This is an imaginative title [OU RMT]

This team was made out of mostly my favourite pokemon...somehow.

At a glance:

It seems to be working pretty well but im not winning 100% of the time...I win 70%. That statistic was taken from winning 10 out of 14 games. I have some unexpected stuff on the team like Donphan, but don't say it's rubbish because it's not standard although I am open to criticism. My team has perfect typing synergy and is weird in the sense that it firstly, it has no theme e.g completely offensive, defensive, bulky offensive or rain danceand secondly, it has Empoleon AND Lucario as late game sweepers so that I can alternate between physical and special attacks whilst still maintaining as much power as possible with physical and special attacks, so basically I don't really want to use mixed pokemon, and finally this team also has no fire moves...none. In fact I sort of have 3 physical/special pairs: Swampert (to an extent) + Donphan, Latias + Gyarados, Empoleon + Lucario.

On to the team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Ice Beam

Okay everyone knows this Swampert, why it's popular, what it can do and how it does it. Although Swampert is my lead it also doubles up as a physical wall and can take almost any hit except grass attacks which it can also sometimes survive. The 6 Spd EVs are in there so that it can outspeed other Swamperts with the same moveset and use Roar before they do. The other Evs are pretty clear, and I really don't need those 52 SAtk EVs as Salamence isn't much of a problem for me. It fits in to my team well because it provides balanced defences whereas Latias only covers special defence whilst Donphan covers defence. I chose Roar over the other options because I can scout for Blissey before I send in Empoleon or Latias and I can also scout for various physical walls and deal with them in the appropriate way. Swampert isn't just good for walling though, it can also OHKO all dragons bar Latias and OHKO or 2HKO most steels. The only lead I think Swampert has problems with are Forretress and Bronzong because I cannot hit them for super effective damage and they get to do whatever they want. My solution for forretress is to switch in to Donphan and attack it while it sets up Spikes/Toxic Spikes and then Rapid Spin them away. Bronzong is a little trickier but I can still set up normally on Gyarados or Latias provided it doesn't have Hypnosis. The main reason Swampert is here is because it has only one weakness, to set up SR, scout and take physical and special hits, not much can OHKO this guy.
---

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

What? It's Donphan? Yes it's Donphan. UU = Under Uppreciated. Why is this guy in UU now? Once you've seen this team your gonna say ' I think Hippowdon would work much better than Donphan because it has a bit higher HP and SDef '. One of the superior things Donphan has as opposed to Hippowdon is Rapid Spin, if Toxic Spikes got onto Swampert or Donphan then it's bye bye physical walls, thats why Donphan would switch in immediately on any Skarmory or Forretress, weaken them and then Rapid Spin the stuff away, this also helps Gyarados to sweep because of it's rock weakness. Another thing it has that bests Hippowdon is Ice Shard which it can use to kill weakened foes and 2HKO if not OHKO any dragon with SR damage of course. The last thing is something it doesn't have, Sand Stream. Although four pokemon in my team are immune to the sand I would rather not shorten the lifespan of my beloved Latias and Gyarados. Donphan does have a lack of SDef though but Latias with it's humungous SDef makes up for it. The main reason Donphan is on this team is because he can Rapid Spin, wall physical threats and hit pretty hard, any physical attacker fails at Donphan's wrath.
---

Empoleon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Empoleon...Empoleon...Empoleon. Please don't tell me to use the Sub Petaya berry set, I think this set has much more potential with a Life Orb and greater coverage. Sure it can't OHKO Latias with an Ice Beam but with Swampert Roaring away and racking up the damage with Stealth Rock I barely ever fail against Latias, and even if it isn't in the OHKOing range, the only way it'll beat me is if it has Thunderbolt. Another good thing about this set is that I won't have the temptation of letting my HP go just to be killed by some stupid neutral attack from a fast revenge killer. Empoleon is my special late gamer and Lucario's brother, so much so that they even have exactly the same Ivs, seriously. Normally whatever Lucario can't kill, Empoleon can. Empoleon also fits in well with this team because of it's resistances, it also has perfect synergy with Latias which definitely counts for something. Most of you that have used Empoleon know that once it gets an Agility there isn't much to stop it, even Scizor the madman of OU can't get a good hit in without SuperPower, but it's normally HydroPumped to oblivion by then. The main reason Empoleon is on the team is to set up, wall a few hits to an extent, and...umm...kill.
---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP/148 Def/144 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

