ORAS OU The Start of Sayaka (Peaked 1623 ELO)

The Start of Sayaka

Proof of peak here, although the replay is outdated for the current sets of this team.

Many find it problematic how Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp screw their offensive mons and limiting their sweeping capabilities. Sayaka herself doesn't have this problem. And Sticky Webs? Yeah, Sayaka laughs at that too. Let's hope Gyro Ball Shuckle rises in usage, although it's a shit set.

Shoutouts to bludz for fine-tuning the team, as well as AM for ideas on the initial draft. Without both of you guys, this team would be much different than what it is now. Thanks, guys!

Introduction
I took a long hiatus from Pokemon starting May 2015 because I got hooked into another game and I got busy in school. Fortunately, I returned on May 2016 and I'm now taking Pokemon more seriously than before.

As the metagame keeps shifting, a player can't just keep a team forever as teams will eventually become outdated. The player should build a new team in order to adapt to the metagame shifts. My old Mega Diancie team (which I made an RMT about it last year) is pretty outdated, therefore requiring me to build a new team. Being a Mega Diancie fanboy, I can't stand playing OU without a Mega Diancie team of my own.

The team has gone through many variations. The first draft started early-May 2016 and then I kept editing team members until I got satisfied with my product.

The Team
Team Preview

Teambuilding Process

Given that I want to build a team around Mega Diancie, I'll obviously need Mega Diancie.

A few obstacles that Mega Diancie has are sand, Ground-types, Water-types, and Chansey. Therefore, I decided to throw in Breloom. Breloom also revenge kills Mega Lopunny; and scarfed variants of Terrakion, Magnezone, and Heatran. Mega Diancie also supports Breloom by checking Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Mandibuzz, and Mega Sableye.

I needed a revenge killer and Jirachi is my pick because it also allows me to switch in on Latias, Latios, and Fairy-types. Scarf Jirachi also provides me Healing Wish support and U-turn for momentum. Also, flinch hax is nice too.

After going through many variations, playing and swapping team members, I finally came up with a variant that I like, in which the last three members are Talonflame, Garchomp, and Latias.

Talonflame gives me nice speed control, as well as checking bulky Grass-types, Volcarona, and Mega Altaria.

Garchomp is my hazard setter of choice over Landorus-T, since this team needs a check to Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Bisharp. In addition, Garchomp provides me a secondary bird check to help relieve the pressure on Mega Diancie; when building Mega Diancie teams, I usually ensure that I have a secondary answer to birds. Garchomp also helps weaken Fighting-types and punishing physical attackers with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin.

With Talonflame on the team, hazard removal is mandatory, as Mega Diancie either has a poor matchup against many of the common hazard setters, or can't switch in well against others. Additionally, Mega Diancie won't always be there to block Stealth Rock. Thus I chose a Lati, since I also needed a switch-in to Electric-types, Keldeo, Rotom-W, and Volcanion. I decided to go for Latias over Latios in order to switch in on the aforementioned targets more consistently.

In-depth Analysis

Sayaka (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
-
Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Mega Diancie still remains as my favorite mega not only design-wise, but also for being a metagame-defining threat in the OU metagame, as well as being very fun to use. Its great offensive stats and coverage make her difficult to switch into. Additionally, Magic Bounce prevents Mega Diancie from being directly crippled by Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, or Leech Seed. Her ability also makes her do a good job on harassing Sticky Web setters. It is no wonder Mega Diancie currently hails at A+ in the OU Viability Rankings.

