SS Ubers The shining stars

Maxomega

supra ludio
:afrostar: The Shining Stars :afrostar:

1604235671559.png
1604235718197.png

1604235375985.png

Hello everyone ! With the release of the Crown Tundra DLC, I wanted to build a team that would be able to handle most of the returning Pokemons, including the new one that is now well known: Calyrex Shadow Rider. Building the team was not that easy, going through a few days of improvement and testing. However, I have enjoyed playing this team all this time and I hope you will enjoy it too. So without any further ado, let's get into it!

Building process :
(a quick review of the team before describing the members of it one by one)

First of all, I started this team with Yveltal, who is for me the best answer to Calyrex Shadow Rider. This is the pillar that every team should have, since Calyrex Shadow Rider is a consistent threat in Ubers.

Then I added Necrozma-Dusk-Mane which works well with Yveltal, one can come on physical offensive threats and the other on special threats. In addition, it brings the Stealth Rocks, which are very useful at the moment, since many Flying types are played in the tier.

Because of the power of Kyogre, I found myself obliged to add Eternatus to the team. Otherwise, the team would have been completely overwhelmed by the torrent that Kyogre would have spilled.

At that moment I needed a Pokemon that could revenge kill the majority of the Ubers so that I wouldn't be swept away by any Pokemon using a set-up move. Ditto appeared to me as the obvious choice for this role.

Pheromosa. This Pokemon may seem strange or odd to most of you. However, I found this Pokemon to have a real potential, as it could be a spinner and revenge kill Calyrex Shadow Rider using Throat Chop. Moreover, its access to Ice beam (or Triple Axel) allows it not to be a Pokemon on which Zygarde can place itself for free. Finally, its access to U-turn is very important as it allows my team to always keep the pressure on the opponent's team. All in all, he seemed perfect.

1604235718197.png
Finally, I found myself adding Calyrex Shadow Rider to the team. It is a significant offensive presence in the team and allowed my team to better manage Necrozma-DM as well as the physical defensive walls against which my team had a real problem. Moreover, it can be a great cleaner in late game.

1604235671559.png 1604235718197.png
But the team didn't satisfy me. I didn't know what the problem was, and the team wasn't to my liking. So I tried several things. First of all I replaced Eternatus with Zygarde Dragon Dance in order to have a physical sweeper that could 6-0ed many unprepared teams. But then I found myself with a real problem against Kyogre. So I opted for Regieleki instead of Pheromosa. This one is also a decent spinner, besides being able to do very good damage to most of the Pokemons which would like to switch on it. And finally, he could knock out Kyogre in a single Thunderbolt. On the other hand, it can also make good use of Dynamax, and can completely destroy some teams with it.

Team in depth

Canopus (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Yveltal is a pillar of the team. It can deal with special threats, like Calyrex Shadow Rider or Yveltal itself. Sucker Punch allows Yveltal to easily revenge kill Calyrex Shadow Rider, the investments in Attack with Adamant Nature allowing it to always knock out Calyrex Shadow Rider if it uses the Dynamax. Then, Foul Play allows Yveltal to punish the Zacian-Crowned which think they could come on Yveltal without any fear. Moreover, the attack allows Yveltal to punish physical Pokemons which would like to use set-up moves on it, like Necrozma-DM or Zygarde. The attack is however replaceable by Knock Off to remove the Heavy-Duty-Boots from the opposing Pokemons, helping Necrozma-DM in its role as hazards setter. As far as U-turn is concerned, this allows the team to keep the pressure on and to keep the momentum. Finally, Roost is the best way for Yveltal to heal itself efficiently. As mentioned above, the investments in Attack allow Yveltal to always knock out Calyrex Shadow Rider Dynamaxed with Sucker Punch. The rest is invested in Special Defense and HP to maximise Yveltal's special bulk.

The Sun (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Necrozma-DM is, just as the sun is indispensable in the solar system, indispensable in this team. It can indeed deal with physical threats, especially Zacian-Crowned. Stealth Rock is very important here, since the role of Necrozma-DM is also to be the hazards setter, which every well built team must have. Knock Off allows Necrozma-DM to remove the Heavy-Duty-Boots and increase the effectiveness of the Stealth Rock. Morning Sun is Necrozma-DM's most effective recovery move, however it is quite limited, as the attack has only 8 PP and the amount of HP regained depends on the weather. The closing attack in this set is Earthquake, allowing Necrozma-DM to effectively hit Pokemons like Zacian-Crowned, Eternatus or Zekrom. The attack can however be replaced by Sunsteel Strike, in order to better hit Xerneas. The investments in Defense allow Necrozma-DM to hold two Close Combat of Zacian-Crowned Adamant, even after taking the damage from the Stealth Rock. As for the investments in Special Defense, they allow Necrozma-DM to hold three Focus Blast from Xerneas.

