EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

Byleth

Retirement
I dont think I'll have the effort to top the ladder yet but atm 20-1 with this team + has won some room tours and since there are no samples might as well share this
:sneasel: :jellicent: :passimian: :gigalith: :weezing-galar: :silvally:
(Click mons for team)

Anyway brief run down for what the team does,

:sneasel: - The wincon of the team and is swords dance boots. Ignores hazards and wears down team with knock to later sd and clean, very nice mon very comparable to Weavile's role in standard.

:Jellicent: - This acts as a Glastrier check and an immunity to stuff like spin and boomburst, very fat water that can wincon with taunt and deters physical attackers with wisp. Taunt helps shut down stuff like Quag so it doesn't poison you and other various fat mons, speed is to creep uninvested Cresselia.

:Passimian: - Your revenge killer for the team, scarf Passimian is a strong pivot and deals with some stuff like slow shell smashers and various threats faster than sneeze.

:Gigalith: - The Stealth Rock setter, spdef wall, and ruiner of weird bugs flying around mon. Usually leading with this is fine, tect is there to help recover and scout choice item moves while rock blast is chosen as it helps hit stuff like frosmoth galar cuno etc behind the sub.

:weezing-galar: - The teams main ground and grass resist, secondary physical wall and hazard setter. Tspikes help Sneeze break through stuff like quag and help jelli power up hex so its a good addition, also is a good midground to fighting types that like to click knock on jelli.
Edit: Gweeze is a good alternative to normal weeze as it gives the team a better Absol and Scrafty switchin, resists fighting better, eats various Knocks better, and gives the team a much needed dragon resist. Will probably be switching over to Gweeze, even with the lower stat total bc fairy is broken.

:silvally: (ground) - The ground and hazard removal of the team, this mons the least important but still important enough as it blocks volt switch and twaves nice to slow stuff down since it usually eats a hit fine and can outspeed a lot uninvested.

Goal w team is generally set hazards, wear down opposing team through status, and clean with Sneeze.

As far as building for this meta goes, literally just find the best mons in PU and/or NU and stick them on a team together (make sure they have synergy obviously), many of the ou uu and ru mons are just not worth using which is sad but thats the way it is.

ciao

Last edited:
Its been some time since I last logged in and posted something but with TS being OM of the month again, I have some thoughts.
Due to the amount of steroids low tiers have injected into them, this format has become mostly below PU, PU, and NU.

So I tried experimenting with some mons in RU and UU. Almost all of them don't really have the oomph to make it. Except one I really like:

:Reuniclus: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Future Sight
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Due to Gbro going to RUBL, Reuinclus sheer stats makes it the tiers premier future sight Regen tank of choice. The gameplay is simple, pivot in with solid 110/95/105 bulk +AV, set up future sight or use knock off, run away, then repeat as needed. Been using it on my stall team and its pretty effective. I also think Xurk is strong but haven't seen it much.

Also, want to talk about this ass.
:Charizard: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

I don't like :Charizard: and the amount of privilege it gets. But I can't deny its effectiveness and how it outclasses other mons such as :Moltres: and :Talonflame:
:Charizard: stats: 78/124/118/149/125/140
:Talonflame: stats: 78/111/101/104/99/156
:Moltres: stats: 90/110/100/135/95/100

All 3 are fire/flying that run mainly run offensive pivot sets, or bulkier defensive sets.
Moltres's only notable advantages are flame body and U-turn. Zard is faster, bulkier, and has focus blast making offensive sets have better coverage.
Talonflame has Flame Body, U-turn, BB, and higher speed. But I'm not sure 16 speed advantage is worth the diff in every other stat. And BB doesn't matter because Zard has 149 spa and STAB hurricane.
On a tangent, I had a discussion a couple of days ago in the OM room about readjusting the TS stat boost system. Have there been talks about this?If so, I had drafted an idea for a new system.

Last edited:

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing this ladder quite a bit since I enjoy oms that change the stats of mons and i figured why not give this one a serious try. at first i tried out a bunch of wacky HO stuff then i figured that since PU mons get such a major buff, why not just use a PU team thats gonna be supercharged in this format? Now im not gonna take credit for this team, i found it here in the PU sample team submissions, but its served me pretty well on the ladder. Just gonna do a quick breakdown of roles on the team and some threats to the team below.