Moving on, 252 Attack EVs are used in order to lure common Amoonguss and MG Clefable variants, since both are annoying to my team otherwise. It also gives Mega Diancie stronger Diamond Storms, which is pretty nice since Rock is a great offensive move and it also has a 50% chance of increasing her Defense by one stage. Protect is standard, allowing her to safely mega evolve. In addition, Protect allows Mega Diancie to scout for coverage moves and Choice items, while locking Choiced Pokemon into an unfavorable move, therefore stealing momentum. Earth Power was chosen over Hidden Power Fire, as opposing base 110s, such as opposing Mega Diancie and Mega Metagross threaten my team. By allowing Mega Diancie to retain its 350 speed, this gives hope on tying versus opposing base 110s and outspeeding opposing HP Fire base 110s.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Superpower
/ Force Palm
- Spore

Breloom's asset to the team is to check sand, Chansey, and bulky Water-types. Additionally, Breloom provides some speed control with Mach Punch, allowing it to revenge weakened targets, as well as Mega Lopunny, Magnezone, Heatran, and Terrakion. Recently, I've been trying out Superpower, which is an interesting choice ballislife pointed out. To quote ballislife,
i've tried force plam breloom and can say that if you don't get the paralysis which is a lot of games then it is just a waste of a moveslot outside of getting a strong hit on ferrothorn. unless your luck is beyond human, i would try adamant superpower to just trash mega scizor, ferrothorn, and even 96 hp tornadus-t since superpower + mach punch has around a 50% chance to kill after rocks iirc and is almost guaranteed with possible sand damage. even the bulkiest of mega scizors is taking around 60% iirc and with rocks and diancie getting some chip damage off it, this could basically be a surprise ko on it. focus punch is an option with a jolly nature, but i wouldn't count on it all the time.

seems pretty stronk outside of that
There are also alternatives to the set above, and I've tried them before: Jolly Nature can also help tie with Breloom, Bisharp, and Mega Swampert outside of rain. However, the power drop can turn certain OHKOes to 2HKOes, and 2HKOes to 3HKOes. Additionally, Force Palm is an alternative to Superpower, allowing Breloom to fish a 30% chance to paralyze targets, technically making its checks unsafe to switch into Breloom. Force Palm is more evil than Scald, while doesn't lower the user's Attack and Defense.

Therefores, debates on Superpower vs. Force Palm, as well as Admant vs. Jolly are both present, as seen that both slots contain slashes.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

As with most offensive teams, a revenge killer is required. Jirachi is my pick because as I said, I needed a check and switch-in to Fairy-types and Latis, as well as revenge killing Weavile. Healing Wish support is also nice, giving a crippled or weakened a teammate a second chance once Jirachi outlives its usefulness, therefore allowing me to play more aggressively. U-turn provides momentum. Ice Punch is the coverage move of choice in order to lure Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T. It also revenge kills Dragonite, even if the latter has already boosted with DD.

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

As said earlier, Talonflame gives me another form of speed control thanks to its priority attack. I opted for max Attack, and Brave Bird over Acrobatics since I preferred power over longevity in order to revenge kill and sweep better. 64 Speed EVs allow Talonflame to outspeed Jolly Excadrill without a boost, and possibly fire off a Will-O-Wisp on it. The remaining EVs are dumped to HP in order to switch in better. Leftovers complements Talonflame's bulk, and since I'm running Brave Bird over Acrobatics. I opted for SD in order to provide Talonflame cleaning power. I've been running Will-O-Wisp recently in order to punish Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Tyranitar. It also allows me to check Bisharp and Mega Scizor better.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet helps quickly wear down physical attackers, which is especially useful when revenge killing them later on in the match. Therefore, Garchomp helps me beat Fighting-types easier. Fire Blast gives me a solid answer against Ferrothorn and Scizor, as both of the aforementioned Pokemon are annoying to my team otherwise. Obviously, Garchomp requires 92 Speed EVs to outrun Jolly base 70s, most especially Jolly Bisharp, a reason I'm running Garchomp over Landorus-T in the first place.

Garchomp also takes advantage of Mega Diancie's Protect. Mega Diancie should scout using Protect, and then switch to Garchomp on the next turn. If the opposition fires off a contact move, then Garchomp gets to chip off 29% of their HP. Mega Diancie doesn't always need to Protect first though; she can switch outright to Garchomp if you predict them to go straight ahead with a contact attack, without wasting a turn using Protect if the opponent heals or sets up.

