This Meterologist Sucks, I Wanna a New Metagame

Yo-ha smogonites, as the title says (in a kinda round-about-attempting-to-be-funny-and-witty-kind-of-way), the current metagame sucks. Weather spamming all over the place, and if you're not on the weather bandwagon your team is probably getting its ass wooped everytime the green toad appears or the giant leviathan pokes his head out of his pokeball you know there's gonna be hell to pay unless you're packing your own weather inducer. Well this team attemps to change that! Let the underdog spirit shine! Go against the the flow and what not. So here it is, my non-weather team.

At a glance:

So after taking some advice from viewers (and at one point going my own way), I have revamped this team, and it has been doing much better. I have kept Gliscor, Gengar, & Skarmory, but the rest of the team has been switched. I went through several pokemon and this is what I have arrived to. I'm sure there are still more glaring flaws that I am still just not good enough to see, and that is why I have redone and re-posted this. And now, here we go.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Abiliy: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EV's & IV's: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SpD 0 Spe IV's
Moves:
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Nothing to crazy or original about this guy. He is one of my pokemon that are used to set up entry hazzards. He also a good check to Rotom-W and Dragon-type attackers (and rain teams in general). He also serves as a solid mixed wall.

Chansey (F) @ Evoilite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Moves:
- Wish
- Softboil
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Another rather standard pokemon on my team. Chansey serves as good mixed wall, but mostly a special wall. She generally toxics other pokemon and passes wish along. Softboil is there for situation when waiting to heal isn't an option.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
EV's: 252 HP/220 Def/4 SpD/32 Spe
Moves:
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

The tried and true physically inclined bird makes her way onto my team. She is the second bird of the team and is mainly an entry hazzard provider and phazer. Spreading more residual damage around. I took a few EV's and put them into speed so she can outspeed a few key pokemon such as Wobbufett and Tyranitar.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Moves:
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

You may look at this guy and go "God, why could he possibly be here?" Well actually he serves as one of my only 2 offensive threats. I figured that I'll most likely use this guy in the late game, after most of my opponents pokemon should have been weakened by the other, legitimate stall, members of my team. He is pretty standard in every regard though. If you feel there is a better physical offensive pokemon (or just a better pokemon in general) for this team dont hesitate to tell. Thats the point of RMTs

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish (+ Def -SpA)
EV's: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe
Moves:
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I hate myself for stooping to this level... but I now understand why everyone uses Gliscor. He's just SOOO GOOD!!! This guy has saved me many times, with his down right cheap toxic stalling. I can just imagine foes pulling their hair out at the sight of this guy. Basically the standard Gliscor, I used Toxic for toxic stalling. Nothing to fancy here.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
EV's: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Moves:
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadowball
- Focus Blast

Gengar is such a beast. Besides stalking its victims at night and stealing souls, its a pretty ferocious Special Attacker. With Disable and Substitute I have almost swept entire teams. Leftovers helps supliment what Substitute takes away. Gengar also functions as a sort of spin blocker. And is probably the main offensive threat on this team. When played right, easily KO's 3 of my foes team. Even Conkledurrs lacking Stone Edge succomb to this ghoul.

So voila, there it is. My team. It's not perfect, and it's no where near the best, but then again that's why I'm here. So please, comment, change, erradicate, remove, edit, and whatever else you need to do to make this team go from average to awesome.

Threats Include: REUNICLUS!!! The stupid green blob is just aweful to face. Landlorus is also tough

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Nice team, but a few suggestions.

Lanturn<Chansey

Chansey has heal bell, and stealth rocks, and has more bulk than Lanturn. Chansey has great synergy with Skarmory, and can replace Deoxys.

Chansey:
Chansey @ Eviolite
N: Bold
E: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spe
~ Softboiled
~ Heal Bell
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss

Mandibuzz/Skarm/Chansey have great synergy, but a suggestion for Gliscor~

Dusclops>Gliscor

He mainly can spin block and is the toxic fodder for the team as it works well alongside Pain
Split.

Dusclops:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
N: (+Def/-SpA)
E: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Atk
~ Toxic/WoW
~ Pain Split
~ Night Shade
~ Brick Break

This this wall, the use of Gengar is no longer required (as Dusclops rapid spin blocks) so we have room for more offense. I say specs Latios will work out great here!

Latios:
Latios @ Choice Specs
N: Timid
E: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp
~ Trick
~ Psyshock
~ Surf
~ Draco Meteor

Good Luck,
Anthonias

I agree with everything Anthonias said except for the Dusclops. Dusclops is probably the number one example that shows how walls need hp. But seeing as it was suggested as a spin blocker, Jellicent can be used as a just as good wall and a spinblocker. And it fits well on your team.

I do also feel that Mandibuzz is out of place as there are better walls than it. Such as specially defensive Jirachi. Jirachi could be useful to this team with its Wish support, and its semi-reliable Flinch hax.

Hope this helpss.

Rain Teams stop you dead cold, Specs Hydro Pump from Politoed OHKO half half your team and Rotom-W is worst. Gastrodon can help you with that problem because of Storm Drain Rain teams will be intimidated to attack,

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Also Stall teams are very common these days, you have no counter and they can set up on you all day, Gengar can be Ideal but Blissey stops you sone cold.