:rotom: 50/50/77/95/77/91 -> 50/90/117/135/117/131
the speed control on this team, can take out stuff like charizard and articuno-galar pretty easily, as well as being able to deal solid damage to uxie, something that isnt always easy. It outspeeds a lot of other scarfers and boosted pokemon like +1 adamant tyrantrum. Trick is there to make guys like ferroseed or boots mons a little easier to deal with. pivoting, broken ghost stab, great speed and powerful attacks make this guy a strong attacker and revenge killer.

:ribombee: 60/55/60/95/70/124 -> 60/95/100/135/110/164
secondary speed control, cleric and wincon of the team, has an incredible base speed tier and quiver dance makes it a major threat once set up. aromatherapy is nice for the abundance of toxic users and tspike users in the tier, the other moves are pretty self explanatory.

:garbodor: 80/95/82/60/82/75 -> 80/135/122/100/122/115
hazard stacker that is surprisingly bulky, the helmet and aftermath are very valuable to take out physical attackers that would otherwise be a major threat to the team, like sd sneasel, among other things. gunk shot deals with ribombee and whimsicott, stomping tantrum with togedemaru (or however you spell it) and the spikes help whittle down the checks to your offensive guys.

:regirock: 80/100/200/50/100/50 -> 80/140/240/90/140/90
the primary physical wall, coming in at 607 defense, without even full investment (lol). the rocker, charizard check, and it can check pretty much anything especially with cleric support from ribombee and wishes from togedemaru. All the moves are pretty self explanatory.

:eldegoss: 60/50/90/80/120/60 -> 60/90/130/120/160/100
hazard removal, mandatory regen pivot, leech seed spammer and general special switchin. eldegoss is a glue mon that does a good job of checking most ground and water types while also spreading paralysis. It can cripple and KO quagsire and sandslash, something this team can struggle with pretty heavily. All the moves do probably exactly what you think they would do on this mon.

:togedemaru: 65/98/63/40/73/96 -> 65/138/103/80/113/136
switchin to the electric types like jolteon, also helps out a bit with ribombee and galarcuno. wish support is often invaluable since most of these mons lack insant recovery. uturn helps bring stuff in and iron head is just there so its not doing 0 damage.

Threatlist:
:ferroseed: - this mon can give this team some serious headaches by just spamming hazards and leech seed, its tough to ohko with this and often requires several turns of switching around to KO it.

:quagsire: - quag can also be an issue if ur eldegoss is dead, since nothing really does a lot of damage to it and it ignores all ur qd boosts and can stall u out of aromatherapy pp, making it much easier for you to lose right then and there or later down the line.

:gallade: - gallade can give this team some major issues since u dont really have a great switchin to it, unless u predict perfectly. the best way to deal with it is probably to chip it down with hazards + helmet from garb and then either rk with rotom or if they have shadow sneak, sack garb to it, oftentimes ko'ing it, depending on how much chip got put on it.

Thats all from me, s/o to PU for the cool team. obviously not a perfect team, or a perfect analysis of it, but a pretty solid team from what ive seen. have a good rest of ur day/night everyone :)

I've been getting a lot of success with this team, especially against bulky stall teams. I think the only main weakness this team has is against weather, though that matchup just requires me to outplay my opponent.

Sandslash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Sandslash is one of the best hazard setters in the meta with access to both Spikes and Rapid Spin. Applying pressure with entry hazards is much easier since the power level is so much higher and good Defoggers aren't as bulky. Sandslash, on the other hand, is very bulky with its base 150 Defense, allowing it to set up for free on physical attackers and Knock Off any HDBs or choice items. It can tank attacks such as Sneasel's Triple Axel and retaliate with Earthquake, OHKOing after Rocky Helmet damage. It's surprising how much it can survive, like Vikavolt Energy Ball, and its 105 speed allows it to continue setting hazards or get a free Rapid Spin. Its Sand Rush ability can catch Gigalith users off-guard and net some cheesy kills or get free Rapid Spins.

