Tournament TLT IV: Round 1

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
FJeTsqx.png

Banner by sirDonovan
Approved by Zodiax
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the fourth iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also Swiss for the first five weeks, so even if you're defeated once, you can still have a chance to qualify for the playoffs (3+ wins).

The tiers that will be played are:

SS Ubers
SS OU
SS UU
SS RU
SS NU
SS PU
SS LC

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player (determined by points in the cycle) will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order one more time. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Temp placed #1 in cycle 1, while Axgwd placed 12th in cycle 3. Ax, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by Temp locking OU. At this point, neither PU nor OU can be eliminated. Ax, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. Temp follows with RU. Ax then eliminates LC, and Temp eliminates NU. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Ax locked in), OU (what Temp locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, Temp, the higher seed, chooses to play OU first. Temp then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs taking the record of the person they are subbing in for.

Round 1 Matchups
e~t~h~e~y vs Gilgamesh9
Cheese5555
vs halaman95
Decem vs Ronman5
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ
t0te
vs Sets
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin
Baloor vs get_lucki
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen
Stareal
vs 7u9i2
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier
Let's Rumble Shall We
vs lkapkd1
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves
saba1111
vs Shadowmonstr7
LethalHobo723 vs Maki
PrinceOfAllTacos
vs Hoopa590
Hys vs 100%GXE
kythr
vs Failures
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy
henguinie
vs 52Gambit
Alternatif vs Sificon
TeamCharm69
vs Maple
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*
Furya* vs ZUALBR
Roxiee vs Trade
giove97 vs EternalSnowman
TheGreenRoman
vs Dragon246
Atiman vs Skipkan
imjustgray
vs FatFighter2
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew
iNoLife
vs RichardPepper
APW001 vs SiceXV

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

*Possible sub needed

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.

Deadline will be 29th of November at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Replays are not mandatory but would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi I am hungry for likes, thus I'll be doing predicts that no one cares about

SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: oo my boy solar, also I really found ethey's attitude very cringe lately
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: Haven't seen halaman play since blt and I've seen cheese more around
Decem vs Ronman5: Is this Ron...5 alt? Unless that's the case decem wins.
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: Idk who either of them are
t0te vs Sets: Sets already has a custom so I'm bolding against them
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: KabilaPok is a tours room reg iirc but ru main arce is my preferred pick
Baloor vs get_lucki: omg lant sogood pls win
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: I haven't seen micoy play in a good while but I have also been inactive in a good while
Stareal vs 7u9i2: idk the other guy
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: idk both but names with bad grammar are always better
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: from what I heard this guy is good but idk
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: don't really wanna bold in favor of lkap, but idk who the other guy is, I think he played in blt but I don't remember too much.
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: better name
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: hate to bold against saba but uh this could be close considering how versatile + underrated sabaoat is.
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: LethalHobo is literally THE better name but :scrafty:
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: Grats on driver
Hys vs 100%GXE: Grats on driver
kythr vs Failures: Grats on voice
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: I think lugia played good in blt iirc
henguinie vs 52Gambit: fun match but I haven't seen much of bdl after blt
Alternatif vs Sificon: hi sifi
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: also interesting match, TeamCharm is a good tours room reg but Maple is really good
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: Suzize is a tp reg but uhh no smogon acc? Bolding the goat tbirds
Furya* vs ZUALBR: this name is familiar for no reason
Roxiee vs Trade: :scrafty: heat matchup, trade's versatility is on a higher level than roxiee's imo but they're both very good players
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: Haven't seen giove play much lately
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: I know neither but numbers suck
Atiman vs Skipkan: Gonna go with the name I know
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: same as above
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: same as above
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: from what I heard this guy is really good.
APW001 vs SiceXV: apw is god but sice is a :scrafty:. Also in all seriousness I haven't seen apw play as much as I used to.

Gl to everyone n_n

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
not going to do 64 predicts but i think it'd be fun predicting the winner of this as the winner from last year. if Luthier cared he'd win but he hasn't posted in 2 weeks and is equally barely alive on disc. in his place i think Decem will win, even w/o mono.

