The Periodic Table of Ubers

(Truffles)

Hey guys, I am Trufflehunter25. I recently delved into Ubers and have been having quite a bit of success with this team. I was recently able to reach a CRE of 1557. I would like to improve that and to do that I need your help.

General Strategy
This team is based around the use of the sheer offensive power of mixed wall-breakers such as Mewtwo and Rayquaza to prevent the opposition from switching anything in safely.

In Depth

Shaymin-S@Choice Scarf**Helium
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
Serene Grace
Modest Nature
-Air Slash
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power[Ice]
-Leaf Storm/Seed Flare

Shaymin-S is an extremely effective. I find that through Serene Grace Flinch Hax I am able to prevent Deoxys leads from setting up and Darkrai from putting something to sleep. I am also able to OHKO Kyogre and Groudon with leaf storm. Also, due to Shaymin-S's decent bulk and good typing I am able to use Shaymin later on in the game as a revenge killer. I picked Shaymin-S as my lead for a few reasons actually. The first is that I am not a big fan of suicide leads and wanted a pokemon that could be useful throughout the game, and the thought of being down 5-6 right at the beginning is not a good one. Secondly Shaymin is able to prevent opposing leads from getting up their entry hazards, therefore blunting their usefulness. Finally I chose Shaymin because of the speed. With a choice scarf it is faster than all Deoxys forms, rock polish Groudon after a rock polish, and Darkrai holding the item choice scarf. Those are the main functions of Shaymin-S and why I chose it for my lead.

Dialga@Leftovers**Mercury
252 HP, 129 Defense, 129 Special Defense
Pressure
Modest Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse

Every offensive team needs stealth rock and thunder wave support. This one is no exception. Dialga's main prupose is to come in on a special attacker, set up stealth rock, and paralyze the opposition. Dialga is the least expendable member of my team, as it checks scarf Palkia which could rip through my team otherwise. I find that Dialga fits the role of a mixed wall much better than Lugia and Giratina for several reasons. The first is that Dialga has access to stealth rock, a necessity on offensive teams. Secondly Dialga has enough offensive power and movepool to murder several offensive threats, and to scare out other pokemon. Finally I find Dialga more effective because I am able to bluff a choice set if Dialga has not taken prior damage. That is why I chose Dialga and it's main purpose.

Rayquaza@Life Orb**CarbonDioxide
252 Speed, 216 Sp.Attack, 40 Attack
Naive Nature
Air Lock
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break/Outrage
-Extremespeed
All teams need at least one mixed attacker, this one is no different. I found that Rayquaza fit the role of a mixed attacker best. I felt that for several reasons. Although slower than Mewtwo, Rayquaza hit harder from both ends of the spectrum than Mewtwo and had access to a priority move. Rayquaza also allows me to bead dual screen baton pass Mew, a huge threat if unchecked. Rayquaza is also much more versatile than Mewtwo allowing me to have a small factor of surprise. I play Rayquaza very aggressively if stealth rock is up, but more cautiously if they are not because Rayquaza is given more potential switch-ins.

Latios@Soul Dew**Sulfur
252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Timid Nature
Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunder
-Grass Knot​

Latios with soul dew is the safe Kyogre switch in necessary on every team. I am using both dragon pulse and draco meteor on Latios because there are situations when you would like to use a stab move without the special attack drop all of the time. I also felt recover to be somewhat useless because the way I play Latios, I bring it in on a not very effective move, and Draco meteor the switch. I then kill whatever switches in. I rarely switch Latios out unless the opposition is extremely weak to Latios. I picked Latios for several; reasons. The first is that it is extremely powerful, fast, and can make extremely good use of soul dew allowing it to have the power of choice specs without being locked into and move. Secondly Latios can outspeed and OHKO non scarfed versions of Palkia, something Mewtwo can not do unless Palkia is already weakened. Finally Latios has very good synergy with Dialga, it can cone in on many of Dialga's counters and get a free kill. That is why I chose Latios and how I play it.

Scizor@Choice Band**Niobium
252 Sp.Defense, 200 HP, 56 Attack
Adamant Nature
Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn
-Superpower

Scizor is essential to the success of my team. It provides a necessary dragon resist, and priority revenge killer. Scizor is used as a priority revenge killer sporting quick attack rather that the standard because most Mewtwo carry flamethrower or fire blast and almost all Giratina-O run hidden power fire. Quick attack also allows me to hit Kyogre for neutral damage. I chose Scizor for several reasons. The first is that is has access to two priority moves, and very high attack power making it a natural candidate for a revenge killer. Secondly Scizor has very good typing for ubers allowing me to come on common moves like dragon pulse and get the switch advantage as well as some damage on the switch in. Finally I needed something that could come in on bulk up Dialga and weaken it enough so that Rayquaza, Latios, or Mewtwo can come in and kill it without getting crippled in the process. That is why I chose Scizor and how I play him.

