NOC THERE ARE VAMPS ITG (Game Over: Village Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Most important thing right now is this: IF ANYONE WAS 'APPROACHED DURING THE NIGHT', MENTION IT NOW. Obviously it's a long shot but it is imperative that we know if a recruit failed, and it shouldn't have been that much of a long shot since imo the OV would've been targeting Moody or acid 100% last night.

Ok so Moody and acidphoenix WERE town, and are not the OV (Original Vampire). That should be obvious from the fact they voted Earlio, unless one of them is really, really bad (possible but highly unlikely).

Anyone who thinks yesterday 'clears' Hawkie or Asek needs to get their head examined, it was AT WORST a 4-way tie with Earlio and it is very possible they considered me a large enough threat to merit keeping me in the lynch pool in exchange for having Earlio also in the lynch pool (rather than shifting onto someone else I mean). With that being said, I do agree that they're less likely to be OV now than they were previously.

Sadly I do think that one of Moody or acid is also the most likely recruitment target now, but we can deal with that later. For now, we have to analyze who could be the OV because that is the only person capable of recruiting tonight.

While Hawkie and Asek are not clean by any means, I do agree with Asek that both would be less than optimal lynches today, because we have legitimate EoD evidence to suggest neither is OV (though Asek is making it seem way more ironclad than it is, which I am suspicious of + both of them are playing horribly, but that's not indicative of OV necessarily). So removing those two + Moody and acid leaves the following players:
  1. Paperblade
  2. Thunder~BALLZ
  3. UncleSam
  4. sandshrewz
  5. Champ1604
  6. zorbees
  7. The Mawile Ace
I think that is correct? Texas Cloverleaf please update the playerlist in the OP when you get a chance, it helps for tracking the current state of the game greatly.

I'm going to provide gut reads right now on each of these (excluding myself obviously) then going to go back and re-read and mention anything interesting from Day 1, as I think that is where we will start to see the best indications of who the OV is. Remember that what we know about the OV is as follows:
1. Targeted Earlio for recruitment N1
2. Was NOT targeted by the Vampire Hunter either night

Ok so gut reads first, then I'll post thoughts on players after re-reading and see how my perspective changes:
1. Paperblade (previously Walrein): I read this slot as town on D1 and, though he has looked worse as time goes on, I think it is unlikely he is the OV. Definitely possible but imo he read to me as town in the early stages of D1 and I felt he was more likely a recruit on D2 than OV iirc
2. Thunder~BALLZ: I legit remember almost nothing of this guys' contributions, which combined with a lack of substitution (as mentioned by Asek) definitely makes me suspicious. I think I read him pretty null previously, which I do tend to get suspicious of when null reads extend into D3 simply because someone is flying under the radar.
3. UncleSam is obvtown and anyone who thinks otherwise is daft tbqh. More seriously, anyone who thinks I provide a full and objectively correct analysis of the game for the town as Vampire first thing D1 should go back and re-read my play in, well, Amnesiac for sure (idk whether I've been scum in any other NOC).
4. Sandshrewz: I thought he sounded legit town D1, though I find the evolution of his reads + contributions during D2 on very unconvincing.
5. Champ1604 I only suspect for meta reasons that Hawkie pointed out, I don't see anything in his play that would indicate OV necessarily. This is one I want to re-read tbh.
6. zorbees struck me as hardcore scum early on, but I've been reading him townier and townier and I do think he is town now. His tone and evolution of reads sounds very authentic / organic to me, as he explains clearly why he thinks things rather than leaving things vague. I doubt he is the OV.
7. The Mawile Ace: Getting subbed out, has done basically nothing. In the null camp, want to re-read to see if I see anything of use on him.