actually first time doing predicts, lets try this

SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: dont really know either but solarflareRO is a RO (its in his name) and we all know room rank directly corellates with play skill. should be an easy win
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: absols never lose
Decem vs Ronman5: i heard decem is good
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: pokeraj is a plaza hero and an absol, not to mention a good player. he can definitely pull this off even though ive heard MJ is good too.
t0te vs Sets: unfort dont know either
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: arce = good player, dont know kabilapok
Baloor vs get_lucki: dont know baloor and lant is back. lets see if shes back to win it all
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: damn two absols, but surfy was my teammate in tpp2 so i gotta say surfy
Stareal vs 7u9i2: stareal doesnt lose
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker:
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: apparently he's a favorite to take it all, soz pokeart
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: havent seen any of them play
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: same as above
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: shadow is the absolute goat, however theres no DOU this time around and saba looked clean af in cpl. big HL for me
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: havent seen either play
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: Grats on driver
Hys vs 100%GXE: cant predict vs gxe in r1
kythr vs Failures: cant predict vs kythr ever
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: havent seen either of em play but apparently they're both good, so should be a good one
henguinie vs 52Gambit: 52goatbit
Alternatif vs Sificon: ive only seen alternatif play oms, so idk how he's at regular tiers but i havent seen sificon play much if at all, so im bolding alternatif here
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: cant predict vs dugza in r1
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: thundergoats
Furya* vs ZUALBR: dont know either of em
Roxiee vs Trade: cant predict vs trade r1
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: esm is apparently quite good, sorry giove
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: dont know either of em
Atiman vs Skipkan: dont know either of em
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: gray is goated, he made poffs of olt and i think he also played in ssd?
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: axew is quite good from what i've heard
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: richard is deceptively good
APW001 vs SiceXV: apwin had a good BLT, i can easily see him going far here

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
also doing predicts for the first time ever :o

SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: idk much about ethey and Solar is pretty good
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: haven't seen halaman play for a long time
Decem vs Ronman5: Ronman is solid but Decem is one of the best players in this tour imo
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: one of my personal highlights. Could go either way.
t0te vs Sets: idk much about either player but I think I remember from past AG tours that Sets is pretty good?
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: arce9 is good, no idea who his opponent is.
Baloor vs get_lucki: sorry Lant but Baloor is just better imo (I'm lowkey rooting for an upset here)
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: both are good from what I remember, could go either way
Stareal vs 7u9i2: no idea who 7u9i2 is.
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: Pamplona is cool and also a great player from what I remember.
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: depending on how much Luthier cares, he should be able to win.
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: never heard of LRSW but I don't wanna bold lkap :<
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: never heard of them
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: another highlight of this round, can go either way.
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: Maki played pretty good in CPL from what I remember and I never heard of their opponent.
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: Kaif is good and Poat sucks but I still predict him to win :*
Hys vs 100%GXE: I think GXE got to like top 8 in all TLT runs he was in and I dont know much about Hys
kythr vs Failures: I don't really know who Failures is
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: Haven't seen Lugia play at all but I think they're favored here
henguinie vs 52Gambit: henguine also only had great TLT runs from what I remember.
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: since there is no Mono, TeamCharm could also win, but I think Maple is still favored.
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: no idea who Suzize is and they don't even have a smogon account, soooooo
Furya* vs ZUALBR: Going with the name that I've at least seen before.
Roxiee vs Trade: another one of my personal highlights for the round. My guts say Roxiee will win this.
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: I want giove to win this but ESM is the better player
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Atiman vs Skipkan: despite seeing their name quite a few times I actually have no idea how good Skipkan is. Bolding them anyways.
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: FatFighter played (and won) a lot of room tours the past month so this will be an interesting series.
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: Vamshi seems pretty new to competitive and ik that Sensei is good.
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: RichardPepper is solid, don't know a lot about iNoLife
APW001 vs SiceXV: From what I've heard Sice is pretty good so this I can see this go either way.

Don't take these too serious please <3

Last edited:
also doing predicts for the first time ever :o

SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: idk much about ethey and Solar is pretty good
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: haven't seen halaman play for a long time
Decem vs Ronman5: Ronman is solid but Decem is one of the best players in this tour imo
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: one of my personal highlights. Could go either way.
t0te vs Sets: idk much about either player but I think I remember from past AG tours that Sets is pretty good?
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: arce9 is good, no idea who his opponent is.
Baloor vs get_lucki: sorry Lant but Baloor is just better imo (I'm lowkey rooting for an upset here)
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: both are good from what I remember, could go either way
Stareal vs 7u9i2: no idea who 7u9i2 is.
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: Pamplona is cool and also a great player from what I remember.
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: depending on how much Luthier cares, he should be able to win.
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: never heard of LRSW but I don't wanna bold lkap :<
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: never heard of them
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: another highlight of this round, can go either way.
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: Maki played pretty good in CPL from what I remember and I never heard of their opponent.
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: Kaif is good and Poat sucks but I still predict him to win :*
Hys vs 100%GXE: I think GXE got to like top 8 in all TLT runs he was in and I dont know much about Hys
kythr vs Failures: I don't really know who Failures is
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: Haven't seen Lugia play at all but I think they're favored here
henguinie vs 52Gambit: henguine also only had great TLT runs from what I remember.
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: since there is no Mono, TeamCharm could also win, but I think Maple is still favored.
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: no idea who Suzize is and they don't even have a smogon account, soooooo
Furya* vs ZUALBR: Going with the name that I've at least seen before.
Roxiee vs Trade: another one of personal highlights for the round. My guts say Roxiee will win this.
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: I want giove to win this but ESM is the better player
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Atiman vs Skipkan: despite seeing their name quite a few times I actually have no idea how good Skipkan is. Bolding them anyways.
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: FatFighter played (and won) a lot of room tours the past month so this will be an interesting series.
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: Vamshi seems pretty new to competitive and ik that Sensei is good.
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: RichardPepper is solid, don't know a lot about iNoLife
APW001 vs SiceXV: From what I've heard Sice is pretty good so this I can see this go either way.