Mewtwo@Life Orb**Oxygen
252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Attack
Naive Nature
Pressure
-Aura Sphere
-Selfdestruct
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast​

Remember back in the day when Mewtwo was the most powerful pokemon? Throughout the generations Mewtwo has lost quite a bit of it's former glory but it is still a formidable opponent in the ubers environment. Mewtwo found its way onto this team because of it's sheer attacking power, and nice bulk. I play Mewtwo very aggressively, and not being afraid to just go boom on something that I can not kill. usually when I switch in I will not switch out. I find Mewtwo useful for several reasons. The first is it's access to selfdestruct. I am able to blow up on walls that could trouble the rest of my team. Secondly Mewtwo has amazing speed. Faster that Darkrai and Skymin Mewtwo has no trouble getting a few kills and then blowing up. Finally Mewtwo is useful in any part of the game. He can be used to cripple the opponent early game or finish up late game. That is how I play Mewtwo and why I chose him.

Thank you for taking a look at this team. Please leave helpful suggestions!

Changes will be in red

Currently Testing:SD Ray>Mixquaza
Groudon>Dialga
Latias>Latios
MixDialga>Dialga

Just a few nitpicks.

I would recomend putting natures on all of your team Pokemon, this way, this team can be legal =/

Timid on a Choice Scarf Shaymin-S is just overkill...Modest still outspeeds 252 Jolly Deoxys-S (The fastest Pokemon in the game). I guess you can use Timid for combatting other Timid Shaymin-S (which you don't want to do because you don't want to risk Shaymin-S) and Timid Scarfrai, but the loss in power kind of sucks.

Now a nitpick on presentation: It's probebly just me, so you can ignore this, but I had trouble finding your fifth pokemon and it took me like 30 seconds just to find your last pokemon. Yeah, this isn't really important though.

Your sets look pretty standard (other than nature), so assuming the sets your using match the on-site natures, this is a pretty good team.

Good Luck.

Just a few nitpicks.

I would recomend putting natures on all of your team Pokemon, this way, this team can be legal =/

Timid on a Choice Scarf Shaymin-S is just overkill...Modest still outspeeds 252 Jolly Deoxys-S (The fastest Pokemon in the game). I guess you can use Timid for combatting other Timid Shaymin-S (which you don't want to do because you don't want to risk Shaymin-S) and Timid Scarfrai, but the loss in power kind of sucks.

Now a nitpick on presentation: It's probebly just me, so you can ignore this, but I had trouble finding your fifth pokemon and it took me like 30 seconds just to find your last pokemon. Yeah, this isn't really important though.
look pretty standard (other than nature), so assuming the sets your using match the on-site natures, this is a pretty good team.

Good Luck.
Thank you for the rate and luck, I added the natures and the picture of Latios. I will also test modest instead of timid on Skymin.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Latias is much safer vs Kyogre, as Latios won't enjoy taking Specs Water Spout at all. Thats why I suggest him over that, as your team wouldn't really be worse if you used Latias. Something else I noticed is that SD Luke can really reck you. Although uncommon, it can still prove to be a problum. So, using Mix Dialga with 252 SATK/SPE/4 HP with a Naive/Hasty nature, you can semi check it. While still getting SR and anouther mix sweeper. Otherwise, pretty ok team. However, change your Rayquazas evs to 216 SPE/252 SATK/40 ATK with Outrage. BB is really only for TTar. As Outrage still 2HKO's Blissy. I also would like Seed Flare on Shaymin, just beacause it's nice to get a SPDEF drop.

Good luck!

Latias is much safer vs Kyogre, as Latios won't enjoy taking Specs Water Spout at all. Thats why I suggest him over that, as your team wouldn't really be worse if you used Latias. Something else I noticed is that SD Luke can really reck you. Although uncommon, it can still prove to be a problum. So, using Mix Dialga with 252 SATK/SPE/4 HP with a Naive/Hasty nature, you can semi check it. While still getting SR and anouther mix sweeper. Otherwise, pretty ok team. However, change your Rayquazas evs to 216 SPE/252 SATK/40 ATK with Outrage. BB is really only for TTar. As Outrage still 2HKO's Blissy. I also would like Seed Flare on Shaymin, just beacause it's nice to get a SPDEF drop.

Good luck!
Thank You for the rate, I will try mix Dialga, and Latias over Latios. However I do like the raw power Latios brings but will try it. Also BB is used to beat dual screen BP Mew but I will try outrage. SD Luke does seem like a problem but I never see it, also I will test seed flare on Skymin but I prefer leaf storm because I can OHKO offensive Kyogre.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, not a bad first? attempt.

Like PDC said, you don't have a good switch-in to Specs Kyogre, but it's not too big of an issue since he's going to have a reasonably hard time switching in and doing damage. Just be careful when you use Scizor. If you are having trouble, take PDC's suggestion and change Latios to Latias.

