The Walkthrough Tournament XY Edition - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Originally hosted by RBG
Approved by me

Thanks Scepticallistic for this amazing banner
Rules

1. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon X/Y Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability, item availability and friendship. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

Lumiose City

Level Restriction: 12

Pokemon Available

Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Caterpie (+ evolutions)
Weedle (+ evolutions)
Pidgey
Zigzagoon
Fletchling
Bunnelby
Scatterbug (+ evolutions)
Pikachu
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Dunsparce
Azurill
Bidoof
Burmy
Farfetch'd
Psyduck
Riolu
Litleo
Ledyba
Ralts
Skitty
Budew
Combee
Flabébé
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Technical Machines Available:

TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM18 (Rain Dance)
TM27 (Return)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Struggle Bug)
TM78 (Bulldoze)
TM83 (Infestation)

Items Available:

Light Ball
Oran Berry
Stick
Leppa Berry
Poison Barb
King's Rock
Quick Claw (one)

Friendship Limit:

150 (Return's Strength: 60)

2. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

3. Only ONE Starter Pokemon may be used on any team, as well, this Starter Pokemon will be the only one you may use for the entirety of the tournament (thought you can get two starters from the same evolutionary line once the Pension is released). The same rule apply with the Kanto starters.

4. From the moment you use a Pokemon specific to Pokemon X or Y, you should use the same version until the end of the tournament.

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. Xerneas, Yvertal, Torchic, Combusken and Blaziken are banned.

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

8. To avoid an exessively unbalanced metagame, Pokemon evolving by trading and evolutionary stones from the Super Training will be banned during the first rounds of the tournament.

How to know if your move is legal or not (please read at least once, even if you know every mechanics):

I am going to take Farfetch'd as an example, because he shows pretty much every trap.

First of all, I suggest Serebii's dex to everyone, because it is ready. Last time I checked, bulbapedia was a bit late and some of the pokemons didn't have VI gen datas. So just type "Farfetch'd XY serebii" in google, and the first link should be the good one: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/083.shtml

Level-up moves: You can only get moves learnt before the level limit (pretty obvious). Farfetch'd learns Knock Off at level 13, so it is illegal for the first round. There is a trick here, about the moves learnt at the earliest levels: The lowest level you will find a Farfetch'd is six (you can clic on the details about location, it will be indicated). So when caught at level 6, Farfetch'd will have the 4 furthest moves in his Level Up list: Peck, Sand Attack, Leer and Fury Cutter. In other words, Brave Bird and Poison Jab are illegal until the player reachs Dendemille Town (where the Move Relearner is).
Also if your Pokemon learns a move at level 25 but the limit is 24, you might want to check the pre-evolution: It may learns it at an earlier level.

Move Tutors: In this generation, there is a very limited number of move tutors (actually, only three move tutors, and two of them are only for the starter Pokemons). I will still indicate when those get released.

Pokemon Pension: From the second round, the Pension will be available. It means that for any Pokemon that can be female, the lowest level you can have is one. It may release a couple of moves for the Pokemons who can only get caught at a high level.

Move relearner: From Dendemille Town (Probably round 4 or 5, I am not sure yet), you will be able to play with every level-up move. It means Brave Bird and Poison Jab.

Hidden Abilities: Hidden Abilities are only available for Pokemons in a horde. I will indicate which Pokemon are, but it does not exist in the first round.

Note about the Egg Moves: I firstly planned to allow these, but only if they would be available at this point of the game. But then I realised that for someone who does not know every mechanic yet, it would be too much of a research. Even while knowing these, I realised how hard it is to explain, to check every potential parent, etc. For this reason (and because this is a fun tournament, I don't want to force you to take 2 hours to make a team), Egg Moves are banned.

Round 2:

DHR-107 vs cbt
Raichy vs FLCL
Fuzznip vs Anno nyme
majaspic22 vs mfhoundoom
Beast Mode vs Bazion
Cherub Agent vs Perche No Fai
shartruce2 vs Lunar.
CrashingBoomBang vs DTC
Imanalt vs Raseri
pokebasket vs Chieliee
Alf' vs Level 51
Psychotic vs Laurel
Yoshidraak vs rewindman
dragonuser vs complete legitimacy
Lasagne21 vs -Manu-
Snaquaza vs Eo Ut Mortus

The deadline for the second round is the 21th of December

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 2: Battle for the Mega-Ring

