Pokémon the starters role in the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
through each of the generations i've come to love them all, each for their own niche that they bring to the battling scene, my current starter, greninja, is something that i will pray will be a force in ou or even uu, but enough of my rambling what do you think starters will do? i can see chestnaught being in uu or ru, delphon, looks like it got the short end of the stick this year with it's stats, but noneless what do you think?

Greninja will almost assuredly be OU as the premier offensive rapid spinner of the tier. Great speed, strong special attack, has stab dark moves for those spin blockers, and he slaughters Starmie 1-on-1.

Oh, and he even learns Spikes and U-turn. Yeah, that's a really great Pokemon.

The other two are pretty meh.

Greninja will almost assuredly be OU as the premier offensive rapid spinner of the tier. Great speed, strong special attack, has stab dark moves for those spin blockers, and he slaughters Starmie 1-on-1.

Oh, and he even learns Spikes and U-turn. Yeah, that's a really great Pokemon.

The other two are pretty meh.
Greninja cannot learn rapid spin, that was a rumor. He is still a good spiker though.

delphon, looks like it got the short end of the stick this year with it's stats, but noneless what do you think?
It's faster than Garchomp and has as much special attacking power as Lucario. It's typing's not bad either. It could use a more extensive movepool, but we don't know the full extent of it's movepool yet.

It's stats are really well placed, though. Certainly it's speed is very good.

Greninja will almost assuredly be OU as the premier offensive rapid spinner of the tier.
I know THREE OR FOUR people have gotten you, but READ THE SIG.

*ahem*

The ninja may not have Spinjitsu powers, but Protean is still a great ability, and it may end up low OU. Chestnaut is probably going to be RU, where it will shine, and Delphox is UU if not BL because it's flipping powerful there.

I like to think that bulletproof chesnaught will serve as a great gengar counter until the meta game settles down a bit and gengars start running sludge wave. So, i think chesnaught will be one of the last pokemon to fall in place.

isn't around base 100? not saying that that stat is bad, just medicore, and i don't what stats it has in terms of defense
For what? It's speed? It's 104. A little slower than Zoroark and Mienshao, who I'd consider above-average when it comes to speed. Main thing this lets it do is Will-o-wisp physical attackers before they can get a hit off.

I like to think that bulletproof chesnaught will serve as a great gengar counter until the meta game settles down a bit and gengars start running sludge wave. So, i think chesnaught will be one of the last pokemon to fall in place.
Until December 25th, Gengar can't use Sludge Wave. Chestnaut won't be that great in that role anyway, I'd prefer using a powerful priority user to do the kill.

And yeah, Delphox is pretty good. But just being "a fast Will O Wisp" isn't OU by any means.

i agree, it has decent stats, but it's typing and speed will land it in ru, like mattman suggested
Well, i agree it wont stay in OU, but its really tough to counter and has the perfect ability to completely wall most gengar sets and bulk up or substitute on the switch. I believe that chesnaught learns earthquake, close combat, and seed bomb which are all solid enough to make good use of its decent attack stat. leech seed, drain punch, spikey shield, and substitute allow it to carve out a niche over fellow bulky fighting fighting types as well.

i could see it running a possible curse set, but even that's iffy considering all the flying buzzing around chestnaut I'm postive that delphox will be at least uu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)