Cinccino @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast / Triple Axel
- U-turn

Cinccino is the most balanced mix of revenge killer/pivot on the team, as well as being a great sweep counter. Adamant Choice Scarf outspeeds every viable scarfer (most importantly scarfed Indeedee) and Adamant Slush Rush Arctovish, and it can easily finish off a weakened tank or force a switch into Spikes damage to secure a 2HKO. U turn keeps up the momentum to capitalize on the rest of the team's sheer power, creating annoying Volt-Turn loops with Raichu and Scyther. Triple Axel has its uses in 2HKOing Appletun and beating other Dragon types, but I prefer Rock Blast to counter Quiver Dance sweepers and bulky Charizard.

Indeedee-F (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Mystical Fire / Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Indeedee: Volt-Turn it in and wreck everything. Dark types aren't a problem for this team, it OHKO'S Sneasel after some Rocky Helmet chip from Sandslash, and Skuntank can hardly be considered a threat anyways, not to mention how predictable people become with switching in Dark types. Psychic Surge can beat out Electric Terrain, which is great because my team isn't the best against A-Raichu and Hawlucha otherwise. Blocking priority can help against Whimsicott Defog or Grimmsnarl Thunder Wave. Tricking a Choice Scarf can cripple any Chansey/Blissey that thinks they can switch in, and Expanding Force can do a lot of damage even when Psychic Terrain ends.

Scyther @ Sharp Beak / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dual Wingbeat
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Scyther's Dual Wingbeat is so strong, the rest of its moves don't matter. Using Life Orb secures the OHKO on Aurorus, but Sharp Beak allows you to switch in more should Stealth Rocks get up and let's you get more hits on Rocky Helmet walls. If they don't have a Quagsire (and they won't due to the excess of Grass moves on the team), you can Swords Dance up and OHKO almost everything after Spikes damage. Letting your opponent get Stealth Rocks up late game can give them a false sense of security, but Scyther doesn't need to switch out. It's just a really strong Pokémon, not much else to say other than don't get hit.

Raichu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Raichu is probably the second most slept on Pokémon in the meta, having access to Grass Knot and Surf as great middle grounds against Ground types, as well as destroying Quagsire. Specs Volt Switch hurts, and anything that resists Volt Switch won't like a Dual Wingbeat from Scyther or a U-Turn from Cinccino. Its base 150 Speed allows it to outspeed Scyther and Adamant scarfed Arctovish, then either dish out an easy OHKO or heavily damage the switch-in. If you're in a pickle, Volt Switch spam into a sacrifice back into Raichu is a valid strategy that few sweepers can actually handle.

Gourgeist-Large @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

If Raichu is the second most slept on Pokémon, than offensive Gourgeist is the first. Large form allows it to outspeed bulky Ghost types like Jellicent and Trevenant, and almost anything that breathes is 3HKOd at least by Life Orb Poltergeist or Power Whip. This is the ultimate stall breaker, beating Chansey and Quagsire with relative ease. Will-O-Wisp can cripple any counters and allows a safe switch to Sandslash for more Spikes, though Gourgeist itself is tanky enough to survive super effective hits even without a burn. Shadow Sneak is a very strong priority, but it is a must that you play around your own Psychic Terrain to end a potential sweep.

I feel like Gigalith :Gigalith: is very underrated. It has such good stats on its own + pu boost, an amazing ability in sand stream and is threatening to Xatu. I just hard countered a stall team with this mon single-handedly, because it also simply killed eldegross attempting to giga drain while sand stream spd boosted. With rest + wish & cleric support tho.

Also Snorlax :Snorlax: is such a good mon. It can run so many sets in so many great abilities and in its large movepool. Insane stats + nu boosted.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Facade

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scorching Sands
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Teleport

Another mon that I like is Lanturn :Lanturn: as it has such high base hp and thus gains so much value out of the pu boosts. Combined with a nice offensive movepool + av and you have nice defensive check in a water type + volt absorb.