6-0...Gyarados...yeah. This is a very bulky Gyarados which a friend told me to use. The lack of Atk and Spd EVs really doesn't bother me as all the power and speed I need comes fom Dragon Dance. I won't bother explaining the moves as everyone knows what they do and how they are used. When I chose him I was looking for a Scizor counter, so I narrowed the choice down to either Zapdos or Gyarados. I chose Gyarados over Zapdos as it has the ability to set up well, give the team some more bulk and kill Scizor without a shadow of a doubt unless it switches out. Thanks to Donphan, Gyarados doesn't have to worry much about Stealth Rock and the extra HP is more than Welcome to set up as many times as I like on things like Scizor and Bronzong without taking much damage. Gyarados brings in alot of resistances that I need including: fighting, ground and fire, three of the most common attacks. Vaporeon and Suicune aren't a problem for Gyarados as Latias and Empoleon can easily beat any water type inluding other Gyarados. This guy also threatens Tyranitar who could have messed up Latias's sweep although Gyarados has to watch out for Stone Edge. The main reason Gyarados is on the team is to set up, destroy walls with Taunt, and kill.
---

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

Latias is one of the only special dragons in existence and the the special and female part of Gyarados. With a Choice Scarf and a high base SAtk and Spd, Latias has the potential to sweep whole teams and has always past the tests of membership where other pokemon like Gengar and Starmie have failed. Depending on the attacks and the pokemon, it can pretty much beat any wall and completely stop a few special sweepers itself. Latias provides perfect synergy with both Emploeon and Lucario making it a solid member of the team. Draco Meteor is obviously for huge high powered STAB, Surf and Thunderbolt give me excellent coverage with Draco Meteor so I can swith in to anything and get a good hit in before they bring out Tyranitar. Like Gyarados, Latias also brings resistances to fire, ground and fighting. Latias plays an extremely important role in getting rid of all physical walls for Lucario, like Swampert and Hippowdon who could otherwise take a Close Combat and attack back with Earthquake. The main reason Latias is on the team is to give me some special bulk even with no investment, get rid of some counters for Lucario and Empoleon, be faster and kill all.
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Those of you who claim never to have been swept by Lucario are liars. Nobody beats Lucario at late game sweeping, he is the best. Since every single one of you who read this RMT already know how it works I won't bother explaining that bit. I chose a Jolly nature for Lucario over Adamant for outspeeding neutral Salamences, Zapdos, Electivire, Jirachi, alot of other base 100s and then there are also the things with 80+ speed with a positive nature e.g. Mamoswine. I know whoever rates my team will for sure say ' Use Adamant over Jolly for Lucario for the extra power '. I've heard it all before and i've tried Adamant and I honestly believe Jolly is the better option...for me anyway. The other weird thing about my Lucario is that it has Steadfast, I think I am one of the only ones to look at the standard sets and say ' hmm maybe this ability would work better ' open your minds! Anyway I have Steadfast because I would rather have a speed boost which would greatly increase Lucarios sweeping potential rather than to ignore the flinch completely. Originally I made this team based around Lucario but it kind of mutated into a team where everyone was the main character. Even so Lucario does the most damage around here as the other pokemon get rid of the threats like Salamence and Gyarados. Lucario fits in well with the typing of the team thanks to it's ten resistances even though it can't take hits very well with it's below average defences. The main reason Lucario is here is because I love him, he sweeps amazingly, he owns all of you and umm, he's blue.
---

Changes will be in RED
:
CM Latias has been changed to Scarf Latias.

Now it's your turn to ruin my confidence with this team, try and persuade me to use Adamant Lucario and kill myself. Fire!

Threat list hooray!
Like almost every threat list:
Green is easy
Yellow is annoying
Red is hard

Aerodactyl: As it is only used as a lead it is really one of the easiest pokemon to deal with, Swampert just kills it with Ice Beam

Alakazam: Rarely seen. Lucario can use ExtremeSpeed and OHKO without boost, Latias can take hits and OHKO back, Empoleon can outspeed with agility and OHKO it.

Azelf: usually a lead. Swampert uses Ice Beam while it tries to taunt and do SR. Explosion can normally weaken one of my pokemon severly though.

Blissey: Lucario OHKOs it, Gyarados can Taunt and set up, Donphan can kill slowly unless Blissey has Toxic.

Breloom: I let one of my pokemon sleep and then outspeed with a faster pokemon and OHKO it thanks to low defences.

Bronzong: Don't have a fire move but Lucario can almost OHKO it and can with SD, Latias and Gyarados can also normally set up and kill.

