The power that's inside.

Now where do I start... I wanted to abuse something in RU... Something powerful... And look what I found! Slurpuff.

Death flavor (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Return

Slurpuff is a pretty nice pokemon just due to it's pretty round stats and fairly wide movepool, making it good for almost anything. But this time I wanted to use my favorite set for it, the Belly Drum set. Basically if your opponent has no steel types in the team, were they dead or just low on health, you can just sweep with Slurpuff. If you're facing a wall and expecting a status move, just sub up and you are good to go with belly drum, or if you're expecting switch, the same occurs. Sitrus berry is to receive some HP after belly drumming and to get the unburden boost. Max speed because you still need it after unburden to outspeed scarfers and such, then the max attack for the offensive power as obvious as it is. And just to add, I've swept teams with this thing.

Now to move on, I also noticed that the damn Cresselia was in the tier. And the best thing to deal with is...

Anal Surgery (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

I wanted to use a banded Esca, but in all honesty I had to change it after I was done teambuilding because I noticed I had 3 choice item users. And so was created the AV Escavalier. This thing has naturally a really good defenses and decent HP. Not to mention it's massive 135 Base attack. Megahorn does really big damage even to resisted pokemon, also having Iron Head to hit fairies and when you don't want to miss. Drill Run for good coverage against fire types and knock off is just knock off. Honestly, why wouldn't you run it?

At this point I had noticed I need something specially offensive. And what could be better than

I FUCKING FAP (Clawitzer) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere

This thing hits like a truck, man. And the great coverage with pulses and such make it an amazing pokemon. Powerful STAB Water Pulse, Ice beam for grass types, Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere for good neutral coverage. Except I have so far noticed that Dark Pulse is good for attacking Slowking, which would wall me otherwise. That's pretty much all I can say about this thing.

While I was making this team, I was actually talking with some people on a smaller server, since I hadn't played RU before, so I needed guidance. Then I heard Yanmega was there and that the enduring weakness policy shit is running around, which is where we get to

fuk u yanmega :) (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

The bulk is real, ladies and gentlemen, the bulk is damn real. Registeel is a realyl nice add to my team, since it walls Yanmega and Cinccino, and can set up some rocks. Dual status might seem a bit dick-ish, but I use them just to wear down walls with toxic and to slow sweepers down with Twave. Seismic toss is so I can actually hurt some way.

Now I figured that since there are some defoggers and intimidating mons, why not use something to abuse it? Oh yes.

TCWER (Braviary) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Frustration

Defiant boost never hurts, especially with the speed of choice scarf. Brave Bird is the main thing here, to nail everything. U-Turn for momentum, Superpower for things that resist brave bird apart from electric types, which get smashed by Frustration. That's pretty much everything I can say about this.

Now it appears that I'm weak to electric. But I can't use any electric types with a secondary element on the RU tier just due to my other mons supporting each other type-wise already. Lanturn would have been a good choice but I like offense far more than stall. And looking at my team, it's heavily physical based to I had to choose a specially offensive ground or pure electric mon. But Then against Gastrodon was defensive and didn't fill up my tastes. I was thinking Raichu would be good but then I realized that Raichu isn't something that would fill up what I need here. So even though I am already heavily physically based, I went with...

fuk u gary :) (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge
- Fire Punch

Electivire is quite a good pokemon and has an AMAZING coverage. STAB Wild Charge hurts and I got the physical version of BoltBeam with Ice Punch in there. I noticed though, that Lanturn walls this team pretty badly (Which is why I lost one match qq) so I hit that nice EQ on it. Finally we have Fire Punch for some random coverage. I guess I can OHKO Escavalier with it if anything.

There you go folks, it's not the best of the best but it's something. I haven't played too much with it yet, but it has done really amazing. I have swept with my main sweepers Slurpuff and Braviary and other mons have done a great job as well. Let me know what you think about the team and what are some threats and to the team, and possibly what should I change to deal with those threats. I know hazards are a problem but I'll manage.
...I hope.

I FUCKING FAP (Clawitzer) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Anal Surgery (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Death flavor (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Return

fuk u yanmega :) (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

TCWER (Braviary) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Frustration

fuk u gary :) (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge
- Fire Punch

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Powerful Braviary set is powerful <3

It may be a small nitpick, but moving a few EV's from HP to speed on Escavalier can really make a huge difference when you're in an esca vs esca situation. Other than that, great looking team :]

Powerful Braviary set is powerful <3

It may be a small nitpick, but moving a few EV's from HP to speed on Escavalier can really make a huge difference when you're in an esca vs esca situation. Other than that, great looking team :]

Thanks! And yea, I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to take like 8 HP EVs to put in speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)