Don't take these too serious please <3
"never heard of LRSW"I am Hell Rayquaza1 -_-

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
Predictions:
SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: 75-25 Everyone knows SolarFlare is the most op dragon ball technique, while I have no idea what eyhey is. Maybe it is like something you yell while passing a buddy on the street "Et Hey!" But you cant yell that if you cant see thus SolarFlarero wins ez.

Cheese5555 vs halaman95: 89-11 "Cheese" is worth 11 scrabble points; "Halaman" is worth 12 scrabble points. We have to take in account the numbers however. To make it fair we have to assume two random numbers in random location for halaman. Thus Halaman has an 89% chance to have a higher score than cheese if we add the numbers together (Check my math p). Unfortuatly this is a game of golf so Cheese wins.

Decem vs Ronman5: 65-35 Decem is latin for the word 10. Ronman is one letter away from the word "Roman". Ancient Rome spoke Latin. Unfortunately for Ron Decem is a much better player. He will make it close tho... maybe.

RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: 55-45 Easily the best draw of round 1. Mj is definitely the better player and will be able to handle anything raj brings. Raj has hax on his side though. Is the goat still a goat if you shoot him? Yes, but he is a goat with a bullet in him.

t0te vs Sets: 60-40 t0te doesn't believe in sets (I mean have you seen him play). If you do not in believe in something it does not exist. It is really hard to lose to something that does not exist. He might manage to tho.

KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: 65-35 I do not know who kabilapok is. I think he will try hard and win tho. Plus TheFranklin is dutch. There are two things I dislike: People who judge other people by external factors such as nationality and... the dutch.

Baloor vs get_lucki: 60-40 Do not trust someone with the name get_lucki to win. First, he will need luck and raj is already taking up most of that. Second he his wishing luck to his opponent. Not a fair strat if Baloor actually gets luck. Close odd bc lucki could actually be Locki or Loki and he is trying to trick us into a false sense of security.

micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: 72-28 If you google "micoytancinco," There is a youtube account with a rubik's cube. I was once a teenager, and had real trouble solving rubik's cubes. Thus if realsurfyteen is a real surfy teen then he might have trouble solving this match, even tho I think he is the better player.

Stareal vs 7u9i2: 77-23 This one is ez. Seven, no you 9... I am 2. Well 9>2 so ha you lose. Shoulda stuck with 7 smh.

Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: 99.999-.001 How can you expect to win without hacking!! Show me some skillz pls.

PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: 64-36 What is going to happen here? Cmon we all know. Pokeart is going to play worse bc Luthier is goat. Pokeart is going to get good rng and make some 5head decisions off of 3head choices. Thus Luthier will be mad after he loses these games. That is the true Poke Art my friends.

Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: 100-0 This is the second best matchup. Usually I would give lkap a chance (especially given my luck against him rn). Buuuut, real talk: Look at this name. "Let's Rumble Shall We"... Are we sure this isnt an lkap alt account. Anyway they should both bring H-O dumb teams, they will rumble a bit, the guy prepared to rumble win ez.

MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: 58-42 Yep the guy without an account will win this one. I dont make the rules. He does way too much to lose. The move thunder wave paralyzes. The move Airwave gives the opponent x2 speed. This is a bad strat if you are not running tr. Angels do not run tr.

saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: 61.72 - 30.28

Mackenzie Knife: Are you afraid of your shadow?
Saba1111: I am
Saba1111: I'll probs lose
Saba1111: in fact
Mackenzie Knife: what about monsters?
Saba1111: more
Mackenzie Knife: the number 7?!
Saba1111: no, not 7

In the Dark Night Rises, batman showed that fear can give you strength (remember when he escaped from the hole). Thus I believe Saba will rise up and use his fear to win. At what cost tho? Fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering... suffering leads to the dark side. Thus is the rise of darth saba1111.

LethalHobo723 vs Maki: 57-43 I like Maki. That is how I used to spell my name all the way throught third grade. It is a good name. I have watched Maki play. I love his playstyle. I love his teambuilding, but there is no montype. The other guy is not your usual hobo. He is a lethal hobo. Thus he has the edge here.

PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: 69.689-20.311 Let me give you a quote: It is wrote that poat is goat so cast your vote and get ready to gloat bc this taco will go for the throat and choke you with his coat.

Hys vs 100%GXE: 101-100 Hys means have your say. In the end he will have his say that 100% does not mean everytime.

kythr vs Failures: 63-37 You cant win rd 1 with the name failures, change it to successes. Be positive for goodness sake.

Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: 61-39 This sounds like such a funny matchup. Just sound it out. Lugia_numair vs the ledgendary blinkboy. Blikn is easily more solid, buut Lugia will try harder and I do not care how great you are at blinking, a lugia throwing air at you will eventually tear your eyes out.

henguinie vs 52Gambit: 52-48 How many more are there? Gosh this is exhausting. Henguinie is from hell. You do not go for gambits when facing hell. Plus 52Gambit, do you prefer "52" or "Gambit". What if it was like "no 52 is my dad, call me I-Am-Going-To-Win."

Alternatif vs Sificon: 67-33 Alternatif is French. Sifi is Swiss. Now this is just my opinion but the French have much better cheese (mmmm brie). So, Sifi may try to cheese this match and that is not going to work bc the counter cheese will be too strong.

TeamCharm69 vs Maple: 58-42 I am picking teamcharm69 bc I like their profile pic.

The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: 64-36 Suzie does not even have a smogon account. How can I pick this?

Furya* vs ZUALBR: 54-46 Do not underestimate these people w/o accounts. They might log on and crush some people. They might be the next *insert player here*

Roxiee vs Trade: 62-38: This one will be close. Roxiee is mad solid tho. Like do not underestimate. I also feel like Roxiee has a better grasp on the current metagame. Roxxie reminds me of Roxanne. What if Roxanne and Steven Stone got married. Then she would be Roxanne Stone.

giove97 vs EternalSnowman: 53-67: Giove is always fun to play. I have run into him on many a random ladder for no reason, but It is hard to run that kind of balanced playstyle and expect a result against someone as experienced and good as esm.

TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: 62-38 See ron he actually has Roman in his name. Think of this match conceptually. A green roman vs a dragon... who will win? Well dragons do not exist, green Romans have existed. So I feel like an environmentally conscious Roman will beat a lizard that does not exist.
Atiman vs Skipkan: 82-17 Atiman=That a man = gj bro way to win.

imjustgray vs FatFighter2: 61-39 Im gray da ba dee da ba daa. Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa. FatFighter was a terrible game but I have never played the sequal so I will give him a chance.

Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: 54-46 Vamshi (Kannada: ವಂಶಿ) is an Indian Kannada-language action drama film starring Puneeth Rajkumar and Nikitha in the lead roles. It is directed by Prakash and produced by Smt. Parvathamma Rajkumar. The film was released on October 2, 2008. Sensei Axew joined smogon June 14, 2019. Those two dates are 3709 days apart. Then, 3709 is one away from 3710. In the Pennsylvania legislation dealing with vehicles section 3710 deals with obstruction at intersections or highways. Vamshi will obstruct Axew from advancing.

iNoLife vs RichardPepper: 65-35: He no life. He beat guy with life.

APW001 vs SiceXV: 85-15: APW = A perfect win. Sice means syce. I got this definition for syce: (especially in India) a groom (taking care of horses). Calvary is not that great in the modern age so sorry.

Predictions:
SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: 75-25 Everyone knows SolarFlare is the most op dragon ball technique, while I have no idea what eyhey is. Maybe it is like something you yell while passing a buddy on the street "Et Hey!" But you cant yell that if you cant see thus SolarFlarero wins ez.

Cheese5555 vs halaman95: 89-11 "Cheese" is worth 11 scrabble points; "Halaman" is worth 12 scrabble points. We have to take in account the numbers however. To make it fair we have to assume two random numbers in random location for halaman. Thus Halaman has an 89% chance to have a higher score than cheese if we add the numbers together (Check my math p). Unfortuatly this is a game of golf so Cheese wins.

Decem vs Ronman5: 65-35 Decem is latin for the word 10. Ronman is one letter away from the word "Roman". Ancient Rome spoke Latin. Unfortunately for Ron Decem is a much better player. He will make it close tho... maybe.

RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: 55-45 Easily the best draw of round 1. Mj is definitely the better player and will be able to handle anything raj brings. Raj has hax on his side though. Is the goat still a goat if you shoot him? Yes, but he is a goat with a bullet in him.

t0te vs Sets: 60-40 t0te doesn't believe in sets (I mean have you seen him play). If you do not in believe in something it does not exist. It is really hard to lose to something that does not exist. He might manage to tho.

KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: 65-35 I do not know who kabilapok is. I think he will try hard and win tho. Plus TheFranklin is dutch. There are two things I dislike: People who judge other people by external factors such as nationality and... the dutch.

