The Well #37 - Haunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
What's your opinion of me as a user?
I have mixed feelings about you. I used to hate your continued attempts at acting like a moderator. Lately you seem to have fixed your behavior so I'm looking at you more respectfully.
How did you find out about Smogon?
Found a link to some thread on an italian Pokemon related site.
What Rory said.
but you do remember our old hangout, #bloonip, right???

Topic for #bloonip is: [23:00:18]tab do you like dick [23:00:20]Haunter I prefer dogs
Damn, that twisted log -_-

What's your favourite Italian city?

You mentioned Berlusconi earlier; why do you think he managed to retain power for so long?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Lol, random questions comin at ya!

1) Top 6 favorite pokemon period! (obligatory PKGaming question)
2) Opinion on the BW OU metagame as a whole?
3) You presented some fairly convincing points arguing against Manaphy getting banned in DP OU. Do you still stand by it?
4) Are you a fan of the changes brought by BW2?
5) You have a bromance with Bloo y/y

Since this your well thread I might as well straight and be honest here. I thought the Haunter @ choice scarf gimmick was lame :d.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to November 2009.

Alchemator said:

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Bold
Ability: Technician
EVs: 510Spe
- Trick
- Rule Quote
- Lock
- Infract

Trick:
Trick is the crux of this set, allowing Haunter to Lock multiple types of offending RMT and give access to his unresisted type coverage.

Rule Quote: Haunter's main weapon, this means no RMT nub can blag his/her way out of a Rule Breaking. Depending on the IVs of the opposing RMT the quote can be any from 1-13, but a quote of rule three is definitely the most common and powerful - definitely something that should be prepared for!

Lock: After asking the owner of the opposing RMT to question him/herself with a Rule Quote Haunter moves in for the 2HKO with Lock - an automatic paralysis move that stops flaming and spamming from other noobs. Lock by itself has unresisted coverage, but it hits every type of Smogoner supereffectively when combined with Rule Quote and...

Infract: Haunter's deadliest weapon, so deadly that even the great Chaos must fear it. If the opposing RMT has annoyed Haunter before, this is the attack that is launched. Infract makes Haunter a great counter to First-Post Smogoners who are either OHKO'd or forced to add more depth to their RMT via PM.

Bold nature because it helps Haunter defend against teams copied from the RMT archive and because he always gets where no rater has gone before, before any other mod can. Technician was chosen over Quick Feet because it takes a lot of forum know-how to use all three of Haunter's attacking moves. 510 Speed EVs allow Haunter to outspeed any other Smogoner and assure a quick KO.

I need help with the other five members of my team, but I have no idea what they are and I have to go because I do I'll get it done later bai :D

haunter

Banned deucer.
What's your favourite Italian city?
I love my native land so I'm obliged to say Naples.
You mentioned Berlusconi earlier; why do you think he managed to retain power for so long?
Lack of real alternatives, really.
Lol, random questions comin at ya!

1) Top 6 favorite pokemon period! (obligatory PKGaming question)
Uh, I don't think I understand what you're asking here. Periods as in portions of a given generation?
2) Opinion on the BW OU metagame as a whole?
Some people keep saying that BW OU is centralized, unbalanced etc. but I think it's a much more enjoyable metagame than the one that we achieved at the end of Gen IV. As I said earlier, it's a great environment for those who like offensive playstyles.
3) You presented some fairly convincing points arguing against Manaphy getting banned in DP OU. Do you still stand by it?
I think that Manaphy's ban was too fast, I would not be opposed to re-testing it later in Gen V. In a metagame with Keldeo, Thundurus, Lati@s and where scarfers are viable again after Exadrill's ban, I don't think that Manaphy would result overpowered, even with permanent rain.
4) Are you a fan of the changes brought by BW2?
I love the new genies formes and Keldeo and none of them seems broken after the first days of play. Actually Landorus-T is very disappointing imo. Fuck GF for turning Kyurem from UU material to Uber with their ridiculous Atk\SpA stats.
5) You have a bromance with Bloo y/y
Answered this already. There's no romance in my relationship with Bloo. Just look at our conversations via VM for confirmation :)

