Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
I had never built or used anything with Koko calm mind so this was my first idea to put this team together
besides Landorus-T is the most used ground type mon in the meta, Which do not have access to direct regen
it would be easy for koko to sweep easily if she gets rid of it and some other annoyance, although of course, she would not be able to do it without the help of our
next partner.

shutterstock_image(4).png

:ss/slowking-galar:

Astral Sing (Slowking-Galar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature

- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

If you thought that the star of the team was Koko, you are wrong.

A perfect partner for this team, since he will fulfill a double function that not everyone could fulfill:
- Its first function will depend on its object and a movement, in this case Black Sludge and Trick, with this it will be able to fulfill a function similar to the already known clefable with sticky barb, This is to pass the black sludge to pokemons that can usually tank koko and annoy it.
Some of these can be:
:Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn: that apart from having resistance to both koko moves, it has leed seeds and with Power Whip it would not let us sweep its entire team easily.
:Gastrodon:
Gastrodon: it can be another annoyance for the team, with an immunity and a good special defense, in addition to an access to recover, it can easily tank koko, however for galar slowking, Trick him the Black sludge and try to slightly poison him with Sludge Bomb, It wouldnt be too much of a problem to take a lot of life out of it as the turns go by
:blissey:
Blissey: Do I need to say something? this mon has a very good special resistance, tanking koko with ease also having toxic in its move pool which makes it even more annoying, although it is not common to see it in too many teams, it is very common to see it in some stalls and it tends to be annoying to break his incredible special defense, However, by passing him the black sludge and keeping rocks on the field, it is only a matter of time to beat her in a PP battle.

Its second and best function is a wall breaker, lets be honest a team that cant beat a stall is not a good team, with nasty plot and its incredible move pool it can be a perfect wallbreaker, since most stalls are Clefable and Toxapex are the mons you use to stop Boosters, and none of these work to stop a +2 Slowking-G that has Psychic/Poison Stab.

shutterstock_image(5).png

:ss/buzzwole:

Powe Of Argument (Buzzwole) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 152 HP / 168 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

I preferred to use an Offensive Buzzwole, since if I made it defensive my team would be too passive, which would not be so favorable, with a little HP to favor their defense a little, with a little attack to get 2ko to some mons with the help of rocks, for example, Slowking galar which annoys our Tapu Koko Calm Mind, as well as we can get a 2ko to Corviknight, as well as Slowbro and a bit of speed to outspeed some threats like Tyranitar, Magnezone, adamant Bisharp and Heatran spd.

Although one of my main ideas when adding him to the team was to keep Weavile under control, which can be a great danger for the team as well as being normally tanked by Clefable, Toxapex and other Buzzwole, however Slowking-g can take care of all of these with relative ease.

shutterstock_image(8).png

:ss/gastrodon-East:
Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 176 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power
- Scald

Gastrodon, I did not want to use Landorus-t since the team is a bit fat and not very offensive, so I only had Hippowdown and Gastrodon among the options, Although Hippowdown could put rocks, Gastrodon caught my attention more for one of his movements to control boosters , if I talk about Clear smog, it is very useful in some cases, like for example the almost unusual but not absent demon Mew ( Cosmic Power )

This one has a bit of defense to control threats like Zeraora, and withstand offensive moves from some mons like Urshifu and Barraskewda, and clearly with the use of its ability Storm Drain we can easily control almost any variant of the Rain teams.

shutterstock_image.png

:ss/Blissey:

Holly Life (Blissey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

And of course, the queen of HP and Special defense could not be missing, personally it is a mon that I love and I could not leave it out of one of my best teams.

Her entry into this team was perfect, as I personally have never liked building teams without good ghost resists ( Heatran is not a ghost resists -.- ) and what better mon to complement this roll than Blissey, besides her typing that it makes him immune to Ghost and he only has one weakness, he can beat almost any special attacker, another reason why he fit amazingly well on this team is because Volcarona causes us some problems, so I decided to use it with Toxic this time

Since our team was in need of a hazzard setter, Blissey luckily learns Stealth Rock which I decided to keep instead of using it with Teleport.

shutterstock_image(6).png

:ss/corviKnight:

Shinigami Eyes (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press/Brave Bird
- Defog

Not only does he have amazing ability, the reason hes on this team is because hes a terrific Steel type, and because of his direct regeneration with Roost, with access to Defog, he becomes an amazing Defogger, and his ability pressure will make your opponent run out of hazzards in the blink of an eye.

He fits in quite well in this team since we suffered a bit against Tapu Lele, but with the help of Corvi and Slowking-G they will not be a problem at all.

The reason why he wears a Rocky Helmet just like Buzzwole is because Weavile and his Triple Axel can cause some problems once he gets the Rocky Helmet off Buzzwole.

You can use Brave Bird instead of Body Press to control Threats like Hawlucha which tend to be a bit annoying.

shutterstock_image(11).png

:tapu-koko: :slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :gastrodon-east: :blissey: :corviknight:

shutterstock_image(12).png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1657708496-ib255e2mmnn3nysrppbw3bsuexn13hhpw Against TPP Stour Trios r3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1655224585-c84sobk1bjafzjfsvpui5qovw9jkah0pw Epl
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-645711 Stour trios r2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1650187821-8w8dxbd0vctxn80u7gy9rohif819wnxpw Vs Dasmer +1900 Elo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1650183696-sdzm1klicg8usg30nen33ji9vywj47kpw Vs Hervalt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1649721878-2kqqbicfpow7r6kpddahcxclbqg3t8spw Vs Gray
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1648114127-lhpnexrnb2w67lcfik5jnp27h99cxrcpw Hard Game vs Storm zone​

Attachments

Last edited:
This team is really cool (I love the idea of nasty plot glowking), the only suggestion I would make is changing psychic to psyshock because of blissey and other special tanks

Last edited:
Really cool team ayano, I really love the idea behind this as two special attackers using setup to their advantage on a bulky fat team that provides them opportunities. however I see a few problems here:
1) :blaziken: is incredibly annoying, it needs one window vs blissey or press corvi and it's eating half of the team straight up.
2) Dual WIngbeat packing :dragonite: can go really hard here due to lack of Iron Defense Corviknight and the other check being buzzwole.
2) Toxic :heatran:, :zapdos: :tapu-koko: go really crazy with lack of cleric, these mons will find a way to win at the end by being purely annoying and waiting for gastro to lose health and get in range of their attacks.
3) :slowking-galar: is annoying with nasty plot or black sludge trick. speaking off...
4) future sight is completely rough here but thats just cheating when rating most fat teams.

Changes I'd suggest:
1) Psyshock > Psychic on :slowking-galar:, Psychic does jackshit to bliss/gastro while shock goes crazy vs them.
2) Iron Defense > U-turn on :corviknight:, corviknight doesn't need momentum here at all because nothing uses the momentum provided.
3) Light screen :toxapex: >:buzzwole:, I think only fat teams that are extremely slow and need a crawdaunt check, this team has a koko for speed control and while the daunt matchup is tough, the team can find it's way out and the problems pex may solve are huge.

This is all I got rn, hope this helps. Always a fan of Slowking Fat. Have a good one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)