Baloor vs get_lucki: 60-40 Do not trust someone with the name get_lucki to win. First, he will need luck and raj is already taking up most of that. Second he his wishing luck to his opponent. Not a fair strat if Baloor actually gets luck. Close odd bc lucki could actually be Locki or Loki and he is trying to trick us into a false sense of security.

micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: 72-28 If you google "micoytancinco," There is a youtube account with a rubik's cube. I was once a teenager, and had real trouble solving rubik's cubes. Thus if realsurfyteen is a real surfy teen then he might have trouble solving this match, even tho I think he is the better player.

Stareal vs 7u9i2: 77-23 This one is ez. Seven, no you 9... I am 2. Well 9>2 so ha you lose. Shoulda stuck with 7 smh.

Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: 99.999-.001 How can you expect to win without hacking!! Show me some skillz pls.

PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: 64-36 What is going to happen here? Cmon we all know. Pokeart is going to play worse bc Luthier is goat. Pokeart is going to get good rng and make some 5head decisions off of 3head choices. Thus Luthier will be mad after he loses these games. That is the true Poke Art my friends.

Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: 100-0 This is the second best matchup. Usually I would give lkap a chance (especially given my luck against him rn). Buuuut, real talk: Look at this name. "Let's Rumble Shall We"... Are we sure this isnt an lkap alt account. Anyway they should both bring H-O dumb teams, they will rumble a bit, the guy prepared to rumble win ez.

MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: 58-42 Yep the guy without an account will win this one. I dont make the rules. He does way too much to lose. The move thunder wave paralyzes. The move Airwave gives the opponent x2 speed. This is a bad strat if you are not running tr. Angels do not run tr.

saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: 61.72 - 30.28

Mackenzie Knife: Are you afraid of your shadow?
Saba1111: I am
Saba1111: I'll probs lose
Saba1111: in fact
Mackenzie Knife: what about monsters?
Saba1111: more
Mackenzie Knife: the number 7?!
Saba1111: no, not 7

In the Dark Night Rises, batman showed that fear can give you strength (remember when he escaped from the hole). Thus I believe Saba will rise up and use his fear to win. At what cost tho? Fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering... suffering leads to the dark side. Thus is the rise of darth saba1111.

LethalHobo723 vs Maki: 57-43 I like Maki. That is how I used to spell my name all the way throught third grade. It is a good name. I have watched Maki play. I love his playstyle. I love his teambuilding, but there is no montype. The other guy is not your usual hobo. He is a lethal hobo. Thus he has the edge here.

PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: 69.689-20.311 Let me give you a quote: It is wrote that poat is goat so cast your vote and get ready to gloat bc this taco will go for the throat and choke you with his coat.

Hys vs 100%GXE: 101-100 Hys means have your say. In the end he will have his say that 100% does not mean everytime.

kythr vs Failures: 63-37 You cant win rd 1 with the name failures, change it to successes. Be positive for goodness sake.

Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: 61-39 This sounds like such a funny matchup. Just sound it out. Lugia_numair vs the ledgendary blinkboy. Blikn is easily more solid, buut Lugia will try harder and I do not care how great you are at blinking, a lugia throwing air at you will eventually tear your eyes out.

henguinie vs 52Gambit: 52-48 How many more are there? Gosh this is exhausting. Henguinie is from hell. You do not go for gambits when facing hell. Plus 52Gambit, do you prefer "52" or "Gambit". What if it was like "no 52 is my dad, call me I-Am-Going-To-Win."

Alternatif vs Sificon: 67-33 Alternatif is French. Sifi is Swiss. Now this is just my opinion but the French have much better cheese (mmmm brie). So, Sifi may try to cheese this match and that is not going to work bc the counter cheese will be too strong.

TeamCharm69 vs Maple: 58-42 I am picking teamcharm69 bc I like their profile pic.

The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: 64-36 Suzie does not even have a smogon account. How can I pick this?

Furya* vs ZUALBR: 54-46 Do not underestimate these people w/o accounts. They might log on and crush some people. They might be the next *insert player here*

Roxiee vs Trade: 62-38: This one will be close. Roxiee is mad solid tho. Like do not underestimate. I also feel like Roxiee has a better grasp on the current metagame. Roxxie reminds me of Roxanne. What if Roxanne and Steven Stone got married. Then she would be Roxanne Stone.

giove97 vs EternalSnowman: 53-67: Giove is always fun to play. I have run into him on many a random ladder for no reason, but It is hard to run that kind of balanced playstyle and expect a result against someone as experienced and good as esm.

TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: 62-38 See ron he actually has Roman in his name. Think of this match conceptually. A green roman vs a dragon... who will win? Well dragons do not exist, green Romans have existed. So I feel like an environmentally conscious Roman will beat a lizard that does not exist.
Atiman vs Skipkan: 82-17 Atiman=That a man = gj bro way to win.

imjustgray vs FatFighter2: 61-39 Im gray da ba dee da ba daa. Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa. FatFighter was a terrible game but I have never played the sequal so I will give him a chance.

Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: 54-46 Vamshi (Kannada: ವಂಶಿ) is an Indian Kannada-language action drama film starring Puneeth Rajkumar and Nikitha in the lead roles. It is directed by Prakash and produced by Smt. Parvathamma Rajkumar. The film was released on October 2, 2008. Sensei Axew joined smogon June 14, 2019. Those two dates are 3709 days apart. Then, 3709 is one away from 3710. In the Pennsylvania legislation dealing with vehicles section 3710 deals with obstruction at intersections or highways. Vamshi will obstruct Axew from advancing.

iNoLife vs RichardPepper: 65-35: He no life. He beat guy with life.

APW001 vs SiceXV: 85-15: APW = A perfect win. Sice means syce. I got this definition for syce: (especially in India) a groom (taking care of horses). Calvary is not that great in the modern age so sorry.
how do we know mack didn't just put everything on the left?

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
real predicts
SolarflareRo (60) vs e~t~h~e~y (40) - not sure ethey is a very good player while solar plays every tier at least decently
Cheese5555 (60) vs halaman95 (40) - hala is an underrated player but cheese is a little too good to lose here
Decem (65) vs Ronman5 (35) - im pretty sure ronman’s only tier is mono, which decem is still way better at while decem has experience in a lot of tiers
RaJ.Shoot (55) vs MJ (45) - I would go with mj if this was gen7 but I have no idea how he is in gen8 so im going with the one I’ve seen more
t0te (??) vs Sets (??) - no idea how good sets is but they have a cool name so maybe they’ve been playing for a while. t0te is a pretty average player with 1 centered playstyle so Sets’ chances don’t seem too bad
KabilaPok (40) vs TheFranklin (60) - kabilapok is one of the better players here but arce is one of the best players here
Baloor (60) vs get_lucki (40) - Unfortunately all I really know get_lucki for is 1v1 and 2v2 while baloor was pretty crazy last gen. I’m pretty sure Baloor doesnt have a lot of experience with this gen so should be closer than u think
micoytancinco12 (35) vs realSurfyTeen (65) - i love mico but I dont think he had many competitive feats while surfyteen has been consistent in every tour I’ve seen him in
Stareal (??) vs 7u9i2 (??) - no idea who the other is but Stareal is quite good, probably should be one of the best ou players
Pamplona (??) vs NotAnHacker (??) - not sure who NotAnHacker is but Pamplona is an underrated LC player who I think will surprise a lot of people
PokeArt2004♥ (30) vs Luthier (70) - luthier is definitely the favorite for this tour, only way I see him losing this is if he doesn’t prep for sun or gets haxed
Let's Rumble Shall We (55) vs lkapkd1 (45) - lkapkd is much like t0te: they’re both stubborn to not use HO. I’m going with who I think is a more impressive player with a definitely more flexible playstyle.
MrDoTooMuch* (??) vs Angels & Airwaves (??) - dunno enough about angels while idk mrdotoomuch (cool name tho) but ill pick the person with a tag
saba1111 (49) vs Shadowmonstr7 (51) - this is super close, both players are one of the better players for the tour imo but I believe shadowmonstr plays more tiers.
LethalHobo723 (35) vs Maki (65) - Lethalhobo is one of the better new players but shouldnt be favored much towards Maki, who plays every tier and loves stall (maki is terrible)
PrinceOfAllTacos (55) vs Kaif (45) - ive only actually seen poat play gen8 recently (tours room doesnt count) in cpl, where he went 3-0 in mono. It may be a matchup tier and not in tlt but its whats making me put him over kaif here. On the other hand, I only saw kaif play like a month ago in the youtube tour where he made it pretty far but it was still dlc1 ou
Hys (40) vs 100%GXE (60) - hys is a very good player imo but gxe is one of the favorites and should storm through tlt if he cares enough to
kythr (100) vs Failures (0) - kythr is one of the best players here who had super impressive showings in almost every tier unlike failures whos fucking terrible
Lugia_numair (40) vs blinkboy (60) - pretty sure ive only heard good things about blinkboy however i THINK he mains nfe?? Lugia rly hasnt done anything impressive recently, prob the best was him getting to stage 2 of lc majors so ill go with blinkboy
henguinie (57.5) vs 52Gambit (42.5) - havent seen bdl recently but I can only assume they’re still good. 52gambit is a pretty solid player too but I cant get him above bdl here
Alternatif (40) vs Sificon (60) - ive seen alternaif’s name thrown around in tours and dipping 2 tlts ago i think? Dont rly think hes all that good but sifi is an underrated player who has the potential to take it far with rly impressive showings in some tiers
TeamCharm69 (40) vs Maple (60) - teamcharm has been good in roomtours but that doesnt convince me that he’ll beat a proven maple, despite maple being handicapped without mono.
The Thunderbirds (??) vs Suzize* (??) - 0 idea who suzize is but tbirds literally plays every tier at at least a decent level so he should take this regardless
Furya* vs ZUALBR - who
Roxiee (40) vs Trade (60) - i think trade plays slightly better but what really makes him shine in tlt is his ability to play every tier at a solid level
giove97 (35) vs EternalSnowman (65) - i dont think esm has been living up to it in recent smogtours but he definitely should still beat giove here, who I’ve seen join a few tours but not make a big name in them
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246 - who
Atiman (40) vs Skipkan (60) - atiman is actually pretty underrated imo but with a lot of pretty good players, i dont think he’ll make it far. Starting with what probably will be a loss to skipkan
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew (65) - sensei is definitely one of the better players here who makes optimal plays based on my experience against a vamshi that I think is pretty average based on his tours run
iNoLife (0) vs RichardPepper (100) idk who iNoLife is but from what I’ve seen from Richard, he would just get haxed anyway. Richard is a pretty average player imo but probably one the luckiest ones i’ve ever seen
APW001 vs SiceXV - sice just plays untiers like 1v1 unlike apw who plays real tours :blobtriumph:

