addition you do really really really well against stall. So well. We might even call this free koko part 2. Actually no - Free Avalugg #FreeAvalugg

If you have any suggestions just comment below and have a good life ou. I will miss some of you but most importantly I will miss making ou interesting. It brought me a lot of joy that I was able to inspire many of you but I guess all good shit but come to an abrupt end LOL peace out bitches.

p.s. if you have any questions pls dont hesitate to like or comment and at the end of the day just remember - fuck a water resist.​

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
btw - you can also use this zard for bulkier variants - this is the one i essentially went with after some testing.
X or Y X or Y (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 104 HP / 196 Atk / 64 Def / 12 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Last edited:
Here's a rate to (hopefully) protect from deletion. Though I wouldn't be surprised if deletion did happen. It'd be easier for me to just go with the rules and make this PSA than to resort to other...assertive measures.

Lele will tear the snot out of your forces if you keep this team up. If I were you, I'd do this:

Replace Nidoking with Jirachi, and give it the following moves and EVs:
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Moves: Rocks, U-turn, Healing Wish, Iron Head

If you don't like that idea, you should put Sludge Wave on Nidoking so you can try and bait Lele into attacking it.

Other than that, the team moves surprisingly smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here we go again...about a million one liners have been posted in this thread with pretty much nothing constructive, so I'm locking it. If you would like to post an actual rate for this team, PM it to me and I'll unlock the thread to allow you to do so.

Hey there Omari! Since this team has stirred up quite the controversy, so I decided I will take my time to rate it now.

First things first: The next time when you post an RMT, assuming you do, try to describe what the sets do, what the spreads are good for etc., etc. . A lot of people are left in the dark when you are only saying "Well, you know what this thing does." or "GOAT.GOAT.GOAT.GOAT" to quote this RMT, because some are new to this game in this competetive format.

With that being out the way, let us continue with the actual rating:

What is your team weak to?

: So this is thing is actually a monster for you to deal with. Your Charizard cannot hit it super-effectively and the Togekiss pretty much relying on the surprise factor to actually catch it off-guard. Besides, Aura Sphere does not do THAT much to Banded Tyranitar. As you are going to see it is not a OHKO and Tyranitar can take advantage of the situation very well.
204+ SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 236-280 (65.3 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

: That your team has no water resists is no secret at this point. It is then clear that you have some sort of weakness to Ash-Greninja, as it can dish out loads of damage with Hydro Pumps or Dark Pulses. Hazards, of course, pressure your team even further making it annoying to deal with it, to be honest. (Avalugg does not help with most of the setters: Clef, Ferro, Toxapex, Spikes Ash-Greninja, Toxapex, etc.)

: This Pokémon can wreak havoc to your team. You do not seem to have any kind of counter-measures to Life Orb Kyurem Black. Your Tapu Koko fails to hit it super-effectively, your Togekiss almost dies to a Life Orb Fusion Bolt, your Avalugg cannot hit it super-effectively, and so on.

How can you improve the team?

>
:
I think you are much better off with running a Bulu over Togekiss. I know, it takes away the "Heat-Factor" of the team, but it really helps versus a number of things. E.g. you have a Tyraitar check now, you can win Terrain wars better, you have an Alakazam check, etc. .

>
:
This is supposed to cover your Kyurem-Black weakness, as well as your Lele one. It wish-passes into other Pokémon such as Hoopa or Charizard, so they have longer sustainability. Jirachi also gives you Stealth Rocks, freeing up your Nidoking quite a bit.

>
:
I think a solid removal is mandatory, now that I removed Avalugg from that team. Zapdos also gives you a Hawlucha switch-in and another Pokémon with good longevity. Zapdos is just one of the best hazard removers out in OU right now, in my opinion at least.

Life Orb > Suicide Lead (
):
Now that all the hazard and hazard removing questions are out the way, this frees Nidoking up to unleash its full potential. Nidoking is extremely powerful with godlike coverage, hitting almost everysingle Pokémon there is in OU right now. It is such a good balance-breaker that, on this team, I think does not want to be missed out on.