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Cofagrigus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Body Press
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Facade

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Glitchwood High

formerly Err0r Mobutt
I've been getting a lot of success with this team, especially against bulky stall teams. I think the only main weakness this team has is against weather, though that matchup just requires me to outplay my opponent...
Pretty interesting team but a few things stood out to me:
  1. I don't really know about Sandslash being one of the best hazard-setters in the metagame. It has a fun combo of spikes + rapid spin but aside that it seems like deadweight since it can't switch in on damn near anything without fearing annihilation. From my experience, even musdale struggles to be an effective physical wall at times even with Stamina boosts and wish support.
    1. The tier doesn't have too many hazard control mons, but most of them just switch-in and defog away because they can very easily beat sandy (mantine, xatu, whimsicott, tsareena, a lotta silvally forms). I think you'd be better with like qwilfish since it can poison opposition and, importantly, explode to deny momentum
    2. Dark types are a massive problem for this team because your answer is prayer kek. To be fair this team is heavily defensively lacking so that's in general but still w/e
    3. I'm begging you to run hdb scyther because against teams with rocks you switch-in (and I'm not sure versus what because scyther gets 2hko'd by almost everything) take 50%, and hope you OHKO their defensive and then it doesn't come in much after that.
    4. It's a creative team overall but I guess it just confuses me. It's a spikestack hyper-offense team except the offense isn't hyper and there's no defensive backbone? Good on you for finding success though!
      1. also the shadow sneak on gourgeist is kinda ass because it's negative synergy but it works
Also Snorlax is such a good mon...
as a dude whose second-favorite Pokemon is snorlax (check out my commissioned avatar yo), snorlax is super cool on paper but in practice it gets hammered and worn down really quickly by all the crazy-ass physical attackers or volt switch'd on until oblivion. can certify that gigalith is a motherfucker, though!

Sidenote, but Arctovish is actually the most insane mon in this tier. It's got all the power of a nuclear bomb but then it has the bulk to do this:

Last edited:
  1. I don't really know about Sandslash being one of the best hazard-setters in the metagame. It has a fun combo of spikes + rapid spin but aside that it seems like deadweight since it can't switch in on damn near anything without fearing annihilation. From my experience, even musdale struggles to be an effective physical wall at times even with Stamina boosts and wish support.
    1. The tier doesn't have too many hazard control mons, but most of them just switch-in and defog away because they can very easily beat sandy (mantine, xatu, whimsicott, tsareena, a lotta silvally forms). I think you'd be better with like qwilfish since it can poison opposition and, importantly, explode to deny momentum
There probably are better options than Sandslash, but for this team it's not meant to be a long-term tank more than it is just a consistent and safe switch-in to get more hazards, remove hazards, or die for a counterattack. Qwilfish sounds interesting though.

I probably should've made the win condition more clear. The team is basically meant to chip away at bulky teams with a balanced mix of powerful attacks, and rush down offensive teams with instant damage. Spikes are great on their own, but the main point is to force in their hazard removal and punish whatever they do. There isn't much bulky hazard removal, which means that most of my team 2HKOs them. If they instead decide to KO one of my Pokemon (uninvested attacks are weak enough that this will happen towards the late game, even with my frail team), that gives me a strong counterattack and forces the Spikes to stay up. The team is built with high base power moves in mind instead of setup moves to punish switches and force the opponent to use a turn to mitigate the damage with recovery or hazard removal, keeping up my momentum by giving me free switches or free damage.

As for HDB on Scyther, Sharp Beak secures the 2HKO (or OHKO with SD) on bulky mons that think they can switch in on an attack, like max HP Glaceon or max HP+Defense Mantine, preventing the latter from Roosting. Along with that, I've never lost a game because I needed Scyther at max health, and being able to sacrifice Scyther late game to get a free switch has actually won me many games.

WARNING: Im not a good player. Just like TS and have been playing on and off since the days of ETS (for those who remember those times).
I have been developing a hazard stack stall team Im calling Judo Stall. I wanted to show some more exploration Ive been doing in the format.
Ty Byleth for telling me how to use spoilers to make this post way more organized.

https://pokepast.es/d293c02e2327fd73

General Summary of team and though process of build:
Team is hazard stack stall built around rest/talk :Throh: who phases all day with Circle Throw. Despite being untier, its still a beast.
The build of the team was :Throh: , :Quagsire: , Spin Blocker, Rapid Spin (need to maintain hazards makes spin superior to defog for this team), a SR setter, and a spikes setter. Hazard stack isn't as strong as gen 7 due to HDB which is why proper usage of Knock Off is key.

