The Round Table

The Round Table

Wow… it’s been quite some time since I’ve posted here. Anyway… I’ve always liked playing more offensive teams, and this one is no exception. I knew my offensive play style was bolstered with the introduction of the latest entry hazard—sticky web. Starting from there, I recruited Aegislash and Greninja, two of the staple offensive Mons of this generation. Mixed Mega Garchomp had also caught my eye, so I decided I’d try it. From there, I had to deal with Garchomp’s biggest problem, the fact that his mega form has a mere 92 base speed. To fix that, I recruited Scoilipede, he who passes speed boosts. I also recruited Klefki of the priority T-Wave, but realized PHazing did a number on my baton pass subtheme, so I dismissed him for Espeon the deflector. But alas, Baton Pass, Espeon, and Smeargle sucked. In came Heatran, knight of internal fire and Rotom, knight of clean laundry. Together, they formed a solid defensive core that the prior team lacked. Genesect, the knight of the future, recognized the prowess of the Round Table and lent his shift gear sweeping talents. Without further ado, I present The Round Table.

In Depth

Heatran @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Overview: Heatran was put in here to counter Genesect, one of my worst enemies. He does the same stealth rock set up Smeargle did, but the knight of internal fire can also wall fairly well, and threaten and kill Pokemon, things Smeargle could never do. The spread gives him a lot of bulk.
Movest Explanation:
Flamethrower
- This is stronger than Lava Plume, and I already have a guaranteed burn move on the set. Flamethrower kills things like Genesect and Ferrothorn, and does a lot more damage than most other walls.
Stealth Rock - This move is still obligatory. It is the best entry hazard and controls the switching game like no other, and breaks sashes and prepares sweeps with the best of 'em.
Will-o-Wisp - This shuts down physical attackers like Mawile that I had struggled with in the past. It also is a good source of passive damage.
Rest - This is Heatran's only real of recovery move, and I decided to try it out. It gives Heatran a lot more bulk, and helps it wall better.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
Overview: Aegislash makes for a ferocious wallbreaker with a shocking amount of durability. The ability to switch between a mini Deoxys-A and Deoxy-D at will is incredible, effectively giving Aegislash 60/150/150/150/150/60 base stats and turning it into a deadly mixed attacker. The evs maximize power and bulk, as Aegislash is somewhat slow anyway.
Movest Explanation:
King’s Shield
– This is the trick to Aegislash really. It’s this move that switches forms, and it’s this move that scouts. As if the cake wasn’t enough, Gamefreak gave it some tasty icing in the form of lowering attack if a direct contact move is blocked.
Shadow Ball - This is Aegislash's main STAB, and it hits like a truck. The versatility of Aegislash's mixed STABs lets this and Iron Head tear any wall to pieces.
Shadow Sneak - Even though it isn't sweeping, priority is extremely important. It can pick off weakened Pokemon like Mamoswine and Azumarill, and can get in a pinch hit when needed.
Iron Head – I'd struggled with fairies a bit in the past, and this puts those to rest. Thanks to the steel nerf, Shadow Ball has incredible coverage, and this complements that nicely.

