Titans of the Sea

As powerful as the raging waves...flashing like lightning...as cunning as fate...as black as death...shiny like a pure soul...powerful as a rampaging tsunami... Those phrases define the pure awesomeness that is my team... the Titans of the Sea!

At a Glance
Note: Arceus is steel.

Recent changes are in red.

Torrential (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Torrential is a powerful and majestic killer (literally) whale. He functions as an indespinsable Pokemon who sets up rain, making my team fulfill its purpose. When facing another Kyogre, he can outspeed them with his scarf and deal a heavy blow with Thunder, however I discovered that it can't 1HKO the opposing Kyogre. And, if they're running Specs, ouch. Besides beating the pulp out of opposing Kyogres, he can function as a speedy wrecking ball. All in all, an Uber lead (sorry, I had to.)

Super Cell (Zekrom) @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bolt Strike
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
Super Cell focuses as a mega sweeper that can pack a punch on Pokemon like Kyogre. He can rip through virtually everything with Outrage that doesn't resist. Dragon Claw, being inferior to Outrage, is there in case I don't want to get locked into a Dragon move. On many occasions, Super Cell has had awesome sweeps. It is noteworthy that Groudon can stop epic Bolt Strike sweeps. Super Cell is easily destroyed when it comes to Outrage and Earthquake, however. Besides that, he remains a Boss-like sweeper.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
Latias, despite not having a cool nickname, is a cool bulky sweeper. Soul Dew provides an automatic Calm Mind, which is pretty much necessary on some occasions. If you give Latias a chance to set up you may as well just forfeit, because it is that bulky and that powerful. On top of that, Recover is there for instant healing. I find that she can take hits and deal them out, making her an excellent additon to this team.

Renegade (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-o-wisp
- Dragon Tail
Renegade is this team's physical wall. He can take extraordinary hits, and most of the time he dies because I make stupid moves. Will-o-wisp halves attacks of physical sweepers, increasing wallability. Of course, Dragon Tail is there to get threats out of your face and deal out some damage. Rest and Sleep Talk make an excellent combo, allowing Renegade to heal itself and attack like nothing happened. Renegade can take Outrages and have slightly less than half HP left, which is awesome if you ask me.

Titanium (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Judgment
- Recover
Titanium is this team's second Calm Mind sweeper, and provides a useful Dragon Resistance. Roar can blow away other Pokes that try to set up, and Recover increases wallability. After a couple Calm Minds steel Judgement is more likely than not lethal. The only gaping flaw Titanium has is his ability to deal significant damage on Pokemon that resist Steel. Otherwise, the original one proves his status as godly.

Cosmos (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Surf
- Aura Sphere
Cosmos is a Scarf Palkia that has multiple coverage moves and can go on Spacial Rend sweeps. Thunder and Surf excel under the rain. On top of these wise move choices, Palkia already boasts great SpA. Not much else to say here.

Thanks for any feedback or constructive critiscm!

Team looks good! There are some changes to consider though:
-Changing Focus Miss on Palkia to Aura Spere, which won't miss as much, or Fire Blast, which does just as much on Ferrothorn under the Rain, but with more accuracy, and can abuse opposing teams sunlight
-Roar on Latias in place of Hidden Power to phaze the phazers before they phaze you
-Scarfkrom instead of CBKrom for better coverage and the ability to scout

But yeah, great team. GL

Zekrom got a really shit movepool, and Zen Headbutt is pretty much rubbish. Using STAB Outrage or Bolt Strike, seriously, will do more damage than a Super-Effective Zen Headbutt. I also do not know why you have roar on Arceus-Steel. Having Will-O-Wisp will do better that forcing your opponent to switch out when you see a threat. Hidden Power (fire) is really bad in the rain, so get rid of it and put in surf instead. Just in case your Kyogre is on low health (Water Spout does less damage the lower your HP is). Focus Blast on your Scarfed Palkia is not good, because you will be stuck on that move, and eventually, due to its horrible 70% accuracy, it will miss. Aura Sphere is a good move which sacrifices power for complete accuracy, so if I were you, I would change that move. And just to tell you, 4 of your pokemon are weak to Dragon type moves so if you want to get rid of that horrible hole in your team, I suggest you get another Steel type that can take advantage of the rain? Possibly running a Groudon will get rid of that annoying Specs Kyogre Thunder. It will force Kyogre to switch, and in that time, you may be able to pull off a Rock Polish or Swords Dance.

I will definitely change Focus Blast to Aura Sphere. Honestly, I'll try to find a better Zekrom move than Zen Headbutt but I'm not sure if I'll be sucessful. I will not add a Groudon or another Steel type, because A. Conflicting weather is downright stupid unless your team is built to cope with it and B. Steel Arceus is an awesome steel type and in my opinion there aren't that many other Uber-worthy steel types and it would mean sacrificing one of the boss-like Pokemon on my team.

Team

This team is pretty good. The only thing you should consider is giving Giratina another attacking move. But thats the only thing I would change. Good Team!

This team is pretty good. The only thing you should consider is giving Giratina another attacking move. But thats the only thing I would change. Good Team!
I'm loving the team. Just thought I'd respond to this by saying you could give Giratina Shadow Sneak to get some priority on your team, if you are willing to give up the status of will-o-wisp. Of course, you could always put will-o-wisp on Arceus instead of Roar.

I'm loving the team. Just thought I'd respond to this by saying you could give Giratina Shadow Sneak to get some priority on your team, if you are willing to give up the status of will-o-wisp. Of course, you could always put will-o-wisp on Arceus instead of Roar.
Good call. Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what the point of hp grass is on kyogre as I can only see that being useful on gastrodon, or maybe trying to hit a kyogre-> groudon switch and playing it safe - either way highly situational. surf is probably the better option as that gives you an option to use a stab once your health gets low.

I don't like using surf for a coverage move on latias, it isn't really much better than thunder on anything i can think of in rain. I'd rather run roar (to hit calm minders, and prevent phazing), thunder if you want to use a coverage move that also lets you beat CM kyogre and gives a chance to paralyse opponents, or sub to protect yourself from status and crits to improve your chances of a sweep (248hp EVs will allow a 4th sub then if you need 4 for whatever reason) or maybe even psyshock to smack chansey/blissey in the face.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Pressure
252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 HP
Timid
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
Fits well with Rain Teams and is an amazing counter to Kyogre.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Pressure
252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 HP
Timid
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
I most definitley would not use fire blast as this is a RAIN team. you should probably use surf/hydro pump.

and @fatsnorlax: aura sphere won't miss as much? it doesn't miss.

go with mix-zekrom over zekrom you are using. life orb, WITH FOCUS BLAST. it is worth noting that ferrothorn + chansey core walls your entire team. now you can bring both of them down.

I most definitley would not use fire blast as this is a RAIN team. you should probably use surf/hydro pump.

and @fatsnorlax: aura sphere won't miss as much? it doesn't miss.
I know... I forgot about that when I posted, remebered it later, and didn't feel like editing. That being said, I back Mixcrom that zzzzzzzzz mentioned.

dont use dragon tail on giratina

he subs u most likely will not break the sub with dragon tail
if u switch he boosts and has a sub and ur at a pretty big disadvantage
if u dont switch he boosts u break the sub (or not)
he can either boost again if his sub does not break or sub again and the whole process repeats itself
trust me use roar

just wanted to say that your team is the most original team out there. I mean, Arceus Steel in the rain? Scarf Palkia? Never seen those before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)