New team is this (with DH in bold)

Qwilfish (0.55)
Jellicent (1.43)

Blissey (6.21)
Gligar (6.22)
Pidgeot (10.69)
Feraligatr (9.27)

New total: 34.37

So, Registeel wasn't handling higher ladder so well. It's all the mixed mons and crits that really gave him trouble. He could set up like a boss against CurseLax, M-Aero, etc.. But, some of the tier's top wallbreakers (Salamence, Heracross, Lucario and Infernape) gave him way too much trouble. I dropped Regi for a better sweeper in Gatr, replaced M-Aero with Gligar as hazard layer/remover and replaced Hydre with WU M-Pidgeot.

Overall, my experiences with Qwilfish and Jelli have been very positive. There have been sometimes when I run into powerful boosters and it relies heavily on double switching and predicting (Slurpuff is a big pain in the butt). Not sure if I want to keep going with this team though, especially with the Victini test starting this weekend (ugh).

My Dark Horse team:
73 | Tangrowth | 2.02407%
87 | Tyrantrum | 1.26499%
96 | Seismitoad | 1.01471%

3 | Forretress | 16.83092%
35 | Nidoking | 6.68316%
40 | Ampharos | 6.07685%

Total: 33.8947%

This team looks weird as all getout, but I'm still going to give it a shot during some of the incoming suspect ladder under the alt MrDarkhorseman24.

So, I got the okay to start a new thread for Dark Horse. But, I think we will finish this month up first since its more than half over. But, Dark Horse format will be changing next month, so finish this month and keep your eyes peeled for the new thread over the next 2 weeks!

Edit:

If anybody is able to, or interested, in creating a new banner, please let me know!

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, I got the okay to start a new thread for Dark Horse. But, I think we will finish this month up first since its more than half over. But, Dark Horse format will be changing next month, so finish this month and keep your eyes peeled for the new thread over the next 2 weeks!

Edit:

If anybody is able to, or interested, in creating a new banner, please let me know!
Notify me when you create the new thread so I can update resource thread.

So, after doing a few battles with my team, I noticed a huge weakness to Ice and that while Ampharos is kinda nifty, it doesn't have as much utility on the team as I'd like it to. SO, here's my new team (now with 25% more Dark Horse!):
Dark Horse team:
73 | Tangrowth | 2.02407%
87 | Tyrantrum | 1.26499%
96 | Seismitoad | 1.01471%
62 | Slowking | 3.82884%

5 | Empoleon | 14.13860%
55 | Abomasnow | 4.32365%

Edit: Forgot the Total: 26.59466%

Swapping out Amphy for Aboma and Forre for Empoleon should make for an interesting team list. It should allow for a little more playing around with sets because of the versatility options added with them. I swapped out Nidoking for Slowking just for the Trick Room capabilities, especially with so many of my team members being good for mixed sets with -Spe. I've never run Trick Room before, so this is definitely going to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)