Celebi: Quite a bit of trouble but Donphan can eventually kill it with Ice Shard if it doesn't have Grass Knot, also Empoleon, Latias and Lucario can kill it with Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse and Crunch.

Cresselia: Lucario has Crunch, Gyarados can Taunt, Empoleon can do whatever it likes.

Dragonite: Donphan has Ice Shard, Empoleon and Swampert have Ice Beam, Latias has Dragon Pulse Gyarados has Stone Edge.

Dusknoir: Lucario - Crunch...pretty much everything has a neutral hard hitting attack.

Electivire: Lucario outspeeds with Jolly and any faster physical attack gets it.

Empoleon: Lucario can outspeed before Agility and OHKO, Donphan and Swampwert have Earthquake. My Empoleon can 2 or 3HKO with Grass Knot.

Flygon: ExtremeSpeed, Ice Shard, Ice Beam, this guy has no kills on me.

Forretress: Donphan clears spikes and stuff, Latias, Donphan, Empoleon and Lucario can set up and kill.

Gengar: Crunch on Lucario if Focus Blast misses, Gyarados can outspeed with enough dances or kill it on the switch and Latias speed ties and can kill. Empoleon can also kill provided it has no Choice Scarf.

Gliscor: I've got billions of ice attacks, I laugh at Gliscor. Latias's Surf also owns it.

Gyarados: Latias can OHKO after CM. Donphan and Gyarados have Stone Edge.

Heatran: Lucario's Close Combat, Latias resists both Earth Power and Fire Blast and can Surf, same with Gyarados. Donphan and Swampert kill it with EQ.

Heracross: boosted ExtremeSpeed can OHKO and Empoleon can outspeed with Agility and kill with Hydro Pump.

Hippowdon: Empoleon and Latias have both Surf and Grass Knot.

Infernape: Lucario can OHKO with boosted ExtremeSpeed, Latias resists all moves and can set up or OHKO. Gyarados resists STABs and can OHKO.

Jirachi: Swampert resists Iron Head and can kill with EQ, Donphan has high def and EQ, Latias can set up on CM sets and yay we can have a CM war.

Jolteon: 2 immuntites to electric and 1 resistance, Lucario has ExtremSpeed once again and I also have some EQs.

Kingdra: Gets killed by Latias's Dragon Pulse and Lucario if it hasn't set up.

Latias: Lucario could use Crunch or set up if it has just used Draco Meteor. Empoleon can sometimes kill with Ice Beam if there was some previous damage.

Lucario: Adamant Lukes are killed by my Jolly one. Gyarados has Intimidate and can DD or Waterfall on it. Donphan and Swampert can take most hits and use Earthquake.

Machamp: Lucario can kill with CC, Gyarados can Intimidate, It can't hit much on Donphan.

Magnezone: Lucario, Donphan, Swampert and Empoleon all OHKO it.

Mamoswine: Lucario outspeeds and can CC. Gyarados can use Waterfall and outspeed Adamant ones. Latias can Surf and Empoleon can HydroPump.

Metagross: Pretty much any boosted attacks kill it along with Donphan and Swampert who kill with EQ unless it has Grass Knot.

Ninjask: SR and Roar...lol

Porygon z: Anything can kill it, it just depends which attack it is stuck on hehe.

Rhyperior: Grass Knot no questions.

Rotom: Crunch can do alot of damage, Latias can outspeed and D Pulse them to hell. Might take down 1 or maybe even 2 pokemon though.

Salamence: Dragon Pulse and the Ice attacks once again save the day.

Scizor: CC can kill it dpending on HP or SD. Gyarados can switch in and set up and Empoleon can Hydro Pump. they all resist BP.

Smeargle: Umm lol? Any attack kills it.

Skarmory: Can wear it down with CC or use special attacks like Surf and Hydro Pump against it.

Snorlax: any physical move pretty much takes it down provided it hasn't done Curse. Otherwise I fight bulk with bulk, Donphan saves the day.

Starmie: Latias is the best choice here with Grass knot and high SDef.

Suicune: Empoleon walls Crocune and pretty much all other sets and can kill it with Grass Knot. Same with Latias.

Swampert: Latias and Empoleon both have Grass Knot.

Tentacruel: Swampert can kill with EQ. Lucario and Gyarados can kill it with boosted attacks. It can be quite annoying sometims though.

Togekiss: Once again I have Ice Shard and 2 Ice Beams and Lucario gets free speed from Air Slash.