Feel free to prove me wrong

kythr

save the ocean
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
some of my insights regarding a few highlight (or more interesting) matches of this first round:

RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: raj either plays like a goat or throws the game on turn 2 and gets humiliated - there is no in-between. and what i've come to learn recently is that there is a very strong correlation between a certain factor, and this drastic dichotomy in his quality of his play. "what is it?" you might ask. well fortunately for everyone in this tour besides raj himself, that factor is wether the tour is in an individual or team format. bar last blt, raj has consistently put up good results in team tours, especially for team india in world cup tours. he's been great in puwcop and had a standout uuwcop. wether it's because of the pressure/encouragement from his indian brethren, or for some other reason, raj does not disappoint in a team setting. regardless of this aforementioned success, raj seems to tragically falter in most individual tournaments. i don't have much to say about MJ on the other hand. i know he is a very talented player, but mains rand bats(?) i'm also quite skeptical regarding his gen 8 experience. regardless, i would traditionally favor MJ here as the more consistent player, but if raj can channel his inner team india "blimax-esque" spirit, and takes more than 5 seconds to click his moves, then i wouldn't be surprised if he is able to pull off the upset here.

micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: two buddies of mine so definitely a fun one to watch for me. micoy has made a reputation for himself as a master of setting otherworldly tiers and metas in tp/tours room, and also for making ridiculous puns everywhere he goes. while the latter might not have any relation to tlt, i believe that former will be beneficial in this format. amongst a state of lower tier chaos, micoy should be able to quickly adapt and build some solid teams for even formats where he might not be too experienced. surfy on the other hand has quickly become a standout name amongst the lc ladder and community. i can see him locking lc almost every round and beating most opponents in it. however im not too sure about his abilities in tiers outside of little cup. close one but i'll favor surfy 2-1 here.

Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: not really a highlight but just wanted to point it out cuz i think it's quite amusing that this mu happened. for those who are unaware, let's rumble shall we = hell rayquaza1. expect every team of every match to be cheese HO from lkap's side, and wack tech cheese sets form hr1's side that always put in work somehow. no idea who wins.

saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: two more friends of mine. saba and i teamed up for cpl and i must say that he looked very impressive in uu. i cant speak to his building capabilities, but he has enough connections to steal solid teams from high level players. while many might think shadow looks like a fish out of water in a tour without dou, i believe that he is actually a component singles player as well. while certainly not on the same level with his doubles play, shadow's singles abilities are nothing to overlook. this will be a close one as well, but giving it to saba 2-1 because i don't know how eager shadow will be to build/acquire teams.

TeamCharm69 vs Maple: i have absolutely no clue where this teamcharm dude came from, but he's actually looked quite impressive from the play ive seen in tours room. maple on the other hand, is one of my closest buddies on smogon, and i therefore understand that while he is making an effort, his play in tiers that are not monotype is a bit iffy. sorry duggy but im gonna say underdog teamcharm wins this 2-1 gg noob

APW001 vs SiceXV: this might also not be a "highlight" per se, but i think it'll be one of the closer ones in terms of skill level. apw (aka always playing and winning) has established himself as one of the best tours room players of all time in terms of the leaderboard. sicexv on the other hand, is a 1v1 main(?) who has been playing more and more main tier formats. i think they're a relatively decent player and will be interesting to see what tiers are chosen in this set. apw wins 2-1.

