Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Game: White 2
I can't trade.
Medium
Scramblemon can't be a starter or a Magikarp.
I don't know B/W 2 very well but I know it well enough to know that you are using Sugar the Emolga!
Sugar isn't one to stick around very long so it must be switched or VoltSwitch out on your 5th turn in battle. (you may switch back in after 3 turns)(if it is your last usable poke you may bypass this rule)
You must also have at least 2 STAB moves on Sugar at any given time.
Finally Sugar must solo the first member of the Elite four of your choice (You may void the 5 turn rule to do this)
And if you do you can nullify all requirements on Sugar for the rest of the challenge.

Gl and Hf!

Game: White 2
I can't trade.
Medium
Scramblemon can't be a starter or a Magikarp.
Take Toxic the Koffing. Koffing doesn't want to dirty itself by hitting another pokemon, so it can only KO foes through residual damage, and may not use Explosion or Self-Destruct ever.

Solo Skyla without poisoning any of her pokemon (you can get Will-o-Wisp via TM beforehand). If you succeed on your first try, you can now use any move (but you still have to KO through residual damage). If fail on your first try, you may no longer use any move that deals direct damage. Either way, you can evolve upon successfully soloing Skyla.

At the E4, Toxic must solo Marshall without using a direct attack.

Platinum Scramble Update #3

So Team Galactic runs off from Valley Windworks and I'm finally free to move on from Floaroma Town. I start up Route 205 after healing my party and take on the trainers here. I'm still leading with Simba, and it's working really well to use him and switch to have Tellus take all the Ground-type attacks. Most of the time I just left Simba in and as a result, she reached level 21 in Eterna forest! So I am finally able to not cancel her evolution and witness the power of Luxio. The restriction now is that she may not switch out, so it seems to me like the worst restrictions have passed.

I also am able to switch train Asp again, so I go back to doing that while going through Eterna forest with Cheryl. She gives me the Soothe Bell once we make it through, as if constantly healing my pokemon wasn't thanks enough. I give it to Simba, because Wynaut, and move on to Eterna City. I know coming up that Simba won't be too much help in the Eterna gym, so I focus on leveling Tellus by taking on the gym trainers. He learns Bite at level 22, and I go challenge Gardenia.

She proves to be a bit tougher than I thought, even without any active restrictions. Her own Turtwig seems set on walling me with Reflect, seeing as it can't do anything to Tellus, but I set up two Curses and eventually take it out. Cherrim bows out fairly quickly as well, and I don't even get to see it's Sunshine Forme. Roserade is a nice challenge, and even with two Curses, Bite is only a 3HKO. She paralyzes me, although Tellus doesn't mind that as it's better than being poisoned. Fortunately, the best Roserade can do is Poison Sting me and Tellus eventually outlasts the Roserade and takes it out as well.

Tellus the Grotle, Lv. 23
@ Quick Claw
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
- Bite
- Curse
- Razor Leaf
- Rock Smash
Comments: Definite MVP again, putting in all the work against Gardenia and most of her gym. The Quick Claw has not been as helpful as I had hoped, but I might as well keep it on.

Simba the Luxio, Lv. 22
@ Soothe Bell
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Rash
- Roar
- Bite
- Charge
- Spark
Comments: Despite evolving, Simba just wasn't too useful this episode. She was nice against the fishing trainers, but not much else.

Asp the Abra, Lv. 18
@ nothing
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Careful
- Teleport
-
-
-
Comments: Pretty much the same as last time. I was able to get a bit more switch training with him, at least. I have a good plan for Asp, but I'll save that for next time.

Challanges for DarkMilotic and Scherzo.
And what's with all the Magikarp hating?

Scherzo Take Columbidae the Pidove, this Pidove likes to make itself sound fancy by using longer and exotic sounding words, despite having only the faintest grasp of what they actually mean.

All of it's attacks must be either 8 letters long or two words.
Columbidae must solo Drayden as he has the longest name (and therefore sounds fancier than any other gym leader.)

