Time to sweep! (An OU RMT)

Hello smogonites! This is Atomos, with my first OU RMT. I'll keep everything short, because my spacebar is broken.. But, I really wanted to submit an OU RMT NOW, mainly due to stupid Vbulliten. Oh, and thank you to cruchatize me, his "crunchy offencive RMT" provided some guidelines for my rmt.
Some notes about the team:
I am having a load of trouble with T-Tar...
ditto with gengar, but not so much.
All types are resisted by one member or another, exept dark.....
The "original" team that this "evolved" from had trickzelf,dd gyara scarftran offensive CM celebi, LO gengar, and SD scizor, but the current team is much better now.
THE LEAD

Unorthodox (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Trick
This is Trickzelf, and boy does it rock. Using Azelfs base 115 speed, with choice scarf, it can outrun anything without a scarf. Because of the lightly unorthodox nature of this set, not many people apperently expect it. It is normally a 3-4 step process. Trick-SR-Psychic(If I got a Focus Sash)-Asploade. Against the top 10 leads.
Azelf:Trick, 9 times out of 10, azelf doesnt have trick
Metagross:Trick, only 1/8 leads have trick
Jirachi:Hmmm.... SR, most jirachi leads have trick, so they are going to be surprized when I also am scarfed
Aerodactyl:SR, most of them I come across use taunt.
Swampert: Hands down trick. Swampert lacks the taunting and tricking that usually forces me to use SR first turn.
Infernape:SR, as fire blast always OHKOs
Roserade:Only lead I am really confuzzled about, I could hypothetically psychic, but then focus sash would kick in, I could trick, and not get SR up, or I could SR, and then they would get at least 1 toxic spikes up. Need help with this problem.
Hippowdon:Trick. they will use crunch, expecting a taunt, and even with them having choice scarf, I still out speed.
Ninjask:Psychic, although I really am not sure on this one....
Smeargle:SR, if they are scarfed, they will either trick or spore. If they arent, they will still spore.
The reason for trickzelf Is mainly one of completly f*cking up their team. And it does Its job well.....
---
THE PHYSICAL SWEEPER​

Notmudkipz (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidatem
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
Yes this is it Classic DD Gyarados. The move set is simple. DD is for raising stats. Waterfall provides reliable STAB. EQ is for Electric types and Steel types. Ice Fang was chosen instead of Stone edge after about 2 weeks of testing, all done because I couldn't post this earlier. STUPID FORUM. I had about 5000 games where I could have won if stone edge had hit their mence. All in all, Gyarados and jirachi are the only things preventing blissey from removing my metaphorical testies. Gyarados recieves good synergy with the rest of the team, with both rotom-h and Latias resisting electric, and Gyra takes little damage from the fighting type moves often aimed at porygon-z. Also, with jirachi, gyra takes minimal damage from fire and ground, thus making it a perfect partner.
---
THE STATUSER​

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave
Ok. So I removed scarftran from this team a loooong time ago. I needed something that had 3 things. Status,Tbolt, and a fire type move. Then I saw it. I was on the smogon OU listing when it just appeared to me with its blue hyperlink, and with its 4 other bros. Rotom-H. T-Bolt is chosen over discharge because I have t-wave. T-Wave in turn was chosen over Willowisp, because of accuracy, and the fact that Porygon-Z can do Its job better when its opponents are slower than it, is always a good plus. Shadow ball gives great alternate STAB, and Overheat is for them pesky scizors. Rotom-H synergizes with the team in many ways, mainly giving my team a bit of bulk. Gyara, synergizes nicely with its electric resist. Porygon-z is also immune to ghost type attacks, and complements Rotom nicely. Rotom also is immune to EQ, which gives Jirachi problems.
All in all, the change to Rotom-H was a good one, which gives my team a bit of bulk, and that bulk is nicely fitting onto this team.
---
THE "GLUE"​

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Grass Knot/Recover
When I call Latias the "Glue of my team" I am not kidding. Having a base 130 special defence, it often switches in and out, taking care of such threats as heatran and mence. Calm Mind is for stat boosts. Dragon pulse is for main STAB. Surf gives nice Water/Dragon coverage, which I belive is only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. But the last move, is the problem. Being a LO sweeper, latias takes recoil, which recover can solve, but Grass knot hits swampert very hard, and grass knot also hits hippowdon harder than surf...... Oh well, not having a grass type move on my team
---