Latias @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

As said earlier, Latias was chosen over Latios because she provides me a more consistent switch-in to Keldeo, Volcanion, and Electric-types; especially since Electric-types are threats to my team. Obviously, hazard removal is mandatory for all teams with Talonflame. I chose Recover over Healing Wish in order for Latias to do her job better. Additionally, Healing Wish is redundant since Jirachi is already there to provide Healing Wish support. Thunderbolt was chosen over Psyshock in order to deal a fair amount of damage to SpDef Skarmory, as well as hitting Water-types such as Azumarill, Manaphy, and Starmie hard, without the need to resort to Draco Meteor and then subsequently receiving a -2 Special Attack drop. I feel safe to forego Psyshock or Psychic, since my teammates already handle Amoongus, Mega Venusaur, and Conkeldurr; and the latter two are rare anyways.

Threatlist
Rain: Rain is the number one threat, especially since Rain + Mega Swampert + Kingdra can easily sweep my team.

Mega Diancie: Jirachi can't come in on Hidden Power Fire or Earth Power. Mega Diancie can even utilize Protect to lock Jirachi to using Iron Head, therefore snatching momentum as she goes into a teammate, such as Ferrothorn, Garchomp, or Landorus-T to chip it off with either Iron Barbs / Rough Skin and/or Rocky Helmet. The Mega Diancie + Magnezone core is outrageously hellish, since Magnezone easily removes Jirachi, allowing Mega Diancie to blow the team to shreds. When Jirachi is down, my hopes of killing Mega Diancie is to tie with my own Mega Diancie and hope to hit it with Earth Power, although my Mega Diancie's Earth Power does 73.4% damage to opposing Naive Mega Diancie, at worst.

Mega Medicham: It's difficult for my team to switch into Mega Medicham. Plus, Mega Medicham runs Bullet Punch for Mega Diancie, as well as Ice Punch for Garchomp. Although Talonflame, Jirachi, and Latias can revenge kill it, Mega Medicham's respective teammates can threaten them back (e.g. Garchomp for Jirachi and Talonflame; Pursuit Tyranitar for Latias).

Weavile: This team lacks switch-ins to Weavile. Specifically, Mega Diancie, Talonflame, and Jirachi rely on getting a free switch in order to revenge kill Weavile. LO Weavile can KO Mega Diancie if the latter is brought down to 65%, and CB Weav does 75% to Mega Diancie at worst.

Alakazam and Mega Alakazam: Both hit my team very hard. Jirachi is a poor switch-in, as it risks getting hit by Shadow Ball. Talonflame also needs to get a free switch in order to revenge kill Alakazam. Again, Alakazam and Mega Alakazam are much deadlier when paired with teammates such as Rocky Helmet Landorus-T and Garchomp.

Clefable: Scarf Jirachi isn't a great check, and it risks being T-Waved. Furthermore, Physically Defensive Unaware WishPass Clefable is more annoying, and the only mons capable of 2HKOing it are Jirachi and Breloom. Unfortunately, Clefable can utilize Protect to lock Jirachi to an undesirable move and snatch momentum. Clefable's Wishpassing can also be a pain in the ass.

Electric-types, especially Mega Manectric: Latias is my only Pokemon who can reliably check Electric-types, and they are much deadlier when paired with Pursuit support. Without Latias, my team is at risk of being swept by Mega Manectric.

These are the most obvious threats I've identified so far, though I know I'm missing some threats as they slip past the radar.

Importable
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Superpower
- Spore

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Replays
Replays of the current variation:
These replays contain the current variation of this team.
LivingTarget vs. Repeater1947 (July 18, 2016)

Outdated replays:
These replays contain previous versions of the team, which include old sets or Pokemon.
Peaking to 1623 (June 17, 2016)
bludz vs. Repeater1947 (June 14, 2016)

I apologize for the replay database lacking a lot of content, as I don't save much replays. I'll try to get more replays soon.

