this team has a winning record against kokoloko!!!

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
which is much more impressive than any ladder peak yes yes this is true but it did peak number 1 on po and only 2 on ps and i promise you the reason why froslass was banned on po was because those noobs were fed up of me abusing froslass ya uh huh. also i would format this rmt better but seriously why do the forums look so bad grrrr i can't use it at all. below is importable.

I AM THE BATMAN (Crobat) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Quick Attack

Rhyperior (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Night Shade
- Roost

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 32 Spd
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

This team relies on Darmanitan or Crobat to achieve some sort of sweep while relying on the other members to defend against threats, prevent SR from being set up and to counter defensive Pokemon from walling me. Generally I lead with Crobat or Darmanitan if I am confident that I will outspeed their lead so I get a quick U-Turn off like against Azelf or Accelegor (Scarfazelf is a huge problem if they immediately set up SR however) and go to Xatu if there is a shadow of a chance they will use SR. This is made somewhat easier by team preview, if you assume your oppoennt has SR somewhere once on their team you can fairly easily pinpoint which one of their guys has it. However against Rhyperior this does not work and if I see a Rhyperior I will generally lead with Shaymin or if I am feeling brave lead with Crobat and U-turn to Shaymin expecting the STAB Rock move. I am very happy that I have two fast U-turners and really the worst leads for me are ones that randomly have SR like Scarfazelf and faster leads like Scarfgon which cause trouble. Froslass also works as a lead but only if I am sure their SR user is slower than her because this team has extreme weakness to SR.

After the lead is done there is really one main scenarios that happen which is usually good for me. I have more than likely gained some momentum and for sure I have prevented SR from getting set up on my field (if i mess that up I usually lose the game, almost invariably) while I am getting a good chance to set up my own hazards with Froslass. If Froslass can get one layer I am already satisfied because its too hard usually to get 3 layers and 2 layers does only like 5% more than 1; it is much more important to have 1 Spikes layer and SR than getting 2 layer of Spikes. Unfortunately for me setting up hazards is extremely passive, apart from using Protect I would argue it is one of the most passive things you can do in competitive Pokemon so my opponent launches an attack by now.

This is where my defenders Shaymin and Rhyperior usually come in because they have pretty much obscene bulk and combined at full health (which they should be at because Xatu prevents hazards even at the cost of life usually)they check every single UU threat hands down. Considering this I am never at fear of getting swept off the bat especially as Froslass might have been able to stop the attack all by herself which is an extremely good scenario and usually leads to me winning. This doesn't happen often because most people aren't that bad but sometimes it happens almost forcibly because they have no good response to Froslass. The main worry here is that I am too busy defending to set up SR like against a Raikou for instance; do I really have the resources to both stop its sweep (very easily sets up on Froslass and Xatu) while still setting up SR? The answer for me is, as always, it depends. The best case scenario is that my opponent has no Victini or Darmnitan or Honchkrow or ScarfMienshao combined with Raikou but since thats like half the metagame this is not all often the case. If it is Rhyperior can quickly tank a few HP Ices or a single HP Grass while setting up SR and allow itself to die while breaking the Raikou's sub. Not perfect but Darmanitan should be able to force Raikou out or get a kill if they have no response while the hazards I so passively set up before really begin to shine and get me some kills like for instance reliably OHKOing most Zapdos or 2HKOing very specially defensive Milotic. Any type of bulky water is immediately countered by Shaymin which puts immense pressure by virtue of its STAB move and maximum investment combined with perfect coverage I believe (everything gets hit by a SE coverage move or a neutral STAB move bar weaklings that Xatu handles). This counter attack usually nets me some material to help justify the sacrifice of Froslass (likely, less likely if they have a spinner) and occasionally Xatu or Rhyperior (but not both Xatu and Rhyperior on principle I just like to avoid playing 3 Pokemon down).

As the opponent tries to defend they really have to make predictions or guesses here to stay in the game to be honest because how well the team works together. If Darmaitan is sweeping stuff and they have Slowbro out they might have to double switch to a Shaymin counter which would be my obvious switch in. It is really at this point of the game the game itself is decided at least half the time. Playing "normal looking moves" like Slowbro to Darmanitan or using Bronzong to Shaymin just don't work when all my team has a perfect counter to these Pokemon. Of course having perfect counters makes the moves a little move obvious and the prediction less guesswork than actually good predictions. If my Shaymin is out of course I don't want to stay in on an offensive Roserade when I have a Crobat to go to but that really sets up the opportunity to use for instance Sleep Powder or even a SE HP.

As my opponent scrambles to defend my attacks I need to keep striving for active play. It makes very little sense to sacrifice a few Pokemon in the lead game if I want to sit around with Xatu and Shaymin all day passively, I do my best to strike with a surprisingly strong Crobat last usually which does many weird things like OHKOing Chandelure with just Spikes (and sometimes without that) while also outspeeding him if he has a Modest Scarf. I also strangely enough can 2HKO most Zapdos if they try to counter me with SR up and can do the same with Raikou if I get two layers of any hazards most of the time. Walls like Slowbro take massive damage that cannot just be healed off by Regenerator most of the time if they come in with hazards because I 2HKO them before they Slack Off and they can't switch in anything else because nothing can usually tolerate the attacks (yes I do make sure Rhyperior is hurt badly, in fact Spikes biggest target is Rhyperior).

At the very end of the game is just like any other, all you have to do is calculate a few moves ahead and you can see if you won or lost or drew (happens a bit more often than you would expect with the recoil moves).

Thats all thanks and actually what i need right now is a Froslass replacement which obviously will change more than just her since I'll need a spinblocker yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)