THE SPECIAL SWEEPER​
VirusAlert (Porygonz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
Ahh.. yes NP Porygon-z... The Blue and red crown jewel of my team. Tri attack is for STAB, and does more damage neuturally than a standard choice scarf heatrans fire blast. Hidden power fighitng, gives nice all around coverage, and means steel types arent a problem although It means I lose the speed tie with other , while dark pulse makes gengar not wall this set. Nasty plot means sweeping time. The only real problem I have about this set, is that HP fighting reduced my speed by 1 point, making jolly luke always outspeed this thing. The synergy with the rest of the team, mainly comes with the fact that 2/3rds of my team resists fighting, which is always a plus. All in all, the cybernetic duck is working well on the team, and may it remain that way. Oh, and PORYGON-Z is OU DAMN IT!
---
 ​
THE F*CKING ANNOYING THING​
Thisishaxy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/178 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch/Thunder punch?
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
BWAHAHAHA! that is my opinion on this bad boy. The choice scarf gives my team the counter to stat boosters it was looking for, that was originally taken up by scarftran. But this thing is acting like scizor and tran bundled up into 1. Iron head is for stab, and annoys the crap out of my opponents, Cant decide between Fire punch and t-punch, Fire punch means the rest of the set isnt walled by tran and other steel types, but t-punch means the set isnt mutilated by gyara.... decisions decisions decisions...... Ice punch covers mence and the like, while U-Turn is for scouting. Jirachi is mainly what keeps me from the occasional "tilt" in my mood, because there is nothing more pleasurable on shoddy than flinchhaxing with jirachi, so jirachi serves a dual purpose, keeping me winning, and keeping me psychologically amused.
---​

Jolly gyarados with leftovers loses a lot of power. How about a life orb as his item? Or how about giving it an adamant nature and a bulkier ev spread so it has the same amount of power but can take hits much better

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello. This team is currently extremely weak to Tyranitar and Gengar. This is a big problem as both of these Pokemon are currently two of the biggest threats in the entire OU metagame. Tyranitar can easily sweep this team with just a single dragon dance under its belt, while Life Orb Gengar can switch in and do loads of damage to many of your Pokemon. Jirachi is a safe-ish answer to both of these Pokemon, but since Jirachi is really your only check to a whole host of threats like Swords Dance Lucario, Life Orb Gengar, and all forms of Tyranitar (just to name a few) eventually Jirachi will be KOed, allowing your opponent's Pokemon to freely sweep. I suggest that first off, in order to fix your Tyranitar weakness, you switch Porygon-Z with a Swords Dance Lucario. Swords Dance Lucario is a great Pokemon on this team, as not only does it provide the team with a sorely needed second physical powerhouse, but it also provides some key resistances for the team. For instance, Ghost, Rock, and Dark type attacks currently plague this team. Lucario, however, resists all three of these attacking types, and sports a 4x resistance to common Rock type and Dark type moves.

Lucario can easily come in on several Pokemon that threaten this team and proceed to set up a Swords Dance. The most notable is Choice Band Tyranitar; Lucario can easily switch in on a Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch, set up a Swords Dance while it switches out, and then sweep the opposition. The great thing about Lucario on this team is with four Dark-type weak Pokemon, Lucario will have many opportunities to switch in for free (especially with its x4 Stealth Rock resistance). Choiced Pursuit users like Weavile and Tyranitar are probably quite troublesome for this team, but Lucario can actually take advantage of this weakness by coming in after one of your Pokemon faint to a Pursuit and proceeding to set up a Swords Dance. Use this set:

Lucario @ Life Orb | Inner Focus
Adamant | 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 Defense
Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Stone Edge

Swords Dance is obviously the best boosting move availible to Lucario, as with it he can easily raise his attack by two stages in one turn with no real drawback. Couple this with Lucario's many impressive and unique resistances, and you will have many ample opportunities to set up a Swords Dance. Close Combat is an awesome STAB option that has 120 base power, and 180 after factoring in the STAB boost. Not only is Close Combat a fantastic tool for sweeping after a Swords Dance, but even without a Swords Dance it is a huge help: STAB boosted base 120 power moves that have a Life Orb behind them coming off of 350 Attack hurt even when unboosted. Extremespeed is an awesome choice for doing massive amounts of damage to any Pokemon faster than Lucario, barring Gengar and Scarfed Rotom-A. It is especially important for picking off fast, frail sweepers like Starmie and Latias who could otherwise ruin Lucario's sweep. Stone Edge is arguably best on your team as it allows Lucario to easily muscle past defensive Zapdos, who can easily switch in on your Jirachi and Gyarados and wall out a large portion of your team. I would use an Adamant nature for the extra power and the OHKO on Latias with a +2 Extremspeed (after Stealth Rock damage), but a Jolly nature works as well.