Sirus (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 184 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Shadow Ball / Flamethrower

Let us now turn to Eternatus. Eternatus is the Pokemon which is there to switch on Kyogre, whether the latter is Scarf or Specs. It can also get rid of Pokemons like Ho-Oh or Yveltal, by the use of Toxic. But it can also do good damage to Zygarde with Dynamax Cannon. Now, let's move on to the attacks of the set. First of all, Recover is the classic attack on Eternatus, allowing it to heal itself or PP stall opposing Pokemons with its ability : Pressure. Secondly, Dynamax Cannon is Eternatus' best STAB and allows it to do very good damage to Dynamaxed Pokemon, thanks to the property of the attack. Secondly, Toxic allows Eternatus to weaken the defensive Pokemons that it could not pass without Toxic, like Ho-Oh and Yveltal. This attack can be replaced by Toxic Spikes to annoy the opposing team. Finally, Shadow Ball is an attack that may seem odd, but it allows Eternatus to surprise Calyrex Shadow Rider and knock it out. Shadow Ball is however replaceable by Flamethrower to hit Steel types more efficiently. Finally, the investments in Special Defense allow Eternatus to hold two Dark Pulse from Yveltal Life Orb 252 EVs Modest, in addition to holding two Water Spout or two Ice Beam from Kyogre Modest. The Speed investments allow to outspeed the 100 speed bases. Finally, the rest is put in Defense to better hold physical attacks, and Psyshock from Calyrex Shadow Rider.

Arcturus (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Everyone, the purple blob is here! The purple blob makes his big comeback in the Ubers metagame, as he can now again Dynamaxed (surely not for long, by the way). Its main role is to revenge kill offensive Pokemons or some defensive Pokemons that are weakened. But it also has the role of punishing greedy opponents who would place their set-up sweepers early without taking into account Ditto. They will then be Ditto'ed as some like to say. The Choice Scarf is the classic item, as well as the set and investments. To end this description, let's note the Pokemons targeted by Ditto: Calyrex Shadow Rider, Zacian-Crowned and Yveltal.

regie.png
Betelgeuse (Regieleki) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Rising Voltage / Ancient Power

Now let's talk about the fastest light bulb in the game: Regieleki. Regieleki is a very specific Pokemon, it is in some way the caricature of electric Pokemons: very fast, having only electric attacks and hitting hard on the special. But how does Regieleki stand out from other electric Pokemons? Well it's quite simple: it has an astronomical speed base, it hits very hard thanks to its ability and it has access to a very interesting attack: Rapid Spin. First, the attack you’re probably going to use the most is Volt Switch. This attack is very interesting, allowing to keep momentum while inflicting good damage. Then, Thunderbolt is an attack that can do a good amount of damages to any Pokemon or finish a weakened Pokemon without having to switch. As far as Rapid Spin is concerned, the attack removes the hazards from the player’s field. This attack works very well in combination with the Heavy-Duty-Boots that Regieleki wears. However, how can Regieleki remove the hazards from the field when it does not hold out any offensive attack? Well, it's because of its ability: Transistor increases the power of Regieleki’s electrical attacks by 50%. Thus, the electric light bulb hits very hard, so the opponent will send his Ground type in order to take no damage from Regieleki's attacks, and it's at this moment that Regieleki can use Rapid Spin. Finally, Rising Voltage is a tool that Regieleki can use if it uses the Dynamax. Indeed, Regieleki makes good use of the Dynamax, and will be able to finish a weakened team with it. In addition, electric attacks posing the electric field, Rising Voltage will have doubled power. However, the attack is replaceable by Ancient Power to hit Shedinja (which is seen more and more, since it can come on Kyogre). Finally, the investments in Speed allow Regieleki to outspeed the bases 100 of speed at +1. The rest is put in Special Attack with a Modest Nature and Defense (to be able to better hold Yveltal's Sucker Punch).

1604243044097.png

Alpha Centauri (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Leaf Storm / Trick

Finally, Calyrex Shadow Rider closes out this team. Despite the fact that it's surely well known by those who played in the Ubers metagame after the release of the Crown Tundra DLC: let's do a quick review of this Pokemon. Cayrex Shadow Rider has an excellent Speed, outspeeding even Zacian-Crowned. Its special attack is also incredible, especially in combination with its signature attack: Astral Barrage which is Ghost type and has 120 power for no counterpart (a kind of Moongeist Beam with more power). These two points make Calyrex Shadow Rider a big threat in the Ubers metagame at the moment, Yveltal being the only Pokemon that can switch on it (Tyranitar taking a lot of damage on Leaf Storm, and lacking a reliable recovery move). The main attack of this set is Astral Barrage, which is a very powerful attack and can do very good damage to the majority of the Ubers metagame. Then, Psyshock is the second STAB of Calyrex Shadow Rider and allows it to get rid of the two pink blobs of the tier: Blissey and Chansey. Draining Kiss is the only way to hit Yveltal efficiently, and can become Max Starfall by Dynamaxing (be careful however before Dynamaxing Calyrex, you'll first have to check that Yveltal doesn't have Sucker Punch). Finally, Leaf Storm can do a lot of damage to Tyranitar. The attack can however be replaced by Trick to annoy Yveltal (by giving to it the Choice Specs). I give to Calyrex Shadow Rider the Choice Specs to make it a very good wallbreaker, and to put a lot of pressure on the opposing team.