You have bigger issues when it comes to SD Rayquaza and SD Lucario. With an SD up, Rayquaza can sweep your whole team, while Lucario can do it with some entry hazard support. Rayquaza can switch in on Earth Power and SD up, while Lucario can do with HP Ice. Wobbuffet makes it easier for them to set up too. Ho-oh gives you some trouble too. This is why I would recommend that you replace Dialga with support Groudon. At good health, Groudon can easily check both SD Ray and Lucario while being an insurance against Ho-oh.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/188 SpD/36 Spe
Nature: Adamant/Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This Groudon outspeeds the standard Ho-oh and takes it out with Stone Edge while being able to take hits from both SD Ray and Lucario. Groudon can still do the SR and Thunder Wave thing nicely. With Thunder Wave, your Rayquaza can be a lot more dangerous (Your MixQuaza isn't doing all that much for the team at the moment, it's not like it's breaking down Lugia for Groudon to sweep or anything). Groudon can lure in and cripple Lugia, one of the biggest SD Rayquaza counters. Here's SD Ray:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Extremespeed
-Overheat/Waterfall

EDIT: Just a nitpick: Propane is NOT an element, but a hydrocarbon with formula C3H8.

Good luck with your team

Hi, not a bad first? attempt.

Like PDC said, you don't have a good switch-in to Specs Kyogre, but it's not too big of an issue since he's going to have a reasonably hard time switching in and doing damage. Just be careful when you use Scizor. If you are having trouble, take PDC's suggestion and change Latios to Latias.

You have bigger issues when it comes to SD Rayquaza and SD Lucario. With an SD up, Rayquaza can sweep your whole team, while Lucario can do it with some entry hazard support. Rayquaza can switch in on Earth Power and SD up, while Lucario can do with HP Ice. Wobbuffet makes it easier for them to set up too. Ho-oh gives you some trouble too. This is why I would recommend that you replace Dialga with support Groudon. At good health, Groudon can easily check both SD Ray and Lucario while being an insurance against Ho-oh.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/188 SpD/36 Spe
Nature: Adamant/Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This Groudon outspeeds the standard Ho-oh and takes it out with Stone Edge while being able to take hits from both SD Ray and Lucario. Groudon can still do the SR and Thunder Wave thing nicely. With Thunder Wave, your Rayquaza can be a lot more dangerous (Your MixQuaza isn't doing all that much for the team at the moment, it's not like it's breaking down Lugia for Groudon to sweep or anything). Groudon can lure in and cripple Lugia, one of the biggest SD Rayquaza counters. Here's SD Ray:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Extremespeed
-Overheat/Waterfall

EDIT: Just a nitpick: Propane is NOT an element, but a hydrocarbon with formula C3H8.

Good luck with your team
Thank you for the rate, I will certainly test Groudon and SD Ray. I actually forgot that propane was man-made so... yeah, thanks.

As a nitpick, Carbon Dioxide isn't an element either, but a compound of two (Carbon and Oxygen). Aside from that, I haven't much to add, except that Scizor as the only Dragon resist always seemed iffy to me.

As stated above, any dragon should be added to the sexual abuse list for absolutely raping this team. Latios wants to be Latias if it's going to be switching into Kyogre, and Dialga would really appreciate being a Forretress. If Dialga became a specially defensive Forretress, you would have spin support so stealth rock doesn't take away a fourth of Shaymin-S and Rayquaza's health, as well as hazards, and a Dragon resist; you can slap Thunder Wave over Draco Meteor on Lati@s (depends if you replace it or not) because it won't just be sheerly attacking anymore.

Why is Quick Attack on Scizor? Sure, it hits Kyogre, but why would you want to do that when it's just going to kill you after? you definatly want Bug Bite or something to hit the plethora of Psychic types (Mewtwo, Roosting Lugia, Celebi, All Deoxys forms, Latias, Latios, Wobbufett, and Azlef) and Darkrai.

Speaking of Darkrai, does this team have trouble with it? Once your is gone (which happens a lot to leads), Scarfrai might cause some trouble, but using Latias, it will take the DP like a boss and hit it with T-wave.

To be honest, I'm thinking about using a variation of this team, with these changes, it can be really good lol

Good Luck again, this is a good team.

you definatly want Bug Bite or something to hit the plethora of Psychic types (Mewtwo, Roosting Lugia, Celebi, All Deoxys forms, Latias, Latios, Wobbufett, and Azlef) and Darkrai.

Speaking of Darkrai, does this team have trouble with it? Once your is gone (which happens a lot to leads), Scarfrai might cause some trouble, but using Latias, it will take the DP like a boss and hit it with T-wave.
Bug bite on a CB scizor?! U-turn KOs all those listed threats and scouts as well. Scizor and Dialga can both take DPs and then hit scarfrai (lol, that sounds weird) with thunderwave/bullet punch. Latias's Draco meteor OHKOs darkrai, why use t-wave?

Palkia can work as a decent check to Kyogre as it resist water spout x4. Maybe scarf palkia might work over Latios. Also, Your EVs on Dialga look strange. What are the defense EVs for? as it is still KOed by a LO groudon's earthquake. Try the smogon set with 116 spD and 140 SpA.

Just a suggestion for Rayquaza's ugly (in my view, sorry if it offends you) nickname:

Uranium :) Being the most explosive/powerful element to the most powerful poke on your team

CO2 doesn't appear on the periodic table.

Uranium isn't the most explosive or "Powerful" element. Look at something on the left most column, that shit goes nuts even with benign things. Many are stored in oils just so they don't spontaneously react.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)