The Return of...Typhlosion! (RU)

I NEED BRUTAL HONESTY!
This is a revamp of my old team, with lots of changes.
The Team

Ridley (Aerodactyl) ( will possibly be replaced) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock (looking to replace)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Standard Sash Aero. I really want to replace SR with something. Ridley is usually a Sash attacker, often netting some surprise Revenge Kills. He often takes out slower threats to my Typhlosion. The reason I put him up as a candidate for replacement is the fact that he's kind of a specific Pokè and his job of setting Rocks up is already done by Musaea. Ridley originally had a Life Orb.

Big Joe (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall

IT'S GATR TIME!!! It's the standard physical sweeping 'Gatr. He's basically the physical equivalent to Typhlosion. He's well-known among the ranks of my team for Crunching those ghastly spinblockers. Big Joe used to have Dragon Claw, but Crunch was suggested over it by Magcargo 2.

Phalloides (Amoonguss) (M) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Phalloides is the rookie of the team. He is my bulky sleep inducer. His 100% accurate Spore is truly valuable in helping him squeeze out of stalemate situations.

Musaea (Uxie) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Gentle Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Musaea is my almost guaranteed SR and dual screens. She functions as an immensely bulky mixed wall. This girl/boy/thing is is just-just... I can't even describe what a godsend this thing is. Its dual screens are vital in giving my good ol' Typhlosion safe passage onto the field. Uxie replaced Cresselia when she was banned.

Frosted Flake (Cryogonal) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Haze

One day, back when I was still n00by (although I'm nowhere near great yet.), I realized spin support was mandatory, not just incredibly useful, for my team. Frosted Flake was the best spinner in the tier for my playstyle. His duty is simple: Spin, then try dealing as much possible damage to his opponent possible, then Recover, and repeat

Axel (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

This is it, behold the wonder that is Typhlosion, the basis of this team. He is my special sweeper and wallbreaker. This guy is truly one of the most underrated Pokes in the current meta, I mean a 150 BP STAB, boosted by Specs? Ridiculous! The reason he is overlooked is probably the fact that he needs some team support (spin support is most vital) but you can easily work around that.

Old Members
Pedoberry (Tangela) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed

Pedoberry is my physical wall. He enjoys putting sweepers to sleep, then seeding them. He can take quite a few hits. He is also able to stall out threats like Bulk Up Life Orb Gallade with Giga Drain when needed. The reason he might be replaced is the fact that Amoongus gets the 100% accurate Spore: One Spore= Sleeping Beauty. That power is potentially gamebreaking, but it needs to hit in order to take effect. Tangela replaced my original Tangrowth, a suggestion from hathater.

Jeff (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

One day, back when I was still n00by (although I'm nowhere near great yet.), I realized spin support was mandatory, not just incredibly useful, for my team. Jeff was the best offensive spinner in the tier for my playstyle. His duty is simple: Spin, then try dealing as much possible damage to his opponent possible. This slot was originally occupied by Lexaeus, a Bouffalant, then a Durant of the same name, a Cryogonal named Frosted Flakes.

Other Details
  • I play on Pokemon Showdown.
Conclusion
This team was custom made for supporting Typhlosion, and it does the best I can manage to do so.

I see no real reason for using Tangela in RU, as you have Tangrowth. Tangrowth also kills Lanturn and Slowking, Typhlosion's 2 biggest counters. I would put in a Tank Tangrowth to take hits all day.
Next, Kabutops is a good Spinner, but a Special Wall would improve this team. I would put in Cryogonal to answer Sceptile and other Special Attackers.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Tangrowth is completely superior to Tangela in every applicable way. Just use standard Tangrowth imo. As an alternative if you didn't like Tangrowth, you could use Amoonguss who works in a similar fashion. As Bobbyvaporeon said, Cryogonal definitely fits your team better as a spinner and provides a special wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)