The PU Open VI - Round 4 [Replays Mandatory]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Welcome to the sixth iteration of the largest PU tournament, the PU Open! It's been almost twelve months since last year where Luthier won it all! Let's see who wins it this year! Good luck to all competitors!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SV PU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, not to be turned off even in the case of a player disconnecting as we now have a separate disconnection timer (more details here). The timer may not be turned off in any circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General Recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer a wide selection of times when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.

That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post. In addition to being able to earn points through the PU Open towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, it is part of the PU Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 4

SoulWind  vs  GXE
mncmt  vs  zS
Giannis Antetokommo-o  vs  bb skarm
ImDoneThrowing  vs  NHelioX7
false  vs  third bonnie
tlenit  vs  TyCarter
BigFatMantis  vs  DAHLI
VyoletRayn  vs  RaJ.Shoot
DugZa  vs  Luthier
Elfuseon  vs  fish anemometer
Vulpix03  vs  Fc
robjr  vs  Micciu
avarice  vs  Chloe
ProDigeZz  vs  kythr
Melt Gibson  vs  Irene-2002
zben  vs  zoowi
Lily  vs  JustFranco
a fruitshop owner  vs  crying
So Noisy  vs  Oathkeeper
AstilCodex  vs  Floss
MichaelderBeste2  vs  Shaneghoul
shiloh  vs  egalvanc
Blue YM  vs  Theblobfishman9
PrincePucci  vs  BaddyGames

Good luck to all competitors!
REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED!!!
Round deadline is at Sunday, June 18th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)!
Extension deadline: Wednesday, June 14th at 11:59PM EDT (GMT-4)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
act vs shiloh for r3, we scheduled 1h ago and contacted them 30mins after the schedule time, they wasn't there.
Can't wait so much longer (we're 11pm my time)
No.

You guys did not formally schedule until six days into last round, doing so for the extended period on Tuesday. You guys then both entirely missed each other on Tuesday. This is a very simple coinflip from there.

To put it bluntly, in this situation, the game could’ve gotten done with more active effort towards scheduling on both parties ends and neither of you comes remotely close to qualifying for an activity when when you both neglected this during the round and missed the only scheduled time.

It makes no sense how you decided to call activity two days later when the extension deadline had passed and there was no scheduled time during that range whatsoever.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
wdym missed the schedule time ??? I requested an ext to Thursday (ext was granted) cuz it was the earliest day I could have get this game done.
IMG_4717.png

Are we just making things up now or did you not provide full screenshots of scheduling?

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Shiloh told me she could play after « Tuesday 10am-7 » so I gave him a time when I was available and put the day in my extension post.

I didn't think there was a problem as Shiloh never showed up either after the post or on Tuesday (if that's what they understood).
I can understand that the situation doesn't seem clear to me, but Shiloh never wanted to play this match. If theyd told me we had to play on Tuesday, I would have taken it upon myself to accept, as I can understand the misunderstanding.

Since none of this has been done, I've taken into account the schedule I indicated in my extension post.
This is really flimsy logic. shiloh mentioned Tuesday ("anytime tues after 10am-7") explicitly when scheduling with you, which you agreed to. You both missed this. There's nothing more to this. The match has been flipped.

1686921891876.png

New matchup:
shiloh vs egalvanc

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Shiloh told me she could play after « Tuesday 10am-7 » so I gave him a time when I was available and put the day in my extension post.
You guys literally agreed to a time on Tuesday in the screenshot.

Construing “anytime Tues after 10am -7” as Thursday is baffling. Assuming you’re post asking for an extension until Thursday, when you did not schedule for Thursday, grants you activity at a time you did not schedule for is baffling as well.

There is no logic that tracks here. This is not and never has been now scheduling works.

Edit: thanks Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)