DarkMilotic Take Habakkuk the Bergmite.

Habukkak is based on (guess what) Project Habakkuk, the (ideally) indestructible aircraft carrier made of wood pulp and ice, no I'm not kidding.

As an aircraft carrier, Habakkuk may not attack any Flying type Pokemon. It must solo Wikstrom to prove that Ice is a superior defensive type than Steel. Habakkuk was supposed to be bulletproof after all.

Good luck to you both.

Last edited:
What's with all the Magikarp hating indeed? As of defeating the Elite Four on my Yellow Scramble, Random was my MVP! And guess what species he was when I got him. Yup, he was a Magikarp. (Of course, he's a Gyarados now.)

Scherzo, I'm going to send you off with Destiny the Umbreon.
You catch it in Castelia City, and you can only use the first one you catch! After all, you were destined to meet. As an Eevee, it loves to mess around, so it must use a stat-lowering move (e.g. Growl, Sand Attack) once before any attack. Once it evolves into Umbreon, however, it decides that it has had enough of using foolish stat moves, and it chooses to follow it's nature:

If it's nature boosts Defense or Special Defense (Bold, Impish, Lax, Relaxed, Calm, Gentle, Careful, or Sassy): It realizes that wasting time lowering stats is getting it nowhere, and that it must play to it's strengths: defeating foes with passive damage. It should strive to damage foes by using status (such as Toxic or Confuse Ray), and may not attack with moves with greater than 60 Base Power.

If it's nature boosts Attack or Special Attack (Adamant, Lonely, Naughty, Brave, Modest, Mild, Rash, or Quiet): It realizes that it rather than lowering it's foes stats, it should be straight-out attacking them! From that point on, it may only use moves that cause direct damage to the foe. Those kinds of moves may not be it's strongest suit, but you can't fight destiny!

If it's nature boosts Speed (Jolly, Hasty, Timid, or Naive): It wishes it had evolved into a Jolteon so it could be as fast as it wants to be. Therefore, it must always keep Quick Attack, and should try to use it to defeat any foe. It also limits itself to using any moves that Jolteon can learn. It's destiny was the Thunderstone, but it was let down :(

If it's nature does nothing (Quirky, Bashful, Serious, Hardy, Docile): It's destiny is not set. Choose your favorite from the options above!

No matter it's destiny, it wishes to solo at least one Gym Leader of your choice, because thats what Scramblemons do.

(If you really dislike one of the options, you can get one re-try, but that spoils the fun!). Have fun!

NOW, while I'm at it, I'd like to request a scramble of my own, as it's been a while since I've done one. I'll be playing on Red version. Rules are simple, as follows:
1. Try to avoid repeating types. I know that can be kind of hard, but at least try to not give me the same Pokemon twice (e.g. I'd rather not have Raticate and Persian together, but having both Nidoqueen and Victreebel is fine).
2. Make it hard, but not extreme. I'd like a challenge (preferably something like a gauntlet), but I'd rather not pull my own hair out.
3. Get creative! Be sure to include a nickname, and if you'd like, some kind of story to go with it. I'm considering writing along with this challange, so it'd be nice. I won't reject a mon for lack of story, but I'll be your #1 fan if you come up with something interesting!
4. Besides banned mons from the basic Scramble rules, I don't want to use any of the following mons: Squirtle line, Bellsprout line, Drowzee line, Vulpix line, Nidoran(Female) line, or Spearow line (I think Bellsprout and Vulpix are exclusive to Blue anyways, but can't hurt to say it anyways).

That's it! I look forward to seeing what you all give me!

Tyranitarphantom, take Rotten Egg the Exeggcute.

Rotten Egg is exactly that - a rotten egg.

* Rotten Egg's moveset must be as follows:
Poisonpowder OR Toxic
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Selfdestruct OR Explosion

* Solo Koga.

As with all of the Scrambles I give, if this is too easy or too hard, please let me know!

