The Rains of Castamere; A Neverused Rain Team

Hello, my name is Donphantastic, Ironborn on PS, and this is my second RMT.
I recently started playing more NU instead of UU, and have made quite a few teams since then, some more succesful than others. After trying my luck at some of the more conventional cores, a gimmicky baton pass team, and some other things, i came up with this team:

Pyp (Electrode) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Pyp is my secondary Rain dance user, and doubles up as an amazing sweeper if i can pass a tail glow to him. The sash is mainly because i don't like Life Orb on a boosting sweeper, and if he doesn't have a tail glow he is only useful for rain dance and he won't be OHKO'ing things with a life orb anyways. I went for thunder over T-Bolt because i raraly sweep with him withoutrain up, and if i do the two other moves are generally enough (and if not 70% hit chance is a risk i'm prepared to take).

Samwell (Volbeat) (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Sam is the main supporter of the team, as he helps Jeor and Pyp steamroll through things. My basic strategy is to lead with Sam, and according to how threatening the situation is either switch out to something bulkier, suicide a rain dance and bring Jeor in, or set up Substitute, rain dance, and tail glow and switch out to Pyp for a possible full sweep.

Jeor (Beartic) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Jeor is my lategame sweeper (although sometimes i use him early game to punch some holes and then switch out when the rain ends). I went for max speed/Jolly and SD because of the rain, which will be up most of the time.
This is very convenient with Aqua Jet, giving me Peudo-STAB under rain. Icicle Crash and Superpower have nice coverage, rounding off his moveset.
The Life Orb is for when i don't have time to set up a Swords Dance, and ned to hit something hard immediately.

Rhaegar (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor

Rhaegar is my Hazard spreader/Spinner, and also hits decently hard. I went for swift swim because this is a rain team and Battle Armor is a pretty bad ability. Although the speed isn't that big a deal, it can always come in handy against an unwary opponent. EV's let him double up as a decent Physical Wall, although his defensive typing is pretty awful and he has no recovery outside of lefty's.

Meera (Ludicolo) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SAtk / 104 SDef
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Meera is on this team for a couple of reasons: First, she can take special attacks; secon, she is my main answer to swift swim sweepers who try to abuse my rain dance for their own sweep. Third, most people run a sweeper Ludicolo on rain teams, so she can be a nasty surprise for people who expect
a much more offensive spread.

Pyat Pree (Haunter) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Pyat is on this team mainly to give me one more good sweeper that's not dependant on rain. I can either use him to revenge kill, or try to pass a tail glow when all the normal types are eliminated and Sam is still alive.
With a tail glow there is not much that can take a Shadow Ball, and if i get a substitute in as well it's pretty much GG.

As you can see my team is quite offensive, mainly because i believe it's more fun and i don't like long stall wars. Please Rate my Team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)