Conclusion
Overall, I had fun using this team. I managed to peak 1623 with this team, albeit using slightly different sets than what my team has now. Currently, I fell down to the low-1500s to mid-1500s and I feel that I've hit a brick wall. Therefore, I'm interested to hear out suggestions. Thank you for reading, and enjoy. :)

Hopefully, we get to see more action with Mega Diancie in Generation VII OU.

Please do not suggest the following
Replacing Mega Diancie with another mon
: To be blunt, it's a Mega Diancie team. I'd rather build another team than swapping out a mon I've been building around.

Replacing three or more members: I don't mean to be offensive, but doing so would mean that the team is no longer mine, and you've already built another team.

Last edited:
Hey bro n_n I really like the offensive core of Mega Diancie + Breloom + Talonflame and I remember you used this team a few times against me during our tutoring sessions, so I thought I'd drop a rate :o

The team overall is pretty solid. Aside from what's listed in your threatlist I can see standard breaker + Pursuit cores such as; Keldeo (particularly Choice Scarf) + Tyranitar, or Volcanion + Pursuit giving you a few problems. Next, whilst 5 of your members don't give it setup, I think its still worth noting that Mega Charizard X can also sweep you if you ever give it a switchin vs Jirachi. Given that Jirachi is your lone check to the likes of Latios, it's not too unlikely to assume you could find yourself in a situation like that. Sand also looks a bit problematic given how just heavily you're going to have to rely on Breloom alone in matchups such as that. All that being said, you have ways to check just about everything, so this team is pretty solid overall.

Firstly, I thought I'd start of with a few small spread changes. Change Mega Diancie to 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe, and change Talonflame to 200 HP / 248 Atk / 60 Spe. The HP on Mega Diancie is there so that it always lives Jolly Mega Charizard X's +1 Flare Blitz after Stealth Rock, which is useful seeming that Jolly Mega Charizard can pretty much sweep your whole team if the right circumstances arise, as I stated in the OP. The Spread on Talonflame is just a slighly optimised version of your current spread; the HP hits a Leftovers number, the Attack hits a jump point, and the Speed still outpaces Jolly Excadrill.

Secondly, I personally prefer Adamant Swords Dance Breloom over any of that variants that you currently have listed. I'm of the opinion that Jolly Breloom is a pretty situational set in general, and definitely isn't neccesary for a team like this. Considering you have a Talonflame on this team which can be used to reliably check the likes of Ferrothorn in case it gets out of hand, I think your team will appreciate Breloom's ability to boost up and break down Defensive Ground-types such as Landorus-T, whilst also allowing Breloom to act much better as a general mid-game breaker. SD Breloom is fantastic at breaking down defensive cores, and you have Pokemon such as Talonflame and Mega Diancie to clean up the mess, so i think going with SD would be a good choice. Also, +2 Mach Punch cleanly OHKOs Ferrothorn, so I guess thats a nice thing to know.

->
Next, I think Landorus-T over Garchomp would be a good move for this team. Garchomp is currently being used as a check to the likes of Bisharp, Mega Scizor, Mega Lopunny and Excadrill. However, you already have Talonflame to cover the likes of Mega Scizor and Bisharp, and Landorus-T better covers Mega Lopunny and Excadrill whilst also providing you with a much more reliable Ground immunity. Landorus over Garchomp take the pressure off of your Breloom as the main Sand check, whilst also giving your team a general intimidate buffer which can help the likes of Talonflame and Breloom to set up.

->
Lastly, the final change; I think Colbur Berry + Surf Latios would work nicely over Latias on this build. Colbur Berry Latios gives your team a bit of insurance against those threatening breaker + Pursuit cores that I mentioned could be problematic in the OP. Surf allows you to hit Tyranitar hard, whilst also supporting Talonflame and Jirachi by luring Heatran.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog
- Roost
Hey, man. Thanks for the rate! I do have a few questions though.

1) Assuming that the changes suggested above are implemented, how would the team break Skarmory, since your rate now has the absence of Thunderbolt Lati? What nescessary tweaks can I make?