NOW, while I'm at it, I'd like to request a scramble of my own, as it's been a while since I've done one. I'll be playing on Red version. Rules are simple, as follows:
1. Try to avoid repeating types. I know that can be kind of hard, but at least try to not give me the same Pokemon twice (e.g. I'd rather not have Raticate and Persian together, but having both Nidoqueen and Victreebel is fine).
2. Make it hard, but not extreme. I'd like a challenge (preferably something like a gauntlet), but I'd rather not pull my own hair out.
3. Get creative! Be sure to include a nickname, and if you'd like, some kind of story to go with it. I'm considering writing along with this challange, so it'd be nice. I won't reject a mon for lack of story, but I'll be your #1 fan if you come up with something interesting!
4. Besides banned mons from the basic Scramble rules, I don't want to use any of the following mons: Squirtle line, Bellsprout line, Drowzee line, Vulpix line, Nidoran(Female) line, or Spearow line (I think Bellsprout and Vulpix are exclusive to Blue anyways, but can't hurt to say it anyways).

Take Tostada the Chansey
Now, Tostada has just finished Guacamelee and now wants to live her dreams as a luchador just like in the game. To do this, she must only use moves that sound like a wrestler's moves. She dreams of winning the title belt, and thus must solo the Fighting Dojo AND Bruno, the current world champ.

Ooh, how fun!

You get Chansey 2.0 the <INSERT MON HERE>.

Yes, that's right. You get to actually pick the mon in question. There are, however, a set of restrictions on the mons you can pick, as this is, after all, going to be Chansey 2.0.

-Must have an HP stat Base 90 or greater. Diglett obviously cannot emulate Chansey.
-Must have a Special stat between 75 and 110 (inclusive). Also may not have an attack stat greater than 90.
-Must actually be able to learn at least four special attacks (a Special stat is useless without the movepool to back it up).
-May not be legendary (I don't think any legendaries actually fit the above descriptions but just in case).
-May not be another mon you are already using in this scramble (obvious but I'll just put it here).

(In case you were wondering, the list of mons you can choose: Nidoqueen, Dewgong, Clefable, Slowbro, Lapras, Chansey)

Now, since this mon wants to follow in Chansey's footsteps (and even prove it is superior), it wants to have a very precise moveset:
-A recovery move must occupy its first slot. Rest counts, so if you don't have a recovery move other than Rest you have to put Rest here.
-Ice Beam must occupy its second slot.
-For the third and fourth slot, choose two of Counter, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave. Lapras may put a STAB move in the last slot since it only gets Thunderbolt out of these three moves. Dewgong may choose between two of Surf, Toxic, and Horn Drill.

It must lead every battle with Ice Beam. Against Normal-type and Fighting-type Pokemon, it must use Counter if it has it. Against opponents with Base 100 Speed or more, it must use Thunder Wave if it has it. Finally, if it falls below 33% of its health, it must use its healing move. It may not use items in-battle.

So basically this mon is going to be a better version of Chansey. And what better way to do so than to solo all Psychic-types? Of course, this is unless they are being soloed by someone else, and it includes wild Pokemon as well. Also, solo Sabrina. And for extra incentive, if you chose Nidoqueen, you don't have to do the Sabrina solo, and if you chose Slowbro, you must solo all Electric-types as well. When you get to the Elite Four, it has to face down the ultimate test--solo two of Lapras, Jynx, Gengar, and Exeggutor.

Ooh, how fun!

You get Chansey 2.0 the <INSERT MON HERE>.

Yes, that's right. You get to actually pick the mon in question. There are, however, a set of restrictions on the mons you can pick, as this is, after all, going to be Chansey 2.0.

-Must have an HP stat Base 90 or greater. Diglett obviously cannot emulate Chansey.
-Must have a Special stat between 75 and 110 (inclusive). Also may not have an attack stat greater than 90.
-Must actually be able to learn at least four special attacks (a Special stat is useless without the movepool to back it up).
-May not be legendary (I don't think any legendaries actually fit the above descriptions but just in case).
-May not be another mon you are already using in this scramble (obvious but I'll just put it here).

