ORAS OU The Swordsmen of Camelot

(credits for artwork go here: http://fluffyz.deviantart.com/art/Bisharp-and-Gallade-196966806)

This is the very first RMT I have done so far for ORAS, and let me tell you, I love this dynamic duo. Mega Gallade and Bisharp fit like pieces of a puzzle, as Fighting/Psychic and Dark/Steel compliment each other amazingly in several key factors, and knowing this, I wanted to make a team with these two in mind.

The Team Preview:

Team Building Process:

These two here take center stage for the team. As stated earlier in the introduction, Gallade and Bisharp's typing work excellently for each other. Gallade resists the Fighting types that give Bisharp trouble, while Bisharp is immune to Psyshock and resists the Flying and Ghost types that scare Gallade away.

Talonflame gives Gallade and Bisharp the heeby-jeebies, so an appropriate birdspam check is needed to stop SmogonBird from shreking these two. Rotom-Wash comes to my aid. It also helps out with Bisharp's Ground weakness by providing an immunity to switch in to.

Azumarill started to become an issue when it came to switching in, and I needed a Stealth Rock user, so Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn joins the crew (just need to watch for Superpower..)! Yes, I should be running Shed Shell for Magnezone, but to be honest, I have not been seeing that particular UFO as much lately. Ferro also provides a decent switch in to Greninja, and if it decides to run Low Kick, then good for him. Have fun with Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet AND Life Orb damage, son.

I figured that an excellent revenge-killer and a partner for Rotom-W's Volt Switch shenanigans will provide me with some excellent bursts of momentum, and Mega Sceptile started to become annoying. Scarf Lando-T has entered the battlefield!

Scarf Keldeo ran through this team like a fucking freight train, so not only did I need a switch in to that, but I also needed a defogger who was relatively strong on the special side as I was lacking in special attackers, and even a possible Healing Wish user to bring back one of my teammates from near death. Enter, my favorite Psychic type of all time, Latias!

The sets:

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak

The first member of the Swordsmen of Camelot, and easily one of my favorite ORAS megas to use right now. There's no denying that Mega Gallade is a monstrous threat in OU (not sure why it's in any of the lower tiers, tbh...). After a Swords Dance, Gallade simply goes to town on to enemy teams that have been battered and bruised by heavy combat. The obligatory dual STABs of CC and Psycho Cut are extraordinarily strong, and Shadow Sneak removes any fear of having to risk a speed tie with any other base 110s, mainly the Latis and Gengar.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

The second member of the Swordsmen of Camelot, and thus creating the dual Swords Dance offensive core. After an SD, Bisharp can break through many of the bulky Psychics that give Gallade trouble, such as Slowbro, Mew and Cresselia. Knock Off provides excellent utility for reasons most likely stated a million times on this site, Iron Head bops Fairies and Sucker Punch for priority and a way to destroy Mega Beedrill in one shot, even without an SD boost.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe -> 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I desperately needed a Talonflame switch in, and Rotom-W fits the bill like a glove. Volt Switch gives me momentum, especially when paired with Lando-T's U-Turn to form the famous VoltTurn core. Hydro Pump provides a strong Water STAB. WoW burns physical attackers and Pain Split is the only decent way Rotom can recover itself other than RestoChesto. As stated earlier, Levitate helps with Bisharp's Ground weakness, and provides a decent switch in to Lando-T as well as many of the other ground types in the tier.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This was the best I could think of when thinking of a way to deal with both Azumarill and Greninja at the same time, and both can run Fighting moves to fuck with my shit, but I at least give them a going away present with my Rocky Helmet :P

Gyro Ball allows me to deal with the speedy threats in OU, such as the Latis, Mega Sceptile, Mega Diancie, Gengar and many others. Stealth Rocks are Stealth Rocks. What more could you ask for? The Leech Seed + Protect combo helps me not only gain health back for either itself or someone else on the team, but it also helps wear down the opponent turn by turn so that somebody else can finish off the weakened mon.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe -> 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Scarf Lando-T compliments itself well with my Rotom, as they form an excellent VoltTurn combo, and thanks to said U-Turn, I'm able to reliably revenge-kill Mega Sceptile and Greninja (while it's a Dark, Grass or Psychic type, of course) while gaining momentum against the enemy.

The EV set looks weird, and I'm open to change it, but I've learned the hard way that if you're running Scarf Lando-T, never run max speed. You're better off gaining the slower U-Turn against opposing Scarf Landos, giving you the switch initiative.

EQ is its main STAB, U-Turn gives me switching momentum, Stone Edge hits Flying types like Talonflame, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, ect. and Superpower reliably OHKOs T-Tar and dents Ferrothorn and Air Balloon Heatran switchins.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish/Roost

Latias is so good and I love her :3

The given EV spread helps me switch in on Scarf Keldeo's Icy Winds better, while still providing enough oomph coupled with a Life Orb to deal excellent damage on physical walls. Draco and Psyshock need little explanation to prove to everyone how strong they are together, while Defog clears hazards for my team.

I'm torn between Healing Wish and Roost for my last two slots. Lately, I've been preferring Roost as I haven't really had the opportunity to get a Healing Wish off, but I like the utility HW provides when I do get the chance to use it.

Threat List:

Mega Sableye:
Fuck this thing. It walls essentially my whole team... ;-;

Mega Charizard X: If I let my favorite Pokemon set up a DD, it's game over unless it's not running max Speed, then MAYBE my Scarf Lando can revenge-kill it.

Azumarill: I do have a soft answer to it in Ferrothorn, but Superpower variants give me a hard time. It's easy to whittle down, however, but I HAVE to get damage on this thing, otherwise I'm screwed.

Greninja: Name me a RMT threat list that DOESN'T have the best OU Pokemon right now. Low Kick variants fuck up Ferrothorn to a degree, and if my Scarf Lando's down, I'm gonna have a bad time...

