The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited for you until 4 AM my time (which is 7PM your time), and then went to bed because I was pretty tired. I hope I can catch you tonight, but I'm not staying up until 4 AM again because I've got college tomorrow.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
since many people seem to be working things out i will give them the chance to battle, but not too much longer for sure. picklesword has promised to be on at 5:00 EST tomorrow and I will be on around that time if I can get home soon enough, so hopefully that happens

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alright, its currently 15th April for me so if you guys aren't done by 16th April, I'll be making a few disqualifications and going ahead. (I'm GMT +8).

I had a PM from maddog, who said he was sorry as he had a hectic week. I've told him I'm 9 hours ahead of him, and that 2 AM my time (5 PM his time) is the last I can do the battle. I hope I can do it tonight, or tomorrownight.

I lost to Jackal, really that game was no fun. It was like rolling nothing but "1"s the whole time. Sorry West, I got "Jacked", no pun intended.

Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
life remains in Canada heh won against picklesword with the help of some friendly neighbourhood hax.

i was due though after that game against lockon round one

really though pokemon sucks

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Team Asia has basically claimed the league once again, with a running high of 24 points and the most people still alive!

Team Metro had a good start, but they simply got destroyed this round!

Jackal

ok the final three matches have been decided (one via dq two via coin flip) and the pairings for round three are made.

I will post the round three thread tomorrow at 5pm EST. If any of the three remaining battles actually go down between now and then I will accept the result. Thanks everyone for being awesome.

Also we are toying with the possibility of round 3 being best of three to create more of a "playoff" atmosphere and to eliminate the element of hax as much as possible. Feedback on that would be nice from the round three competitors. Right now we are leaning towards "yes"

PS: sorry shiv chem lab got in the way so I couldnt post it tonight! I will do it though :)

Huh, against best of 3 idea. You get hacked, so be it, that's part of tournaments. You get lucky, then take what you can move on. All this is doing is promoting that DP is further more team based than it already is.

I would agree on the best of 3 format if it were later rounds right now its still early also go asia good thing people forgot that this tourney goes past R1 !!

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so do i, enough to actually post in the forum of the part of competitive pokemon i like the least (because one single-elimination tournament doesnt necessarily prove much of anything as far as skill goes)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, while you all know I love the Bo3 idea (if it were up to me, it would be a Bo17, lol), I do NOT support it being implemented in the middle of the tournament.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well, it won't be affecting the points format or anything. If you win the bo3 you simply get 1 win and 1 bonus that was previously decided for this round.

goddamn im on the official server and lonelyness is too but he doesnt answer to the pm ;-;

e: after pming him since 14 oclock gmt +1 signed off at 17oclock with no answer....

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uhh, changing the process to get that 1 point and 1 point bonus mid-tournament is still unacceptable to me...

I PMed maddog last night (he sent me a PM around 9:31PM, and I replied at 9:34PM) but he didn't respond back. He promised me he'll be on tonight at 11 PM GMT+1, so I hope I can get the battle done. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)