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 24 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 SDef/ 224Spe
Hasty Nature
-Shift Gear
-Iron Head
-Extremespeed
-Blaze Kick
Overview: Ah Genesect... the best scarfer in the.... wait this one isn't scarfed. Then I guess it tries to sweep with Rock Polish Shift Gear. I heard I needed a new sweeper, and this guy is so much better than Aegislash. After a single boost, he becomes terrifying. Download will often (as people usually suspect scarf) raise attack, acting as a free boost. The HP evs let the knight of the future take 11 life orb recoils rather than 10 and still outspeed positive natured 95 base speed pokemon prior to shift gear.
Movest Explanation:
Shift Gear - I remember first seeing this move when it was released and thinking "dear God this is insane. It is. +1 Atk and +2 Spe is usually enough to sweep a team.
Iron Head - This is the best STAB Genesect has, and it hurts a lot of Pokemon where it hurts, including pesky fairies. The only real holes it has in coverage are water and steel, but Genesect can manage
Extemespeed - When all else fails, kill them with priority. When that fails, kill them with faster priority. Extremespeed can pick off many a weakened Pokemon, and is an excellent neutral hit and way to deal with scarfers.
Blaze Kick - Because there is nothing smarter than for a robot to light itself on fire. On that note, this hits steels. Hard. When Genesect needs a super effective move, this is there, and it works well.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
Overview: Okay… perhaps Garchomp was pushed a bit. 108/90/90 defenses give it more bulk than Swampert, and 130/102 attack and speed let it kill large portions of teams. Unfortunately, Garchomp’s meager special attack leaves it vulnerable to physical walls… oh wait… that isn’t true? Meet Sir Pain, the one, the only, mixed Garchomp. Garchomp trades a little bit of speed for terrifying 170/120/92 attacking stats. Garchomp can also bluff being not mega until the time is right, putting up a good illusion.
Movest Explanation:
Stone Edge
– Stone Edge is coverage plain and simple. It kills things like Mandibuzz that otherwise annoy Garchomp. It also gets a sand force boost, if I run into any fat hippos or rock lizards.
Earthquake – This is Garchomp’s other STAB, and it puts a huge dent into anything that doesn’t resist it. It also gets a sand force boost, which can make it terrifyingly powerful.
Draco Meteor – Draco Meteor is a huge surprise for Hippowdon, Slowbro and friends that expect to blank an outrage. This move will cripple physical walls to the point that they are incompetent and easy to destroy.
Fire Blast – This hurts Skarmory and Ferrothorn a lot more than Fire Fang could ever dream to. This puts a huge dent in Garchomp’s normal counters.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
Overview: Rotom is surprisingly bulky, and puts that bulk to good use with its ability to switch in on many threats. It also forms a defensive core with Heatran and an offensive core with Greninja, leaving it with a very versatile role in the team that it fulfills magnificently.
Movest Explanation:
Volt Switch
- We all know the volt-turn strategies introduced last generation. They were excellent at keeping momentum and dealing damage, and the volt-turn core of Rotom and Greninja do similar. The ability to keep momentum and scout for switches makes it worth running over thunderbolt.
Hydro Pump - Hydro Pump is that other STAB, but it hits some dangerous things like Landorus and Heatran that need to be... well... killed. It packs a huge punch, which is always worth mentioning.
Pain Split - This is Rotom's healing move of choice. Not only does it heal Rotom, but it can cripple walls for things like Garchomp or Aegislash to clean up.
Will-o-Whisp - This is another move to cripple physical attackers. I'm thinking of replacing it with T-Wave though.. thoughts?

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
Overview: Greninja is really only good for protean, but that ability makes it a beast. Nothing is better than STAB anyting and the ability to change types several times over the course of a battle. The 4 evs in attack and the hasty nature make sure U-Turn has a bit of bite to it, and the other evs are standard for a special sweeper.
Movest Explanation:
Dark Pulse
– I’ve mentioned several times how ghost benefits from the steel nerf, but dark does as well. Dark Pulse now has excellent coverage, and can tear through many Pokémon.
Surf – This is Greninja’s standard STAB move. It was chosen over Hydro Pump for its accuracy (after all, what is a knight that misses his swings), and still does a considerable amount of damage.
U-Turn – U-Turn is a huge tempo move that can scout for switches and keep Greninja safe. U-Turn really just does the same great things it did last generation.
Ice Beam – Ice is a great attacking type, hitting dragons, shrubberies, and Vultures. Ice is a crummy defensive type, so this move is best used when it kills something.

There we go... feel free to rate away.
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 252 Spd / 32 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Get moving sprites.

Serebii for non moving sprites.
PKParasio for moving Aegislash.
Pokestadium for the first bunch of sprites.
Liquidocelot for suggesting mixed Aegislash.
aPandaCub for the recommendation of Magic Coat on Smeargle and Life Orb on Greninja.
Srn9130 for flat out telling me that Espeon and SD Aegislash suck.
All others who took time to rate.
Gamefreak for making "perma wheather" abilities last only 5 turns.
You for reading.

Last edited:
Im just gonna make this short because im on my phone but dont use swords dance aeig its too predictable and wont sweep very often so in stead use muxed aeigslash with shadow ball shadow sneak kings shield filler as its the better set and you will do more damage with it.

Im just gonna make this short because im on my phone but dont use swords dance aeig its too predictable and wont sweep very often so in stead use muxed aeigslash with shadow ball shadow sneak kings shield filler as its the better set and you will do more damage with it.
I've actually swept quite a few teams with Aegislash. If it starts getting stifled, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the reply.

I feel like putting a Life Orb on Greninja is a much better choice than leftovers. Of course you like longevity, but you're also playing an offensive team, where the goal is quick and utter destruction of the opposition. Life orb makes you an unstoppable monster, basically only stopped by Blissey, Eviolite Chansey, AV Goodra, and SpD Rotom. Maybe a few others to, I don't know. Defog on Smeargle is also slightly redundant, why put all that hard work to set down hazards and then remove them yourself? Not to mention that Thundurus completely shuts down Smeargle and can set up all over it. I know you have Espeon, but she won't appreciate taking a T-Bolt to the face. Not to mention you need great prediction to make it work. Maybe you try to come in on a taunt, but end up taking a T-bolt instead.