:Throh: - The star that the entire team is built around. In TS, its a beast thanks to its 120/125/125 bulk and 140 attack letting it tank and dish out good dmg. Circle Throw is a STAB that phases allowing for hazard dmg to build while also serving as a 2nd way of checking set up sweepers. While Knock Off handles ghosts who think they can get a free switch and it removes HDB. Typically Im not a fan of rest talk but it works great for :Throh:. Guts means Throh is at its strongest when asleep and Rest Talk Circle Throw ignores Circle Throws neg priority. This won't come up often due to low speed but its saved me once or twice.

:Jellicent: - Teams spin blocker who has great special bulk and handles the bulky waters running around. It can also stall break with taunt and annoy magic bouncers with STAB Hex. Male is mandatory for glorious mustache.

:Quagsire: - A stalling machine. I love this derpy mon and its the glue for many TS stall teams due to Unaware and a great def typing.

:Garbodor: - Sets spikes, resists grass, has a recovery option in pain split, and deals good residual dmg with Rocky Helmet and Aftermath.Last slot is whatever. DP compresses healing and fighting coverage but lacks power of Body Press and its even less reliable then pain split for healing.

:Eldegoss: - One of 2 viable regenerators in the tier (the other being :Reuniclus:). It spins hazards, clerics status with aroma, and spams leech seed which is really nice for Copper, Throh, and :Garbodor:. Outside of leech seed its a bit to passive and it can't do much to grass types.

Finding a SR setter was the hardest part. The amount of viable mons that set SR and isn't weak to grass is very limited. To prevent team from having 3 grass weakness, the 2 main picks I had was:Miltank: and :Copperajah:. Copper won on the back of its steel typing and being less passive but its lack of reliable recovery hurts. Also, high HP means leech seed won't heal as much as you would hope.

Threats to team:
:Xatu: and :Espeon: Magic Bounce is really annoying to team and reliable recovery means they can play the grind game. Difficulty in statusing them makes it hard for :Jellicent: to threaten with Hex.

Grass Types in gen: There are a lot of good bulky waters in the format and this team runs 2 meaning grass types are a pain. While I have eld and Garbage, Eld can't really do anything to grass types and garbage can be worn down.

Set up special attacking ghost and/or psychic types: Very specific but still a pain in the ass. Quag doesn't have the bulk to unaware tank and Throh can't Circle Throw them. For psychics, same case for Quag while Throh has a worse time due to psychic weakness.

Type weakness overlap: Unfortunately, this team has a like of type weaknesses that mons share. 2 Ground, 2 grass, 2 flying, 2 fire

Hazard removal and HDB: Team is built around hazard stacking so avoiding HDB getting knocked and hazard removal can deny team its main win condition.

Tried working out a lot of spikes, SR, and Rapid spin combos for team. Here are some mons who I considered but didn't make the cut.
:Sandslash: 75/140/150/85/95/105 Has spikes and rapid spin, good physical bulk, and scares ghost type from spinblock with Knock Off. Problem was ground typing (which didn't mesh with this team), lack of reliable recovery, and abilities only coming up against sand teams.

:Roserade: Combines :Garbodor: poison type and access to spikes with :Eldegoss: grass typing and access to leech seed. But like most of RU, its stats doesn't give it the oomph it needs to contend with the drugged up monsters of TS.

:Tsareena: A great mix of offense and utility between Trop Kick, Rapid Spin, Knock Off and U-turn but suffers from 4MSS. Could run synthesis or make a decent AV tank with Wish support though.

:Armaldo: / :Kabutops: Both are Rock types with solid physical attack, Rapid Spin + Knock Off Combo and SR to boot. However, both lack reliable recovery and have poor def typings. Abilities are also pretty meh. Kabutops does have Flip Turn giving it a great utility set of Rapid Spin / Knock Off / Flip Turn / SR.

:Mesprit: / :Uxie: Great utility with SR, U-turn and Knock but lacks recovery and psychic typing is meh defensively.