Threats

Dragon Dance Zygarde-Complete is tough to deal with. However, Yveltal (if it didn't get paralysed a thousand times in a row) can prevent Zygarde from using Dragon Dance by using Foul Play against it. Then, if Zygarde's Substitue is broken and Yveltal KOed, Ditto can revenge kill Zygarde. If it's the Coil set, it's easier to deal with Zygarde. Eternatus can just KOed it with Dynamax Cannon (depending on the remaining amount of HP of Zygarde) or even Toxic it (if Zygarde hasn't Rest).

Groudon is difficult to manage with this team, especially if it's the Double Dance set. If this is the case, then you have to be careful. On the one hand, it is possible to weaken it with Yveltal's Foul Play. On the other hand, Eternatus can weaken it with Toxic or damage it with Dynamax Cannon. In any case, Ditto will have to come and revenge kill it afterwards.

Xerneas is also a danger for the team, especially since Necrozma-Dusk-Mane doesn't have Sunsteel Strike. However, depending on the Pokemon that is on the field, there are some solutions. The first is to use Toxic with Eternatus; the second is to weaken it with Necrozma-DM, Calyrex Shadow Rider or Regieleki. Once again, Ditto will be able to come revenge kill Xerneas.

Importable
(click one of the sprites)

https://pokepast.es/ff9bb24f85c04e4f1604235718197.png

Thank you for reading this RMT. I hope you'll enjoy playing this team! If you have any questions or suggestions about the team, you can submit them. I'm always open to criticism, if it's constructive of course. Have a great day, everyone !

An other version of the team (more offensive) : https://pokepast.es/ff9bb24f85c04e4f

(Xerneas and Zacian-Crowned are good partners, as they can deal with the majority of the Ubers metagame, even with Necrozma-DM, as Xerneas can Dynamax and KO it. However, you have to weaken a little bit Necrozma-DM before placing a Geomancy. The investments on Xerneas allow it to hold an Astral Barrage from Calyrex Shadow Rider Specs, and the EVs in Speed allow Xerneas to outspeed Regieleki 252 EVs in Speed with a Timid Nature)

Last edited:
Not a bad team! Definitely 1300+ elo team. Here's my impression on it.

Yveltal: Not a bad set, but running SpD yvetal leaves very little room for applying pressure on your team. You main choice for applying pressure would be regieleki, and he's way too squishy for that. Same with Calyrex-S. I would consider changing him to a psychical attacker, running the same thing. Choose Foul Play over Knock Off because your NDM already has it. But that is completely up to you. (I normally run chansey to wall choice scarf

NDM: Max out the defense EV, then give 4 attack. NDM should have rocky helmet to check zacian-c, dragon dance zyg, and a lot more physical attackers. Sunsteel strike is so much better than earthquake.

Eternatus: Perfect. Just run Toxic Spikes to force defogs and then run flamethrower to apply more pressure as now your NDM can check most fairy types.

Ditto: Works well in this team.

Regieleki: I would honestly get rid of him for a chansey or choice scarf kyogre.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

The Kyogre would be good if you want to keep SpD ygod, and chansey if you decide to run physical attacker ygod.

Kyogre Checks: Coil Zyg, Groudon, Xern too if no geomancy yet.
Chansey: Walls all special attackers no other words about it. Also helps with status mashing as aromatherapy helps a lot with that.

Calyrex-S: Honestly not a fan of choice specs Calyrex-S as it doesn't allow it to bait or outspeed but that's your choice. I'll just throw you 2 other Calyrex-S sets incase you want to mess around with them to find your best fit. I personally run Life Orb because the substitute can bait ygod sucker punch.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss / Pollen Puff
- Trick

Calyrex-Shadow @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Hope this helps! Respond back with any concerns, questions or comments.

:)

so a lot of testing and help from Guardsweeper later I think I have improved your HO variation. Have a look!
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Draining Kiss

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower

so a lot of testing and help from Guardsweeper later I think I have improved your HO variation. Have a look!
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Draining Kiss

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
this can be used such as maxo's team but your team is a good team too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)