Since this your well thread I might as well straight and be honest here. I thought the Haunter @ choice scarf gimmick was lame :d.
LOL
Welcome to November 2009.
Ahah, yeah I remember that set. Very powerful one :)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
period = end of story

like if i were to say "morm deserves to be banned, period" it means "morm deserves to be banned, there is no doubt about it and if you say something in opposition i will just ignore you because you're stupid"

so "favorite six pokemon period" means "list your favorite six pokemon, don't try and make exceptions, don't dodge the question, don't try and weasel your way into making seven or eight or five, just list six mons"

also bromance ≠ romance lol, and you def have a bromance with bloo

haunter

Banned deucer.
period = end of story

like if i were to say "morm deserves to be banned, period" it means "morm deserves to be banned, there is no doubt about it and if you say something in opposition i will just ignore you because you're stupid"

so "favorite six pokemon period" means "list your favorite six pokemon, don't try and make exceptions, don't dodge the question, don't try and weasel your way into making seven or eight or five, just list six mons"
Okay, thanks professor. Then it's the list I already posted (Haunter-Garchomp-Latios-Salamence-Deoxys-A) plus Rayquaza. Yes I love dragon types.
also bromance ≠ romance lol, and you def have a bromance with bloo
If you say so...

Thoughts on re-testing Blaziken, Deoxys-S, Excadrill, Garchomp, Manaphy, and Thundurus in OU?

Do you think in the above situation that it would be more prudent to test them all at once, or one at a time?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Thoughts on re-testing Blaziken, Deoxys-S, Excadrill, Garchomp, Manaphy, and Thundurus in OU?
Bolded the ones I'd be happy to re-test. Actually if we ban Sand Veil I believe that Garchomp should be unbanned by default when it gets Rough Skin.
Do you think in the above situation that it would be more prudent to test them all at once, or one at a time?
I would test them separately.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Why do you not play tournaments
Too lazy to try to arrange battles.
Will you be happy when I leave
Why should I?
PS is the simulator of the future. It's browser based and the people who developed it will be working with us to adapt it to Smogon needs.
Favorite novel?
The Count of Montecristo by Alexandre Dumas.
Currently, who's the worst / best administrator from your point of view? Why?
I don't think there's a best\worst one. We work as a team respecting each other's areas of competence.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Haunter, remember me? What's your opinion of me?

Least favourite pokemon, design wise?

Least favourite OU pokemon?

You've been around for quite a while, becoming a very important person in the process. Have you ever felt that you spend too much of your time on Smogon and need to take a break from all responsibilities?

Tonight's score?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are you enjoying your well so far =)?

What's been the greatest challenge so far in the transition to Pokemon Showdown! from PO?

What is your favorite part of Smogon culture?

I've always admired how active you are in the OU SQSA thread. Do you have any thoughts on your activity there? Why are you so dedicated to that topic? Do you have a philosophy for posting there frequently?

Do you enjoy being an administrator? What is your favorite duty to perform in that capacity?

I read earlier that you're a dog person over a cat person (I think?). Why is that?

What was your favorite activity to participate in when you were a kid?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hello Haunter, remember me? What's your opinion of me?
Of course I do. My opinion is that you should be more active :)
Least favourite pokemon, design wise?
Vanilluxe\Garbodor. Game Freak had to be really out of ideas...
Least favourite OU pokemon?
Ferrothorn. It's just too annoying to take down.
You've been around for quite a while, becoming a very important person in the process. Have you ever felt that you spend too much of your time on Smogon and need to take a break from all responsibilities?
Definitely. Smogon (like other internet communities) can become very addicting, especially when you get important resposibilities.
Tonight's score?
Eh, it's going to be a balanced match imo. I hope we win. If I had to predict then I'd say 2-1 for Italy.

