ORAS OU TheHyperOffenseBeta1

Hey, this is my first RMT, and my first attempt at HO. I haven't laddered that much yet, but I wanna get a good start and I think getting advice on my team from experts would be fantastic. Now lets meet the members of my crew.

In Depth Analysis

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse

Substitute is to avoid status moves and keep Serperior safe from at least 1 hit. HP Fire is to kill Scizor, Ferrothorn and other steel types that otherwise wall it (besides Heatran). Leaf Storm is the spam move for Contrary, and Dragon Pulse for coverage, and especially for dragons like Latios and Garchomp because Serperior outspeeds all of them (not including scarfs or +1 speed).

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Scald
-Hidden Power [Electric]

Choice Specs help boost Keldeo's power to scary levels. Scald is to burn and hit hard, while Hydro Pump is there if extra power is needed. Secret Sword can hit physically and HP Electric is to hit water types like Slowbro and Azumarill. Switching into a Choice Spec Keldeo can be extremely difficult once its checks are gone, and therefore makes it a powerhouse on the team.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Knock Off
Iron Head

Focus Sash is to make sure Stealth Rock is used, and it can be a help when facing a sweeper. For example, if Mega Altaria set up 2 dragon dances and Bisharp is at full health, you can hit then very hard with Iron Head while they attempt to kill you. Sucker Punch is standard priority on Bisharp and Stealth Rock is just plain necessary on most teams. Knock off is there to get rid of Eviolite and choice items. Iron Head is to murder annoying fairies. Max speed is used to outspeed Azumarill and other slow pokes.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Mega Manectric is able to stop Talonflame and other birdspam with its typing and Intimidate. Lightningrod is used to get that +1 on an electric move prediction and allows Manectric to potentially sweep. Standard Manectric set and EV spread is used, and flamethrower over OverHeat so switching out doesn't become necessary. HP Ice for annoying ground types like Lando, Gliscor and Garchomp.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock

Choice specs are to hit incredibly hard with the move of choice. EVs allow max damage and also lets Sylveon ouspeed choice band Azumarill. Hyper Voice hits extremely hard as it 2HKO most things that don't resist it. Shadow Ball can hit psychic types and hit steel types neutrally. HP Ground is to deal with Heatran and other steel types. Psyshock is handy against pokes with less defense and can also hit Mega Venusaur for some good damage. Psyshock also hits the rarely seen poison types including Gengar (he's the only common one).

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast/Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This guy is finally getting some usage, and he has good reasons to be used. His base 121 speed outspeeds everything except for Talonflame (max speed, but no one runs that), and Weavile (no one uses it either). Life Orb is used to make sure every attack is a hard one and Hurricane is the strongest stab it gets. Focus Blast helps with rock and steel types such as Tyranitar and Excadrill.Heat Wave is preferred over focus blast as it misses and kills some ferros' and scizors' .Knock Off is helpful with dealing with Latios/Latias, and Eviolite Chansey, which otherwise walls Tornadus. U-Turn is to go along with Regenerator and provides momentum, which is always a good thing.

Thanks to Team Pokepals for helping me.

Last edited:
Hey, nice team there's just a few little things I would like to touch up on. Firstly HO really depends on lead or atleast a hazard setter as it makes it a lot easier to clean through your opponents team and considering if you cant get the kill you basically have minimum to no switch ins to take a hit, meaning your going to have to sack something. To stop this from happening I suggest switching Bisharp for Heatran.

Set + Info:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This set allows for you to have a great match up against most common leads allowing you to get the kill/apply damage or get up rocks, ability to taunt slower leads or hazard users like Custap Skarmory, hits very hard and completes an offensive Grass,Fire and water core which are always solid to have on a team!

Hope you enjoyed my rate and I wish for your future success with your team!

Hey, nice team there's just a few little things I would like to touch up on. Firstly HO really depends on lead or atleast a hazard setter as it makes it a lot easier to clean through your opponents team and considering if you cant get the kill you basically have minimum to no switch ins to take a hit, meaning your going to have to sack something. To stop this from happening I suggest switching Bisharp for Heatran.

Set + Info:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This set allows for you to have a great match up against most common leads allowing you to get the kill/apply damage or get up rocks, ability to taunt slower leads or hazard users like Custap Skarmory, hits very hard and completes an offensive Grass,Fire and water core which are always solid to have on a team!

Hope you enjoyed my rate and I wish for your future success with your team!
Well first of all thanks taking your time for this team.I really consider heatran as it walls m-venusaur which might check my team and fire+water+grass is always a good core.I may update it bcoz i really love your idea and set.

Thanks again bro

EDIT:I even need some checks for common fairies so sorry.Its kinda dual support for offense as well as sr.

EDIT:It helped me for sur.But now i have some lack of physical walls atm

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)