GL

^subdisable gar shuts down bliss lol usualy they carry ST + flamethrower/ice beam. anyways this seems to be a stall team that has a suicide lead in Deoxys-S. Mandibuzz is a solid wall that can phaze but is rather redundant with Skarmory. TO replace Deoxys-S and to get a Stealth Rocker, I would recommend you replace Deo-S with Ferrothorn. Ferro shares a fire weak with skarm, but provides another check to outraging dragons along with a crucial stop to rain. Set:
Ferrothorn @ Lefties
252 Hp, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def
Careful
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello. Cool stall team, although you have a couple of pressing problems. You really have nothing for one of stalls #1 threats. CM Reuniclus. You can't Toxic stall it or wear it down with hazards. Lanturn seems like it doesn't really fit in with your team. Heal Bell kind of clashes with Gliscor's Toxic Orb (your team isnt really suceptable to status anyways) and That Noobs suggestion of Ferrothorn>Deoxys-S makes Lanturn complete dead weight. So I recommend using CM Latias over Lanturn. Latias beats Reunilcus 1v1 by roaring it out. Latias also gives you a solid switch in to Rain/Sun sweepers. You also gain a new phazer, which is always good.

Now for some nitpicks. Since you already have a strong physical wall in Gliscor, I think you can afford to be more flexible with Skarmory. First off, run 32 Speed EVs (take them out of deffense where they won't be missed). This guarantees the jump on Wobbefett and most variants of Tyranitar. I also recommend using Shed Shell on Skarm. Shed Shed prevents those Magnezone + sweeper teams from running over you team.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Recover

good luck!

Edit: 252 Speed is generally the better option. It's really helpful when you need to revenge kill Terrakion/Virizion and once you get enough CM boost you can use the speed to sweep. Your team doesn't really even need the extra physical bulk on Latias when you have Gliscor + Skarm .

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm gonna take all your suggestions and try them out to see how each team fairs (when I have time from school and all that crap).

Quick question @ Brizznetz: On Latias, should I go w/ your set, or should I do 252 Def EV's w/ a Bold nature (and then smogon suggests I should go w/ speed EV's & a timid nature)... which should i pick?

Ok so i think you should add a politoed, a tyranitar, and a ninetales.
JK.

Here is my real analysis. The team is VERY good. Although the only exception is NO fire move. So here is a poke that would help the team instead of gengar.
A rotom with hp fire, t-bolt, hydropump, and painsplit. This would give you the ability to kill ferro/scizor/forret.
I do not have an EV spread because i felt lazy, but this might actually help the team.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm gonna take all your suggestions and try them out to see how each team fairs (when I have time from school and all that crap).

Quick question @ Brizznetz: On Latias, should I go w/ your set, or should I do 252 Def EV's w/ a Bold nature (and then smogon suggests I should go w/ speed EV's & a timid nature)... which should i pick?
I don't think you should, seeing as how you already having a fighting resit with gliscor and that most water attacks that come from rain teams are special.

@ Snowclaw: I see your point. And w/ steels being so prominant I should probably add a fire attack. So now my question is who do u think would be best removed so Rotom can fill it's place?

I believe gengar should get replaced. Now it's your decision but i only see gengar stopping fighting types from using there one attack that can hit them. Example: Disable a conkelldurrs payback, then makes conkelldurr it switch into something that can take a focus blast, or shadow ball.

What exactly can you do against Sun teams? Venesaur could tear you apart. When I used to run anti weather specifically, I used this set for Haxorus that completely demolished sun teams, but it might not be to your liking as this team is stall and mine was balance, but try it out if you like as it makes an extremely good anti lead against Ninetales with taunt and resistance to both common attacking types Ninetales usually carries.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Adamant 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Mold breaker
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Taunt

Hey there.

Sun teams can pose a problem for your team since Chansey can be worn down by entry hazards. The combination of Rotom-W + Scizor can also cause major problems for your team as well. CM Virizion canalso cause major problems; Toxic Spikes support can also cause chansey to lose to pokemon such as Nasty Plot Celebi as well. In order to take some of the "pressure" off of Chansey, and to decimate the Rotom-W + Scizor combination, I suggest that you run a Calm Mind Latias over Ferrothorn.

CM Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Abiliy: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Speed
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

CM Latias not only defeats threats such as CM Virizion and Rotom-W + Scizor, but it maintains the ability that Ferrothorn had to take on powerful water attackers such as Choice Specs Politoed. Hidden Power Fire is necessary to take out Scizor, and it also deals more damage to pokemon such as Venusaur that Latias can check (counter if it lacks Sludge Bomb).

One downside to using Latias is that you lose your Stealth Rock pokemon. However, this can be easily remedied by running Stealth Rock over Wish on Chansey.

Also, I do not really see how you are weak to Calm Mind Reuniclus, since Substitute + Disable Gengar can beat it 1 on 1.

Finally, pokemon such as SD Toxicroak and SD Lucario can deal major damage to your team. Seeing as how Skarmory can take on physical attackers quite easily, I suggest that you change your Gliscor's EV Spread to 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed. This will not only let Gliscor outrun and KO Lucario and Toxicroak, but it will also let it outrun standard tank Rotom-W and defeat it 1 on 1 with a combination of Toxic + Substitute + Protect.

Hope I helped, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)