ORAS OU The Six Candidates

Hi there Trainers! I'm here today to post my Pokémon team I've put together. So far, it's gotten a certain amount of wins along with some losses but I wonder if it would become better. But I'll introduce my Pokemon team to you first.

Without further ado...here's the team!

Bisharp
Nature: Adamant
IV's: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EV's: 148 HP/252 Atk/108 Speed
Ability: Defiant
Held Item: Air Balloon
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Knock Off
Low Kick

The first Pokemon is Bisharp which makes a good partner for Gallade as it covers his Ghost type weakness and deals with Fairy type Pokemon with Iron Head. Sucker Punch is to get the first strike against Pokemon faster than it, Knock Off to get rid of held items like Leftovers and Low Kick for more type coverage. I would choose Swords Dance but I think that would make my team unbalanced. It's such a shame Greninja is banned by you know who because I think it would help my team even more with it's superb type coverage. Oh well, Bisharp's still a great alternative.

It has Air Balloon as a held item because there are usually Ground types in Pokemon teams and that could cause problems because my Pokemon does not have any resistances to that type.

The downsides of this Pokemon is that Fire and Fighting types like Infernape can completely take this Pokemon down without any problems and it won't do much when it is burned. So I need to be careful when facing Pokemon that have those advantages against Bisharp.

Gallade
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Ability: Steadfast
Held Item: Galladite
Drain Punch
Knock Off
Bulk Up
Substitute

Here is my favourite Pokémon and I was glad he now has a Mega Evolution! This one works differently than the Gallades we would usually face because it has a Bulk Up set. It works by putting up a Substitute to save himself from any brutal attacks and after a few Bulk Ups, he will get all of his HP back by using Drain Punch and take down Ghost, and Psychic types with Knock Off.

However, he would have a lot of trouble when facing Fairy types because they resist both Drain Punch and Knock Off and to make matters worse, Sylveon's Hyper Voice would go through the Substitute. So when he sees a Fairy type, it's time to switch.

Cofagrigus
Nature: Bold
IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/x
EV's: 252 HP/200 Def/56 Sp.Def
Ability: Mummy
Held Item: Chesto Berry
Night Shade
Will-O-Wisp
Haze
Rest

I bet you weren't expecting this Pokémon. Cofagrigus is a great physically defensive Pokémon that provides team support. Not only that, it has Mummy that changes the opponent's ability when hit by a physical move. It's great against those who rely on their ability to win like Azumarill and Medicham.

I chose Night Shade over Shadow Ball because the move is not affected by Sp.Def and it can do decent damage to those who are not effective by the move. Will-O-Wisp can stop physical sweepers from...uh, sweeping along with Haze that resets everything. To bad it doesn't have much recovery options so I picked Rest to restore it's HP and be put out of sleep with the help of the Chesto Berry. (I chose Chesto Berry because I like to play with the Item Clause rule.)

It does have problems with special attackers though since it does not have much Sp.Def. Plus, the Pokémon can be Knock Off bait since the Pokémon has the Chesto Berry to get out of Rest.

Sylveon
Nature: Calm
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EV's: 252 HP/36 Def/220 Sp.Def
Ability: Pixilate
Held Item: Leftovers
Hyper Voice
Wish
Heal Bell
Protect

Cofagrigus handles physical attackers, Sylveon is the one that handles special attackers. This set helps the Pokémon team out if it's misery with Wish and Heal Bell. It also has the ability, Pixilate to change Hyper Voice's stat to Fairy and do massive damage to Dark and Dragon types. This Pokémon won't be taken down easily by special attackers as it has amazing Sp.Def and can recover with Wish. I know there are some trainers out there who don't like facing Sylveons at all and this is why.

Sylveon can be a sitting duck when facing strong physical attackers and Steel type Pokémon like Ferrothorn and Heatran for example. Those sort of Pokémon won't have any problems taking down this Pokémon as it can be completely walled by them.

Volcarona
Nature: Timid
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EV's: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Ability: Flame Body
Held Item: Lum Berry
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
Quiver Dance

Behold, the Special Sweeper of the team! This Pokémon is never to be underestimated as it can have a chance to completely sweep teams that are unprepared thanks to Quiver Dance. Fiery Dance is there to raise it's Sp.Atk if it has the chance. Bug Buzz is it's main attacking move, and Giga Drain to handle Water, Rock and Ground type Pokémon that can pose a threat such as Swampert and Gastrodon.

