The World Cup of Pokémon 2021 - Qualifying Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CORRUPT Elites of Smogon's US South continues their nefarious acts by bullying my dear friend Samqian =(!
Many of you may not know this but Sam's family restaurant had to be closed down due to COVID as shown in the image below!
1619455573573.png

That is why Sam is angry a lot of the time (as you many may have noticed)! However, Sam was looking really forward to start in WCOP, yet the CORRUPT US SOUTH prevent him from doing so and hold him hostage as a substitute ;_;!!
First the CORRUPT US SOUTH prevents the TRUE US SOUTH captained by xtra$hine from competing, are now bullying my dear friend Samqian!
I pray that one of the teams here may defeat this truly evil organization!!!

I hope that people that may see this post will cheer up Samqian on his profile page! I'm sure it would make his day =)!!

DOWN with the CORRUPT US SOUTH!!!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Somewhat biased cuisine power rankings for the qualifying round:

India - "I could murder an Indian right now x" is a very common phrase in most British dialects, although the meaning has changed over time as we have become more progressive and accepting of our Indian brothers and sisters. All the greatest curries from around the world owe respect to India. Where would the British public be without their Vindaloos? The Jamaicans without their curry goat? The Japanese armies without their katsu curry? There's a reason the British public's favourite dish is the Chicken Tikka Masala. Mango Lassie is the only drink you need in life. Shout out 1 True Lycan for showing me the wave. You always get the people showing off how spicy their curries are (shade, Triangles) contrasting the less spice-resistant few (Astamatitos) who are quietly suffering, sweating buckets, gulping down water, and staring blank into the face of the lava that sits on their plate atop their rice, though still enjoying their wholesome, thick, gloopy meal.

Africa - Africa have the unfair advantage of being a continent, and not actually a country (that's right, Americans, you learn something new everyday!). Hence, they have a wide range of cuisines. West African countries fight over who has the best jollof rice. I grew up eating Ghanaian, but my (Nigerian diaspora) ex would kill me if I didn't say hers was the best. It's also the only one I know how to make. Big up Mozambique for influencing the UK and infiltrating our culture with their cheeky Nando's piri piri chicken. North Africa gave us hummus, tagine, salads, all things your hippy aunt can't get enough of. South African barbecues (Braai) are to die for. Big up SOMALIA, I had my first Somali meal a few months ago and it banged.

Argentina - They created dulce de leche and have steaks to die for. Any Brit that's been to Gaucho in London knows that the Argentinians know how to do a good steak (and also burn a hole in your pocket). We may have won the Falklands, but you have won over my tastebuds.

China - No one:... Fiat500 Twitter:
Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 15.26.30.png

Chinese food has become the default takeaway option of both the basic white girl (fiat500) and Jamaicans in London. Don't ask how, I don't know either. While I absolutely despise the takeaways due to how greasy they make the food, I can't bring myself to hate authentic Chinese food. While I have it lower down the Asian food rankings than most people, Chinese food is decent. Very varied too, so does get bonus points. Triangles, Altina, Draceius and I indulged in a delectable Dim Sum meal in London. Perhaps it's my Japanese half that underrates it.

UK - Whether you believe it was out of rebellion to King Henry VIII's rejection of the Catholic Church so he could pipe the instagram influencers of his time, or King Edward VI's ingenious economic trick to save the dying fishing industry (Boris please take notes), all that matters is that you can walk down to your local chippy and pick up a portion of fish and chips (prices have been rising exponentially for years though Boris, again, sort it out mate). Sprinkle on some salt, drench the chips in malt vinegar, and spread tartar sauce on the fish. Bish. Bash. Bosh. The greatest meal known to man.
We also have the greatest breakfast in the world. The English Breakfast is just whatever the fuck you want it to be. Best hangover cure to compliment our binge drinking culture.
A Sunday roast is pretty good, though once a week makes it pretty boring.
Haggis is perhaps the most underrated British food. Sounds like it would be disgusting, but is actually incredible. Big up bugzinator.
Unfortunately, outside that and some nice desserts, our cuisine is pretty bland. There is a lot of "batter it and see how it goes". Yorkshire pudding is overrated as fuck. There. I said it.

DISCLAIMER: NOT HAD ENOUGH FROM THE CUNTRIES BELOW HERE SO DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR TO RANK THEM

Belgium - Belgium is best known for its chocolate, waffles, fries and beer, but its cuisine obviously stretches further than that. A quick google search tells me their main food is mainly just other European foods.

Canada - Not had it before but seems like fancy European food. Maple syrup is nice though.

Bangladesh - Only had this once at my friend's house and it was pretty good. Can't comment much. Jalebi and baafi (I know they are also Indian) are great sweets. Quite similar to Indian, presumably.

Pakistan - Never had it before, though Triangles tells me the Keema is nice. Dunno what that is though. Again, probably very similar to Indian.

Austria - Nice food, looks basically German. They have shit beer though, so that puts them at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)