Level Restriction: 35

Chespin / Quilladin
Fennekin / Braixen
Froakie / Frogadier
Caterpie (+ evolutions)
Weedle (+ evolutions)
Pidgey / Pidgeotto
Zigzagoon / Linoone
Fletchling (+ evolutions)
Bunnelby / Diggersby
Scatterbug (+ evolutions)
Pichu / Pikachu
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Dunsparce
Azurill
Bidoof / Bibarel
Burmy (+ evolutions)
Farfetch'd
Psyduck / Golduck
Riolu
Litleo / Pyroar
Ledyba / Ledian
Ralts / Kirlia / Gardevoir
Skitty
Budew / Roselia (hidden)
Combee / Vespiqueen
Flabébé / Floette
Bulbasaur (+ evolutions)
Charmander / Charmeleon
Squirtle / Wartortle
Abra / Kadabra
Doduo / Dodrio
Gulpin / Swalot (hidden)
Plusle (hidden)
Minun (hidden)
Furfrou
Skiddo / Gogoat
Pancham / Pangoro
Scraggy (hidden)
Oddish / Gloom
Sentret / Furret
Nincada (+ evolutions)
Kecleon
Espurr / Meowstic
Honedge / Doublade
Venipede (+ evolutions)
Audino
Magikarp / Gyarados
Smeargle
Psyduck / Golduck (hidden)
Hoppip (+ evolutions), (hidden)
Croagunk
Volbeat
Illumise
Ducklett / Swanna
Spritzee (Pokemon X)
Swirlix (Pokemon Y)
Snorlax
Zubat / Golbat (hidden)
Whismur / Loudred (hidden)
Axew (hidden)
Meditite
Taillow / Swellow (hidden)
Wingull / Pelipper (hidden)
Zangoose (hidden)
Seviper (hidden)
Dwebble / Crustle
Binacle
Luvdisc
Spoink / Grumpig
Absol
Bagon / Shelgon
Drifloon / Drifblim
Mienfoo
Inkay / Malamar
Aerodactyl
Tyrunt OR Amaura
Hippopotas / Hippowdon
Sandile / Krokorok
Helioptile
Machop / Machoke
Onix / Steelix
Cubone / Marowak
Rhyhorn
Kangaskhan
Mawile
Lunatone
Solrock
Woobat
Ferroseed
Eevee / Sylveon
Snubbull / Granbull
Houndour / Houndoom (Pokemon X), (hidden)
Electrike / Manectric (Pokemon Y), (hidden)
Sigilyph
Emolga
Golett
Hawlucha
Yanma / Yanmega (hidden)
Nosepass (hidden)
Nidoran F / Nidorina (hidden)
Nidoran M / Nidorino (hidden)
Starly (+ evolutions), (hidden)
Stunky / Skuntank (hidden)
Makuhita / Hariyama
Chingling
Throh (Pokemon Y)
Sawk (Pokemon X)
Dedenne
Mime Jr. / Mr. Mime (hidden)
Roggenrola / Boldore (hidden)
Carbink (hidden)
Solosis / Duosion
Sableye
Wobbuffet

TM01 (Hone Claws)
TM09 (Venoshock)
TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM17 (Protect)
TM18 (Rain Dance)
TM21 (Frustration)
TM27 (Return)
TM39 (Rock Tomb)
TM40 (Aerial Ace)
TM44 (Rest)
TM46 (Thief)
TM47 (Low Sweep)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM66 (Payback)
TM69 (Rock Polish)
TM70 (Flash)
TM73 (Thunder Wave)
TM74 (Gyro Ball)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Struggle Bug)
TM78 (Bulldoze)
TM83 (Infestation)
TM88 (Sleep Talk)
TM94 (Rock Smash)
TM96 (Nature Power)
TM98 (Power-Up Punch)
HM01 (Cut)
HM04 (Strength)

Held Items:
Light Ball
Stick
Poison Barb
King's Rock
Quick Claw (one)
TwistedSpoon
Sharp Beak
Berry Juice (one)
Sweet Heart
Miracle Seed (one)
Silver Powder (one)
Hard Stone
Soft Sand
Destiny Knot
Mind Plate
Rocky Helmet (one)
Black Belt
Earth Plate (one)
Eviolite (one)
Thick Club
Wide Lens
Quick Claw
Dragon Fang
Black Sludge
Shed Shell
Sticky Barb
Light Clay
Mental Herb

Berries:
Oran
Leppa
Cheri
Chesto
Pecha
Rawst
Aspear
Aguav
Persim
Mago
Iapapa
Sitrus
Qualot
Hondew
Pomeg
Kelpsy

Evolutionary Stones:
From next round, the evolutionary stones will be unlimited (due to Super Training). To avoid too powerful Pokemons too fast, only the stones found in-game are available at the moment:

Sun Stone (one): Bellossom, Heliolisk
Water Stone (one): Vaporeon, Simipour
Leaf Stone (one): Vileplume, Simisage
Fire Stone (one): Flareon, Simisear
Thunder Stone (two): Raichu, Jolteon
Moon Stone (one): Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Delcatty

Friendship Limit:
200 (last round without the evolutions based on happiness)

This battle is meant to happen at the top of the Tower of Mastery, right before getting Lucario and the Mega-Ring. You did not leave Shalour City yet, and you did not get Surf yet. If I forgot anything (which is pretty likely since there are many things available), just point it out and I will fix that. You are not allowed to play what I would have forgotten before posting it in the thread.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
gdi
contacted

edit:
question: is happiness 0 + frustration allowed?

Last edited:
Sorry to speak french but I have a big question : Tu marques qu'on peut avoir que Hebizarre sauf que Florizarre c'est lvl32, ensuite c'est possible d'avoir un Pokémon avec des attaques par reproductions, vu que c'est dit nul part je demande, pareil avec la technique du stade évolutif le plus faible pour apprendre les attaques et évoluer avant le niveau 35 ? Sorry.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Manu's question: You've written that only ivysaur is available when venusaur is (level 32), then what about egg moves / waiting before the evolution to get a move at an earlier level then evolving at level 35 (instead of 32 for example)?

So yes, my bad, Ivysaur evolves before the other starters. Venusaur is available. Egg moves banned, it's actually written. You can wait the level 35 before the evolution.

I have forgotten a bunch of held items from wild pokemon, I'm editing that as well right now

In the last post of the first round's threat, it's written I got the win against juanpa, and in this threat juanpa is paired with fuzznip.
Have I just read badly ?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
cbt Has said I can have the win if we do not get a chance to battle before the time limit.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
It is close to impossible to know every move that smeargle could have at a certain point of the game. For this reason, Smeargle is not limited and can run every move you want (except chatter horn drill minimize etc)

you have Fraxure listed when Axew only evolves at L38
Also I am really bad at this, of course it's banned, thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)