Tyranitar: Lucario cannot switch in to it but can kill it with CC. Latias can 2HKO with Grass Knot. Empoleon kills with HydroPump.

Umbreon: Any fighting move, any boosted move / pokemon.

Vaporeon: Grass Knots, and boosted moves can OHKO. I normally bring Lucario in late game to set up on it.

Weavile: ExtremeSpeed once again and Swampert and Donphan wall it. Gyarados can set up on it.

Zapdos: Latias can take Thunderbolts and Heat Waves. Donphan resists electric and can finish off weakened ones with Ice Shard.

joshe

the best
There are quite a few threats that trouble this team, and I'll try my best to cover most of them. Firstly, your team absolutely hates Blissey for the reason that it can wall 2 of your Pokemon with impunity (empoleon and latias), and your team doesn't really handle it besides Lucario, which will switch out the moment it sees it. I also see no use in donphan; your team doesn't need spin support, and its rather weird to have something like that on an offensive team like this. Your team has zero trouble with Toxic Spikes (besides Swampert and itself, but the other 4 Pokemon which are your team aren't even affected by them), Spikes only affects 2 of your offensive members. Donphan's job of Rock resist also is taken care of by Swampert, Empoleon, and Lucario, and NO dragon can set up on your team, making Donphan look much less useful. I'd love for you to use a Choice Band Tyranitar over it. The reason behind this is: it effectively takes care of Scarf Rotom-A, Scarf Gengar, and Scarf Latias, allowing Gyarados, Lucario, and Latias to sweep unrestricted. The Sandstorm may look unappealing, but only Gyarados slightly suffers from it, and oh give Latias Recover over Grass Knot to heal Life Orb and Sandstorm damage. Tyranitar also helps against most types of Heatran, OHKOing with Earthquake, making it pair really well with your team. A Special defensive tar is needed to take on these threats, it doesn't need max attack because, frankly, Stall doesn't trouble you with Lucario, Latias, and now Tyranitar taking out certain threats.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Pursuit
~ Stone Edge

Now addressing the fact that Life Orb Starmie has a reasonable change to absolutely destroy your team, provided the chance it gets in, and gets a good hit on Latias (which it 2HKO's with Ice Beam), your team will be swept rather easily. What we can do without changing the whole team, is try to give it little or no switch ins, making it a minimal threat to your team. First what we should do, is make Starmie more offensive, in return of severely weakening it for the rest of your team to handle. An Adamant Leftovers version with atleast 184 Spe evs (72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spe) to outspeed Max Speed Timid Starmie (i.e. all base 115s also), and a moveset consisting of Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, and either Stone Edge or Ice Fang or Bounce, will significantly weaken the chance Starmie has to sweep your team. We also should replace Empoleon, since I've honestly looked at this team for hours and i can't see it doing a better job than Life Orb Agiligross. Metagross and Gyarados have excellent synergy with eachother, and effectively weaken and destroy walls to both. Thanks to CB-Tar removing most stuff faster than it, both also can sweep, keeping the momentum in your favor and keeping the pressure on your opponent. Also, only one pokemon is stopped by Blissey (latias), which means 4 other pokemon aren't troubled by it in the slightest (Swampert isn't really offensive on this team, but it can set up Stealth Rock making it a very good lead), essentially giving you a 6-5 lead from the start of the match.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe (you can go max speed if you want, but outspeeding neutral nature max speed base 100's is enough imo)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
~ Agility
~ Meteor Mash
~ ThunderPunch
~ Earthquake

On a final note, I'd suggest you keep Lucario Jolly, giving you another check against opposing Lucario, sub rotoms, and the like. What I have basically done in this rate is making the team much more offensive with excellent synergy as a whole, and minimized the chances that certain threats can set up on, making it easier for you to rack up wins, and giving you a solid team :)

Try out all these changes and Good Luck.

joshe, I hope you realize adding Metagross and Tyranitar means that half of my team could be swept by any fast Earthquaker like DD Salamence, then the other half could be Koed by it's Outrage assuming it's had 1 DD. Adding Tyranitar, Metagross and changing Grass Knot to recover would means nothing could hit Swampert for super effective damage. Also any Suicune or Vaporeon would run a rampage with only one thing super effective on waters in the whole team.
Replacing Empoleon means that I will have a much less balanced team in terms of physical and special attacks and most good physical walls could probably stall me for quite a long while.