:Starmie: Has Rapid Spin + recover + Natural Cure + Flip turn and fantastic speed. But low hp and would have to give up its great offensive potential.

Finally, here are some mons in TS I haven't really used much but haven't caught my eye until now.
:Articuno-Galar: 90/125/125/165/140/135 so this has BST = Mega Ray. Good lord this thing scares the crap out of me. I thought Reuniclus STAB Future sight was good but this is disgusting. It also has fantastic bulk so the HDB Offensive pivot set is awesome.
:Regirock: 80/140/240/90/140/90 The ultimate physical wall. Only held back by lack of reliable recovery and meh def typing. I thought it was a bit passive but 240 body press and 140 attack means its not as passive as I first thought.
:Scyther: 70/150/120/95/120/145 Remember when people thought of banning this due to PU Boosts, HDB, and Tech Dual wingbeat? And now its perfectly fine?
:Virizion: 91/120/102/120/159/138 So on a side tangent, I think TS is pretty unkind to BL mons. I understand the logic that they shouldn't get the boosts of the tier below them, but getting the boosts above them is also unfair because why should I run a BL when there is a likely more viable mon in the tier above. But there are some mons who don't mind the BL tier. Virizion is one of those mons. Its BST > :Arceus:. However, fighting types are strong in TS meaning it has a lot of competition and while its stats are master of all, its move pool makes it a jack of all trades.

:Lanturn: 125/98/98/116/116/107 I love me pivots and AV tanks. :Lanturn: is a great mon for these roles. Great def typing + volt absorb. But man the lack of reliable recovery hurts. With Wish or Leech Seed support it could become really strong.

:Snorlax: 160/140/95/95/140/60 Oh how the might have fallen. Still amazing special bulk, great physical bulk, and has an ability mixup between Thicc Fat and Immunity. But normal typing sucks and again lack of reliable recovery kills.

Last edited:
as a dude whose second-favorite Pokemon is snorlax (check out my commissioned avatar yo), snorlax is super cool on paper but in practice it gets hammered and worn down really quickly by all the crazy-ass physical attackers or volt switch'd on until oblivion. can certify that gigalith is a motherfucker, though!
Ye without proper support Snorlax might be underwhelimg. I played him with slow pivots / wish / cleric / other defensive checks.

I also just realised that spd Jolteon :Jolteon: is is a good alternative to Lanturn :Lanturn: with Wish Protox Volt Switch. Especially better versus Volt-Switchers with grass coverage like Xurkitree :xurkitree:.
Jolteon @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
hello, i just made top 5 on the tier shift ladder. i was initially aiming for top 1, but 1600 elo is needed for that - i definitely do not have the time and patience to pursue such trivial matter, so i settled for 1500. i'll share a mindless team for easy laddering below. its a hail team with broken arctovish. i am usually able to crack the code for broken shit with minimal trial & error for most oms, but i had trouble with tier shift. nevertheless, i was able to crack the code - once i did, i went undefeated in the trip from ~1320 to 1500.
:vanilluxe: :arctovish: :decidueye: :landorus-therian: :cobalion: :chandelure:

the leader & hail setter of the team is vanilluxe; equipped with choice specs, its role is both to act as kyurem and wallbreak, as well as set up arctovish. since there are only 5 turns of hail, you do have to be somewhat mindful in using it; however, the extra power of specs is absolutely worth it in my experience. the ice cream also differentiates itself from other setters by having ice shard, crucial priority that proves more useful than you'd expect. arctovish breaks everything with fishious rend, blizzard, and freeze dry. it holds a life orb for max damage output - the recoil rarely make a difference. decidueye brings a nuclear poltergeist and additional priority in shadow sneak.

landorus-therian may seem like an odd choice for a metagame with so many powerful pokemon, but the utility that ground-flying type brings is absolutely unmatched by any pokemon. furthermore, lando has an extremely easy time with defogging, and its ability to be so defensive while having a strong offensive presence is too good to pass up. cobalion is extremely surprising to me. its typing and stats allow it to proc rocky helmet against the strongest physical attackers so many times, while stealth rock + twave + volt switch make it not passive at all. chandelure is the fire type scarfer of the team - it is exactly like blacephalon, except slightly better. ok, goodbye

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8tiershift-1595203495 So I encountered this Full Stall team while I was on a fresh alt with a Hail HO team, and it is the most stressful thing that has happened to me in months. Enjoy!