Ok so those are my gut reads, now I'm gonna go through the thread and mention stuff that looks important to me:
Day 1:
Posts #9/14: sandshrewz doesn't want to randlynch, imo a slight scumtell that I didn't properly pick up on previously
Post #10: zorbees also indicates a willingness to NL, something again I didn't notice previously but meshes with my early scumread on him.
Post #32: TB immediately claims VT, something that is a bit odd right from the get-go though not completely weird. I just didn't pick up on it right away.
Post #41: zorbees townreads Earlio, which in retrospect looks worse for him imo since we know Earlio was N1 converted. That being said imo Vamp wouldn't convert someone he himself was townreading unless several others were, so it could work the other way. Depends how the course of the game reads to me.
Post #42: Moody makes a weird defeatist 'I have little hope of winning' post that reads kinda scummy to me??? That being said he obviously votes Earlio later on so take this for what it is: a weird post.
Post #54: Hawkie votes Earlio. imo a weird move if Hawkie ends up recruiting Earlio, again indicating to me that Hawkie has a relatively low chance of being OV.
Posts #79/80: Hawkie indicates a fundamental lack of awareness about how the game works, again indicating to me that he is unlikely to be OV.
Post #85: zorbees makes a post that looks better in retrospect than it did at the time, imo
Post #88: Walrein indicates a lack of willingness to read Earlio, which imo is bad for that slot looking backwards
Post #114: imo this post is not made by OV!The Mawile Ace, it just doesn't read at all to me like something a newer player would lead with as OV.
Post #121: Walrein makes an imo bad post that nonetheless looks better in hindsight. I kinda doubt that he puts Earlio so low then recruits him as OV.
Post #125: TB makes a really bad (imo) post that says basically nothing and fits within a cookie-cutter mold provided by Walrein.
Post #129: Really bad reasoning by TB for his prior post, and reasoning that he promises 'you will see' that then I don't ever recall seeing.
Post #136: acid scumreads Earlio, I mean do I even need to say that acid is clean at this point.
Posts #144/146: TB makes more bad posts
Post #156: zorbees make a good post, and pressures TB. Kind of the start of where my read on him originally started shifting. I'll try to keep an open mind however on the re-read.
Post #164/166: TB equates postcount with scumminess. Again. Idk this guy is just reading really bad to me on the re-read.
Posts #171/172: Hawkie loves TB for reasons best known to himself. Also townreads him, an even more dubious claim in light of what had been posted previously. Promtly buddied back by TB in another filler post.
Post #175: shrewz makes another bad post, saying he wants to NL and providing objectively bad role analysis. Why was I townreading this guy again?
Post #177: shrewz comes back after Walrein explains to him and says he now is fine with a lynch. Idk I think this exchange felt sincere to me the first time I read it but now I'm sort of null reading it at best.
Post #187: Champ says he is 'inclined' to lynch TB but 'isn't there yet'. Weird post to read through though it could just be because he is new.
Post #195: TB still hasn't addressed Earlio once this entire game from what I can see, and keeps making bad posts. I guess I missed this or didn't read him during D1 (tbf I haven't read much this whole game).
Post #199: shrewz subtly hints to not claim to power roles, something imo the OV would probably do. Definitely leaning more scum on him because of the re-read than I was previously.
Post #220: TB pulls an OMGUS on Blue_Tornado and lynches him back. Have yet to like a single post by this guy.
Post #239: zorbees mentioned Earlio as noobtown, idk zorbees is looking more null than town to me on the re-read. Could go either way I guess.
Post #244: Earlio townreads TB. Idk whether this would induce TB to recruit him or not, I feel like speculating on that is due for WIFOM but wanted to mention it.
Post #248: shrewz bandwagons onto Moody based on Walrein's reasoning. Honestly Moody does look really bad at this point in time but I don't like it much either.