2) I'm curious about the damage difference of 0 HP EVs and 12 HP EVs on Mega Diancie, since Mega Charizard X barely does a difference between the two calcs; both don't give Jolly Mega Charizard X a chance to OHKO Mega Diancie with a +1 Flare Blitz. Just wanna know if I've been calc-ing wrong or not.

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 176-207 (73 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 176-207 (72.1 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

3) Colbur Berry Latios' Surf does about 38.7 - 45.7% to 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand, as well as doing 36 - 42.6% to 100 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand. With this in mind, how should I play against Tyranitar, or generally, how should I play with Colbur Berry Latios?

Sorry for bringing up questions though. I'm still learning, yet I'm quite interested in your rate and I want to understand it better. Anyways, thanks again! n_n

Hm, interesting name, Sayaka. Could you tell me what it means? It sounds so melodic.

But that's enough of that. We're not here to listen to melodic names. We're here to improve your team in the best way possible.

Firstly, I think having both Talonflame and Jirachi is redundant, because your Talonflame set doesn't really Stallbreak and both Talonflame and Jirachi check similar enemies.

Secondly, I think you will have some difficulty versus the Stall. Amoonguss walls Breloom, and Chansey is fat enough to wall everyone on the team, with Doublade to give backup vs. Diancie. Talonflame isn't Stallbreaker, so will not help there.

Finally, Sand and Rain are all trouble, as Breloom doesn't like taking Iron Head, so you need to sac everytime Excadrill comes in, and Kingdra OHKOes everyone with Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor.

My changes will try to fix problems, but not change too heavily.

• : Firstly, I think you should use a fat Grass-type on your team, because can help vs. both Rain and Sand. (Still need to kill Politoed ASAP when fighting Rain, though, and don't take too much damage when facing Kingdra.) Can also help vs. Electric-type, because bulky Grass can take HP Ice and Flamethrower if the Grass type has enough health. I think Tangrowth will work here. Why Tangrowth and not Amoonguss or Celebi? Because Amoonguss takes heavy damage from Excadrill Earthquake, and Celebi is Psychic-type, which is not good because then you have 3 Psychic-types so Dark-type means big trouble. I think Assault Vest is best because helps vs. Kingdra and special attackers (i.e. enemy Mega Diancie, Mega Alakazam, Thundurus, Mega Manectric). Tangrowth also helps with Mega Lopunny because High Jump Kick doesn't 2HKO.
  • Loadout on
    (alternate: change
    or
    to
    /
    )
    : Secondly, I think you don't need both Talonflame and Jirachi, because both give speed control but Talonflame isn't Stallbreaker. Should make Talonflame a Stallbreaker version. If you don't like that idea, you can replace Jirachi/Talonflame with someone else. Heatran is good choice because is a good Stallbreaker, but Keldeo is a good choice if you think Weavile is a problem. Remember, if you choose to keep Breloom, then you must keep Jirachi, as it is your best way of handling enemy Mega Diancie.
Finally, here are some optional choices.
Loadout on
: First suggestion is to put Trick on Jirachi, as it helps with your fairly grim matchup vs. the Stall, and also screws up Calm Minders like Suicune and Slowbro. You can replace Healing Wish or Ice Punch if this sounds appealing to you. Note that you don't necessarily need Healing Wish because you don't have setup sweepers, and you have defensive pivots so your more fragile allies aren't forced to take damage. Still, Trick isn't obligatory, so that's why I'm putting it under optional.

: Second suggestion is to change Latias to Latios. Why? It's because Latios is my favorite Pokémon (don't worry I like Latias too) your Latias doesn't have Healing Wish, so Latias's main niche is lost. Because you have Tangrowth to stop enemy Electric-types, you can ease up some pressure on your Dragon. I'm just saying that usually you'll want the extra power from Latios, especially considering that you have Tangrowth to share the pain with your Dragon and thus Latias's bulk is more of a luxury. Still, it's your choice.