(In case you were wondering, the list of mons you can choose: Nidoqueen, Dewgong, Clefable, Slowbro, Lapras, Chansey)

Now, since this mon wants to follow in Chansey's footsteps (and even prove it is superior), it wants to have a very precise moveset:
-A recovery move must occupy its first slot. Rest counts, so if you don't have a recovery move other than Rest you have to put Rest here.
-Ice Beam must occupy its second slot.
-For the third and fourth slot, choose two of Counter, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave. Lapras may put a STAB move in the last slot since it only gets Thunderbolt out of these three moves. Dewgong may choose between two of Surf, Toxic, and Horn Drill.

It must lead every battle with Ice Beam. Against Normal-type and Fighting-type Pokemon, it must use Counter if it has it. Against opponents with Base 100 Speed or more, it must use Thunder Wave if it has it. Finally, if it falls below 33% of its health, it must use its healing move. It may not use items in-battle.

So basically this mon is going to be a better version of Chansey. And what better way to do so than to solo all Psychic-types? Of course, this is unless they are being soloed by someone else, and it includes wild Pokemon as well. Also, solo Sabrina. And for extra incentive, if you chose Nidoqueen, you don't have to do the Sabrina solo, and if you chose Slowbro, you must solo all Electric-types as well. When you get to the Elite Four, it has to face down the ultimate test--solo two of Lapras, Jynx, Gengar, and Exeggutor.
Just as really small nitpick but in generation 1 you can't use numbers in nicknames which means the Pokemon can't be named Chansey 2.0.

Tyranitarphantom Since you don't want Squirtle, and you've already gotten a Grass Type, looks like you're stuck with, Wyrm the Charizard.

Unfortunately, without access to a Mega Stone, Wyrm has been cursed to live the life of a Fire/Flying type (not that it's such a big deal, pre Stealth Rock). However, this doesn't mean it's giving up its dream of being a Dragon type.

Wyrm may know Dragon Rage (TM 23 Celadon City Game Corner, 3300 coins, which should cost 66 000 Pokedollars, I think.) Entirely optional.
But, if you don't teach him Dragon Rage, then he has to solo the entirety of Lance come the e4.
With Dragon Rage, he only needs to solo the Dragonite.

Thinking he is blessed with the rather decent (but often overlooked) defensive typing that is Dragon, Wyrm must solo either: Misty (if you manage this one, Wyrm doesn't need to know Dragon Rage and only has to solo Lance's Dragonite), Lt. Surge, Erika (but no STAB moves allowed, you said hard) or Blaine.

He isn't allowed to participate in the Lorelei battle either, due to Dragon's weakness to Ice.

GL;HF
Too hard/to easy, let me know.

Tyranitarphantom, Take Houdini the Abra
-Must always know teleport in its moveset
-After 2 turns have passed, it must use teleport. If teleport fails (in a trainer battle), Houdini fails his trick and must spam teleport until fainting.
-May evolve after KO'ing 5 pokemon (via TM or Struggle)
-Once evolved, it may now add an extra turn to its counter every time it KO's a pokemon
-Must know only Confusion as a psychic move
-May evolve after learning Metrenome (via TM)(Must keep in moveset)
-May learn Recover after soloing Blaine's gym (Can be done as a Kadabra)
-May bypass the Confusion rule after soloing Gianovi's final battle with only Metrenome. The turn limit rule is canceled. Use PP items when low on PP.
(The Metrenome and Gianovi parts are optianal, but can be done to greatly improve Houndini's abilities)

Last edited:
Scramble update!

After a LOT of level grinding, I finally caught Zapdos! Now to catch Moltres and Mewtwo...

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Just caught Moltres. One more mon to go!

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I have a Scranble question that just doesn't fit in the last post.