Post #263: shrewz pushes me as 'a good convert target', super weird tbh
Post #276: Note that Earlio votes me at the end of Day 1. Didn't even notice it the first time through, I kind of doubt that as Vamp I would ever be recruiting someone who was voting me at the end of day but who knows, I guess I could try to get someone to change their tone in a sense? Either way I'm pointing out stuff I didn't notice before and this is a fairly big thing lol
Post #277: nvm guess I posted the above too soon, Earlio switched onto BT at the last second. Imo this is most likely why he got recruited - and is a good reason to think that someone who late-voted Earlio D2 might have been the N2 recruit target.
Day 2:
Post #286: This post is really funny in hindsight. I can just imagine Earlio going 'oh uh, ya fam, nothing happened to me last night, yep'.
Post #295: Earlio switches focus to The Mawile Ace. I think this is a pretty good indication that at the very least Earlio is pretty sure he wasn't recruited by him. I tend to agree.
Post #296: TB bandwagons onto acidphoenix, again I do not like this.
Post #303: TB wants us to focus on finding the recruit. Not weird at all.
Post #304: Earlio corrects TB and says 'we should prioritize the original'. Imho I think he thought TB was the original when posting this, though ofc he had no more of a clue than we do.
Post #306: Obviously Earlio does not think acid is the original Vampire. Again, I agree with him.
Posts #322/323: Haven't really mentioned it to this point but Asek has straight-up driven discussion this whole game. Not that that is necessarily towny by itself, and much of his analysis has been complete horseshit (as seen in these two posts!), but figured I would mention it. Asek has really controlled the pace of the game and if he isn't the OV (still not convinced on that), then imo he is a huge recruit target. I'd look strongly at pressuring Asek tomorrow if we hit the OV today, and I'd look strongly at pressuring Asek in a high-pressure pseudo-LYLO situation.
Post #330: Champ once again indicates a SR onto TB, while also disliking Asek.
Post #340: Earlio votes The Mawile Ace again. Very much doubt TMA is Vampire here, or at least if he is Earlio is confused as fuck.
Post #342: shrewz pushes me as a conversion target but not as the original Vamp. Again this just seems like such an obvious push to make that it strikes me the wrong way, like in what universe is the Vamp recruiting me N1? Like maybe a N2 tinfoil hat theory I could see but N1 is just bonkers.
Post #350: This is a really telling post. Basically Earlio calls out for the OV to recruit either me or zorbees N2, with backup options of acid, Walrein, or Champ. Imo acid was the convert target last night but I think it is clear that Earlio is pretty sure that TMA and Asek are not his OV at this point.
Post #355: I think this is a bad post from Hawkie tbh, out of his OV pool imo we can already disqualify 3/4 (TMA/Asek/acid all seem very unlikely to me to be OV, though shrewz could be OV). Plus we already know that his recruit pool did not include the actual recruit.
Post #357: Don't like the waffling from shrewz here. Maybe that's just how he is, but it sure reads to me like he is posting without picking any fights or making any solid reads / connections.
Posts #358-362: zorbees starts posting he does not like Asek
Post #363: TB says 'hard town read on UncleSam' when I think he had been ignoring me previously? Like idk it reads to me like he plans on recruiting me either N2 or N3 when he makes this post. He has little reasoning behind it.
Post #375: Champ votes TB again.
Post #395: Paperblade's first post, and a good one.
Post #400: Hawkie begins his recent tinfoil hat crusade against me; I kind of doubt this is coming from an OV perspective tbqh
Post #408: This shrewz post rubs me the wrong way, it reads to me like he is trying to cast shade on me while saying he is basically only going with what other people want, which imo is a super OV thing to say
Day 3:
Not much to say since I was keeping this in mind with my original reads post. I will say that I think PBlade looks good from his recent posts.

