This should be the UU standard

I've always built teams using creative EV spreads and gimmicky sets. But I recently created a UU team full of mostly standard sets and its just been utterly tearing teams apart. This team is currently 15-2, it hasn't reached top 50 but I don't ladder often enough for it to ever reach top 50. (lack of access to a personal computer). Well here it is.

Uxie, Weezing, Sceptile, Mismagius, Rhyperior, Kabutops (will add sprites soon)

Uxie @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP 148 Speed 110 Sp. Atk

-Stealth Rock
-Yawn
-Psychic
-Reflect

This is the Uxie lead I've been running since the beginning of time and it just proves to be infinitely useful. I dropped U-turn since its less useful considering the extreme lack of taunt in the meta. Yawn forces switches out in unfavorable situations, rocks are the most important thing in the game. Reflect allows you to give team support as well as survive against things like Hariyama anti-leads. Psychic is for when you're taunted and with 110 sp. atk investment can hit pretty hard. 148 speed is to outspeed neutral 252 feraligat, neutral 252 milo, neutral 252 blaziken, kabutops and plus speed 252 poliwrath. All threats you can hit hard with psychic or yawn away.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Bold 252 Hp 252 Def

-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Will o wisp
-Pain Split

Weezing is a pokemon I always found to be lackluster but shines in this metagame. No physical attacker really gets through weezing. It can WoW rhyperiors, flamethrower venas and sceptiles, smart play with thunderbolt and pain split can even get you around most milotic sets. Earthquake and Toxic immunites are invaluable when switching into threats. Things like Donphan and moltres can be seen now with toxic and weezing is an even safer switch in than ever before.

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Modest 252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed

-Energy Ball
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Hp Ice

Its fast and it hits things hard. This set is the specstile of old. Subseeders and SD sets are running rampant so people overlook the raw killing power of specstile. Registeel and Venasaur are really all that want to be switching in on a specs Leaf storm. And they still get hit pretty hard. It revenge kills hard and sweeping possibilities are always there with sceptile's phenomenal speed and energy ball. T-wave is a nightmare for this set but luckily Rhyperior can come in on a t-wave aimed at specstile then Rock Polish up and start a sweep.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid 252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed

-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute

Moves are pretty standard but Colbur berry is a bomb item to put on maggy. Come in to revenge kill a weakened poke with shadow ball and if your opponent has SR up (so not full HP) people may overthink and guess specs. Sub down plot away and sweep. Revenge is not necessary of course because Maggy has considerable bulk and 3 immunities to take advantage of. Colbur berry allows leweigh against sucker punch users. Mixdoom's sucker punch becomes a non threat. Kasib berry is also a viable option if you're afraid of rotoms or various other poke's who carry shadow ball (which seems to have increased drastically)

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Speed

-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn

RP is rhyperior's best set when it comes to sweeping. A weakened team just buckles at the sight of a rhyperior with a speed boost. You want to bring in Rhyperior at a good time but as late as possible in the game. Milotic, venasaur, and tomb can still be problems if they are at near full health. Weaken or get rid of these pokes and its GG. Also Aqua jet users, kabutops and Azumarill absolutely wreck this set. You can still survive a kabutops AJ though and have enough HP to get a few LO hits in before fainting. LO is key because this set needs to hit as hard as possible. The coverage is impeccable. This is one of the scariest sets in the metagame right now.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Adamant 252 Hp 240 Atk 16 Speed

-Aqua Jet
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

Kabutops ties over all the things this team is missing. Spinner yes, Priority move yes (and it hits hard), and its an SD user. The EV spread is standard. Bulk and Attack. Speed is an afterthought because Kabutops still outspeeds walls and has priority. While this team has no real rock weakness. A spinner is still a great asset to have in case teams want to get funny and lay down spikes/toxic spikes. A great asset to the team. Its defensive typing could be better but its great for luring in fighting attacks (switch to maggy,weezing uxie) luring in ground attacks (switch to maggy, weezing uxie or sceptile) luring in grass attacks (switch to sceptile) and luring in electric attacks (switch to Sceptile and Rhyperior.) So its poor typing really opens up opportunities for other pokemon to get good switch ins.

There you go. I think this is one of the best teams you could run right now. No gimmicks just great pokemon with great synergy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)