As Senzumii pointed out, Arctovish is busted, and I got so frustrated losing to it with my balance teams that I decided to go full gimmick and made this team:
:vanilluxe: :arctovish: :abomasnow: :beartic: :jolteon: :mantine:
Vanilluxe is a great enabler for Arctovish, I decided to go with Light Clay on an Offensive Spread, so that it can create switch-in opportunities for other teammates without sacrificing its ability to chip and break down the walls that stand in the way of your sweepers, even using Toxic in the last slot to wear down any Ice/Water resists. Abomasnow serves as a secondary weather setter, running Icy Rock to get maximum Hail turns for its teammates. Also brings Ice Shard for emergencies. My Arctovish has a min maxed spread that allows it to outspeed base 115 scarfers. 2 of the common threats that need to be weakened or removed before going for the sweep are Glastrier, which is bulky enough to not be OHKO'd by Fishious Rend, and Comfy, which, even if it doesn't run Giga Drain, Will heal off enough with Draining Kiss that it will outdamage your "slower" Fishious Rend. Specs Modest Jolteon is here because Weather Ball really rounds out its coverage well, and I like the spiky boi. Beartic is a secondary Win Con, Heavy-Duty Boots is a hedge against Sticky Web. Mantine is here to absorb the Fire, Fighting and Steel type moves that will wreck my mostly Ice type team, as well as Defog, which I have quickly learned is absolutely invaluable. No Hazards on the team, chip damage from hail almost makes up for no rocks. Almost.

hello, i just made top 5 on the tier shift ladder. i was initially aiming for top 1, but 1600 elo is needed for that - i definitely do not have the time and patience to pursue such trivial matter, so i settled for 1500. i'll share a mindless team for easy laddering below. its a hail team with broken arctovish. i am usually able to crack the code for broken shit with minimal trial & error for most oms, but i had trouble with tier shift. nevertheless, i was able to crack the code - once i did, i went undefeated in the trip from ~1320 to 1500.
As someone who also likes finding the most broken shit and abuse it to death, you get my respect.
I had written off UU mons (and nearly all of RU) as generally unviable in TS, but you have an UU and OU mon on your team and made it far.
Ive been playing to much stall and haven't seen much hail but Ill give hail a shot to see how dumb it is.
On paper, Arctovish is super broken just no one has figured out how to optimize it. Until now.

I made this hail team with :drifblim: to hit 20-2

:arctovish: :jolteon: :vanilluxe: :silvally: :thwackey: :drifblim:

https://pokepast.es/702b8d9bae7a2e44

Arctovish is actually broken as people have said. I like Mystic Water but I think Life Orb could work too. Vanilluxe is a good setter that can set veil and is also insanely strong. Silvally-Steel is used for hazard control and as something to just get in Arctovish effectively with explosion (and do massive damage at +2). Jolteon is just a very strong attacker w Bolt Beam coverage who can paralyze something in a pinch or volt switch to get arctovish in safely.

The coolest thing though is Drifblim. 150 HP, makes 84/94 defenses very usable making it stomach some truly insane hits. With Unburden it outspeeds Arctovish under hail due to higher base speed and with Grassy Seed + Strength Sap physical attackers have a really tough time breaking through. After a Calm Mind it outspeeds everything and nothing can kill it. :thwackey: is a great partner because it can U-Turn to get Drifblim in safely and sets terrain, and also revenge kills with Glide in a pinch.