The disadvantages of Volcarona is can be easily swatted down when hit by the Stealth Rock and Spikes. When that happens, the Pokémon would be out before I know it. Chansey, Blissey, Heatran and Salamence can take hits from Volcarona really well and have no trouble taking it down as well.

Excadrill
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Ability: Choice Scarf
Earthquake
Iron Head
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin

As I looked at my team, it only has 2 sweepers and no Rapid Spinner. So I thought hard on what the last Pokemon is gonna be and I chose Excadrill! Not only is the Pokemon strong with it's ability, Mold Breaker to hit those with Levitate, it has Rapid Spin to keep my Volcarona safe from entry hazards. My team would have a very hard time with all these floating rocks and spikes roaming about without it.

However, by having another Steel type, I have two Pokemon that are weak against Ground and Fighting. Those are the reasons why Bisharp has Air Balloon and Cofagrigus.

So, there's my Pokemon team. Are there any improvements I need to make to it? I know there are some but I don't know what they are. Still, I hope you like the team. Please let me know if there's some stuff I need to do and I'll give your Pokemon team some cookies. :) (If only I knew how to give some to them...)

Thanks for reading and happy battling!

Hey man cool team, do you mind posting replays so we can see the team in action?
A change I would make is to take off the Choice Scarf on Excadrill, since if your opponent switches into a Ghost type (e.g Gengar) when you Rapid Spin, you'll have to switch out, giving them a free turn to set up against your team. I would go with the this Excadrill set:

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
I chose this, because you want to hit as hard and fast as possible while still being able to have the ability to switch moves.

Also, in regards to your RMT presentation, it would be a good idea to add some pictures/sprites and colours to the RMT because a good presentation of a RMT tends to draw in more people to rate your team. But thats only my $0.02
upload_2015-5-24_20-27-33.png

Hey man cool team, do you mind posting replays so we can see the team in action?
A change I would make is to take off the Choice Scarf on Excadrill, since if your opponent switches into a Ghost type (e.g Gengar) when you Rapid Spin, you'll have to switch out, giving them a free turn to set up against your team. I would go with the this Excadrill set:

I chose this, because you want to hit as hard and fast as possible while still being able to have the ability to switch moves.

Also, in regards to your RMT presentation, it would be a good idea to add some pictures/sprites and colours to the RMT because a good presentation of a RMT tends to draw in more people to rate your team. But thats only my $0.02 View attachment 42757
Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to put in the Pokemon images and upload replays on here.

Also, in regards to your RMT presentation, it would be a good idea to add some pictures/sprites and colours to the RMT because a good presentation of a RMT tends to draw in more people to rate your team. But thats only my $0.02 View attachment 42757
Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to put in the Pokemon images and upload replays on here.
BamALam "A change I would make is to take off the Choice Scarf on Excadrill, since if your opponent switches into a Ghost type (e.g Gengar) when you Rapid Spin, you'll have to switch out, giving them a free turn to set up against your team. I would go with the this Excadrill set:" that is definitely not a reason to change the excadrill set to the weird max attack max sp.defense set. BamALam i advise not following that suggestion but it's your team so you can do what you want with it.

Was just giving a quick heads up, Im going to give you some suggestions later n_n

Reactions: Mur
BamALam "A change I would make is to take off the Choice Scarf on Excadrill, since if your opponent switches into a Ghost type (e.g Gengar) when you Rapid Spin, you'll have to switch out, giving them a free turn to set up against your team. I would go with the this Excadrill set:" that is definitely not a reason to change the excadrill set to the weird max attack max sp.defense set. BamALam i advise not following that suggestion but it's your team so you can do what you want with it.

Was just giving a quick heads up, Im going to give you some suggestions later n_n
Okay. I'll still be on the forums while I wait.

