Thoroughly Unimpressive UU Team

Been using this team on the ladder for a while now. It's pretty solid, but I feel it could be improved.

Team at a glance:

Now for the team proper.

Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Nasty lead. Outspeeds just about everything that isn't the rare Scarf Typhlosion (and that has a solid answer in Hariyama), and proceeds to kill them right off. This includes Ambipom, as Fake Out fails to OHKO even if the Ambipom is max Attack Adamant with a Life Orb. Tri Attack is a deadly STAB move, Dark Pulse is there almost entirely for Froslass, and Thunderbolt deals with some uncommon leads such as Moltres and Swellow. Trick is there primarily for Uxie, though it can sometimes help in mid-late game to cripple an unsuspecting threat.

Tangrowth (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/202 Def/56 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Amnesia
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Ah, Tangrowth. One of my favorites, and with this build, one of the most annoying Pokemon in the game to face. A single Amnesia brings Tangrowth's Special Defense up to 300, and this is alongside an HP of 404 and a Defense of 369. Power Whip is a useful STAB move, capable of KOing quite a lot even without any Attack investment. Sleep Powder can incapacitate a switch-in, and Leech Seed allows Tangrowth to actually beat most Cresselia one-on-one.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/74 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Yep, Cresselia. This thing sweeps teams. It's not really necessary to use as a wall, when I already have three other Pokemon for that purpose. Cresselia is typically saved for mid-late game, when I've scouted their team and know what to watch for, and ideally taken out anything that could even theoretically stand in Cresselia's way. Calm Mind is fairly obvious - with Cresselia's insane bulk and Moonlight, getting 3 or 4 Calm Minds is typical. Psychic is there for STAB, while Ice Beam is a useful secondary attack (I tried Hidden Power Fighting before, only to be harshly reminded of Spiritomb's presence in UU).

Hariyama (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP/170 Atk/8 Spd/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Payback
- Whirlwind

For quite some time, this team had been troubled by Raikou, as well as most powerful Fire-types...until I discovered this guy. Hariyama can Whirlwind away any Cresselia and Raikou who try to set up, or punish any Fire-type who dares stay in with Earthquake. Brick Break allows it to kill off any Chansey or Clefable, while Payback hits Rotom and Mismagius. The only problem is that I had wanted a Pokemon who offered either Wish support or could cleric; Hariyama can do neither, though its ability to phaze does help quite a bit in making up for this.

Dugtrio (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Revenge kills. It's all Dugtrio is good for...but all Dugtrio needs to be good for. Dugtrio is one of the best, if not the best, revenge killer in the UU metagame. The ability to net a virtually guaranteed kill is something that should never be overlooked. Earthquake kills most things, while Stone Edge kills what Earthquake doesn't hit. Sucker Punch was chosen over Night Slash to surprise anything that has a priority attack or is faster. Substitute doesn't come into play often, but can massively screw over opposing teams when I predict a status move or a Sucker Punch.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/102 Atk/156 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Toxic

80/150/150. With defenses like those on such a great defensive type, how can you go wrong? It can screw over just about anything that tries to set up on it by simply poisoning them, then spamming Iron Head. It has enough Attack investment for its Iron Heads to break most Substitutes, and for them to KO many frailer Pokemon. Stealth Rock is one of the most powerful moves in the game, and on such a bulky Pokemon there will be many chances to use it. Rest allows for reliable healing and means this Registeel couldn't care less about paralysis or burns.

So...comments? Rates? Fixes? Ideas? Anything's welcome.

I'm not sure about damage calcs but I can see you having difficulties against Kangaskhan and Hitmontop leads. neither is common but they are still possible threats as both pack Fake Out as well as a priority. I'm not great at rates so I wont go into anything else. Just pointing out what the first thing I saw was.

Have you considered Signal beam over Icebeam on Cressellia?
This way you hit other psychic/dark types that could possible be troublesome.
You would have only 1 weakspot namely Steel types because Psychic can take care of the rest.

As for a wishpasser or have you tried any of the eeveelutions?
(These are ripped from smogon with alterations)
I first checked if umbreon had roar but allas he didn't so I checked the other 4 Eeveelutions allowed in the UU tier and came up with these.

( Base 110 sp,def , 60 def)
Flareon@leftovers~calm
252 hp, 4 spa , 252 sp.def
-Wish
-Roar
-Lavaplume
-Protect/HP rock/toxic
I would take this if you needed more sp.def oriented wishpasher.

(this 1 has 130 base def)
Leafeon@leftovers~Impish
252 hp, 252 def ,4 atk.
-Leafblade
-Wish
-Protect/Toxic
-Roar

This is a more physicly oriented wishpasser.

(base 110 def/ base 95 sp.def)
Glaceon@leftovers~Calm/Bold
252 HP , 252 def- sp.def- 140def/116sp- .def, 4 spa
-Wish
-Roar
-Icebeam
-Toxic/Protect

This can be both or a mixed wishpasser.

I would go with Flareon, because If you add in either Leafeon or Glaceon you also add in another fire weakness. Flareon however can take in fireattacks with Flashfire
If you add Glaceon you get 3 pokemon weak to fighting giving a burden on Cressellia to kill them first. I suggest testing out all 3 though because maybe you feel other ones suit better. They don't have that big hp as Hariyama does but they do have option to PHaze and wishpass.

Definatley get Signal Beam> Ice Beam on Cress, at the moment something along the lines of Sub + 3 attacks Alakazam really hurts you.

You can try a wishpasser if you feel you need it, however Registeel has got rest, Cress has moonlight and Tangrowth has leech seed so its not really nececary.

I think you could try Choice band on your Dugtrio as your description states its job is to trap and kill. CB increases your damage output and lets you KO Registeel if its at 70% so it cant do anything gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)