Ok so revised upon re-reading:
Imo potential OV are, in order of likelihood: Thunder~Ballz > sandshrewz > zorbees > Champ1604 > Paperblade > TMA
Potential N2 Recruits are: acidphoenix > MoodyCloud > Asek > Hawkie > Paperblade > Champ1604

Imo the two groups are mostly independent of one another due to how telling the EoD during D2 was.

For now I'm going to say Lynch Thunder~Ballz, I think he looks terrible on a re-read.

Asek

Banned deucer.
ahhh sam with the classic people who suspect me are playing terrible play

sam with the classic going after the next biggest idle who isnt subbing out since he cant chase after acid without looking dumb as fuck anymore

Hawkie u wanna flesh out ur thunder balls tr for me please

i've played real-time with him for ages and i think he's had way too much balls in the tone of his posts for being the OG Vamp in his first ever forum mafia game in an almost entirely new community i still really doubt it's him but sam puts forward a good case

UncleSam

Leading this village
Lol Asek ya man the classic read through the whole thread and build a case post by post

Like js but with how bad your reads have been already itg you look pretty foolish rn

You really think I'm OV? Then go bak and read through my posts and explain how in the fuck it is remotely possible because anyone with a brain will see it is not. I can respect assuming I got converted or at least considering it but the notion I am OV is off the deep end stupid

Now go back read the thread like a decent NOC player and tell us what you see given the flips so far

I agree that Acid should not be lock not-OV, throwing your recruit under the bus when you're under significant pressure is a valid play, I'm not convinced that it's what happened here but gotta consider it at least. The recruit being in Acid/me makes a lot of sense but is also a bit too obvious imo seeing as how the OV went for Earlio who wasn't the obvious choice at all earlier.

Most important thing right now is this: IF ANYONE WAS 'APPROACHED DURING THE NIGHT', MENTION IT NOW. Obviously it's a long shot but it is imperative that we know if a recruit failed, and it shouldn't have been that much of a long shot since imo the OV would've been targeting Moody or acid 100% last night.

Ok so Moody and acidphoenix WERE town, and are not the OV (Original Vampire). That should be obvious from the fact they voted Earlio, unless one of them is really, really bad (possible but highly unlikely).

Anyone who thinks yesterday 'clears' Hawkie or Asek needs to get their head examined, it was AT WORST a 4-way tie with Earlio and it is very possible they considered me a large enough threat to merit keeping me in the lynch pool in exchange for having Earlio also in the lynch pool (rather than shifting onto someone else I mean). With that being said, I do agree that they're less likely to be OV now than they were previously.

Sadly I do think that one of Moody or acid is also the most likely recruitment target now, but we can deal with that later. For now, we have to analyze who could be the OV because that is the only person capable of recruiting tonight.

While Hawkie and Asek are not clean by any means, I do agree with Asek that both would be less than optimal lynches today, because we have legitimate EoD evidence to suggest neither is OV (though Asek is making it seem way more ironclad than it is, which I am suspicious of + both of them are playing horribly, but that's not indicative of OV necessarily). So removing those two + Moody and acid leaves the following players:
  1. Paperblade
  2. Thunder~BALLZ
  3. UncleSam
  4. sandshrewz
  5. Champ1604
  6. zorbees
  7. The Mawile Ace
I think that is correct? Texas Cloverleaf please update the playerlist in the OP when you get a chance, it helps for tracking the current state of the game greatly.

I'm going to provide gut reads right now on each of these (excluding myself obviously) then going to go back and re-read and mention anything interesting from Day 1, as I think that is where we will start to see the best indications of who the OV is. Remember that what we know about the OV is as follows:
1. Targeted Earlio for recruitment N1
2. Was NOT targeted by the Vampire Hunter either night

Ok so gut reads first, then I'll post thoughts on players after re-reading and see how my perspective changes:
1. Paperblade (previously Walrein): I read this slot as town on D1 and, though he has looked worse as time goes on, I think it is unlikely he is the OV. Definitely possible but imo he read to me as town in the early stages of D1 and I felt he was more likely a recruit on D2 than OV iirc
2. Thunder~BALLZ: I legit remember almost nothing of this guys' contributions, which combined with a lack of substitution (as mentioned by Asek) definitely makes me suspicious. I think I read him pretty null previously, which I do tend to get suspicious of when null reads extend into D3 simply because someone is flying under the radar.
3. UncleSam is obvtown and anyone who thinks otherwise is daft tbqh. More seriously, anyone who thinks I provide a full and objectively correct analysis of the game for the town as Vampire first thing D1 should go back and re-read my play in, well, Amnesiac for sure (idk whether I've been scum in any other NOC).
4. Sandshrewz: I thought he sounded legit town D1, though I find the evolution of his reads + contributions during D2 on very unconvincing.
5. Champ1604 I only suspect for meta reasons that Hawkie pointed out, I don't see anything in his play that would indicate OV necessarily. This is one I want to re-read tbh.
6. zorbees struck me as hardcore scum early on, but I've been reading him townier and townier and I do think he is town now. His tone and evolution of reads sounds very authentic / organic to me, as he explains clearly why he thinks things rather than leaving things vague. I doubt he is the OV.
7. The Mawile Ace: Getting subbed out, has done basically nothing. In the null camp, want to re-read to see if I see anything of use on him.

