Tournament TLT III: Round 5 (Losers Bracket)

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion
FJeTsqx.png

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the third iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is seed #1, while Xiri is seed #16. Xiri, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Xiri, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. TWW follows with OU. Xiri then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. Xiri then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Xiri locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 5 Matchups (Losers Bracket Only)
frisoeva vs PrinceOfAllTacos
SMB vs henguinie
Poison Adhesive vs EternalSnowman
PD vs Sificon

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.

Deadline will be 6th of October at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Replays are now mandatory. If you do not post replays, your win will be nullified, and the match will be coinflipped.

Last edited:
frisoeva vs PrinceOfAllTacos - Poat has been impressive so far but think fris should still be able to get it. fris in 3
SMB vs henguinie - Henguinie made it p far in winners but with one tier probably locked win for smb i think smb wins in 3
Poison Adhesive vs EternalSnowman - My winner for the tlt. Still supporting em. Though Pa has had a terrific run so far. ESM in 3
PD vs Sificon - MAFIA. But ye i just dont see pd losing this. PD in 2

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Since all of my predicts for r4 were completely totally 100% correct (no need to fact check me on that) here I am again to lay out the top Fragmoments of this week, ESKETTIT:

frisoeva vs poat -- poat beat ydw who was my pick to win tlt, so now by the transitive property poat is my pick to win tlt so obviously he wins here obviously
SMB vs Drizzle -- mad respect for my man drizzle but I'd rather pump hand sanitizer on a paper cut than face SMB so I gotta favor the doubles god here
PA vs ESM -- my sources are telling me esm is good then again these sources are just me pretending I have sources so we'll see
PD vs Sificon -- sifi beat nat in RU sifi beat nat in RU sifi beat nat in RU if you still doubt sifi you a darn fool

Fun round, go crazy ahhhhh go stupid ahhhhh

frisoeva vs PrinceOfAllTacos (45/55) - well well, look at what we have here, im actually saying tacos can win, u see the hype behind fris is pretty wack. all poat has to do is win everything but ou and hes good, better yet if he wins ou he literally wins this set 100%. i just dont see a player who only excels in one tier doing well against players who can at least play multiple tiers at a "ok" level. tiers are looking like nu/lc/ou or nu/ou/ubers or mono/nu/ou this for these players.
SMB vs henguinie (100/0) - pretty standard stuff, if smb literally just lock dou and win, this is pretty one sided overall.the only chance henguinie has is locking mono and betting on a 50/50. dou/mono/ literally any tier that smb is good at
Poison Adhesive vs EternalSnowman (50/50)- not much to say, just a monotype goon vs a uber goon. i could see they both locking mono/ubers. could go either way
PD vs Sificon (60/40)- both great players, i think pd has the edge if he just locks lc and takes advantage with his experience. but i was impressed with sificon game vs nat, if he brings the same energy hes good

good luck to all

Last edited:

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Well and just like that TLT is over for me :( I did better than me or probably anyone else expected tho and I'm happy with how far I got ^^
Also had a lot of fun and met some really cool and new people along the way :D
good luck to the remaining people in TLT! :]
Hopefully I see most of you guys in next BLT/TLT ;D

Oh yeah I almost forgot: Biggest shoutout to Dj Breloominati♬ for feeding me with teams during this, I would have never made it that far without you, thank you so much <3

The ONLY predicts that matter:
Friso vs Poat- Poat will start the round disguised as a bush, as the unsuspecting Friso roams gathering up kills. Friso may be the better builder, but Poat has the power of Ninja stealth on his side. Lucky for our beloved taco, he discovers some shield potions within his own bush -absolutely wild- . Unfortunately for POAT, Friso has found height and is sniping everyone left to right. "OH NO," thinks POAT, I forgot to thank the bus driver. Meanwhile, Friso is still racking up kills, trying to get his new kill streak. Totally epic fam. "OH NO," thinks Poat again, I am running out of mats. He begins the search for wood, but wildfires have killed all the trees :bigsad: luckily Poat still has his trusty bush. As Friso is kickin ass and takin names, he is also building up his arsenal. Heavy shotguns, grenade launchers, golden scars... you name it he has it. POAT waddles in his bush, before stumbling upon a pistol with a single bullet. POAT questions whether or not to pick it up, as he is strictly anti-nra. Finally, he decides "well if everyone else is going to have one, I might as well." He picks it up and waddles on his way. (As an important aside: POAT's bush guides him away from the storm). Somehow POAT and friso both end up in top 5, and in a relatively small circle. Despite the circle's apparent size, no one can seem to find POAT. At this point, Friso has already racked up 49 kills. He snipes 4 more fellas, and as one of them is dramatically falling to the ground he spots Poat. "Res me pls" begs the man. "No," says Poat and the man falls to his death. "WHERE IS POAT!" cries Friso, in a temper. "Right here," yells poat, valiantly throwing his bush to the side. Poat immediately regretted his decision, as there was a rocket launcher pointed at him. He began to feel faint, and tripped. As his limp body headed toward the ground, the pistol fell from his right pant pocket. It hit the ground with a thud, and fired its sole bullet. Friso gasped, knowing he had been bested by the great Poat. As Poat came to minutes later, he celebrated his victory royale with the deepest of all dabs.
SMB vs henguine
ESM vs PA
PD vs sifi

Last edited:
Was a fun run guys I enjoyed tlt for the second straight year, best of luck to everyone left. You better win after beating me Friso :p.
Time to own up to what I said I'd do I was running on fumes after the qualifying frustrations and the game hasn't been the same so this is my final tour. I had a blast and almost wanted to keep playing but it's time for me to go :blobsad:.

Sorry for letting you down Fille owe this run to you my friend I couldn't have done it without you, you were best wingman a dude could ask for.
Take care all of you especially to all my friends I've made over the last year and a half 100%Gxe Fille PD Roginald OminousDraco Oras-Mega Gorfield/dollianthewoods TectonicDestroyer WhyMaleModels(wherever you may be) and even you Lkap sorry if i didn't get to you the list is long and thread not long enough.

My final request is if someone could do me a favor and link those guys I don't know how sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)