Thanks for the rate though, i'll try out the new pokemon anyway even though I don't think it is a good idea...I could be wrong.

joshe

the best
joshe, I hope you realize adding Metagross and Tyranitar means that half of my team could be swept by any fast Earthquaker like DD Salamence, then the other half could be Koed by it's Outrage assuming it's had 1 DD. Adding Tyranitar, Metagross and changing Grass Knot to recover would means nothing could hit Swampert for super effective damage. Also any Suicune or Vaporeon would run a rampage with only one thing super effective on waters in the whole team.
I know about everything you said, but Salamence has 1 chance to set up(tyranitar pursuit or eq) on this team now. Swampert can wall any DD-mence and OHKO with Ice Beam (a +1 LO adamant Outrage can't ohko swampert even with sr). Latias hits Salamence with dragon pulse, Lucario does a shit load with ExtremeSpeed, Gyarados can hit superhard with an Ice Fang or Stone Edge, Metagross does tons with Meteor Mash, Tyranitar loves hitting Mence with Crunch and Stone Edge, which it OHKOs Salamence with Stone Edge, even with an intimidate, and Crunch 2HKOs Mence, even with an intimidate provided Stealth Rock is up. Gyarados can't even set up on this team for the exact same reasons as mence. DD-Tar can't set up on this team and Swampert walls its ass all day. And Suicune easily gets 2hkoed by most of this teams attacks (all but swampert and gyarados) and Vaporeon can't take anything repeatedly when boosted. Metagross checks both of them nicely with a LO thunderpunch 2hkoing both.
Replacing Empoleon means that I will have a much less balanced team in terms of physical and special attacks and most good physical walls could probably stall me for quite a long while.
I suppose I didn't explain it enough in my rate, so I'll tell you now. In my rate I gave you super offensive Pokemon with excellent synergy for the sole purpose of weakening (or KOing) the opposing teams counter and having the other Sweep the rest of the team. So good physical walls like Skarmory, for example, get hit with a SE Thunderpunch from Metagross and it whirlwinds it away or Metagross dies from LO recoil. Gyarados or Lucario can freely come in and Ko it, removing the teams sole counter to certain threats. Then you are free to set up and sweep. So basically: weaken the counter, and let another mon ko it and sweep. A well played offense from you, and not much can survive repeated attacks of hard hitting offense!
Thanks for the rate though, i'll try out the new pokemon anyway even though I don't think it is a good idea...I could be wrong.
I really do suggest you try it, its a wonder and a site to behold when the opposing team dies from such a simple, yet effective, strategy n_n

I hope that was enough of a reason to test and most likely change to my suggestions. If you need a little more reasoning or help, i'd be happy to help.

Also I didn't try to be mean in this rate, just a little intense so you get it :]

EDIT: no scarfs on offensive teams like this :\ thats begging for prediction from you, putting you at a disadvantage and easing the pressure of the opponent, which is not what we want. the more uncomfortable the opponent is, the better.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello! =)

You mentioned considering changing Latias to a Scarfed version, and I think that this is a very good idea. If Donphan dies, your team will more than likely be swept by any Salamence with a Dragon Dance under its belt. Latias can aid this problem, thanks to the sheer speed that it has when using a Choice Scarf; here is the set:

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Abiltiy: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+Special Attack, -Attack)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt
~ Trick

Latias is by no means a slow Pokemon, but with a Choice Scarf, its speed reaches new levels of great, capping out at over 450 (which is, to say, outspeeding every non-boosted Pokemon in OU by a longshot). Serving as an effective check to many of the most dangerous Pokemon in the metagame (namely DD Mence, ScarfTran, and Gyarados). With loads of great resists, base 130 special defense, and natural bulk, Latias can come in on most any neutral attack with ease (preferably special). However, it truly shines as a revenge killer. Draco Meteor is a necessity on almost any dragon, offering ridiculously high-powered STAB. Surf is also very important, scoring valuable OHKOes and 2HKOes on the likes of Infernape, Heatran, and Hippowdon; Trick, however, is a more crafty option, letting you wreck any wall that tries to stand in your way. Blissey, a common switchin to Latias, will all but be out of the match when a Scarf is Tricked onto it. The choice between Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt depends on what you want. If you want more STAB without the special attack drop that Draco Meteor comes with, then Dragon Pulse is a fine choice; however, if hitting Gyarados is appealing to you, then Thunderbolt is another nice option. Timid can be used as the nature over Modest, although Latias has quite enough speed to manage without the boost.

I hope that I helped, and good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)