Mega Lopunny: This jackrabbit can run over a large portion of my team, and it scares me ;-;

Mega Gyarados: Don't let this monster get to +2. If he does, I might as well just forfeit.

Exportable:

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So, what do you guys think? Please tell me what should I do to make this team better. I'm highly open to honest opinions and suggestions. Thank you :]

Last edited:
I really do like your team you have, as it shows a good use of Mega Gallade (and Bisharp is god). I do have some suggestions for it to help improve it.
  • For Rotom-Wash, run 44 Spe and 252 HP as oppose to the spread you have now (the defense is fine). With this, 44 Speed EVs can have you barely outspeed a max speed Azumarill and burn it, while getting maximum HP for slightly more bulk.
  • For your Ferrothorn, I would recommend running Shed Shell over Rocky Helmet. Shed Shell lets you switch out against Magnezones, which can be very great at times, and you can still inflict some damage to contact move users via Iron Barbs.
  • For your Landorus-Therian, run 252 Attack, 24 Defense, and 232 Speed EVs. That way, you won't speed tie with a +1 Adamant Charizard-X and get an EQ on it, and also have 24 EVs in defense for slightly more physical bulk. Also, you could consider running Explosion over Superpower on it for a powerful suicide move if you ever need it.
  • One last suggestion. In the case of the forever-annoying Mega Sableye, you could run a counter against it. You don't have to run this, but this is what I suggest.

Clefable @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
Clefable would make a great special wall, and also would be especially good against Dark Pulse. Also, Magic Guard protects from Will-O-Wisp damage, and Life Orb can give you extra power in Moonblast.

Well, that's all I have for now. Hope I helped!

Thanks for the advice :D

I'll definitely change the EVs for Rotom and Lando, but I'll be sticking with Superpower instead of Explosion because I like picking off Ferrothorns that have taken prior damage and being able to hit Air Balloon Heatran for SE damage before the balloon is popped. As I stated earlier, it also OHKOs T-Tar and does massive damage to Lopunny (I think it kills, I'm not sure).

I actually do run that exact Clefable set on some of my other teams for Sableye, but I had trouble trying to put it on here for THIS team. From what I could gather, the two most expendable team members that could possibly go are Ferrothorn since it doesn't really do much other than take hits (although Azu becomes a problem again) and Latias because my team really isn't that scared of hazards, but still appreciates the immediate power from a LO Draco, as I don't have too many Special Attackers on this team. To be honest, I really don't know who to replace ;-;

I normally run Shed Shell Ferro, but I like the benefits of Rocky Helmet, and I haven't really been seeing too many Magnezones lately, and I believe that's due to how over prepared the meta has become for it, as Shed Shell is pretty much everywhere now.

I would recommend knock off over shadow sneak because shadow sneak really doesn't do anything for gallade. Knock off hits more things harder gallade already out speeds most of the meta so there is really no need for shadow sneak. and if you dont wanna use knock off i would recommend ice punch to hit gliscor and def lando-t but knock off hits them hard enough.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak Knock Off

Hi ! It is very semblable to my own Gallade-Mega team. I have Gallade / Bisharp / Rotom-W / Landorus-T Scarf / Latios / Clefable, so :

1) I suggest Clefable Stealth Rock > Ferrothorn Stealth Rock. This allows you to check Sableye-Mega and Lopunny-Mega. The set :
I'm running Specially Defensive because Thundurus with Knock Off can be annoying.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

2) Because you lose Ferrothorn, a decent check to no Low Kick / HP Fire variants, i think it better to give Rotom-W some SpD EVs, in order to survive 2 Dark Pulse (or Extrasensory to a lesser extend) of Greninja after SR. With 156 SpD, you also can take 2 Hydro Pump of Specs Keldeo with SR.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 156 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Rotom-W: 118-140 (38.9 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Rotom-W: 110-129 (36.3 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Good luck :]

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like a pretty good bulky offense team. First of all I definitely agree with Knock off>Shadow Sneak, it is just way better overall and lets you actually beat bulky psychics as opposed to, what, slightly tickle faster attackers? Anyway, on to more important stuff : you need to get rid of that Mega-Sableye weakness pronto, you literally just auto-lose to it. Best you can do is spam U-Turn to wear it down but if it gets in for free it just CMs and wins. As already state, Clefable is a pretty good option which I recommend. If you want something more offensive and are willing Choice Specs Sylveon has excellent synergy with the Bisharp+Gallade core, and also hits surprisingly hard. One last option is SD Talonflame. SD Talon not only sets up all over Mega-Sableye, it helps deal with Clefable which you are slightly weak to, revenges Mega-Lopunny, Greninja and Charizard. As for what to replace for it, Landorus-T is probably the most disposable member of your team. Unfortunately, losing it means you, but Talon can still revenge it if it's weakened. Worst comes to the worst, you can always force massive damage on it with Ferrothorn and revenge kill it with Talonflame.

I would consider running Power Whip over Protect on Ferrothron. Protect is nice, but not losing to DD MGyara is also nice (especially relevant if you ditch Lando-T for Talonflame). You also may want to run more physical defense to take Crunches from it more convincingly, and you can also use Leftovers>Rocky Helmet if you please, however this makes you weaker to XZard which you may not want.

Finally, Calm Mind Mega Slowbro looks very scary for you since it can easily set up and win. Bisharp can SD alongside it, but if you're facing the Iron Defense set or if Scald burns you just lose to it Once again, Clefable is is a good way to deal with it, but you have to make it Unaware if you actually want to beat MSlowbro. (Specs Sylveon also helps beat it)

Fine team otherwise, not much else to say.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Wish
- Flamethrower / Stealth Rock / Protect

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)