One of Zod's restrictions is to solo the Cerulean Cave, not including Mewtwo. What I don't know is whether I'm allowed to avoid Cerulean Cave battles (either through Repel or running) or whether I have to fight all of them. I do know that all the Cerulean Cave battles I do fight I have to fight with Zod alone, but I do have that one question.

An answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sorry for the double post, but I have a Scranble question that just doesn't fit in the last post.

One of Zod's restrictions is to solo the Cerulean Cave, not including Mewtwo. What I don't know is whether I'm allowed to avoid Cerulean Cave battles (either through Repel or running) or whether I have to fight all of them. I do know that all the Cerulean Cave battles I do fight I have to fight with Zod alone, but I do have that one question.

An answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
It's probably best if the Challange giver explained what they meant, but generally you can just leave it up to your interpretation.

I would interpret it as "Solo any Pokemon you encounter (no running), if you don't encounter anything due to Repel so be it". But that's just my interpretation, and you could it interpret another way.

For reference I have a Hypno in my HeartGold Scramble that's supposed to use Rest in every 3rd battle, but it has the ability Insomnia, so I decided that as long as I try to use the move, it still counts, even though it's obviously not how the challange was intended to go.

It's probably best if the Challange giver explained what they meant, but generally you can just leave it up to your interpretation.

I would interpret it as "Solo any Pokemon you encounter (no running), if you don't encounter anything due to Repel so be it". But that's just my interpretation, and you could it interpret another way.

For reference I have a Hypno in my HeartGold Scramble that's supposed to use Rest in every 3rd battle, but it has the ability Insomnia, so I decided that as long as I try to use the move, it still counts, even though it's obviously not how the challange was intended to go.
Honestly, part of me was hoping that it would be something like that. This way I can, albeit due to grinding, keep the Scramble going for a bit longer, as Zod is nowhere near high enough level to handle the Cerulean Cave.

thewintersaint you can have DerRrRrp the Sentret. DeRrRrp(I will be referring to him as Derp from now on) thinks he is very derpy and so, tries to be both derpy and awesome. This means he must lead every battle with Dizzy Punch(which is awesome). 3 turns after using Dizzy Punch, he must use Defense Curl(more derp). He may evolve into Furret after soloing the N battle in Chargestone Cave(because N is both derpy and awesome, and so, N is Derp's idol). He must always know Foresight when possible and use it every other turn Derp is not using Dizzy Punch or Defense Curl. Also, he may not be used in areas where wild Corsola or Stunfisk are found, because they are both derpy and awesome and Derp has left to study with them. Gyms count as separate areas for this.
Oh, and trade evolutions in Blaze Black are done by the Covenant Ore(or was it Orb?)
So:
-DerRrRp the Sentret
-Must lead every battle with Dizzy Punch
-3 turns after he uses Dizzy Punch, he must use Defense Curl
-May evolve into Furret after soloing N in Chargestone Cave
-After learning Foresight, must use it every other turn he is not using Dizzy Punch or Defense Curl
-Cannot be used in areas where wild Stunfisk or Corsola are found
-Gyms count as separate areas for the above restriction
gl,hf!

Hey guys, I still haven´t played through my SoulSilver and Diamond game completely so I would take the chance before ORAS hits the stores to make a twin challenge.
Because both games are not my favorites when it comes to Pokemon choices. That´s why I would like to combine them to make it more enjoyable.

Please give me 6 Pokemon to catch in SoulSilver and 6 in Diamond, with hard and fun challenges with a lot of variety in between them.
Trading between those games is possible and shall be a major component of this twin challenge.

One thing to note: The first challenge rule is: No wild Pokemon may faint!
Please keep that in mind when giving out challenges :)

hard, take Wild the Piplup in your Diamond game. However, as his real challenge is in the SoulSilver game, trade him to SoulSilver immediately.

As quickly as you can, level Wild beyond the range where he will obey you. After all, he's a wild Pokemon. Keep him above that range whenever possible. Also, since he is wild, Wild may never faint.

Wild won't evolve until he trusts you. Solo Clair to evolve into Prinplup.