Great as Lucario is, he still doesn't fix this team's weakness to Gengar. Life Orb Gengar can switch in after one of the opponent's Pokemon faints and wreak havoc on your team. The only things capable of stopping it are Jirachi, and Azelf (but Azelf will usually be dead in the early stages of the match). Latias could as well, but relying on a speed tie generally isn't the best way to handle a Pokemon that hurts your team so badly. I suggest that in order to fix your weakness, you switch Rotom-H to a Choice Scarf variant. While it may seem redundant to have three Choice Scarf users on your team, it is actually good for balancing out and neutralizing threats that your team may be weak to. Rotom-H easily fixes your weakness to Gengar with a Choice Scarf attached, and also serves as a backup check to Dragon Dance Gyarados. Rotom-H is also one of the best checks to Swords Dance Lucario in the game with a Choice Scarf attatched. Rotom-H on this team is especially great as he can use Trick, which really works wonders for crippling stall teams. Between Azelf's Trick and Rotom-H's Trick stall won't bother this team at all. Use this set:

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 252 HP | 252 Speed | 4 Special Attack
Thunderbolt | Overheat | Shadow Ball | Trick

Thunderbolt is important as it serves the dual purpose of hitting Gyarados for a OHKO as well as giving Rotom-H strong STAB. Overheat is very important on Choice Scarf Rotom-H as it allows it to OHKO Lucario, Scizor, and Foretress easily. Shadow Ball is useful for hitting opposing Rotoms as well as enemy Gengar. Trick is a nice move for crippling stall; be wary, however, of Tricking away your Choice Scarf before all of your opponent's team members have been revealed. You could Trick your Scarf away just to have your opponent's unexpected Gengar switch in and wreck your team. The reason behind using 252 HP EVs as opposed to 252 Special Attack EVs is simple. 252 HP EVs help quite a lot in taking hits, and since Rotom-H will often be switching in on things like Latias's Dragon Pulse and Gyarados's Dragon Dance-boosted Waterfall, the HP EVs go a long way in helping Rotom-H survive in the face of these attacks. What people don't realize is, even with minimal EV investment in Special Attack, Rotom-H can still get all of the necessary OHKOes and 2HKOes it needs: Scizor, Foretress, and Lucario are all OHKOed by Overheat, Starmie and Gyarados are still OHKOed by Thunderbolt, Gengar is OHKOed by Shadow Ball, and Latias and opposing Rotom-A are 2HKOed by Shadow Ball.

On Jirachi, use Fire Punch instead of Thunder Punch. Rotom-H handles Gyarados and other water types wonderfully, and Fire Punch is very useful as it provides you with a secondary check to Lucario and Scizor. Also, on Latias, use Grass Knot over Surf, and run Recover. The reason is that since Latias is really the "glue" to your team, you need it to check as many threats as possible; Recover goes a long way in aiding its survivability, and Grass Knot is helpful for hitting Tyranitar and Hippowdon harder than Surf does. Also, run Life Orb instead of Leftovers on Gyarados. Life Orb is much more useful for scoring extra KOes that couldn't have otherwise be obtained with Leftovers, as well as just raising Gyarados's damage output in general. Hope the changes helped, and good luck! ;)

Thank you snorlaxe! Although I lose Porygon-Z :( I see fully where your coming from, REALLY GOOD ADVICE! cmurph, The reason for Jolly+Lefties, is because LO, I only really find useful if I KNOW I am going to sweep, like with porygon-z. Pgonz, after a nastyplot, can actually sweep very effectivly, and so I am not as affected by LO. The SR weakness for gyra is the main reason I dont run LO, due to it being killed too quickly. And Jolly, is mainly due to a long standing belief, than being killed AFTER doing damage to the opponent, is better than being killed before I would have otherwise KOed my opponent.

EDIT: Thanks for the trickscarf suggestion. The only thing preventing me from doing that, was attachment to porygon-z. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SNORLAXE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)