Tournament TLT III: Final Rounds [Won by Nat]

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion
FJeTsqx.png

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference​

Welcome to the third iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is seed #1, while Xiri is seed #16. Xiri, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Xiri, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. TWW follows with OU. Xiri then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. Xiri then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Xiri locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 9
Akashi vs 100%GXE

Round 10
Nat vs (Winner of Akashi vs 100%GXE)

If Nat loses in Round 10, we will move onto Round 11 with the same matchup!

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

IMPORTANT: Since this is the final stretch of the tour, ionexting games will be prohibited . Hiding your replays after the game is fine, but your games must be available for the spectators to view live.

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.

Deadline for Round 9 will be at the 27th of October 11:59pm EST

Replays are now mandatory
. If you do not post replays, your win will be nullified, and the match will be coinflipped.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

odr

kickin incredibly dope shit
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Round 9

Akashi vs 100%GXE - GXE lost when these two faced off in the winners bracket and I know he isn’t gonna stand for losing to jeran twice. As long as he thinks through his plays and doesn’t click too fast I know he has what it takes to win this time around.

Round 10

Nat vs 100%GXE - After miraculously making it all the way to finals, I’d say Nat’s time of dominating the bracket has run out. GXE is the better player and should comfortably take the first set from Nat.

Round 11

Nat vs 100%GXE - Same as above, GXE is better than Nat and I don’t expect her to be able to stop him. I predict GXE to be the winner of TLT and claim his custom avatar

Hey errybody, shame I couldnt play the final series a bit better but grats to jeran
Tlt was super fun once again, so thanks to everyone who had a part in it
Shoutouts (there are a lot or cool peeps)
Poat (come back), plimsoll punks (fckin weeb, this kid aiight), imjustgray (thanks for never predicting against me lmao), keepin it spooky (spoopy boi, this kid is cool), esm (hope to see more game analysis vids in the future, xiri/tww thanks for bein cool hosts, pdoat the goat (thanks for helpin wit tests and stuff), roginald/fragments/odr (all these new randbats bois are super chill y'all should get to know em), spitfire arcanine (bigger weeb than plim), raj/plas/arce9 go stuffuls, pcd, Ominousdragoat, robbbb (cc1v1 goat), saba, sifi, poison adhesive, casual.exe, rosey, nat you seem cool I'm hoping for a good finals...if I forgot u I prolly like you dont worry!

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
won vs jeran in 3, ggs.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-1001122146
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-1001126779
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1001130260

Fun tour. It's pretty wild to go 5-0 in tiers my opponents locked lmao, yet somehow only 5-1 in ru. Big thx to Eternally FLCL Luthier Vapo for the teams I used in this. It's a nice feeling to win the tour you created from scratch a few years down the road, albeit first entry. Thx to Xiri to hosting, I'll pm you (or whoever I need to) when the avi's finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)