Ok so those are my gut reads, now I'm gonna go through the thread and mention stuff that looks important to me:
Day 1:
Posts #9/14: sandshrewz doesn't want to randlynch, imo a slight scumtell that I didn't properly pick up on previously
Post #10: zorbees also indicates a willingness to NL, something again I didn't notice previously but meshes with my early scumread on him.
Post #32: TB immediately claims VT, something that is a bit odd right from the get-go though not completely weird. I just didn't pick up on it right away.
Post #41: zorbees townreads Earlio, which in retrospect looks worse for him imo since we know Earlio was N1 converted. That being said imo Vamp wouldn't convert someone he himself was townreading unless several others were, so it could work the other way. Depends how the course of the game reads to me.
Post #42: Moody makes a weird defeatist 'I have little hope of winning' post that reads kinda scummy to me??? That being said he obviously votes Earlio later on so take this for what it is: a weird post.
Post #54: Hawkie votes Earlio. imo a weird move if Hawkie ends up recruiting Earlio, again indicating to me that Hawkie has a relatively low chance of being OV.
Posts #79/80: Hawkie indicates a fundamental lack of awareness about how the game works, again indicating to me that he is unlikely to be OV.
Post #85: zorbees makes a post that looks better in retrospect than it did at the time, imo
Post #88: Walrein indicates a lack of willingness to read Earlio, which imo is bad for that slot looking backwards
Post #114: imo this post is not made by OV!The Mawile Ace, it just doesn't read at all to me like something a newer player would lead with as OV.
Post #121: Walrein makes an imo bad post that nonetheless looks better in hindsight. I kinda doubt that he puts Earlio so low then recruits him as OV.
Post #125: TB makes a really bad (imo) post that says basically nothing and fits within a cookie-cutter mold provided by Walrein.
Post #129: Really bad reasoning by TB for his prior post, and reasoning that he promises 'you will see' that then I don't ever recall seeing.
Post #136: acid scumreads Earlio, I mean do I even need to say that acid is clean at this point.
Posts #144/146: TB makes more bad posts
Post #156: zorbees make a good post, and pressures TB. Kind of the start of where my read on him originally started shifting. I'll try to keep an open mind however on the re-read.
Post #164/166: TB equates postcount with scumminess. Again. Idk this guy is just reading really bad to me on the re-read.
Posts #171/172: Hawkie loves TB for reasons best known to himself. Also townreads him, an even more dubious claim in light of what had been posted previously. Promtly buddied back by TB in another filler post.
Post #175: shrewz makes another bad post, saying he wants to NL and providing objectively bad role analysis. Why was I townreading this guy again?
Post #177: shrewz comes back after Walrein explains to him and says he now is fine with a lynch. Idk I think this exchange felt sincere to me the first time I read it but now I'm sort of null reading it at best.
Post #187: Champ says he is 'inclined' to lynch TB but 'isn't there yet'. Weird post to read through though it could just be because he is new.
Post #195: TB still hasn't addressed Earlio once this entire game from what I can see, and keeps making bad posts. I guess I missed this or didn't read him during D1 (tbf I haven't read much this whole game).
Post #199: shrewz subtly hints to not claim to power roles, something imo the OV would probably do. Definitely leaning more scum on him because of the re-read than I was previously.
Post #220: TB pulls an OMGUS on Blue_Tornado and lynches him back. Have yet to like a single post by this guy.
Post #239: zorbees mentioned Earlio as noobtown, idk zorbees is looking more null than town to me on the re-read. Could go either way I guess.
Post #244: Earlio townreads TB. Idk whether this would induce TB to recruit him or not, I feel like speculating on that is due for WIFOM but wanted to mention it.
Post #248: shrewz bandwagons onto Moody based on Walrein's reasoning. Honestly Moody does look really bad at this point in time but I don't like it much either.