Putting Magic Coat on Smeargle instead of Defog would not only deflect taunt, but also any other hazard user. If done on an incoming Thundurus taunt, you basically taunt the Thundurus, and can get then get off a free spore or stealth rock/sticky web. However, if the opponent leads of with a faster mon, and sets up a sub on your Smeargle, your kind of screwed. Also Infernape will make Smeargle cry, but thats what Espeon is for I suppose. In conclusion though, Magic Coat is pretty much your best bet for your fourth moveslot. It all comes down to whether the opponent knows you run it or not, and if he or she knows, they can go for a T-Bolt instead of taunt and ruin your day.

Yeah no problem. Just beware the odd Perish Song here and there, as well as predicting roars and whirlwinds. Infiltrator Noivern or anything with Boomburst, or Hypervoice may be a problem if you don't have enough speed or power.

Yeah no problem. Just beware the odd Perish Song here and there, as well as predicting roars and whirlwinds. Infiltrator Noivern or anything with Boomburst, or Hypervoice may be a problem if you don't have enough speed or power.
Wow... Noivern seems a little threatening. I need to get better at abusing Espeon to take care of whirlwind. I updated the OP with your suggestions. They have worked exceedingly well.

EDIT: Exportable is in for those who are into that kind of stuff.

Looks nice. On the subject of Espeon, I would try a 172 HP/84 De split, as its Special Bulk is all ready stellar, so it could use a little beef in the physical department. That kick will let it function better as a wall. Also, have you considered running Swords Dance>Fire Blast on Garchomp? The coverage between dragon, rock, and ground is already stellar, so to maximize sweeping power, I would put that on to set up from behind a sub.
That's all.

Looks nice. On the subject of Espeon, I would try a 172 HP/84 De split, as its Special Bulk is all ready stellar, so it could use a little beef in the physical department. That kick will let it function better as a wall. Also, have you considered running Swords Dance>Fire Blast on Garchomp? The coverage between dragon, rock, and ground is already stellar, so to maximize sweeping power, I would put that on to set up from behind a sub.
That's all.
The Espeon idea is interesting, but he's not much of a wall and I don't know of any KOs that will prevent. Garchomp is disgusting; he doesn't need swords dance and fire blast hits normal switch ins like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Thanks for the reply.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hey, got the request, so I'll try to rate this team

So from what I understand, you're trying to sweep with aegislash. Which makes me very sad. It makes me very very sad. I was under the suspicion that people had realized what was so bad about SD+KS aegislash and had finally realized the potential of a mixed set. Oh well.

I would like to bring into attention that espeon seems to be doing nothing important. It has little to no reason behind its current set, and I have no idea what to do with it. But lets move onto the main problem.

Once I remove SD+KS aegislash, the team loses its goal (which was a horrible one to start with) and then its just a bunch of random pokemon. It's like asking how to improve a cake that used salt instead of sugar; you can fancy it up however much you want with the finest ingredients, but it will still taste really bad. SD+KS sucks, but that's what the team is based around, so I can't do much to change it.

I'm sorry I can't do much, but I would recommend changing your win-condition. SD+KS is just not a solid pokemon and if you think that he's good, you really need to try some monsters like SD mega pinsir or DD mega charizard x. I realize I'm asking you to change your entire team yourself, and I'm doing absolutely nothing, but seriously, there are sweepers out there that do aegislash's job SOOO much better.

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to do anything, but really, this team goes so much further if you can just remove SD+KS aegislash, but I can't remake the goal of the team myself, that's something you have to do. So yeah, >SD+KS aegislash

Hey, got the request, so I'll try to rate this team

So from what I understand, you're trying to sweep with aegislash. Which makes me very sad. It makes me very very sad. I was under the suspicion that people had realized what was so bad about SD+KS aegislash and had finally realized the potential of a mixed set. Oh well.

I would like to bring into attention that espeon seems to be doing nothing important. It has little to no reason behind its current set, and I have no idea what to do with it. But lets move onto the main problem.

Once I remove SD+KS aegislash, the team loses its goal (which was a horrible one to start with) and then its just a bunch of random pokemon. It's like asking how to improve a cake that used salt instead of sugar; you can fancy it up however much you want with the finest ingredients, but it will still taste really bad. SD+KS sucks, but that's what the team is based around, so I can't do much to change it.

I'm sorry I can't do much, but I would recommend changing your win-condition. SD+KS is just not a solid pokemon and if you think that he's good, you really need to try some monsters like SD mega pinsir or DD mega charizard x. I realize I'm asking you to change your entire team yourself, and I'm doing absolutely nothing, but seriously, there are sweepers out there that do aegislash's job SOOO much better.

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to do anything, but really, this team goes so much further if you can just remove SD+KS aegislash, but I can't remake the goal of the team myself, that's something you have to do. So yeah, >SD+KS aegislash
Thanks for the reply. I switched Aegislash to the mixed set, and he is a lot more consistent. He's not sweeping teams, but he's never dead weight. I tried Shift Gear Genesect as a sweeper, and he is awesome. Any comments on the new team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)