The RU Open IV - Finals - [Won by Mazar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
i'm a straight kevin cronin lmao

my narration and editing skills will improve with time bros, i swear

e: also, if the finalists would mind keeping me in the know as to when you're playing, i'd love you
you removed the vid brah :(

thanks for recording though!

Mazar

Banned deucer.
HJAD and I will play at Tuesday 9 PM GMT+1. He is not at home until Monday, so we had to schedule a bit later. Sorry Oglemi.

Anyways I really hope I can end this outstanding Grand Slam run with an Open-win. It was lots of fun and I absolutely liked to play my opps and especially to make a lot of new friends. Let the better player win this!

lost in 3 ggs, congrats mazar

g1-hax made things easier, but i had the upperhand throughout the entire match i felt
g2-was "haxed" out of this one because of ant missing iron head, it had t-fang for qwilfish at the time, althought it doesnt excuse my misplay at the end with fletch
g3-eh, he had mons i didnt have anything for (see: phys def calm mind slowking with a colbur berry) i thought i had a chance at the end with cm virizion, i had to bank on houndoom not being scarf or not having sucker punch, a pretty much zero chance, but he played his superior matchup well and deserved to win

my RU guys: Killintime Poliwrath Ping_Pong_Along galbia Punchshroom atomicllamas Kingler12345 Brick Small. Ren-chon
i could never have gotten as far as i did without the help of these guys, i appreciate each and every one of your individiual contributions, you guys are the brains behind the brawn and i only regret not clicking acro with fletch to secure the win in g2 for you guys.

my moral support squad :D: Kushalos -> sorry fren, looks like my luck (and skill to an extent) conked out here, would have been a fun series should i have gotten to play you too! Quite Quiet the motivator, you should try taking it up bud. Teddeh the teacher, made me a better player over the past 3-4 months single handedly, a god on steriods imo. shadestep i love you bby, its not over for us :] Deej Dy where were you when i needed my 80% accurate move to hit ;] come back i miss you SilverReaper21 guinea pig :3 awesome character you are (And battler too ;])
@all the people in the PU Room, cba for individual shoutouts, but you guys inspire confidence in me and are genuinely the nicest people to be around when i come on, you know who you are :]
The guys in the NU room, ditto, but you guys inspire my individual performance, you guys are proper battlers with proper skill, thanks for being better than i am and pushing me to become better myself

shame the journey had to end here, but on the positives, i found a brand new (and extremely cool) tier to get myself obsessed with and made several bridges with several people getting here.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
GGs HJAD & Kushalos, you both had a great open, hope to play you too again someday.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-104948
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-104960
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-104971

I was rly rly frustrated during g2 after losing g1 by hax and misplaying + misclicking + using a sample team (because it had good matchup against all of his previous teams + Malamar always wins).. Finally I remembered soTsoT always complaining about Durant not missing, so I just had one chance and got it. Then I got a rly little chance of living Fletch Acrobatics and he didnt even go for it. I was like "OMG OMG". At the end I won G3 by playing the probably most fun team I built for HJAD (out of 10, lol).

Thanks Oglemi for hosting and also thank you RU for being a really cool tier I learned with all of its people. Shoutout here for fran17 and MrAldo. I never talked to you guys before yesterday and both of you have so cool posts in RU forum. I got crazy cool ideas from reading your posts.

BIG Shoutouts to my frens Scythe. and esca helping me with teams. Esca in beginning, later Scythe and for the last match all on myself. Also thanks tehy that you gave me your stall team, but I wasnt in the mood to use it, sorry.

Also thanks Steve Angello, Diogo, Ice Tea, BlackBloodz .. although it was quite rare with some of you, i wanted to shoutout you guys because you helped me with testing. PS: I didnt win one tryout against Steve Angello (bar those with hax). I guess this might push his ego ;]

And Mael. I know you dont expect to be here, but you are the person who gave me like one year ago those three RU-Teams (including Tauros Normal Spam) and brought me to Lower Tiers. Although OU is my home for a while now, without you I wouldnt play this open. Sad we dont talk to each other anymore. GL in SPL, i'm sure you are probably one of the best and underrated picks (cuz you never signed up for SPL from what I heard).

Last shoutout to friends in private rooms and ppl who always believed in me.
(If you were not in one of those above and should be included in tryouts, you are definitely here!)

Sorry for prob bad english n_n

Last edited:
a terrible commentary on a series w/two players than use the term "fren" non-ironically to come to light in the near future. congrats to all the players that got to this stage, and ofc mazar for grabbing all the marbles, it was certainly an interesting open

tehy

Banned deucer.
oh well, i was going to tell you Sigilyph would be good on it too

frankly i wasn't happy with my team so good thing you didn't use it, congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)