3 Attacks > Thunder Punch DD (
):
Ok, so the change might sound a bit counterproductive because of the Tapu Bulu I have previously suggested, but it can put in quite the work, while the terrain is not there. It is one of the three breakers on the team and can put in quite the work vs a lot of the teams, although Landorus obviously checks it.

[OPTIONAL]
>
:
This is just opinion based, but I think Hoopa-Unbound does better at breaking stall, than the normal Hoopa does. Nasty Plot Fightinium is just a beast of a set and a really good breaker as well, but, as i said, not necessary.

As an end word I wanted to say that this was a lot of work for me to do, but I had my fun doing the RMT nonetheless. I hope you like my rate and sorry for those extra sprites, those are gonna be removed in a min after the team is posted.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
WE BACK BITCHES!!! First off sup patlop2307, thanks for the rate! You said a bunch of shit so lemme address this one by one.
"The next time when you post an RMT, assuming you do, try to describe what the sets do, what the spreads are good for etc., etc." -There will be no next time anywhere in the near future (blame ou mods for that plus Im certain im 1 rmt away from being banned from forums shoutout to Leo) and you're absolutely right. I talk from a pretty ridiculous pov that is kinda daunting to newer players. V V fair statment. I am not sorry about that in the least lmao but you're right.

T: Now let's go. I appreciate the ttar, in practice, i have to get prior damage off and then sack or just use avalugg and what not (avalugg can take on the ttar actually but youre right it def pressures ridiculously but #FreeAvalugg)

G: No matter what mon I chose thats not named gastro/mage it was gonna be weak to ash gren/gren so tbh. When facing gren I just play v v aggressively and make the doubles -which many people have told me is very hard to get used to so I get it.

KBlack: LOL i just fucking took Ls on this mon. Usually just got prior damage off then attacked. In practice, I even tried running scarf togekiss to counteract it - Which actually worked BTW! LOL but good point. I just took ls on this mon.

Improvements:
B: While I personally hate bulu, this is not a bad idea. You can run this but if you do def get rid of koko

R: no. especially on this style of play. This will end up being setup bait. More annoying but def subpar on this.

Z: lucha teams in general are pretty formulaic and basic and thoughtless and it never really was an issue on this team lol. Also zapdos isnt the best hazard removal by any means rn..

LO>Sash: Ok, I just want to get this - nidloking is frail as shit and its utility actually comes from the fact that its sash. Running lo nidoking in this meta really wont do much -imo- esp on this team. It really doesnt do that much more damage with the lo and while having an extra moveslot is lit as fuck, Id rather use teammates. You're not gonna solo the tier with nido and ull die pretty easily; but with sash ull at least get a nice hit off!

3 attacks zard: This again is a similar thing as the nido lol, they do diff things and 3 attacks dd was undoubtably worse, like undeniably omg. the set I have definitely wall breaks better and sets up a lot easier. You have to know your speed tiers but at the end of the day how tf is ur opponent supposed to know ur set/evs. Also the 3 dd actually does less damage while being frailer and not setting up on shit it should - whihc is why I go bulky, which is far better for my purposes despite the basic bitches' that tell you that 3 dd is the best set. I actually did a game to show you and it only took 1 game to show its use woot woot!: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-725113816
^ as you can see my zard x set provides much more longevity and wall breaking in this tier. Albeit his team was fairly weak to zard but not that weak. The basic bitch zard set died to his squad.

As far as hoopa u being better at beating stall - in my experience, it's not (I run both). As well as its not weak to fairy nor uturn and its stab isnt resisted by half the meta.

All in all lol good shit mate. I dont agree with many things you wrote however the bulu shit was a great ass point - but if u run bulu get koko far as fuck away from this team and get something like scarf accelegor or some shit idk something fast af. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)