Welcome back everyone to the largest RU Tournament, the RU Open, ready to present its 9th iteration! Its been a while since the previous Grand Slam iteration where Adaam proved everyone to be on top of the Gen7 lower tiers, but with a new gen it shall prove to be a very exciting beginning, with a lot of competition to see if he can retain the trophy. You are all welcome to give it a try to win it all!
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Grand Slam rules can be found here.
- Standard SS RU.
- Best-of-three, single elimination.
- Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
- SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
- Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- Timed Battle
- Team Preview
1. Contact your opponent as soon as possible when round 1 happens. Activity is gonna be hella strict due to the amount of people that generally join this tournament.
2. When scheduling, try offering more than just 1 option for a day to play. If you can play only 30 minutes on a specific day of the week, then wouldnt recommend signing up.
3. Be as specific as possible at the moment of scheduling. "Sunday morning" or "After dinner" or "Whenever I see you online" wont cut it if you want to make an activity appeal. Specific date, put an array of hours where you are available for those days, and please put your timezone. What is a timezone?
4. Please no ghosting. Im a snitch so I will investigate and comment to the TD team if something shady seems to be happening.
And thats it. Feel free to ask any questions regarding the tournament or what you need to do get anything. Mistakes can happen, absolutely, but rest assured I will do my best to keep stuff as fluent as possible. If you want or need the confirmation of a TD regarding anything regarding a decision or something going on with the tournament feel free to do so.
Finchinator vs Santu
High Impulse vs Meru
Roseybear vs Portrait or Ruin
Marshall.Law vs TDK
KingKdot vs KW
watashi vs kluby
odr vs robjr
Confide vs Yggdrasil60
Decem vs snaga
Lopunny Kicks vs ToastedBunzzz02
TheTacoMan vs Forsendi
kythr vs dahli
Extension Deadline is August 6th at 2:00 AM GMT -5
Round Deadline is August 9th at 11:59 PM GMT -5
Great job reaching this far everyone. Have fun!