The Triforce Tournament Invitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, here's an update on the teams:

deucer:
Justin8649
Chaos (with a capital C)
Articuno64

unnamed
Lesm46
FM
Hipmonlee

The Death Eaters:
skarm
husk1442
SirChris

unnamed:
VIL
Warthog
Jackal

unnamed:
omni
goofball
Acura

We Don't Suck Maybe Perhaps:
JMC
Syberia
Roy

Tres Generaciones Tampon Strings:
Vineon
magicalmaster2001
kongler

unnamed:
Gomez
Glalie
cloud9x

WHY I'M NOT HERE:
GotMiltank
Voodoo
gdpt

Underestimate Us:
Loki
MoP
O_o

unnamed:
Peterko
Fatum
Devilkid

unnamed:
Rex Iudeorum
HolyKnight
psychup2034

There are some other hypothetical teams, but they haven't been confirmed as of yet. Right now we have 12 confirmed teams, so all we need is 4 more teams to confirm and this thing will get under way. For those teams that aren't named, be sure to post what you would like to be called--your team name could live in infamy!

In addition, I just want to warn people that they might want to brush up on ALL of their battling skills.

Is it too late to throw my hat into this? If anyone's trying to make a team, I'm available.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Decent at GSC (skills have deteriorated), above-average at ADV, terrible at RBY. Just a heads up.

Btw dude I'm afraid that the initial thread has been deleted. Could you plz repost the rules and the date of the tournament so I can prepare my team? ._.

tnx in adv

If anyone needs a GSC player, I'm definitely down. During January, I'm going to be at school taking one class for Winter Study, so I'll have a shitload of time for this kind of thing.

Perhaps changed my mind. Locke/Arcturus, care to form a team? I can do RBY or Advance, I could do GSC but I'm not any good at it.

Arcturus has agreed, and the (at least temporary) name for our team is:
Team Hi
- Locke
- Arcturus
- Mekkah

:)

Mekkah said:
Arcturus has agreed, and the (at least temporary) name for our team is:
Team Hi
- Locke
- Arcturus
- Mekkah

:)

I like our team's chances. I respect both of you guys as battlers, so I'm happy to be able to kick ass in this tourney 8)

Fuzion and I have been trying to put a team together but we're having trouble finding a GSC player. PM either/both of us if you want to get in.

god dammit

my internet went out almost the same day this topic started

if anyone needs an rs player, i am open. just need to brush up on my skills early jan.

Team Name: I can't believe I got stuck with these two.
Redwall
Fuzion
Raikou21

Hopefully Fuzion and Raikou will read their PMs and remember to confirm.

Btw, our whole team agrees that our team name will be "SnatchBusters".

"We'll bust in your snatch!" --zfs

Also...
havoc said:
In addition, I just want to warn people that they might want to brush up on ALL of their battling skills.
I don't think it's fair if you ask everyone to battle every area, because we made these teams under the assumption that one person can do one thing the whole way. Sure it's not that hard to battle another version, but if you have one person who is good at RS but sucks at rby and gsc, then it's very screwy, and the better team will lose because they can't battle what they are best as.

So if you want to make everyone battle all versions, please make that explicit somewhere in the rules, if you don't intend on doing this, havoc, please clarify.

Thank you.

--- Psych

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think it's fair if you ask everyone to battle every area, because we made these teams under the assumption that one person can do one thing the whole way...

So if you want to make everyone battle all versions, please make that explicit somewhere in the rules...
If I wanted to make everyone battle all three versions, I would have put that in the rules.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

But can you also explain what this means or infers...
havoc said:
Why all battling skills if everyone won't have to do all three?

--- Psych

Well, maybe it's because you don't have to do the same version the whole tourney..You do realize some teams don't have a designated player in each version so I doubt a team of 3 rby'ers would like one guy to GSC every round..The whole point is that you can switch around, and if you want to be successful in that, you better brush up.

psychup2034 said:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

But can you also explain what this means or infers...
Why all battling skills if everyone won't have to do all three?

--- Psych

To help build teams for the team to use? To give strategies?

JMC

Old as dirt.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Aeroblacktyl said:
Well, maybe it's because you don't have to do the same version the whole tourney..You do realize some teams don't have a designated player in each version so I doubt a team of 3 rby'ers would like one guy to GSC every round..The whole point is that you can switch around, and if you want to be successful in that, you better brush up.
That, and for the first three rounds, you can be unpredictable.

Example : Syb, me, and Roy are a team. Roy is playing rby, I'm taking gsc, and syb is going for rse. This is okay if we keep it like this, but then I see that my opponent has a team that will completely counter mine. However, his team lays waste to RBY, and RSE is iffy. Now normally I would just switch over to RBY, and everything would be okay, but Roy even admits he's not that great at Metallics, so even if i were to win my game, that means the match between Syb and the rse player is going to decide the round, and we would be in no better shape than before.

But oh my! Syberia has just told me that he's faced that guys' team, and he has just the team to waste the gsc player. Woo! Who needs RSE then? So I take the switch and go as the rse player this round.

Syb wins the match 5-0, but Roy, of course, got completely luck haxxed and lost the match 2-0. Three freezes in a row is a bitch.

So now it's up to me. If I hadn't been practicing for the past week with RS, there is no way i'd stand a chance. But I have been practicing, and it payed off as I narrowly won the match 1-0, with my Starmie scoring a finishing Ice Beam to his Salamence. Woo.

Basically, having three players who can be diverse is always nice, just in case one can't handle it.

Another reason is to fool you opponents. Let's say we all can play all three versions(haha roy playing gsc). we could outpredict our opponent's by switching player styles, so a 3-rounder might look like this:

(players in rby/gsc/rse order)
Round 1
Roy/JMC/Syberia

Round 2
JMC/Syberia/Roy

Round 3
Syberia/Roy/JMC

Round 4
JMC/Roy/Syberia

Semi-Final
Roy/Syberia/JMC

Finals
Syberia/JMC/Roy

That would be a bitch to go against, since you aren't sure how they play. Sure JMC won 2-0 RBY, but I doubt he is going to use Exeggutor and Golem in RSE. And Roy may have won 4-0 in RSE, but how well can he handle Blissey w/o the EVs?

The best game to play is a mind game, since most of the time, you can make your opponent stumble at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)