Post #263: shrewz pushes me as 'a good convert target', super weird tbh
Post #276: Note that Earlio votes me at the end of Day 1. Didn't even notice it the first time through, I kind of doubt that as Vamp I would ever be recruiting someone who was voting me at the end of day but who knows, I guess I could try to get someone to change their tone in a sense? Either way I'm pointing out stuff I didn't notice before and this is a fairly big thing lol
Post #277: nvm guess I posted the above too soon, Earlio switched onto BT at the last second. Imo this is most likely why he got recruited - and is a good reason to think that someone who late-voted Earlio D2 might have been the N2 recruit target.
Day 2:
Post #286: This post is really funny in hindsight. I can just imagine Earlio going 'oh uh, ya fam, nothing happened to me last night, yep'.
Post #295: Earlio switches focus to The Mawile Ace. I think this is a pretty good indication that at the very least Earlio is pretty sure he wasn't recruited by him. I tend to agree.
Post #296: TB bandwagons onto acidphoenix, again I do not like this.
Post #303: TB wants us to focus on finding the recruit. Not weird at all.
Post #304: Earlio corrects TB and says 'we should prioritize the original'. Imho I think he thought TB was the original when posting this, though ofc he had no more of a clue than we do.
Post #306: Obviously Earlio does not think acid is the original Vampire. Again, I agree with him.
Posts #322/323: Haven't really mentioned it to this point but Asek has straight-up driven discussion this whole game. Not that that is necessarily towny by itself, and much of his analysis has been complete horseshit (as seen in these two posts!), but figured I would mention it. Asek has really controlled the pace of the game and if he isn't the OV (still not convinced on that), then imo he is a huge recruit target. I'd look strongly at pressuring Asek tomorrow if we hit the OV today, and I'd look strongly at pressuring Asek in a high-pressure pseudo-LYLO situation.
Post #330: Champ once again indicates a SR onto TB, while also disliking Asek.
Post #340: Earlio votes The Mawile Ace again. Very much doubt TMA is Vampire here, or at least if he is Earlio is confused as fuck.
Post #342: shrewz pushes me as a conversion target but not as the original Vamp. Again this just seems like such an obvious push to make that it strikes me the wrong way, like in what universe is the Vamp recruiting me N1? Like maybe a N2 tinfoil hat theory I could see but N1 is just bonkers.
Post #350: This is a really telling post. Basically Earlio calls out for the OV to recruit either me or zorbees N2, with backup options of acid, Walrein, or Champ. Imo acid was the convert target last night but I think it is clear that Earlio is pretty sure that TMA and Asek are not his OV at this point.
Post #355: I think this is a bad post from Hawkie tbh, out of his OV pool imo we can already disqualify 3/4 (TMA/Asek/acid all seem very unlikely to me to be OV, though shrewz could be OV). Plus we already know that his recruit pool did not include the actual recruit.
Post #357: Don't like the waffling from shrewz here. Maybe that's just how he is, but it sure reads to me like he is posting without picking any fights or making any solid reads / connections.
Posts #358-362: zorbees starts posting he does not like Asek
Post #363: TB says 'hard town read on UncleSam' when I think he had been ignoring me previously? Like idk it reads to me like he plans on recruiting me either N2 or N3 when he makes this post. He has little reasoning behind it.
Post #375: Champ votes TB again.
Post #395: Paperblade's first post, and a good one.
Post #400: Hawkie begins his recent tinfoil hat crusade against me; I kind of doubt this is coming from an OV perspective tbqh
Post #408: This shrewz post rubs me the wrong way, it reads to me like he is trying to cast shade on me while saying he is basically only going with what other people want, which imo is a super OV thing to say
Day 3:
Not much to say since I was keeping this in mind with my original reads post. I will say that I think PBlade looks good from his recent posts.