Loadout on
: Third suggestion is only relevant if you keep Latias and you use Trick on Jirachi. I think you can put Healing Wish on Latias, and replace Recover, because you have Tangrowth to ease pressure off of Latias, and thus you can have Healing Wish support if you think you need it.

: Final suggestion is only relevant if you switch Talonflame or Jirachi to Keldeo. If you make change, then I suggest to use Landorus-T over Garchomp. Why? It's because Landorus-T can weaken walls for your teammates with Swords Dance or it can pivot with U-turn.

Summary:

• Loadout on
    OR
    /
    /
    • OPTIONAL: IF
      /
      THEN
  • OPTIONAL: Loadout on
  • OPTIONAL:
    OR
    Loadout on
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch / Trick
- Healing Wish / Trick

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet / Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn / Swords Dance
Hope I help you :).

Hey, sorry this took so long. You PM'd me for a rate, so here it is.

I agree with the majority of your threatlist, in particular regarding Diancie, Weavile, Clefable, and Manectric. I would probably also add that switching in on Excadrill is a tough task, regardless of whether or not it's Sand Rush or Mold Breaker. It's not hard for Excadrill to Swords Dance on a predicted switch to Garchomp and then deal massive damage while you're forced to break its Balloon and eat a boosted Earthquake. While Fire Blast does mitigate this to some extent, Garchomp is at best a one-time check. Breloom can OHKO with Mach Punch, sure, but a majority of Sand-builds run some Breloom check to hard wall it, and then you're going to be forced out and let something go to sleep or be paralyzed. I might also add that Charizard X is going to get kills each time that it comes in if it's Earthquake, and it can set up on a Choice-locked Jirachi and do a lot of damage from there. It will never sweep with the priority that your team has, but you struggle a bit to take it on at full.

->
I agree with Koiro.'s suggestion to run Landorus-Therian > Garchomp. Landorus fits well here for the reasons he mentioned of checking Excadrill much better than Garchomp does, while still checking Mega Lopunny as well as checking Charizard X. I'd also recommend using Swords Dance in its last slot to be able to boost up and force out Clefable. Swords Dance will also let you boost alongside Mega Scizor if you've not been too heavily weakened, letting you get a lot off against it. Running some speed investment will also let you outspeed Volcanion, which lets you avoid having to switch in Latias to potentially be burned, and Bisharp, which you don't come in well on with this change. Yache Berry will let you tank a hit from Mega Metagross, which can otherwise tear through this team with Meteor Mash and Ice Punch. It also helps against Mega Manectric, Thundurus, and Mega Medicham to some extent.

However, going with Landorus-Therian makes your matchup against Heatran a bit more problematic, as even with Earth Power on Diancie, not a lot is going to like coming in on Lava Plume and it can easily wall and annoy Talonflame, Latias, and Jirachi. Plus, you're still not able to come in on Weavile. To remedy this,

->I'd recommend using Jolly Belly Drum Azumarill over Talonflame. Your team desperately needs a switch in to Weavile and a proper check to Heatran and Diancie, which Azumarill provides. With a Belly Drum boost, it can OHKO Clefable, Amoonguss, and Manectric, and heavily damage Mega Venusaur, much of which Talonflame did for you before.

With the loss of Talonflame, the team finds itself much more annoyed by Mega Scizor, which will often attempt to pivot in on Latias expecting to wall its attacks. Using HP Fire over Thunderbolt allows you to lure it out and deal heavy damage, weakening it for Mega Diancie to potentially KO with a Diamond Storm.

Other Options:

Rocky Helmet on Landorus-T can help wear down Mega Lopunny and Excadrill more quickly. SD Breloom is also a viable option in the place of Superpower to have two boosting win conditions that take advantage of Amoonguss' removal.
Colbur Berry Latios > Latias as Koiro. suggested can also work to handle Pursuit + Electric-types. However, this last change should only be implemented with my changes if you're willing to revise half of your team.

GL broski
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Superpower
- Spore

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)