Once he evolves into Prinplup, Wild is no longer wild, so the fainting restriction is gone. However, there is a new restriction: he must learn both Surf and Waterfall. The other two moves can be anything.

Solo Misty to evolve into Empoleon. Have fun!

Duckie my PsyduckBro I love your idea!
Nevertheless we need to change it somehow. Obedience is increased very fast in SoulSilver with Lv. 20 after Falkner, Lv 30 after Bugsy and Lv 50 after Morty. And SoulSilver has no rebattle option until somewhat close before Claire, I roughly remember.
Maybe we can delay the trade until he has a higher Level (make him go wild after a certain experience in Diamond) and make the required Solo a bit earlier (possibly not after Morty because Lv 50 is nearly impossible to reach in this game).

Duckie my PsyduckBro I love your idea!
Nevertheless we need to change it somehow. Obedience is increased very fast in SoulSilver with Lv. 20 after Falkner, Lv 30 after Bugsy and Lv 50 after Morty. And SoulSilver has no rebattle option until somewhat close before Claire, I roughly remember.
Maybe we can delay the trade until he has a higher Level (make him go wild after a certain experience in Diamond) and make the required Solo a bit earlier (possibly not after Morty because Lv 50 is nearly impossible to reach in this game).
I like the idea of delaying the trade. And instead of making the required solos Clair for the first evolution and Misty for the second, let's make it Falkner for the first and Whitney for the second?

Cool so I would say this first challenge is our shared project and after that you can give me another whenever you feel like it :)

I have an idea for the delay:
At first Wild the Piplup wants to be a bird because he clearly looks like one and he does not understand how he could ever be a water type. To prove that, he refuses to use any Water typed moves.
Being proud of itself he must battle against every Trainer until he is in red health, afterwards it may switch to get healed but must return to battle ASAP, PP restoration is forbidden. Whenever Wild is forced to use Water typed moves because of this restriction, he looses his trust for you and runs away.

In fact he flies away to Johto where a kind trainer that does not know its true type will allow him to prove that he is a flying type. Because its a pride Pokemon it must be the highest leveled one in the team, must always go into battle first until he is in red health (this way it should always be above the obedience level for the short part until the second gym). To lift those effects and evolve, he must solo Bugsy, because well he is a bird ;)

Claire would be a good point to evolve into the Emperor Pokemon so I keep your original restriction. Maybe it would be cool to add some more move pool restrictions after the first solo and make him a true water Pokemon only after that second solo?

For the next challenges I also take pairs of Pokemon and Pokemon that will be traded more than once, like SoulSilver>Diamond>SoulSilver or even more. Im not restricted when it comes to trading and would love to use all features of both games and of trading (trade evolutions in late game are very nice as well :)

Btw is there a post where we see who still needs some scramble challenges?

Hard, take Magician the Cranidos for your Diamond run. Now,true to his name, he believes he got his Hogwart's letter when he went extinct, and upon being revived he is awaiting his trip to the school. So, until he's able to, he must use only Special and Status moves. I recommend getting a bunch of the beam TMs in Goldenrod from Voltorb Flipping and teaching them to the dinosaur. If not, you'll have to wait on some of these. In order to evolve, He'll need to stop Lord Voldemort, who is trapped in the body of 7 horcrux mons, all of which he must solo. The first is Youngster Austin's Chimchar. The second is Artist William's Mime Jr. The third is one of Cowgirl Shirlie's Bidoofs. You don't know which one, so he has to finish all of them off with him. Fourth is Rancher Marco's Girafarig.
Fifth is Ace Trainer Dennis' Gyarados, and it's clearly evil with how many lives it takes. The 6th horcrux is Ruin Maniac Hunter's Shieldon. The final horcrux is Beauty Cyndy's Glameow. With all of them defeated, you can take on your dreaded foe, Crasher Wake's precious Floatzel. Soloing the Lord Floatzelmort will allow for you to unlock your only physical skill allowed, Head Smash. Because brains is better than brawn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)