Ok so revised upon re-reading:
Imo potential OV are, in order of likelihood: Thunder~Ballz > sandshrewz > zorbees > Champ1604 > Paperblade > TMA
Potential N2 Recruits are: acidphoenix > MoodyCloud > Asek > Hawkie > Paperblade > Champ1604

Imo the two groups are mostly independent of one another due to how telling the EoD during D2 was.

For now I'm going to say Lynch Thunder~Ballz, I think he looks terrible on a re-read.
Sorry for my posts seeming fillery. I was hoping people didn't think I'd be a pro scum hunter in my first forum game ever.

I think I've well enough explained my reasoning for what I've done, even if that reasoning was short and concise. I'll be honest I claimed vanilla townie d1 so the original vampire would think me as a potential recruiting candidate. It's a shame they haven't recruited me yet.

I'm not surprised that you don't really like what I've stated before I'm just surprised that you waited till d3 to bring it up if you thought I was the ov yesterday. And in all honesty, I've been reading what everyone says and I've stated this since d1 but I feel that a frequent poster is the OV simply considering the fact that the vampire wouldn't blatantly lurk since that attracts a lot of unnecessary attention onto themselves. Also I tr Hawkie because they promised to recruit me n1 if they were OV, and I haven't been recruited yet so rip that.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
responses in bold

6. zorbees struck me as hardcore scum early on, but I've been reading him townier and townier and I do think he is town now. His tone and evolution of reads sounds very authentic / organic to me, as he explains clearly why he thinks things rather than leaving things vague. I doubt he is the OV. Later in this post, you have me third for OV rankings. Do you think you have it narrowed down to 2 fairly confidently or did things change while writing this post?

Post #10: zorbees also indicates a willingness to NL, something again I didn't notice previously but meshes with my early scumread on him. This is pretty much the only time I even considered it, even now I think there are cons to lynching d1, but the pros outweighed the cons, which is why I wasn't really ever hesitant to lynch after this fact. I wanted to lay out a reasoned argument as to why we should do what we should do in order to convince people like sandshrewz that lynching makes the most sense.

Post #32: TB immediately claims VT, something that is a bit odd right from the get-go though not completely weird. I just didn't pick up on it right away. I thought this was very strange, particularly after in post #21, I screamed out to not hint at what your role was. TBZ has always read as someone who knew what he was doing, unlike Earlio, so him claiming VT right away had to be some sort of ploy. Confirmed while I was writing this post up.
Anyways I really want to call out to the people who called Moody scummy d1 (as I did once before and was ignored) and/or the people that called Walrein or sandshrewz towny d1, because I never saw any of these and want to see where they are coming from. Moody is pretty unlikely to be OV after the Earlio lynch, so I'm wondering if the OV was one of the people calling him scummy or if that was just town being bad. The reason I'm curious about Walrein and sandshrewz is because neither of them had too many reads on people, and imo neither had a good d1, so if they are the OV, it could be tricky to connect the dots.

I do feel like it is likely the OV is a relatively inexperienced player, just based solely off the Earlio recruit. I don't remember many people other than myself calling Earlio town, whereas people like Hawkie and Asek were being townread by pretty much the entire game. It just makes no sense to me how it is a good play from vampire perspective.

I think UncleSam is probably town even now, his wallpost above was really strong town perspective and I can't think of a world where he is recruited at any point, there were so many posts early on about how like "we should just get US out now since he will be such a headache later". He could be the OV I suppose, it would put his "doctor target me" under a different light, but is US really recruiting Earlio? His posts have remained consistent throughout the whole game too.

Also what does it mean that nobody claimed to be targeted by the doctor yesterday, or as of yet today?

UncleSam

Leading this village
I am fairly confident in the 2 OV Vampire possible reads, yes.