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man cool team! I think I have a few suggestions to help you out a little! Well despite the argument about excadrill above I think excadrill should be changed to latios. The reasoning behind this is because you have no water resists on the team at the moment so keldeo kind of runs through you. This is an issue because keldeo is a very dominant mon in today's metagame so you definitely want some solid answers to it. It also doesn't help that bisharp is the biggest keldeo magnet so it will get many times to come in and do damage to your team. Latios remedies this by providing a nice keldeo(and water) check while still providing defog support for the rest of the team. Also on this topic of keldeo I think the gallade set should be changed to sd+3atks. Don't get me wrong I love your bulk up set and it's ability to crush slower teams but given that latios is your only keldeo check I feel that having gallade's psychic stab to provide another check would be very nice to have. Sd still provides that wallbreaking ability but with extra coverage to break through other mons like Mvenu. This also allows some nice counter-play to keldeo since now if keldeo gets a kill it allows a free switch in for gallade to take advantage of a free turn.

Next I think sylveon should be replaced by unaware clefable. Both these mons have the same typing and similar movesets but clefables ability in unaware can help prevent some set-up sweepers that threaten you from tearing through your team. While sylv may have slightly better special bulk, clef is still a great answer to the lati's and other special attackers like manectric and thundurus. To be honest not much to explain on this clefable is basically just a superior sylveon.

Finally looking at your team there is an apparent weakness to heatran since it comes in and walls(assuming the change to latios) 4 members of the team, 1 being one of your primary sweepers, and soft checking bisharp. So to remedy this I feel that you should run hp ground on volcarona over bug buzz. While losing one of your stabs may seem odd it allows volc to break heatran so the rest of your team isn't plagued by it's shenanigans. The loss of bug buzz should not be too noticeable, especially since the primary targets of bug buzz(latis bulky psychics) get crushed by bisharp.

Overall solid team and sorry for the large amount of changes but this allows some better synergy among the team members :] I'l leave the changes in the tab below and I hope I helped!

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Hey man cool team! I think I have a few suggestions to help you out a little! Well despite the argument about excadrill above I think excadrill should be changed to latios. The reasoning behind this is because you have no water resists on the team at the moment so keldeo kind of runs through you. This is an issue because keldeo is a very dominant mon in today's metagame so you definitely want some solid answers to it. It also doesn't help that bisharp is the biggest keldeo magnet so it will get many times to come in and do damage to your team. Latios remedies this by providing a nice keldeo(and water) check while still providing defog support for the rest of the team. Also on this topic of keldeo I think the gallade set should be changed to sd+3atks. Don't get me wrong I love your bulk up set and it's ability to crush slower teams but given that latios is your only keldeo check I feel that having gallade's psychic stab to provide another check would be very nice to have. Sd still provides that wallbreaking ability but with extra coverage to break through other mons like Mvenu. This also allows some nice counter-play to keldeo since now if keldeo gets a kill it allows a free switch in for gallade to take advantage of a free turn.

Next I think sylveon should be replaced by unaware clefable. Both these mons have the same typing and similar movesets but clefables ability in unaware can help prevent some set-up sweepers that threaten you from tearing through your team. While sylv may have slightly better special bulk, clef is still a great answer to the lati's and other special attackers like manectric and thundurus. To be honest not much to explain on this clefable is basically just a superior sylveon.

Finally looking at your team there is an apparent weakness to heatran since it comes in and walls(assuming the change to latios) 4 members of the team, 1 being one of your primary sweepers, and soft checking bisharp. So to remedy this I feel that you should run hp ground on volcarona over bug buzz. While losing one of your stabs may seem odd it allows volc to break heatran so the rest of your team isn't plagued by it's shenanigans. The loss of bug buzz should not be too noticeable, especially since the primary targets of bug buzz(latis bulky psychics) get crushed by bisharp.

Overall solid team and sorry for the large amount of changes but this allows some better synergy among the team members :] I'l leave the changes in the tab below and I hope I helped!

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
These changes would greatly make my Pokemon team stronger! Thank you very much for the suggestions Mur. Looks like I've got some work to do.

Can I give your Pokemon some cookies by the way?

Reactions: Mur

Max Spd?, I meant max Speed (Spe) my bad [I got the shortened version of the term wrong] . Lol, running Max attack and Max Special Def on an Excadrill is quite amusing.
Thanks Prince Python for pointing out that large error.
Heres the revised set:

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)