Last edited:
SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: taking solar cause he doesnt have any tilde in his name
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: taking the big cheese since hes the big cheese
Decem vs Ronman5: decem only because ronman said happy bday to me a day early and ill never forget that
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: never bet against MJ
t0te vs Sets: Sets' name is more professional looking so taking Sets
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: arce9 been an og for me so taking him
Baloor vs get_lucki: lant cause they are a nice person :)
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: im a surfy simp so. 100% money on surfy *mwah*
Stareal vs 7u9i2: taking star cause i can actually pronounce his name and i know is p good at mons
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: Pamp since theyre a LC God
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: luthier if he actually tries
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: im just betting against lkap tbh
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: dont know any of yall lmao
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: saba since we played among us before :)
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: maki since someone in my family has the same name
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: POAT
Hys vs 100%GXE: gxe since theyre real good at mons
kythr vs Failures: kythr since hes a God at mons now
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: :psyangry:
henguinie vs 52Gambit: bd since theyre good and an OG
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: maple do be pretty good at mons tho
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: idk who suzize is but thunder is p good
Furya* vs ZUALBR: idk any of yall so its a toss up
Roxiee vs Trade: the versatile GOAT so taking trade ofc
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: taking the superstar twitch streamer. look out ninja!
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: :blobshrug:
Atiman vs Skipkan: idk who you two are
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: grays good at mons so ill take them
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: ax is good as well so ill take them
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: RichardPepper
APW001 vs SiceXV: Mal since theyre the tours leaderboard GOATs but should be a good game

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y: taking solar cause he doesnt have any tilde in his name
Cheese5555 vs halaman95: taking the big cheese since hes the big cheese
Decem vs Ronman5: decem only because ronman said happy bday to me a day early and ill never forget that
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ: never bet against MJ
t0te vs Sets: Sets' name is more professional looking so taking Sets
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin: arce9 been an og for me so taking him
Baloor vs get_lucki: lant cause they are a nice person :)
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen: im a surfy simp so. 100% money on surfy *mwah*
Stareal vs 7u9i2: taking star cause i can actually pronounce his name and i know is p good at mons
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker: Pamp since theyre a LC God
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier: luthier if he actually tries
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1: im just betting against lkap tbh
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves: dont know any of yall lmao
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7: saba since we played among us before :)
LethalHobo723 vs Maki: maki since someone in my family has the same name
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif: POAT
Hys vs 100%GXE: gxe since theyre real good at mons
kythr vs Failures: kythr since hes a God at mons now
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy: :psyangry:
henguinie vs 52Gambit: bd since theyre good and an OG
TeamCharm69 vs Maple: maple do be pretty good at mons tho
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize*: idk who suzize is but thunder is p good
Furya* vs ZUALBR: idk any of yall so its a toss up
Roxiee vs Trade: the versatile GOAT so taking trade ofc
giove97 vs EternalSnowman: taking the superstar twitch streamer. look out ninja!
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246: :blobshrug:
Atiman vs Skipkan: idk who you two are
imjustgray vs FatFighter2: grays good at mons so ill take them
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew: ax is good as well so ill take them
iNoLife vs RichardPepper: RichardPepper
APW001 vs SiceXV: Mal since theyre the tours leaderboard GOATs but should be a good game
how rude to predict every matchup except mine >:(

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
Round 1 Matchups
SolarflareRo vs e~t~h~e~y hamburger
Cheese5555 vs halaman95 cheeseburger
Decem vs Ronman5 big mac
RaJ.Shoot vs MJ whopper
t0te vs Sets hamburger
KabilaPok vs TheFranklin cheeseburger
Baloor vs get_lucki big mac
micoytancinco12 vs realSurfyTeen whopper
Stareal vs 7u9i2 hamburger
Pamplona vs NotAnHacker cheeseburger
PokeArt2004♥ vs Luthier big mac
Let's Rumble Shall We vs lkapkd1 whopper
MrDoTooMuch* vs Angels & Airwaves hamburger
saba1111 vs Shadowmonstr7 cheeseburger
LethalHobo723 vs Maki big mac
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaif whopper
Hys vs 100%GXE hamburger
kythr vs Failures cheeseburger
Lugia_numair vs blinkboy big mac
henguinie vs 52Gambit whopper
Alternatif vs Sificon hamburger
TeamCharm69 vs Maple cheeseburger
The Thunderbirds vs Suzize* big mac
Furya* vs ZUALBR whopper
Roxiee vs Trade hamburger
giove97 vs EternalSnowman cheeseburger
TheGreenRoman vs Dragon246 big mac
Atiman vs Skipkan whopper
imjustgray vs FatFighter2 hamburger
Vamshi vs Sensei Axew cheeseburger
iNoLife vs RichardPepper big mac
APW001 vs SiceXV whopper....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)