I think it says a bit about our power roles that they both apparently missed on both nights so far. I don't want to reveal who I think our power roles are for obvious reasons but I wouldn't count on big plays at this point needless to say rofl

Asek

Banned deucer.
Lol Asek ya man the classic read through the whole thread and build a case post by post

Like js but with how bad your reads have been already itg you look pretty foolish rn

You really think I'm OV? Then go bak and read through my posts and explain how in the fuck it is remotely possible because anyone with a brain will see it is not. I can respect assuming I got converted or at least considering it but the notion I am OV is off the deep end stupid

Now go back read the thread like a decent NOC player and tell us what you see given the flips so far
alreayd did this on you yesterday
expressed a strong degree of suspicion on earlio yesteday
why yes i do think theres quite a strong chance you are the ov

Asek

Banned deucer.
oh the lines are in sequential response to sams points, and he also did this exact same omgus behavior when i sr'd him in popcorn early on as well

UncleSam

Leading this village
Asek if you're town you really need to start cluing in on rather obvious shit lmao

Anyhow I encourage people to think through different scenarios here wrt roles, because they are starting to play a big factor in who could reliably be Vampire

Tfw Asek addresses this as I post it zzz

Since you asked, I just think he's a new player leaning towards town and trying to make sense of the world? Not sure how right that is but that's just my opinion haha.

And back on the public targeting thingy. Yea there's definitely flaws for doing it. But ultimately I think it depends on how good the rolers are at concealing their intent and remaining tone neutral, which I hope they are good at ??? haha. Though I guess so far so good or maybe not so good heh.
After rereading through d2, it seems to me like this is an OV trying to deflect suspicion away from one of his recruits. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Tbh this is one of few things have stuck out to me but it definitely rings a bell.

After rereading through d2, it seems to me like this is an OV trying to deflect suspicion away from one of his recruits. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Tbh this is one of few things have stuck out to me but it definitely rings a bell.
he was on at deadline and didn't vote to save his recruit

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Is there any chance the OV was on at deadline and saw it was only a 25% chance that Earlio gets lynched, and thus doesn't change the lynch to avoid drawing suspicions towards themselves? I think it's unlikely, but possible. I doubt it was Hawkie because I doubt he recruits Earlio in the first place after putting so much pressure on him d1, but Asek seems like the type of guy who would make a ballsy play like that. Does Asek ever recruit Earlio n1? Probably not, but idk. So this leaves sandshrewz. Is sandshrewz the type that would leave the lynch up to chance as OV? Probably not imo. This type of thinking is mostly WIFOM though, so I don't know how much we can really glean from it.

I really need to go back and read champ's posts and make a read on him, I remember thinking he was more town than the other people who were less frequent posters, but idk. I do agree with sam though that TBZ is the most likely choice for OV.

Sorry for my posts seeming fillery. I was hoping people didn't think I'd be a pro scum hunter in my first forum game ever.

I think I've well enough explained my reasoning for what I've done, even if that reasoning was short and concise. I'll be honest I claimed vanilla townie d1 so the original vampire would think me as a potential recruiting candidate. It's a shame they haven't recruited me yet.

I'm not surprised that you don't really like what I've stated before I'm just surprised that you waited till d3 to bring it up if you thought I was the ov yesterday. And in all honesty, I've been reading what everyone says and I've stated this since d1 but I feel that a frequent poster is the OV simply considering the fact that the vampire wouldn't blatantly lurk since that attracts a lot of unnecessary attention onto themselves. Also I tr Hawkie because they promised to recruit me n1 if they were OV, and I haven't been recruited yet so rip that.
*cough cough* You tried to bw acidphoenix before Sam had pointed out any reason for lynching acidphoenix *cough cough*

i've played real-time with him for ages and i think he's had way too much balls in the tone of his posts for being the OG Vamp in his first ever forum mafia game in an almost entirely new community i still really doubt it's him but sam puts forward a good case
I'm new to circus maximus mafia games, is playermeta considered a good, useful strategy here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)