This team is ass (Suspect test ladder team)

My old team both included Deoxys - S and was geared around the fact that ~60% of all teams ran Garchomp so I had to abandon it.

Swampert, Impish nature, 252hp/252def/4atk @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Avalanche
Stealth Rock

Standard physical swampert. I like mixpert personally, but he gets walled hard by gyarados unless you put HP electric in that last slot, and I decided I want a stealth rock user. Plus this variant is a lot sturdier, allowing him to still be useful after handling a threat. In the lead so he can get rocks up early. Tyranitar is also a fairly common lead and having him up against pert gives me an early advantage.

Heatran, Modest nature, 252hp/96def/100sp. atk/60sp. def @ Leftovers
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Rest
Sleep Talk

Again, a standard and old favorite of mine. Absorbs status, inflicts burn with lava plume, and takes hits like a champ while still being able to rest them off.

Celebi, Bold nature, 252hp/216def/36spe @ Leftovers (yes, I just forgot to put an item here)
Grass Knot
Hidden Power (Ice)
Recover
Leech Seed

Another standard, for good reason. serves as a semi gyarados counter (but ice fang is a fucking bitch). Leech seed also helps support the team, keeping HP up and increasing residual damage.

Tentacruel, Calm nature, 204hp/96sp. atk/172sp. def/36spe @ Black Sludge
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin

Spikes and spins as well as taking some special hits, EVs are taken from Justinawe's tentacruel, magnezone's EVs are also taken from his team.

Magnezone, Modest nature, 92hp/230sp. atk/188spe @ Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Substitute
Magnet Rise

Standard steel counter, EVs are slightly different, used mostly for outspeeding unboosted agiligross. Used mostly for killing zongs/skarmories to make way for Salamence.

Salamence, Jolly nature, 224hp/12atk/196def/76spe @ Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Roost
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Serves essentially the same purpose that Swine did but can also work on the defensive side with respectable defenses and better defensive typing. Handles SD lucario (only stone edge users can give it trouble really, bullet punch/crunch seem to be more popular options for handling gengar/cress).

With pocket's adjustments this team feels pretty solid, but I still notice a gengar issue, my best guess would be a bliss or zapdos.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can easily raise your team's defense, by making your Salamence a bulky DDmence. If you've seen Justinawe's team, you know what I'm talking about. It does an awesome job countering SD Luke, and with Magnezone taking out Bronzong and Skarmory, it can sweep with DD. I mean your team is pretty defensive as it is, with Celebi, RestTalk Heatran, and Tentacruel, and your LO Salamence seems devastating, but DDmence provides the defense you need without sacrificing much offense. DDmence can stall out non HP Ice Gengar if need be and absorbs hits from Heatran much better

RestTalk variant like yours can be a pain in the ass, however. Swampert (w/ Rest and/or Sleep Talk) / Milotic / Starmie can provide you with more reliable coverage in this respect than Tentacruel. Milotic also provides better Metagross coverage and both provides better Mamoswine coverage than Tenta. Alternatively, Celebi can go Grass Knot / HP Ground / Psychic to hit steels and fire hard while being able to hit Flying / Dragon pokemon. SR on Heatran or Celebi (over Psychic) would be ideal.

Another way you can go is Rest > Avalanche with a more defensive spread. Rest would be perfect when dealing with stall teams that a bulky DDmence cannot handle, such as TWave / Ibeam Blissey. With Rest, Toxi-Spikes harms your team very little, aside from Milotic / Starmie and Celebi's stalling capabilities.

DDGyarados + DDTar threatens your team pretty badly. However, your team has the resources to hit them hard and minimize their damage. Swampert with Stone-Edge or HP Ele is probably the best counter for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)