Are you enjoying your well so far =)?
Yes, but my fingers hurt :)
What's been the greatest challenge so far in the transition to Pokemon Showdown! from PO?
Setting the new authority system.
What is your favorite part of Smogon culture?
Giving anybody the chance to contribute and earn a status within the community.
I've always admired how active you are in the OU SQSA thread. Do you have any thoughts on your activity there? Why are you so dedicated to that topic? Do you have a philosophy for posting there frequently?
Thanks. Well I think that the SQ\SA thread is very important for newcomers to get acquainted to Smogon rules and traditions. The philosophy is that I believe that older and more experienced members should always try to help new ones integrate themselves within the community. When I was a newbie on Smogon I still remember older members like Syberia helping me, even via pm. I really appreciated it so I try to do the same with the new generations of users.
Do you enjoy being an administrator? What is your favorite duty to perform in that capacity?
Of course I do. Being and admin is an honor for me. My favourite duty is badging people. When I became Team Rater badgeleader and later PO admin I used to hate having to continuously ask Mekkah to badge people for me. Being able to badge them myself was really a relief.
I read earlier that you're a dog person over a cat person (I think?). Why is that?
I've never really liked cats, I hate their claws. If I had to be an animal then I'd prefer to be a dog :)
What was your favorite activity to participate in when you were a kid?
Football (soccer). I've always loved playing it.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay i'm going for round 3 of questions

if you could be any pokemon, what would you be? and the answer can't be haunter

:D or :) or ^_^ which is your favorite?

if you could time travel to the past, what day would you pick and why?

if you could be part of the production team for the pokemon games, what would you include and why?

what would you do if you were a ginger?

name every tab you have open right now

if you could add any badge to your profile without anyone questioning it, what badge would you add?

new york or los angeles?

why do you think people want to know your favorite latin phrase? it's a dead language and even i dont think you're old enough to have been alive when it was still current. :P

facebook vs twitter who wins in a fight?

(16:18:11) +Haunter: how do you block a cock?

favorite kind of dog?

are you allergic to anything?

mozzarella or tomatoes pick ONE

are my questions annoying yet? :)

will you ever re-accept my smogon friend request?

opinion of people who ask about your opinion of them in your well?

^_^

haunter

Banned deucer.
okay i'm going for round 3 of questions

if you could be any pokemon, what would you be? and the answer can't be haunter
Either a poweful dragon type or Arceus ^_^
:D or :) or ^_^ which is your favorite?
See above.
if you could time travel to the past, what day would you pick and why?
Jan 11, 1996. I'd prevent a certain person's birth ^_^
if you could be part of the production team for the pokemon games, what would you include and why?
I'd try to make the game more competitive. I'd remove shit abilities like sand veil and snow cloak to begin. I'd remove the random IVs system for something easier to control. I'd give aura sphere to more Pokemon.
what would you do if you were a ginger?
I'd have probably committed suicide already ^_^
name every tab you have open right now
Smogon, TuttoNapoli, Facebook, Pokemon Showdown.
if you could add any badge to your profile without anyone questioning it, what badge would you add?
Programmer lol
new york or los angeles?
I should visit them before deciding but you live in NY so I'll have to opt for LA ^_^
why do you think people want to know your favorite latin phrase? it's a dead language and even i dont think you're old enough to have been alive when it was still current. :P
Lol, nice one. Well, latin is the roots of italian and many other languages. Knowing it is much like knowing history.
facebook vs twitter who wins in a fight?
I only use FB. Not sure what's better.
(16:18:11) +Haunter: how do you block a cock?

Damn.
favorite kind of dog?
Beagle.
are you allergic to anything?
Nothing but gingers...
mozzarella or tomatoes pick ONE
Tomatoes.
are my questions annoying yet? :)
No.
will you ever re-accept my smogon friend request?
I accepted it already a couple of weeks ago lol.
opinion of people who ask about your opinion of them in your well?
They know that my judgement is more important than Arceus'.
^_^

am i allowed to take credit for your administrator badge since i technically gave you your start when i captained team europe (joke) (im joking)

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if i destroyed all the team xxxx social groups would you commend me or demod me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)