Just for fun:
252 Atk Life Orb Arctovish Fishious Rend (85 BP) vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Drifblim: 140-165 (31.7 - 37.4%) -- 86.9% chance to 3HKO

Disclaimer:I am very new to this so feel free to criticized me

So after taking a look of this OM i decided to made a sun team because the first think that came to mind when i read Tier Shift description is How Strong Charizard Is?

https://pokepast.es/fb683f0cbe452bfd
png-transparent-pokemon-go-pokemon-red-and-blue-ninetales-pokedex-pokemon-go-mammal-galliforme...png
Ninetales @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Calm Mind
- Solar Beam
-Will-O-Wisp

Ninetales Sets up sun which is necessary for sun team and can throw off powerful Overheat while giving a free switch to powerful sun sweeper such us Leafeon and Charizard Thanks to Eject Pack.Calm Mind was a boosting moves that i chose instead of Nasty Plot because Calm Mind also boost it's Sp. Def that was useful for taking a hit. Solar Beam was to Hit Water Type that resist troubles powerful fire type in the team.Will O Wisp could be useful for stopping a powerful physical attacker while Schorching Sands make sure that Ninetales was not walled by Heatran.Ninetales was a Sun Setter that i Chose instead of Torkoal because Ninetales Could actually out speed some pokemon and Deal Some damage while still Support it's Teammate though if you want to have a defensive sun setter you better off choose Torkoal
images.jpeg

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs:4 HP/252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Schorching Sands
- Dragon Pulse

Charizard has a now high base Sp.Attack in 149 and with sun it's Fire Blast will hit so hard and couple that with Solar Power and Choice Specs boost It's Fire Blast will possibly OHKO anything without a resist to fire.Air Slash was useful for a Pokemon that resist Fire Blast.Scorching Sands again make sure that Charizard was not walled by Heatran.Dragon Pulse was for.. Honestly i don't know,you can change it to anything you want maybe Toxic could be useful.For the item i chose Choice Specs for more power but if you think that Solar Power boost was enough you can change it to Heavy Duty Boost so Charizard 4x Stealth Rock was not gonna bother it's sweeping capability.Charizard was the reason why I Made this Sun Team In the first place and The result was Charizard was a Very Good Pokemon that could do some Serious Damage and could possibly sweep if the opponent was not prepared
80-800477_free-icons-png-pokemon-leafeon-transparent-png.jpg
Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Solar Blade
- X-Scissor
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off/Swords Dance

Solar Blade was Leafeon Strongest Stab and could help against Water Type.X-Scissor and Double Edge was for A Pokemon that resist Solar Blade like Grass Type Pokemon.Knock Off could be useful to remove Opponents pokemon item while Swords Dance was for boost Leafeon attack Further.For the item You can Choose Choice Band if you want to have knock off but if you want to have Swords Dance you have to ran Life Orb. Leafeon was not gonna sweep anytime soon mainly because Grass is a Horrible Offensive Typing and Leafeon has a very few coverage moves but It's still a very good Pokemon.
Mantine-Pokemon-Transparent-File.png
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
- Scald

Mantine main job is to tank a hit from a Flash Fire user mainly Heatran and Chandelure with it's now 170 Sp.Def and could absorb water attack with it's ability .Mantine Can Defog Hazard that's gonna bother powerful Fire Type in the Team.Mantine also has a reliable recovery in Roost to make sure that Mantine could stay Healthy thoughout the game.Haze can stop powerful setup sweeper while Scald guarantee that Mantine was not vulnerable to Taunt and has A nasty 30% chance to burn.Heavy Duty Boots remove it's weakness to Stealth Rock but Mantine must be careful against the common knock off
8-87017_alolan-marowak-hd-png-download.jpg
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off
Marowak can be a powerful wallbreaker with it's powerful Sun Boosted Flare Blitz with no recoil because of it's ability Rock Head,Thick Club doubled it's Attack stat and now that Marowak has Base 65 Speed which aren't necessarily good but it's worth it.Marowak moveset offer a very perfect coverage Flare Blitz was it's strongest STAB,Poltergeist for a Pokemon that resist Fire,Thunder Punch hit Water Type super effectively,and Knock Off Removed opponents item
png-transparent-pokemon-x-and-y-bellossom-oddish-gloom-others-leaf-vertebrate-flower-thumbnail.png
Bellossom @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap

To be honest i don't have a strong reason to put Bellossom in the team and if Victreebel was still in the game i would probably use it over Bellosom.Maybe in some situations it could Set Up Quiver Dance and Hit the Opponent really hard with Solar Beam and Sludge Bomb.Strength Sap can heal Bellossom while lowering opponents attack.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)